Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Wow. Prioritizing having children over your relationship is a sign that it's not a relationship worth having
No? It's a powerful drive and a dealbreaker for many people. It is something you need to hash out before you marry but it's just one of several things you need to be clear on.

Speaking as someone that wouldn't have chosen to have kids and married someone that made it clear she wanted kids. We agreed on two and we're a day away from our ten year anniversary.

beaten but oh well its on last page anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

quote:

My(F26) husband(M29) is going to fire my sister's(F27) husband(M33) tomorrow. How do I talk to her?

My husband helped my sister's husband get a job. My sister's husband unleashed some racial slurs at another employee. Human resources department has investigated. He admitted to it. Now my husband has to fire him. They have three kids, it's Thanksgiving, I'm furious at him.
My sister has no idea and my husband is a total mess. He has no idea why they chose him to do the firing. This is something that someone in HR usually does. My husband was promoted last month so maybe it's in his new job description.
TL:dr:. my husband is about to fire my sister's husband. Should I give her a heads up?

I'm pretty sure that this is an O. Henry story in the making.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I'm positive it's not the same line of work I was in, but I was told I needed to write up one co-worker and fire another whom I was friends with and I told management that it would create conflict in my personal life if I did so and someone else did it.
I feel like that should be a rule everywhere.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

La Brea Carpet posted:

I'm pretty sure that this is an O. Henry story in the making.

While it sucks he's getting fired, he unleashed a torrent of racial slurs at a coworker and admitted to it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [21f] friend [21m] acts creepy with women, like following random girls around the campus at night. How can I tell him to stop?

This is something that's been going on for a while.

My friend is always acting creepy with women. He likes to follow them around the campus at night. I think it's awful, he knows that women get scared shitless about having a man following them, but he does it anyway. I have no idea why. I've told him to stop but he said he "couldn't". How to proceed?

tl;dr: my friend follows women around the campus even though I told him to STOP.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
They should probably get someone else to do the firing if possible?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Is it really that hard to say "what the gently caress do you mean you can't" and if he doesn't elaborate say "that's bullshit, stop doing it you loving idiot"

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

This guy is definitely a rapist in the making:catstare:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Breetai posted:

America.

Seriously, can't link because I'm phone posting, but YouTube 'wanda's macaroni salad'.

Man. We had our Thanksgiving get together at work and everyone was supposed to bring a dish. I brought a pecan pie, which is whatever.

But someone brought some kind of...it was literally a bowl of canned peas, scoops of mayo and handfuls of shredded cheese. How do you even do this

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Gaunab posted:

While it sucks he's getting fired, he unleashed a torrent of racial slurs at a coworker and admitted to it.

True, but getting a guy hired and then firing him just before a holiday has to feel awful.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

zakharov posted:

They should probably get someone else to do the firing if possible?

Yeah, really. I once had a lovely job at the same place my (then) girlfriend worked. She made a pretty big mistake one day and faced disciplinary charges... and she worked directly under me. They made me do the disciplinary despite my request that my senior really should do it, given the obvious conflict of interest.

That said, she just cocked up something that resulted in some money being lost. If she'd started spewing out a torrent of racial slurs I would've fired her and dumped her, because I'm not mental.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yeah, really. I once had a lovely job at the same place my (then) girlfriend worked. She made a pretty big mistake one day and faced disciplinary charges... and she worked directly under me. They made me do the disciplinary despite my request that my senior really should do it, given the obvious conflict of interest.

That said, she just cocked up something that resulted in some money being lost. If she'd started spewing out a torrent of racial slurs I would've fired her and dumped her, because I'm not mental.

Sounds sexy. Whose a naughty girl who is being written up? Here, sign this please, we need a paper trail to complete the disciplinary process.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Sounds sexy. Whose a naughty girl who is being written up? Here, sign this please, we need a paper trail to complete the disciplinary process.

Don't do it again, or I'll finger you to completion a second time!

E: I think our stalker may be hunting vampires.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

If only. She was pissed at me for doing it :(

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sounds like she needs a corrective disciplinary.

With a penis, I mean.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Maybe I am broken. I don't mind kids if they're well behaved and polite. And I have, at times, tolerated kids when they were being bratty/fussy but there have been times when I have failed to do so as well. (I'm working on it.)

I am not a fan of screaming/misbehaving children and prefer not to be around them. However, a shrieking kid in my vicinity won't ruin my whole day or traumatize me forever. (Though I definitely have a bad time while they're carrying on.) And if the kid is young (3 or less) there really isn't much the parent can do to calm them or quiet then beyond the stuff they've always done which may or may not work.

