Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

roundmidnight posted:

You should not feel bad about Terrence Ross's contract. Terrence Ross's contract is Very Good.

I wouldn't go that far. Even in the new economy, paying 12 mill a year for an aggressively mediocre bench player doesn't seem great to me. It's not as terrible as it seemed last year, but it's still kinda gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Embiid is also light years ahead of Curry on the "games missed due to injury in his first three years" front

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crabbe for nerlens 1:1 challenge trade

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
We're going to need to see your shoes, Joel.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

attackmole posted:

I wouldn't go that far. Even in the new economy, paying 12 mill a year for an aggressively mediocre bench player doesn't seem great to me. It's not as terrible as it seemed last year, but it's still kinda gross.

It's basically 7 million, that's like nothing and the Raptors are cap-locked regardless so in reality his number really doesn't matter.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Tae posted:

Small subtle things that I hear from podcasts:

-No one gives a gently caress about Miles Plumlee as a finisher. His strength is passing out of a pick and roll, but he's a bad finisher for a roll man.
-Aminu's been out for a long while, so they're forced to run double bigs except their bigs are Plumlee and Leonard
-Evan Turner is being paid 72 million dollars basically sabotage every single second, but due to injuries, they have no choice
-Blazers as a team are not very big, which doesn't doesn't help that most of the roster are bad defenders.

Mostly correct. Other than it being Mason not Miles. Also Aminu has only been out for 3 games I think, but he was really bad before that as well, especially defensively and on the glass. And Evan Turner is going to play even when Aminu is healthy, because Portland needs him to at least be a solid bench player for them.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

We're going to need to see your shoes, Joel.

They will be fire

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

Crabbe for nerlens 1:1 challenge trade

A rare "A bad trade for both sides" situation!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Hoiberg is a remarkably bad coach for continuing to play Rondo so much.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

I hope the brow and PG somehow get together on a scrappy team because there's nothing sadder than seing great talent go to waste.maybe a team that's been battered by bad luck like the kings or something and try to turn it around.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
How have the Kings been unlucky?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Hoiberg is a remarkably bad coach for continuing to play Rondo so much.

How can he not play him . The gm just signed him .

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

Rockets have recalled Chinanu Onuaku and Kyle Wiltjer from RGV. I am ready for this to happen.

I am also ready for Onuaku. I switched to the Rick Barry free throw form for my 2k guy last night.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
And considering that his job is tied to that GM anyway it's probably in Hoiberg's best interest to keep playing him.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I still haven't seen any good evidence of how much time actually passed between Cousins touching the ball and Ross getting the shot off.

The only good gif I've seen made it seem way late but I think the slow mo starts slower in that gif and speeds up after the deflection so the timing of it is off. Internet giffers are dropping the ball here.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ChainsawCharlie posted:

I hope the brow and PG somehow get together on a scrappy team because there's nothing sadder than seing great talent go to waste.maybe a team that's been battered by bad luck like the kings or something and try to turn it around.

The Pels roster with Davis has been the definition of unlucky. The core of Davis, Anderson, Tyreke, Gordon, and Jrue played ~33 games together across the three seasons they were teammates.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hand Row posted:

Consider the Kings record the last 10 years and then look at how many times the Kings drafted in the top 3. Minnesota fans used to whine about how unlucky they were in the lottery but they've drafted in the top 3 three times and got the #1 pick when KAT was on the board.

Granted, the Kings have done a bunch of stupid poo poo in their own but they've been given like zero breaks except for that time 4 teams passed on Cousins

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

tomorrow the pistons are announcing they're moving to the red wings' new arena

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/800787285440602116

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

Consider the Kings record the last 10 years and then look at how many times the Kings drafted in the top 3. Minnesota fans used to whine about how unlucky they were in the lottery but they've drafted in the top 3 three times and got the #1 pick when KAT was on the board.

