Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Korranus posted:

As opposed to being stuck in a Group of 5 conference that will ultimately doom UH to mediocrity.

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
Why is everybody assuming that Allen will beat out Buechele for that job?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

punched my v-card at camp posted:

It'll just be nice to have a competition. Buechele threw for 3000 yards and 21 touchdowns as a true freshman, so I'm totally cool with him winning the job.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

punched my v-card at camp posted:

I'm hoping it's close and it fractures the locker room

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Groucho Marxist posted:

Wow Chip Brown posted a scoop that wasn't accurate??? :dogbutton:

It's like it's 2010 again!!!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Paul Johnson has lost a lot of weight

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Democratic Pirate posted:

I'm hoping it's close and it fractures the locker room

i hope they beat each other up and neither can play.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/mcmurphyespn/status/802573596526710785

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

So.. we're stuck with Ed Orgeron now, and I think it's a logical hire, even if it is a marriage of convenience. I don't think he'll have a long career at LSU, but I would welcome the opportunity to be pleasantly surprised.

So would I. I wanted Herman, but if he truly wanted to go to Texas, there's not much LSU could do. I'm going to hope like hell that O gets a great OC and keeps Aranda.

It does feel like LSU had their thumb up their rear end regarding this whole coaching change. I get why they did it, but I still have a feeling we will regret firing Miles. I miss my Miles avatar, but I probably need an Ovatar now.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Silly Burrito posted:

So would I. I wanted Herman, but if he truly wanted to go to Texas, there's not much LSU could do. I'm going to hope like hell that O gets a great OC and keeps Aranda.

It does feel like LSU had their thumb up their rear end regarding this whole coaching change. I get why they did it, but I still have a feeling we will regret firing Miles. I miss my Miles avatar, but I probably need an Ovatar now.

The last year of this makes Texas seem well run by comparison. Les was a dead man walking and it seems like their entire plan was pulling Jimbo away from FSU.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well, this is promising.

https://twitter.com/TigerDroppings/status/802577023315148801

https://twitter.com/TigerDroppings/status/802578778174160897

https://twitter.com/TigerDroppings/status/802579869825724416

And finally, this move is Stone Cold approved.

https://twitter.com/steveaustinBSR/status/802530014235336704

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Briles shouldve gone to Texas but he can go to Houston and Strong to Baylor

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

YAW YAW YWAW YAW YAAAAW YAHHH, YAW YAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW; FOOBALL

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for staying, Jimbo. :unsmith:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Off topic, but when Art Briles was a player at Houston, his parents died in a car crash on the way to one of his games. Bill Yeoman, his coach, found out before the game but waited until after the game to break the news to him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Raku posted:

YAW YAW YWAW YAW YAAAAW YAHHH, YAW YAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW; FOOBALL

Catchy beat, and I can dance to it. :dance:

One LSU coach eats grass, another rolls down the windows and hollers his favorite tunes. We do like the quirky ones.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
So there have been approximately 10,000 articles written on Saban's "process" and humorless and serious approach to program building. Is there similar overview's of Urban Meyer's "process" and coaching style?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

General Dog posted:

Off topic, but when Art Briles was a player at Houston, his parents died in a car crash on the way to one of his games. Bill Yeoman, his coach, found out before the game but waited until after the game to break the news to him.

Well it's not like skipping the game and having a cry was gonna bring em back!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Alleva is loving terrible. He had two coaches on his list, one already working at a top program, and the other the top candidate this offseason, and when neither panned out he went with the choice that would save money.

I'm still glad Miles is gone, it was certainly time, but to no great surprise, this was handled really badly. I guess the upside is that if O fails, and he probably will, he's going to take Alleva with him.

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why

General Dog posted:

Probably didn't want to ruin anybody's weekend.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Interesting that Kyle Allen is looking to transfer. Wouldn't be surprised if Tech puts out feelers to him too.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

kayakyakr posted:

Interesting that Kyle Allen is looking to transfer. Wouldn't be surprised if Tech puts out feelers to him too.

Is Kliff getting fired?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Just heard about Strong's firing and the Tom Herman hire from a friend. I'm happy about it, but I hope Daric's comments about Herman being a little slimy aren't true. Texas loves character guys, and if Herman's personality doesn't jive with that then his time at Texas is gonna be... interesting. And possibly short.

I also really hope Herman doesn't fire Sterlin Gilbert, even if they do have different offensive philosophies, as we're making some pretty great strides under Gilbert and should be better next year if he stays. The defense and special teams staff should go, but I want Gilbert to stick around.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Sab0921 posted:

So there have been approximately 10,000 articles written on Saban's "process" and humorless and serious approach to program building. Is there similar overview's of Urban Meyer's "process" and coaching style?

It's exactly the same to the point that he almost died from the stress. It's just that he's a genius with offense instead of defense.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Just heard about Strong's firing and the Tom Herman hire from a friend. I'm happy about it, but I hope Daric's comments about Herman being a little slimy aren't true. Texas loves character guys, and if Herman's personality doesn't jive with that then his time at Texas is gonna be... interesting.

Known slimy assholes:

Saban
Meyer
Petrino

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Just heard about Strong's firing and the Tom Herman hire from a friend. I'm happy about it, but I hope Daric's comments about Herman being a little slimy aren't true. Texas loves character guys, and if Herman's personality doesn't jive with that then his time at Texas is gonna be... interesting. And possibly short.

I also really hope Herman doesn't fire Sterlin Gilbert, even if they do have different offensive philosophies, as we're making some pretty great strides under Gilbert and should be better next year if he stays. The defense and special teams staff should go, but I want Gilbert to stick around.

yall scored 9 against a bad tcu team at home

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Yeah purge all the coaches. Hire a known good DC, let Herman run his offense, profit.

Strong stocked us up with a poo poo ton of good young talent. The team this year was like 70 percent freshman and sophomores.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Allen probably not transferring. Also, told y'all this dude just lies when it's not necessary. Just tell the kids you're talking to some other schools but if it's not a great opportunity you're gonna stay at Houston.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Who says "right at their eyes"? That's not a thing

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

There are tweets like that every single year when coaches leave for bigger jobs. Not really a big deal man, it's the nature of college football.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I understand that, but if it's Kyle Allen coming of and saying the coach lied to them then he's probably not gonna turn around and follow that coach to another school

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Kyle Allen sucks, Buchelle is the truth. Who gives a poo poo what he thinks.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Hey guy, its official

http://texassports.com/news/2016/11/26/football-story.aspx

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Didn't Sumlin do the same poo poo to UH? Sounds like tradition to me

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

yall scored 9 against a bad tcu team at home

yeah im not gonna be upset if gilbert stays but im also not really gonna mind if hes replaced

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how many quarters to herman get before the knives come out for him

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

how many quarters to herman get before the knives come out for him

If we get blown out by OU. So that's like 24 quarters.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Tom Herman likes kissing his players and his favorite musical artist is Michael Jackson

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Tom Herman likes kissing his players and his favorite musical artist is Michael Jackson

As long as it's consensual and the players are of age, have at it Thomas.

Michael Jackson is GOAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

As long as it's consensual and the players are of age, have at it Thomas.

Michael Jackson is GOAT.

• Locked thread