Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Tom Gorman posted:

STUFF. Gotta get the stuff. It's free. Gotta get that free stuff. gently caress you if you want to take my free stuff from me.

Yeah I don't know how to use it, whatever. It's mine.

"what's that mom died? Better punch my brother out before he finds moms curlers."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

When did this start being the new way to refer to video games? I hate it.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

WampaLord posted:

It's the easy way to get it across ironically that while you play vidja. You aren't a turbo nerd who identifies as a gamer.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

WampaLord posted:

Bideo James.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

What is it about people dying that just turn people into dicks?

When my grandpa passed. He had these 2 old rear end hunting guns no one wanted. One was a rifle and the other was an ancient shotgun that weren't taken care of AT ALL and were more or less left to dry rot in the garage. He offered these to EVERYONE multiple times before he passed offering them as heirlooms. Collectibles or poo poo, Hey get this professionally cleaned and maybe redo the stock and you got a working gun.

EVERYONE turned him down. Old man dies? Fist fight after the funeral about who was taking the guns. loving people.
lol this made me really want more stories of this nature and well, I found some. More incoming, but sneak preview:

My aunt who has cancer asked me to marry her so that she can leave me her wealth avoiding estate taxes. In TX

quote:

My aunt (my father's brother's widow; not related by blood) is in her late 50's, with millions of dollars. I am in my 20's. She has cancer and says it doesn't look good. She has one child, my cousin, who came out as trans. My aunt pretends to be OK with it but actually thinks that my cousin is disgusting and wants to make sure before she dies that they will never inherit a cent. She would like me to have the money instead, out of spite, basically. She is also anti-taxation and wants me to marry her so that she can leave her money to me without going through the estate tax. Does this work from a tax perspective? How likely is it that such an inheritance would be challenged, and could the challenge be effective? Would it make a difference if the marriage was an unconsummated sham marriage? Would I ever have to prove that I lived with her or had sex with her?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Doesn't seem quite that bad, see actually seemed to be ok with giving videogames a shot but he blew it by being a dumb salty baby.

Tom Gorman posted:

In my opinion as an old dude, video games are a goddamn menace to relationships. I'll just say that. If she seems like she doesn't care that you're playing Dark Souls for 6 hours, she really does but isn't at the point where it has become frustrating yet. Or maybe she doesn't give a poo poo, in which case, good on you. But be sure before you assume that. Sometimes a game can be the thing that couples can do together and enjoy their free time. But most commonly, it isn't. Spending time together is important, and 6 hours is a hell of a long stretch of time to spend in a computer cave if you have a job and a relationship.

A lot of guys just want to sit around in their boxers and play Dark Souls or Call of Duty for 8 hours. Some women want to do that, sure, but it's way, waaay less. Evidence is the number of complaints from these kinds of posts that revolve around "He doesn't pay any attention to me, just wants to play colladoody".

Tom Gorman posted:

I think the older we get the easier it is to figure this stuff out among ourselves. A 23 year old man and a 23 year old woman would have major issues if one person spent half the day playing games. With an older couple who has been together a while, everything is settled into a comfort zone and if something is wrong it's worth talking about.
I think it depends on how a couple spends their time together and whether or not they can actually talk to each other about things openly and honestly and deal with problems in a compromising or otherwise sensible way that doesn't have people feeling like they're getting treated unfairly; I tend to play games late into the night at what should be unsociable hours because I play with people in other time zones but that isn't really something that works when the girlfriend is here because it desyncs our sleeping schedule in a lovely way and risks waking her up, but spending a few hours at a time playing stuff during the day is fine because she's happy to catch up with friends on facebook or watch stuff that we don't have a shared interest in until one of us wants to get back to spending proper time together.

Things are pretty great because we talk to eachother about what we want or don't want and generally try to act in the interests of the other even when it comes to things that are mostly just about selfish enjoyment, and a lot of the time when reading these stories it seems like, even among those who have kids together, they're just people who have shacked up with people they are attracted to and enjoy spending time with but who they can't talk to about any of the things that are making them unhappy/miserable and are sort of just holding out in the hopes that whatever lovely behaviour their S.O. has will end.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Uncle Enzo posted:

Yeah I feel for the family, OP could have at least put word out that if you wanted something, you could make an offer. The OP wouldn't have had to take it. If my wife and I wanted a piece of furniture badly enough to offer "a few hundred bucks" for it, that means that we want that furniture really loving bad, since we are poor and that is a lot of money to us. If a few hundred dollars was 1/4 the selling price, that means the item or 2 they wanted was maybe $1200 to 2k, depending on specifics. That's not a life-changing difference in the dollar amount of her inheritance. These people found out who got it, traveled to her to speak in person, and were willing to pay at least a substantial fraction of the value, for one or two things they felt some attachment to. That's not acting entitled in my opinion. They were trying to buy an heirloom, for at least a substantial fraction of market value, from the person it got left to.