Granted, the Kings have done a bunch of stupid poo poo in their own but they've been given like zero breaks except for that time 4 teams passed on Cousins

Reminds me of the 90s Mavs draft experience. Just awful when that situation happens.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Vertical Lime posted:

tomorrow the pistons are announcing they're moving to the red wings' new arena

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/800787285440602116
Rip to the palace 🍾 pour one out for auburn hills

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

Rip to the palace 🍾 pour one out for auburn hills

I have fond memories of post grant hill, stack house 35 pt don Reid Jon Barry Jerome Williams malaise pistons in that place.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Detroit seems very cool to me but the fact that I don't like it when it's cooler than 85 F means I'd probably have a bad time there.

Hand Row posted:

Like almost every way possible.

They've made a lot of bad decisions, sure, but even when they've had decent coaching or front office decision makers, just about every decision that was a toss up (and there are a lot that even good GMs face) went the other way.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Spacebump posted:

Reminds me of the 90s Mavs draft experience. Just awful when that situation happens.

Sounds familiar. The Warriors were really, really good at blowing lottery picks for a long time. I talked myself into franchise savior and #1 overall pick Joe Smith for two years. It was loving awful.

But then, of course, they drafted Curry, Klay and Green, and all of them exceeded expectations to a ridiculous degree. So I will consider drafting loving Mike Dunleavy Jr. the blood sacrifice that was needed to right the ship.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 21, 2016

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

How can he not play him . The gm just signed him .

Fred got $25m guaranteed. If they fire him for playing Rondo, so be it. Go out on your own terms, not your incompetent GMs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The heat are retiring Shaq's number

You know, long standing heat member Shaquile o neal

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tae posted:

The heat are retiring Shaq's number

You know, long standing heat member Shaquile o neal

He won them a loving ring. Well helped them win. Also they retire everyone's number.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Skinny Shaq was awesome.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dexo posted:

He won them a loving ring. Well helped them win. Also they retire everyone's number.

Just like micheal jordan

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dan Marino is my favorite Miami Heat legend

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Tae posted:

Just like micheal jordan

Should be retired league wide :colbert:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Dan Marino is my favorite Miami Heat legend

His only meaningful accolade in sports tbh

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Steve Francis is now possibly being extradited to Florida on a burglary charge after his Houston DWI arrest

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Jack's Flow posted:

Sounds familiar. The Warriors were really, really good at blowing lottery picks for a long time. I talked myself into franchise savior and #1 overall pick Joe Smith for two years. It was loving awful.

But then, of course, they drafted Curry, Klay and Green, and all of them exceeded expectations to a ridiculous degree. So I will consider drafting loving Mike Dunleavy Jr. the blood sacrifice that was needed to right the ship.

Please, don't speak unkind words about the son of the Tulane basketball coach.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/NBAOfficial/status/800826174024851456

Will the delay be more than 2.4 seconds? You fucks

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Posted. Correct Call.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Kings are unlucky in that they didn't get a top 3 pick to waste on Derrick Williams, Waiters, Anthony Bennett, or Evan Turner. We all know that's what would've happened.

In all seriousness the Kings are really unlucky cuz normally bad ownership is rewarded in the NBA. Like how the Sterling Clippers got CP3, the Knicks got Porzingis, Chicago got Thibs and Rose and company, etc.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

zelah posted:

Posted. Correct Call.

quote:

The on-court referees noticed a clock malfunction on the inbounds play and correctly triggered an instant replay. After communicating with the Replay Center, it was determined that the clock should have started when Cousins (SAC) tips the ball and run to 0:00.00 before Ross’ (TOR) shot was released.

Nothing else specific. Time ran out, gg

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Kings are unlucky in that they didn't get a top 3 pick to waste on Derrick Williams, Waiters, Anthony Bennett, or Evan Turner. We all know that's what would've happened.

In all seriousness the Kings are really unlucky cuz normally bad ownership is rewarded in the NBA. Like how the Sterling Clippers got CP3, the Knicks got Porzingis, Chicago got Thibs and Rose and company, etc.

Two of those picks would only have been made in that range by the Cavs front office.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

chunkles posted:

Steve Francis is now possibly being extradited to Florida on a burglary charge after his Houston DWI arrest

Yao, your friend needs your guiding hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

zelah posted:

Posted. Correct Call.

I'm really surprised there's such a hubbub about this.

It's the right call and it was the right call last night I do not understand why so many people seem to have a problem with it.

• Locked thread