Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I will buy Zelda for both the Switch and the Wii U and play them both at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Gorgolflox posted:

I will buy Zelda for both the Switch and the Wii U and play them both at the same time

The secret 3 screen option

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Turns out the Switch is a secret amiibo for the WiiU.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Cojawfee posted:

Turns out the Switch is a secret amiibo for the WiiU.

It's about time they made an amiibo worth purchasing.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013

evilmiera posted:

To be entirely fair if Peach in the next Mario game just comes in with a huge rack and absolutely no one bats an eye in-game I would laugh my rear end off. Like she spent her entire kingdom's budget on plastic surgery instead of new palace guards so she doesn't keep getting kidnapped.

I always wondered why nobody in Hyrule Warriors commented on Cia's dress. Literally nobody in the series dresses as skimpy as her except for the great fairies in one game

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's a musou game, sooooooo who cares?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

MinibarMatchman posted:

when people said it was the best open world they've ever experienced I thought it was insanity. there was nothing to explore or discover beyond more high level enemies you couldn't kill until 30 hours later. The game seemed to be a test for how hard they could push the absolute lowest tier characters and story against a better Xenoblade combat system and guess what, turns out it sucks.

Like I said, I really liked XCX. I didn't care about the story, I was looking for a game where I could run around and collect things and bring them back to town to get rewards to help me collect other things, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had, like, 10-15 hour gaps between starting some of the chapters because I got so into loving around on Mira.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

greatn posted:

You can get good plastic surgery for affordable prices these days. Gimme your digits, I'll hook u up with a doctor I know.

The problem is the Mushroom Kingdom's economy is entirely inflated due to a massive amount of gold coins littering the streets. The alternative of two toads is probably the smarter choice. At least then they'd do something other than stand around being shocked at kidnappings.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

evilmiera posted:

The problem is the Mushroom Kingdom's economy is entirely inflated due to a massive amount of gold coins littering the streets. The alternative of two toads is probably the smarter choice. At least then they'd do something other than stand around being shocked at kidnappings.

First of all, Blue and Yellow toad have been active participants in the rescue of princess Peach for nearly a decade, and their service must be respected. Second of all, this doctor I know takes other forms of payment. Mushroom Kingdom is rich with pharmaceutical products, and doesn't currently export them, and the interests I represent would like to keep it that way.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

greatn posted:

First of all, Blue and Yellow toad have been active participants in the rescue of princess Peach for nearly a decade, and their service must be respected. Second of all, this doctor I know takes other forms of payment. Mushroom Kingdom is rich with pharmaceutical products, and doesn't currently export them, and the interests I represent would like to keep it that way.

Look all I'm saying is toads are extremely lazy by and large, but they're somehow employed in every job position in the kingdom. Am I wrong? I'm just stating uncomfortable truths here.

Also PLEASE, we all know the real money is in touchable fuzzies these days.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

evilmiera posted:

Look all I'm saying is toads are extremely lazy by and large

Racist!

Fungicist?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I've got my wii setup and I've got a new wiimote and nunchuck (with the motion plus). Now I'm wondering if it's worth buying old nintendo games on the virtual console as I don't know if I'll be able to transfer any of this stuff to the Switch.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

Cojawfee posted:

I've got my wii setup and I've got a new wiimote and nunchuck (with the motion plus). Now I'm wondering if it's worth buying old nintendo games on the virtual console as I don't know if I'll be able to transfer any of this stuff to the Switch.

Probably follow the WiiU format and let you do it for a buck or two to get the Switchified version of your VC game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Eh, worst case I still have the wii. Not like these games ran higher res than 480p anyway.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!
Also, the transfer process for your VC games will involve a USB stick, a SD card, a 5.25 floppy disk and you will have to unscrew the backplate. MAKE SURE TO PRACTICE SCREWING BEFOREHAND! Consult the 3DS thread for guidance.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Wiis are cool because you can play GameCube games on them and decent component cables for them are real cheap.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Wiis are cool because you can play GameCube games on them and decent component cables for them are real cheap.

They are? I thought someone said they were expensive. I of course had purchased the official component cables back in 2006. I lost my wavebird a long time ago. But I don't really have much in the way of gamecube games anyways. I guess my main worry is if this thing dies because it's a day 1 Wii. Though I never used it much anyway.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

They are? I thought someone said they were expensive. I of course had purchased the official component cables back in 2006. I lost my wavebird a long time ago. But I don't really have much in the way of gamecube games anyways. I guess my main worry is if this thing dies because it's a day 1 Wii. Though I never used it much anyway.

Gamecube component cables are the expensive ($300+) ones, Wii ones are cheap and plentiful.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Just a fact for you from the archives here at HQ, but Panasonic made a front-loading Gamecube that could play DVDs. You're free to look it up yourself. They're metallic chrome.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Reiley posted:

Just a fact for you from the archives here at HQ, but Panasonic made a front-loading Gamecube that could play DVDs. You're free to look it up yourself. They're metallic chrome.

it was called the q!

