Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well that's just horrible, can we get a real writer like Frank Cho to do something actually awesome with Wonder Woman already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That girl is gonna come back in a decade as a dead body for Wonder Woman to get angry about.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

bobkatt013 posted:

Uncanny X-men 132

Man I was so stoked when I first read that issue. If the comic book store had been a little closer to home I probably would've camped out waiting for each issue from that plotline.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

WickedHate posted:

That girl is gonna come back in a decade as a dead body for Wonder Woman to get angry about.

You think it's going to take a decade?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

WickedHate posted:

Wonder Woman will be spurred to take on her most dastardly foes after that little girl's arms are ripped off and stuffed in a fridge before she's brainwashed to start a suicidal fight with WW against her will.

The phrase, "This ends now!!" will be uttered (even though nothing will actually end)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

To make it really sting I think WW would have to find the girl hanged and the Lasso of Truth is the noose.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah she'll be shoved inside a mini bar fridge :v:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The gently caress is wrong with yall

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Well that's just horrible, can we get a real writer like Frank Cho to do something actually awesome with Wonder Woman already?

I will cut you.

WickedHate posted:

To hell with all your cynicism, I love those panels. You go, Peony!

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

purple death ray posted:

The gently caress is wrong with yall

This.

Just to be clear, this is the "touching and inspiring panels" thread. You wanna keep up this conversation take it to the badass panels thread or something where they appreciate mindless violence and gore, not here.

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

McCloud posted:

This.

Just to be clear, this is the "touching and inspiring panels" thread. You wanna keep up this conversation take it to the badass panels thread or something where they appreciate mindless violence and gore, not here.

I get the feeling they were all being sarcastic.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah but it's still super duper weird

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I think the point is that DC won't let us have Nice Things.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

WickedHate posted:

Or turned into the silver swan.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
That's a sweet scene, and also "Bouquet" actually strikes me as a really solid superhero name for a flower-based hero.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Redeye Flight posted:

That's a sweet scene, and also "Bouquet" actually strikes me as a really solid superhero name for a flower-based hero.

She's a Super Hero called Bucket?

(Only people from the UK/Ireland will get this reference? )

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The Question IRL posted:

She's a Super Hero called Bucket?

(Only people from the UK/Ireland will get this reference? )

Or anyone who watched PBS.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Phylodox posted:

Or anyone who watched PBS.

Really, they put Keeping Up Appearances on PBS? What else did you get?
Casualty or the Bill?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The Question IRL posted:

Really, they put Keeping Up Appearances on PBS? What else did you get?
Casualty or the Bill?

PBS is how North Americans knew about Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Keeping Up Appearances, Father Ted, Last of the Summer Wine, and innumerable other British series' before the advent of the Internet.

EndlessRagdoll
May 20, 2016

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

idgi

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I loving love The Adventures of Close Up Eye Shot in a Broken Glass Room with Zero Context.

The third volume is my favourite.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lurdiak posted:

I feel like these might benefit from context.

I'm sensing a pattern.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Infinitum posted:

Found on Imgur's front page. No idea on issue sorry

It is just pure :3::sparkles::allears:

Is there any way to learn more about this character, or was she really just a one-off side character in a Wonder Woman book? Because Google is no help at all.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Is there any way to learn more about this character, or was she really just a one-off side character in a Wonder Woman book? Because Google is no help at all.

One-off

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Well then, that's stupid.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The book just came out last month, somebody might do something else with Peony still.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

It's her first appearance which just came out!

e: that's what I get for leaving tabs open

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Has there ever been a story where all the plant based supers at DC (ie Swamp Thing, Black Orchid, etc) made one big super group? I know sometimes the villainous ones are shown to be a little more morally ambiguous, and tolerated by the good ones. This new girl just seems like the perfect opportunity to open the door to more stuff dealing with The Green.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

purple death ray posted:

The book just came out last month, somebody might do something else with Peony still.

Who wrote that particular story? Rucka or someone else?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Who wrote that particular story? Rucka or someone else?

Gail Simone

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

purple death ray posted:

Seriously, I know DC has a bad track record but holy poo poo let's stop taking every single solitary thing that might be good and shrieking over how it'll turn lovely.

"OH A CUTE INTERACTION!? I BET SHE'LL BECOME A SUPERVILLAIN WHO WONDER WOMAN HAS TO KILL! GRRRR I'M SO ANGRY AT DC OVER THIS THING I JUST MADE UP!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

Seriously, I know DC has a bad track record but holy poo poo let's stop taking every single solitary thing that might be good and shrieking over how it'll turn lovely.

"OH A CUTE INTERACTION!? I BET SHE'LL BECOME A SUPERVILLAIN WHO WONDER WOMAN HAS TO KILL! GRRRR I'M SO ANGRY AT DC OVER THIS THING I JUST MADE UP!"

Don't make stuff up.

They were saying that Circe or Cheetah or Dr Psycho would kill her to cause Wonder Woman pain and drive her to get retribution. At least make sure you're railing about the right made-up story idea that people are getting butthurt about.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

Don't make stuff up.

They were saying that Circe or Cheetah or Dr Psycho would kill her to cause Wonder Woman pain and drive her to get retribution.

Or turn her into the silver swan

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Or turn her into the silver swan

And THEN stuff her in the fridge :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Choco1980 posted:

Has there ever been a story where all the plant based supers at DC (ie Swamp Thing, Black Orchid, etc) made one big super group? I know sometimes the villainous ones are shown to be a little more morally ambiguous, and tolerated by the good ones. This new girl just seems like the perfect opportunity to open the door to more stuff dealing with The Green.

A few of them teamed up in Scot Snyder's Swamp Thing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And Swamp Thing showed up to help Poison Ivy in her recent miniseries.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

I have no idea where this is from.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
rip skippy never forget :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

Don't make stuff up.

They were saying that Circe or Cheetah or Dr Psycho would kill her to cause Wonder Woman pain and drive her to get retribution. At least make sure you're railing about the right made-up story idea that people are getting butthurt about.

I'm deeply sorry for getting wrong the things people were making up to get angry about.