Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo07
Jul 26, 2013

mabels big day posted:

i cant find this lovely stuffed animal bear

Yeah, I don't really understand why they made so many of the new pokemon hard to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

corn in the bible posted:

anything you have in gen 5 or 6 you'll be able to get in... january, i think? when the pokemon bank gets updated. gen 1 support will be added too.

ok well at least that seems like a huge amount of the pokemon then, hopefully they'll do those event legendaries again

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
I would like everyone to know that crabominable's dex entry says it can fire off it's claws like rockets.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

eonwe posted:

also wowzers, I just realized what a pain its going to be to get pokemon from old games

are most of the pokemon in relatively recent games? I guess old event legendaries are basically lost to me forever too

Once Pokemon Bank updates in January, it's going to be super easy to get everything from XY/ORAS into SM. I think that leaves only certain event-only pokemon that are unobtainable between SM and the Gen 6 games.

If you've got sentimental value attached to certain old mons, you can still move it over, you just have to jump through hoops to do so because every inter-gen pokemon transferring method until Pokebank was stupid (and anything from gen 2 and earlier you're locked out from forever)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

whoever decided that some zygarde cells should be day/night time exclusive should be punched in the head by a crabrawler

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is cutiefly any good? I think I'm taking it to the end game. I love it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pakled posted:

Once Pokemon Bank updates in January, it's going to be super easy to get everything from XY/ORAS into SM. I think that leaves only certain event-only pokemon that are unobtainable between SM and the Gen 6 games.

If you've got sentimental value attached to certain old mons, you can still move it over, you just have to jump through hoops to do so because every inter-gen pokemon transferring method until Pokebank was stupid (and anything from gen 2 and earlier you're locked out from forever)

its stupid but I was going to try to just literally collect every pokemon onto a pokedex

im not in any rush and it sounds like its at least remotely possible over a long period of time

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

Found you and added you as a VIP, haven't found snot corn's dude yet.

Edit: think you need to change your settings to allow trade requests.

Thanks pal!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Wait, so both Crabrawler and Charjabug can't evolve until the very end of the game? :( That's really disappointing.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

RC Cola posted:

It's one of my best friends. It learns a bunch of 80-90 BP moves, though coverage is sort of thin. I think it's one of my favorite new pokemon.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

RC Cola posted:

rimbombee was pretty much my MVP, she's decently strong and ridiculously fast, gets a 90 BP bug move as soon as she evolves and eventually picks up quiver dance + dazzling gleam plus a handful of good support moves (stun spore, aromatherapy)

she also gets energy ball via TM if you're not carrying a grass type like my dumb rear end

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
Please enjoy your yeti crabs.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

someone awful. posted:

route 3, in the patch of grass on the right with the berry tree, south of the bridge

it's a 1% chance :(

And here I thought I'd gotten everything on that drat island. Well poo poo.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Inflammatory posted:

Thank you good sir

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

less laughter posted:

That way you will be more inclined to buy the third version, because of the move tutors.

Gamefreak doesn't have to incline me to do anything, I will buy whatever they make

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

how can i use the steel z-move when no one taught me how to do the steel z-move dance

huge loving blunder on gamefreak's part

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Has anyone had any luck getting a Castform yet? I snagged Goomy in the rain in front of Po Town, but I've tried SOS chaining in other weather areas and still no sign of Castform.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

how can i use the steel z-move when no one taught me how to do the steel z-move dance

you don't learn the dance for the starter z-moves either

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I just caught a Cyndaquil, my favorite starter. What a time to be alive.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Brother Entropy posted:

When you get the Bugnium Z from the Team Skull Mansion, there really needed to be just some random grunt show up, do the pose, and leave. Same for all of the Z-Crystals.

Also, is it just me, or did they nerf the Pokemon-Amie/Refresh bonuses? Because my entire team is at max affection except for Zydog, and they aren't constantly landing critical hits like in X/Y. It's a good change, don't get me wrong, X/Y's endgame was an exercise in pointing my team at any trainer and then winning.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

is this mangosteen pokemon any good, i'm levelling it because i think it's cute as heck but i want to know if i should brace for disappointment or not

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lmao Wimpod's ability is so hilariously dumb

I can't even train him because he keeps running from random encounters :allears:

Solumin posted:

Wait, so both Crabrawler and Charjabug can't evolve until the very end of the game? :( That's really disappointing.