What bothers me the most about fussy/misbehaving kids, however, is that there is nothing I can do to help. I like to be proactive and try to solve/resolve my own issues. But there is nothing I can do in response to a screaming/tantruming child but grit my teeth and endure it or relocate myself. Because going up to either the parents or the kid, even if you know them very well or are family, and trying to help is a bad thing.

I learned this when I tried to calm down my 4 year old cousin who was wailing and carrying on about wanting her mom when her mom was unavailable (because she was sick and trying to recover.) Her dad and closer family's solution of ignoring her or trying to distract her wasn't working and was only causing her to ramp up the volume and act out more. So I took the time to sit down with her and ask her if she had ever gotten sick, which she confirmed, and explained to her that sometimes moms get sick too and need some time to themselves to get better. While I was explaining this to her her dad interrupted me and was pretty upset with me saying poo poo like, "It's all about you, Jenner." And yeah, in hindsight even though everyone was miserable and nothing was working I should have stayed the gently caress out of it because the girl wasn't my kid to parent.

My point is, even though I really suffer around kids who are being terrible and do not like them and really detest bad parents parenting bad I just draw the line at hating children and people who want to have children or choose to have children to the core of my soul. It seems really irrational and excessive to me.

I kind of want to make some r/childfree posts where I detail my experiences with screaming children in restaurants where I just silently suffered through it while I finished my meal, paid for it, and left because JFC get over yourself.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jenner posted:

I learned this when I tried to calm down my 4 year old cousin who was wailing and carrying on about wanting her mom when her mom was unavailable (because she was sick and trying to recover.) Her dad and closer family's solution of ignoring her or trying to distract her wasn't working and was only causing her to ramp up the volume and act out more. So I took the time to sit down with her and ask her if she had ever gotten sick, which she confirmed, and explained to her that sometimes moms get sick too and need some time to themselves to get better. While I was explaining this to her her dad interrupted me and was pretty upset with me saying poo poo like, "It's all about you, Jenner." And yeah, in hindsight even though everyone was miserable and nothing was working I should have stayed the gently caress out of it because the girl wasn't my kid to parent.

Her dad sounds like a total loving rear end in a top hat. How were you making it all about you?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
The posting is coming from inside the thread!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

WampaLord posted:

Her dad sounds like a total loving rear end in a top hat. How were you making it all about you?
Yeah agreed - "How dare you thoughtfully explain something to my kid?" is not a particularly reasonable response.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Jenner posted:

So I took the time to sit down with her and ask her if she had ever gotten sick, which she confirmed, and explained to her that sometimes moms get sick too and need some time to themselves to get better. While I was explaining this to her her dad interrupted me and was pretty upset with me saying poo poo like, "It's all about you, Jenner." And yeah, in hindsight even though everyone was miserable and nothing was working I should have stayed the gently caress out of it because the girl wasn't my kid to parent.

what

It sounds like you were the only person that actually knows how to deal with a child. Kids aren't totally dumb and most of the time if you take a while to actually explain poo poo to them they'll get it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Gaunab posted:

guy who "can't" stop stalking women

You know it's a good Reddit post when the most sympathetic explanation is "your friend is a tormented ghost, chained to this world by his sins, compelled to reenact his terrible life"

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Jenner posted:

What bothers me the most about fussy/misbehaving kids, however, is that there is nothing I can do to help. I like to be proactive and try to solve/resolve my own issues. But there is nothing I can do in response to a screaming/tantruming child but grit my teeth and endure it or relocate myself. Because going up to either the parents or the kid, even if you know them very well or are family, and trying to help is a bad thing.

That sounds like you did the right thing in the situation with the crying kid. Instilling a sense of empathy is the way to go. I'm sure her father was annoyed from all of the crying and upset that another family member had stepped in to help, but I'm fairly sure that didn't warrant a verbal reprimand. I'm not sure how helping a child understand their situation is "all about you" from the limited info here. I guess their default method was to just let the kid have at it and they saw you as stepping in because it was annoying as gently caress? (It was)

Don't worry about being broken. Parents hate the screaming, crying, whining and arguing too, they just put up with it longer than seems feasible.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Jenner posted:

"It's all about you, Jenner.

But enough about America's most famous transsexual...