My granddad passed last year and I really really treasured the chance to get a few of his tools, since those were so integral to who he was, and I used to spend hours in his workshop. There was one exact screwdriver in particular I wanted, and if one of my cousins had gotten it, I was prepared to try and buy it from them. If they'd sold it before I'd had a chance to talk to them I would've been extremely upset.

On the other hand, it's stuff. The cousin and aunt also waited months to contact her.

If your cousin knew you wanted that screwdriver and sold it? Yeah, I'd agree, that would be kind of dickish.

If you never told your cousin you wanted it, waited months afterwards, and found out he sold it...you probably shouldn't explode a huge family drama bomb over it.

Also, can you imagine the poo poo storm if she started selling it bits and pieces to her own family? The horrific battles that would take place between people bidding on different things they had to have, goddamn it, and if you sell it to that BITCH Aunt Carol I'm never inviting you to Thanksgiving again! And God forbid she try to charge market value, because we're family, and who tries to make a greasy buck by ripping off their own family? Not to mention I remember grandma specifically said that she wanted me to have the armoire, she just forgot to put in our will. Do you think grandma would want you to blackmail family over a few sticks of old furniture?!

Dead people's stuff makes people loving crazy.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

My grandfather died a few days ago , my cousin isn't going to bother with the funeral and demands the majority of his leavings because she's pregnant.

quote:

After suffering a long battle with cancer, my grandfather died a few days ago. My family are planning the funeral. I'm pretty much broken over this, my grandfather was there for me when my parents divorced, at one point I loved him more than my own father.

Today we were talking about inheritance, his money was split and each of his grandchildren were getting $1500 each. To be honest I wasn't bothered about the money, I'd pay a million bucks to have my grandfather back if I could. My cousin comes walking in (she's 8 months pregnant) she sits down and said "What am I getting?" My mom told her, and my cousin freaked saying that she feels she is "entitled" to more because she's carrying on the family blood line. She's not even attending his funeral (apparently she is too tired), and never visited him in the hospice even though she lived closest to him.

You know what? I slapped her. My mom yelled at me saying I shouldn't hit a pregnant woman. My cousin started crying. Everyone was acting like I'd just kicked her in the stomach, but I hadn't, I just slapped her in the face (not even that hard) because our grandfather has died, and all she cares about is the loving money. Who cares if you're a self entitled bitch as long as you've got babies.

Edit: Thank you for your kind words everyone. I regretted the slap a few minutes after it happened, but at the time I simply couldn't stop myself. I'm not going to apologise though, the way she was acting was horrible. She didn't fall over or anything after I slapped her, and nothing happened to the baby. If things ended differently and something happened to the baby I'd never be able to forgive myself. I don't like my cousin but I wouldn't wish that on her.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

What is it about people dying that just turn people into dicks?

When my grandpa passed. He had these 2 old rear end hunting guns no one wanted. One was a rifle and the other was an ancient shotgun that weren't taken care of AT ALL and were more or less left to dry rot in the garage. He offered these to EVERYONE multiple times before he passed offering them as heirlooms. Collectibles or poo poo, Hey get this professionally cleaned and maybe redo the stock and you got a working gun.

EVERYONE turned him down. Old man dies? Fist fight after the funeral about who was taking the guns. loving people.

I still recall the moment at my grandmother's wake where I overheard two of my aunts arguing about Grandma's jewelry -- specifically, whether the pieces she was wearing in the coffin should be taken off and claimed before she was interred. Thankfully, the "what the gently caress, Becky, I know she wasn't your mom but don't be a loving ghoul" side won, because Jesus Christ

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Time to get freaky

have sex with the aunt

take the millions

share with the trans peep and live a life of hedonistic semi incestuous heaven.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

WampaLord posted:

Its from the KotH where bobby kicks everyone in the nuts and he kicks Hank in the nuts and as punishment he isnt allowed to play video games anymore, but Bobby realizes that there is nothing Hank can do to stop him because he is so hurt from getting kicked in the balls that he can't chase Bobby down. Hank calls it a "vidja game"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Antivehicular posted:

I still recall the moment at my grandmother's wake where I overheard two of my aunts arguing about Grandma's jewelry -- specifically, whether the pieces she was wearing in the coffin should be taken off and claimed before she was interred. Thankfully, the "what the gently caress, Becky, I know she wasn't your mom but don't be a loving ghoul" side won, because Jesus Christ

In my family, Becky won.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I wouldn't smack a pregnant lady. I'm kind of like the hulk right now when it comes to bouts of unpredictable anger, I'd've probably clobbered them. Then again I wouldn't demand more than what was given like a total screaming idiot

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Yossarian posted:

It's odd to me, a person who plays games basically 24/7 why you would try so hard to get someone to play with you. Like, my girlfriend doesn't really play games at all but she doesn't care if I play dark souls for like 6 hours. Is it called "being an adult"?

Is communicating with your s/o really THAT hard?