This is extremely distressing to learn... I kinda wanna use both of them. :(

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

someone awful. posted:

is this mangosteen pokemon any good, i'm levelling it because i think it's cute as heck but i want to know if i should brace for disappointment or not

Tsareena hits like a truck.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

if you want the freest elo of your life use Mega Pinsir on ladder. it bodies the entire meta right now

im jumping into this without knowing anything about the ultra beasts and what the gently caress is Celesteela and why the hell does it know Leech Seed

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

You rock. He's with me all game.
I think it's gonna be him, cutiefly, grass starter, and alohan muk for sure. Maybe wimpod later idk what water pokemon I want to use yet

spotlessd
Sep 8, 2016

by merry exmarx
Is experienced shared with the Exp. Share scaled to the level of the active monster in your party? In other words, if I'm rolling over every fight with my starter, is the reduced experience from his relatively high level affecting the amount of experienced distributed to the rest of my team?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Parting Shot Silvally is awesome. Parting Shot is a broken move and I'm glad it's on a usable Pokemon now

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Wishiwashi is a goddamn beast. It's single handedly carried my team through multiple chunks of the game.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

end of game spoilers did this game really just give me a legendary pokemon to catch after a bunch of cutscenes after i beat the pokemon league champion and i wasn't given a chance to save

is that what just happened

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

The Lord of Hats posted:

Wishiwashi is a goddamn beast. It's single handedly carried my team through multiple chunks of the game.

I think all of the new pokemon are beasts, my team's weak links are Alolan Raichu and Zydog right now.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I'm pretty sure my crab has a bad ability but whatever. It's story mode woo

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
For pokemon that require trades to evolve into their final form, do they stop learning moves in Pokemon Sun once they evolve?

I traded my Kadabra as soon as he evolved so I can get Alakazam for the stat boosts and my friend told me he won't learn moves anymore. Is this true?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Remove This Pokemon

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-480185878

cams posted:

end of game spoilers did this game really just give me a legendary pokemon to catch after a bunch of cutscenes after i beat the pokemon league champion and i wasn't given a chance to save

is that what just happened

you can refight it if you beat the E4 again I think

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

MikeyLikesIt posted:

For pokemon that require trades to evolve into their final form, do they stop learning moves in Pokemon Sun once they evolve?

I traded my Kadabra as soon as he evolved so I can get Alakazam for the stat boosts and my friend told me he won't learn moves anymore. Is this true?

Nah I'm 95% sure that's a Stone evolution thing.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

MikeyLikesIt posted:

It varies from pokemon to pokemon but in Kadabra's case, no, it learns the same moves at the same levels once you evolve it to Alakazam.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
weird fact about Thousand Arrows: it's a ground move that hits flying types and levitating mons, but when it hits one of those two types it hits as Neutral effectiveness regardless of the second type if it has one. so hitting a Zapdos or Skarmory with Thousand Arrows it'll be 1x effective rather than 2x. similarly hitting a Mega Pinsir will be 1x effective instead of .5x (since bug resists ground)

weird fact about Thousand Arrows #2: after the first hit against a flyer it applies the Smack Down debuff, so any hits AFTER the first will then consider the secondary type, meaning Zapdos/etc. take 2x damage.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Is there a way to get bubbling fishing spots to spawn? Trying to initiate a battle with a corsola and a normal 1% fishing encounter rate is going to kill me.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Remove This Pokemon

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-480185878

you can refight it if you beat the E4 again I think

does complete form zygarde have the same BST as cover legendaries?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Professor Kukui is easily a top tier professor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

mabels big day posted:

does complete form zygarde have the same BST as cover legendaries?

Type(s) - Dragon/Ground
Base Stats - 216 HP / 100 Atk / 121 Def / 91 SpA / 95 SpD / 85 Spe
Total - 708