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

Danaru posted:

Submitted 7 hours ago:

Meanwhile, in his post history, on a post submitted 9 months ago:

Buddy got dumped straight up almost a year ago and still hasn't realized it. She even told him and he still didn't notice. :psyduck:

The "ghoster" and the "dumper" are two different people.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Quote-Unquote posted:

what

It sounds like you were the only person that actually knows how to deal with a child. Kids aren't totally dumb and most of the time if you take a while to actually explain poo poo to them they'll get it.

Looks heavily editorialised to me because the reaction the dad had is a complete non-sequitur from what OP allegedly calmly and empathetically explained to the kid from the goodness of their heart.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gaunab posted:

There was a time when GBS had that kind on anti-child rhetoric.

There was a time when GBS was full of the kinds of monsters that inhabit D&D. Fortunately, times change.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Jeza posted:

Looks heavily editorialised to me because the reaction the dad had is a complete non-sequitur from what OP allegedly calmly and empathetically explained to the kid from the goodness of their heart.

Yeah, I don't want to derail but I'm not sure how good I was about dealing with the fussy kid before I intervened. On my end, I felt I was trying really hard to just grit my teeth and bear it and such but maybe I wasn't?

I might have been cringing, squirming uncomfortably, or making other displays of displeasure at the situation. And while I can't recall ever voicing a complaint about the behavior but I can't for sure say I didn't. I do feel that out of everyone there I was the one who was suffering the most so maybe that is how it was "all about me"? (In that, my efforts to stop the problem behavior were all about me when everyone else was fine with it. I don't know.)

I know I meant well and that I did the right thing but it wasn't my thing to do (and I definitely should not have asked her father to do it either because telling a parent how to parent their kids is just asking for a bucket of misery and drama.) In hindsight I should have asked her dad and gotten his permission to talk to/engage with his kid (and explained everything and my reasoning and such.) And even then that might have been a powder keg :shrug:

The general lesson seems to be that if they're not your kid stay out of it unless they're being abused.

Anyway, creepy follower guy needs to explain why he "can't" stop following people because that's some lovely behavior.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 23, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

You know it's a good Reddit post when the most sympathetic explanation is "your friend is a tormented ghost, chained to this world by his sins, compelled to reenact his terrible life"

My thought was "the Origami Killer is threatening to murder his son Shaun unless he completes trials to prove he is a good father, like for example The Trial Of The Huge loving Creep"

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!

RNG posted:

Soon to be UN-friend just posted a pic of her little gently caress trophy TOUCHING Monet's Water Lillies in Paris. No shame. Bragging about it in facebook to her friends. I am seething, and must control the murder rage.
Debating on commenting before I block her.
http://i.imgur.com/Ec9Y5V9.jpg
UPDATE! reported post to Facebook, reported pic to Musee Orangerie curator with contact information for "friend" and an apology from me, and commented on the post that it was pretty loving lame to brag about something like this on Facebook. Oooohhhhhh they hate me, and the pits of hell are burning bright with suburban hate for my comments in the ensuing Facebook imbroglio! Hahahahaha.

OK so sorry to run back to this childfree Monet thing but it's bothering me because absolutely nobody comes out of this well. The parents are smug philistines, the OP is a hysterical, self-important nonsense.

But to be honest, what's bothering me the most about this is that I had no idea how that painting has been framed. Talk about literally gilding the lily, gently caress.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

loquacius posted:

My thought was "the Origami Killer is threatening to murder his son Shaun unless he completes trials to prove he is a good father, like for example The Trial Of The Huge loving Creep"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAhG9D9UO7c

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I [30/F] am having a lot of issues with my roommates [28/M, 26/F] who don't contribute and call me "Mom."

quote:

We're three nerds who share a nice three bedroom house in suburbia which my roommate "Tina"s [26/F] father owns. We'll call my other roommate "Sam" [28/M]. I met them about three years ago through a mutual friend and I moved in with them about three months ago. We all work and pay our rent/bills fine, there's no issues there, but things have been getting progressively complicated.

Sam and Tina have a lot of animals and don't clean very much. Before I moved in and would come over to hang out, the litter boxes were pouring over with cat poo poo and the house smelled of ammonia. They blamed basically everything on their old roommate, who really was a terrible roommate, but it didn't help that they completely gave up on household chores. I knew the state of the house before moving in, but had hoped they'd be different after their old roommate moved out. I was wrong. Other than Sam doing the dishes every once in a while, I'm the only one who cleans. Tina will say, "Oh, I'll wash the towels!", "I'll do the dishes!", but days will go by without her doing much of anything. It's depressing for me, personally, to live in a dirty house so I've taken upon myself to keep things clean and organized. Because of this, they like to call me Mom in front of their friends whenever they come over as a dumb "inside joke", which is really, really irritating. I've asked them to stop, they haven't. I've asked them to do more around the house, they haven't. But, honestly, I wish this was the biggest problem I had with them.