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

TheScott2K posted:

But the load times for those Gamecube games is about 2x worse. Compatibility does not mean same performance.

You'd be better off running Dolphin. Load times on many Gamecube games were already atrocious.

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 24, 2016

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

defaultluser posted:

You'd be better off running Dolphin.

okay, thank you.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

JustJeff88 posted:

Racist!

Fungicist?

Oh yeah? Name me one Toad that's actually worked a day in his life. And don't say Toad. Or Captain Toad. Some other Toad.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

defaultluser posted:

But the load times for those Gamecube games is about 2x worse. Compatibility does not mean same performance.

You'd be better off running Dolphin. Load times on many Gamecube games were already atrocious.

Maybe I should run an HDMI cable from my PC to my TV and use a switchbox to switch between it and my Raspberry Pi

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

evilmiera posted:

Oh yeah? Name me one Toad that's actually worked a day in his life. And don't say Toad. Or Captain Toad. Some other Toad.

Toadette and Tayce T basically do all of the work in the last two good mario games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

TheScott2K posted:

Maybe I should run an HDMI cable from my PC to my TV and use a switchbox to switch between it and my Raspberry Pi

lmao

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

zolthorg posted:

Toadette and Tayce T basically do all of the work in the last two good mario games

Those are both female Toads, proving my point retroactively or something.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Considering Peach mostly fafs about playing tennis and driving go karts or is kidnapped I think Toadsworth is probably the one who actually runs the Mushroom Kingdom. He's poo poo at the job, but still.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Lodin posted:

Considering Peach mostly fafs about playing tennis and driving go karts or is kidnapped I think Toadsworth is probably the one who actually runs the Mushroom Kingdom. He's poo poo at the job, but still.

My fantastic fungicism aside, who in the Kingdom's administration is actually competent? Off the top of my head I can't remember many instances where the Kingdom does anything but help the Princess and Mario enjoy the wages of royalty, so I guess it is some sort of Feudal situation and Toadsworth is the overworked counselor trying to get stuff done while having an entirely absent boss.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lodin posted:

That's all we see. We only see her story when it intersects with Mario's adventures or when she's playing a game or doing sports. For all we know, Peach spends 90% of her time running the kingdom.

Now I really want Princess Peach's SimKingdom

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's all we see. We only see her story when it intersects with Mario's adventures or when she's playing a game or doing sports. For all we know, Peach spends 90% of her time running the kingdom.

Now I really want Princess Peach's SimKingdom

Based on the fact that the one Princess Peach game that exists involves Peach using her emotions for attacks, I'm not sure I'd trust Nintendo to give us a game about the way Peach runs the kingdom.

They'd probably make it all about ruling despite being hampered by her womanly hormones or something.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ok, first, Princess Peach helped liberate the people of subcon, then she helped save the Sprixies. She saved Mario once using the power of her emotions, as well as helping to defeat Smithy.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Mario is a man of simple means, and he is one of the most risk-free and straightforward brothers of Smash. Peach, by contrast, is a complex and technical fighter who demands a level of mastery expected of royalty to fully embody. Her crown, an unassuming ornamental trapping, is in fact a weapon capable of delivering devastating blows. Do not underestimate the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

This song is about Peach and Mario

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCuMWrfXG4E

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Lodin posted:

Despite passing the bar he's a poo poo lawyer too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASFJ84tmf9k&t=332s

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

thexerox123 posted:

Based on the fact that the one Princess Peach game that exists involves Peach using her emotions for attacks, I'm not sure I'd trust Nintendo to give us a game about the way Peach runs the kingdom.

They'd probably make it all about ruling despite being hampered by her womanly hormones or something.

But in SMRPG, she fights by chucking explosives! She might very well rule by overwhelming force of arms.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

~Coxy posted:

Despite passing the bar he's a poo poo lawyer too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASFJ84tmf9k&t=332s

That judge was corrupt as hell. Toadsworth never stood a chance.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

That judge was corrupt as hell. Toadsworth never stood a chance.

That's a Kangaroo court if I ever saw one. Isle Delfino's laws seem to crack down hard on non-Delfinans who are just there to have a good time. Probably doesn't help that Peach and Toadsworth look rich, that judge was probably hankering for a bribe.

Speaking of, has there been a proper Kangaroo suit for Mario yet? There's the jumpy ones like the Boot and whatnot but I don't think he's outright turned into a 'Roo.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

John Lee posted:

But in SMRPG, she fights by chucking explosives! She might very well rule by overwhelming force of arms.

That was a Squaresoft game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Reiley posted:

Mario is a man of simple means, and he is one of the most risk-free and straightforward brothers of Smash. Peach, by contrast, is a complex and technical fighter who demands a level of mastery expected of royalty to fully embody. Her crown, an unassuming ornamental trapping, is in fact a weapon capable of delivering devastating blows. Do not underestimate the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Reiley, you seem like a friendly and entertaining person and I like your posts.

• Locked thread