Tina and I are both very artsy, creative, and love animals. Before I moved in we'd talk about doing hobbies and stuff together. Talking about ideas and interests gets us really excited. I always ask if she wants to go in on projects with me, or collaborate on something, and while she expresses lots of interest she really never commits. Right now it's chickens. We just split the cost of a coop, and picked it up yesterday, but I know that I'd be the only one taking care of the chickens once we get some. It sounds a little dumb, but it's just one example. I really want to be involved in fun hobbies with her, but they just seem to turn into an extra weight for me to carry.

Although we have a three bedroom house, Tina and Sam share a room together. They're best friends, sleep together in the same bed, and aren't a couple. They also don't have sex at all and Tina makes sure everyone knows they're just friends. Everyone (our circle of friends, Tina's family, and I) knows their situation and think its completely weird, but we accept it and understand it to a degree. Sam doesn't drive, so Tina brings him to and from work every day. They spend almost every minute together when they're not at work (Sam works in the day, Tina works at night). Sam babies her, is often loving to her, cooks her meals, and treats her as a boyfriend would without any reciprocation. Sam VERY OBVIOUSLY wants to have a real relationship with Tina, but she doesn't have those kinds of feelings for him, so she's locked him in the friend zone. Tina often walks around in her underwear in the house, which adds to a weird sexual tension between them. Several times I've knocked on their door, Tina says come in, and they're almost naked in bed together and he's giving her messages. They've been in this weird "relationship" since I've known them, but I didn't know the awkward depth of it until I moved in.

Sam knows he's being used as a kind of pseudo boyfriend but he perpetuates the situation by being "coupley" with her every day. He's expressed interest just recently about moving into the third bedroom and having his own space, but Tina is basically a hoarder. The entire third bedroom is her storage space. I've tried to organize it for her, to get her started on clearing some of the things out, but therein lies another problem. Tina wont do anything. She doesn't clean up after herself and doesn't put effort into anything. Her life consists of hanging out with friends, working, sleeping, and sitting on her phone. I offered to split the cost of a storage unit with her so she wouldn't have to deal with going through everything, but she hasn't been open to the idea at all.

This morning Tina brought Sam to work, I left to do some errands. Tina messaged me and asked if could not to come home for a few hours. I asked why. Tina said she wanted to bring a guy over. While I have absolutely no problem with that, she's asking me hide poo poo like that from Sam. This has been an ongoing thing for a while, she's been sleeping/dating people behind his back (even though they're just "friends"). Sam would obviously be very jealous and angry. I can't tell Sam, because although I care about him, I don't want to make drama and wouldn't want to betray Tina's trust. Tina often comes to me to talk about her issues with Sam, but any advice or help I try to give her seems pointless. Nothing changes.

Regardless of the issues I have with my friends, I really care about the both of them and don't want to upset either of them. We have fun, they're great to be around, and we often help eachother out with things/emotional issues. I've done so many things to try and improve our living situation in these few months, but I feel like a doormat, and I'm also afraid a shitstorm of drama is coming. I really don't want to have to move out. Any advice is appreciated.

TL;DR - My roommates are self-confessed adult children, have a messed up relationship, and I don't want to be their caretaker.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT posted:

OK so sorry to run back to this childfree Monet thing but it's bothering me because absolutely nobody comes out of this well. The parents are smug philistines, the OP is a hysterical, self-important nonsense.

But to be honest, what's bothering me the most about this is that I had no idea how that painting has been framed. Talk about literally gilding the lily, gently caress.
Yeah on reflection the frame is pretty gaudy for no reason.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
^what in the god drat hell

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT posted:

I actually didn't look at the pic the first time. It's still irresponsible but having held Wiggling Toddlers in the past, I wonder if the baby reaching out and touching it wasn't intentional. Like grandad or whatever wanted to take a pic of little gently caress Trophy (this term disgusts me) next to one of history's greatest artists lovely pieces and they just, reached out their hand to touch without being prompted.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I [30/F] am having a lot of issues with my roommates [28/M, 26/F] who don't contribute and call me "Mom."

:how: is all I can muster

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Soylent Grun posted:

How soon is too soon to make the move to close the distance? Or, how do I judge whether doing so is too hasty? 1727 MILES OR-MN

I cannot fathom the logic behind engaging in a 9 year long LDR. I was in a LDR for almost 1.5 years with my awesome girlfriend of over 2 years and I saw her about twice per month. It was still really goddamn tough and painful at times to be 220 miles away from her until we moved in together... and I'm blown away by some dude who proposes a LDR that loving long with nearly 2k miles between each other. The rest of the post is typical immature decision making, but man, that bit is totally insane and just unbelievable.

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!

^what in the god drat hell

I actually didn't look at the pic the first time. It's still irresponsible but having held Wiggling Toddlers in the past, I wonder if the baby reaching out and touching it wasn't intentional. Like grandad or whatever wanted to take a pic of little gently caress Trophy (this term disgusts me) next to one of history's greatest artists lovely pieces and they just, reached out their hand to touch without being prompted.

Yeah I agree with you in general, but OP's histrionics aside, it's a little difficult to figure a situation where you post that picture on Facebook without being comfortable with what happened.

Having held Wiggling Toddlers as well, I feel like I would prefer to err on the side of caution and say "no photo with the kid who doesn't really understand where they are" than risk something unfortunate happening. Probably this is a perfect storm of smug parents and childfree tantrum and I guess nobody comes out of it too well.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

loquacius posted:

Is it really that hard to say "what the gently caress do you mean you can't" and if he doesn't elaborate say "that's bullshit, stop doing it you loving idiot"

I would do this but be carrying a hammer as I said it to him.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I would do this but be carrying a hammer as I said it to him.

and swinging it around erratically a bit too

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
[25, F] My boyfriend [25, M] kicked me out of the car midway through a ride and made me walk home.

quote:

Ill try to be brief with all the relevant information. I've been dating James since last August. We have lived together since June of this year. We generally have a good relationship. I can be a lot to put up with because I'm pretty needy (but working on it) and he usually does a great job and has generally bent over backwards to make me happy over this time.

So last night around 6:30 or 7 we were coming home from getting groceries together. We had been arguing about stuff earlier and we're both kind of upset. I was driving us home and after more arguing he told me to stop the car and get out. I said no but then he yelled for me to pull over. So I did and he said to get out again. I told him no and he told me to either get out on my own or that he'd make me. I said it was dark and we're still miles from home so I can't just walk by the highway alone. He got up out of his seat and started walking around to mine, reached across me and took off my seat belt and told me to get out. He gave me his phone and told me I could call someone else but that I wasn't going to ride in his car and be a bitch to him. Then he got in my seat and drove off.

So I ended up walking home about 6 miles because I was too embarrassed to call anyone and have to explain what happened. I got home and went straight to bed. We haven't talked any since. I've been thinking now about what I'm going to do. Whether or not I'm going to leave him. I dont know if this is something to forgive and I'm overreacting to it or if this is a big deal and the first sign he's going to become abusive. I've been abused by prior boyfriends but he's never laid a finger on me. I want advice please. Do I need to leave now and cool off a while at my parents? Is this something we can talk through?

TL;DR:
• boyfriend and I got in an argument in the car.
• he made me get out of the car and walk home 6 miles
• I haven't talked to him since and don't know if I should try to or just leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I cannot fathom the logic behind engaging in a 9 year long LDR. I was in a LDR for almost 1.5 years with my awesome girlfriend of over 2 years and I saw her about twice per month. It was still really goddamn tough and painful at times to be 220 miles away from her until we moved in together... and I'm blown away by some dude who proposes a LDR that loving long with nearly 2k miles between each other. The rest of the post is typical immature decision making, but man, that bit is totally insane and just unbelievable.

I accidentally dated a girl who was in a weird LDR once. We went out to dinner a couple of times and after the second date we were making out at her place for a while when she suddenly stopped. She explained to me that she was cheating on her boyfriend, and I asked if it was anyone I knew as we had a decent amount of male friends in common and if it was someone I was friends with I would feel kinda bad. It was actually some dude from Ireland (we both live in the US) that she had never met in person before, but they had been "dating" for ~6 months. I told her do what she wants, and the next day she told me she wanted to make it work with him. They did that poo poo for 2 or 3 years while only seeing each other in person for probably 2 or 3 weeks out of the year. I talked to her room mate about how strange that seemed to me and her room mate informed me that at no point had either intended on moving to be geographically together.

And thats the story of how a woman told me I'm worse than an LDR with an internet person.