I can understand wanting to share your interests with your SO, but let them play in their own way. Yeesh.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

It's the easy way to get it across ironically that while you play vidja. You aren't a turbo nerd who identifies as a gamer.

it doesn't work very well then

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think its cool and good that girl got a new car and paid off her student loans with the money she got from dead granny. I would have done the same thing. Aunt and Cousin can get bent imo.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Time to get freaky

have sex with the aunt

take the millions

share with the trans peep and live a life of hedonistic semi incestuous heaven.

:vince:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol this made me really want more stories of this nature and well, I found some. More incoming, but sneak preview:

My aunt who has cancer asked me to marry her so that she can leave me her wealth avoiding estate taxes. In TX

estate taxes don't kick in until your inheritance is valued at $5 million dollars or so, so this is absolutely worth it

also it is insanely stereotypical that an old, wealthy woman in Texas is anti-tax, anti-trans, and insanely spiteful with her millions of dollars lol

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

bone app the teeth posted:

My (24f) fiancé (29m) just accepted a plea deal and has to register as a sex offender. I'm a teacher.

Is there more from this poster? What the gently caress did her fiance allegedly do that lead to him taking this please deal? This is important information.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

i would marry that aunt and after she died give like half of it to trans cousin and then we'd both be relatively rich instead of one of us being wealthy

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fullhouse posted:

estate taxes don't kick in until your inheritance is valued at $5 million dollars or so, so this is absolutely worth it

also it is insanely stereotypical that an old, wealthy woman in Texas is anti-tax, anti-trans, and insanely spiteful with her millions of dollars lol

Dude should do it then give half the money to the trans kid.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you can't marry an aunt, it's a crime

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

WampaLord posted:

About the same time video games became a thing and old-rear end country codgers talked about them. So, quite a long time. 40 years? When was the first Atari home system? There were arcades before that in the 70, anyway, right? My gramps legit said "vidja games" "warsh" "dubya" etc.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Jenner posted:

Is there more from this poster? What the gently caress did her fiance allegedly do that lead to him taking this please deal? This is important information.

All the person posted was a couple of OPs that were light on actual info.

Presumably she's not telling people what he did because she wants help salvaging her life while staying with the guy and telling them that he touched a kid or whatever is going to result in 100% of the replies being "leave that lovely human being and get on with your life".

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sorry, you're gonna have to gently caress grandma or it's tax fraud.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

My homophobic Aunt disowned her gay son. Now she is sick and offered to leave my cousin an inheritance if he signs a document stipulating that he will burn in hell for homosexuality. Is this enforceable and could he inherit the money if he does not sign it? In PA

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I wish he had just written "is the court going to send my gay cousin to hell?"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I wish he had just written "is the court going to send my gay cousin to hell?"

I'm pretty sure this was a case on Judge Judy.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

My homophobic Aunt disowned her gay son. Now she is sick and offered to leave my cousin an inheritance if he signs a document stipulating that he will burn in hell for homosexuality. Is this enforceable and could he inherit the money if he does not sign it? In PA

Not only would I sign that document but I would tell her, "I'll see you there."

lohli posted:

All the person posted was a couple of OPs that were light on actual info.

Presumably she's not telling people what he did because she wants help salvaging her life while staying with the guy and telling them that he touched a kid or whatever is going to result in 100% of the replies being "leave that lovely human being and get on with your life".

Ugh, no.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Looks like I found a loophole for all this christianity nonsense.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

lol this made me really want more stories of this nature...
My father in law died flat broke. He was living with his sister driving a van his buddy paid for. The wife and I buried him with zero money or emotional support from his family. Two things from this poo poo show:
1. Knowing her dad, she called his perfered pawn shop and told them the situation. All they would do is confirm he had two items in pawn and what day they would come out. They were super nice and held on to the items so she could come and see what they were. It was two guns, his everyday carry piece and a .25 that belonged to his father. She paid off the pawn and accepted this was all she would have of her father's stuff.

Two months later at another funeral my wife's great uncle cornered her and starting asking about "his brother's pistol that went missing". He told her that it belonged to him that if she found it she should give it to him. A gun that never belonged to him, was passed from father to son, and it was his.

My wife asked my opinion and I said it wasn't my call because it didn't belong to me. My only condition was he paid what it cost us to get it out of pawn. She decided he could go eat a bag of poo poo. Probably for the best he died a year later and gun would of been sold off or out right stolen.

2. The other funny thing was he left a bunch of power/hand tools over at a friend's basement . The friend asked if we could come get his stuff. He showed us where everything was and stated everything else was his. So we loaded up the truck and asked him to come check and made sure we had everything.

Dude came out and freaked, said most of the stuff in the truck was his. He started pulling stuff out, everything and I do mean everything was labeled with my FILs initials. I started to get pissed and started asking asking questions like "So does this sledgehammer labeled GH belong to you too?" He said yes and took it. Fucker was stealing from his dead friend's daughter right in her face.

My wife had enough and told him to take whatever he wanted. He took most of it including things we knew wasn't his.

He didn't need this stuff, most of it was banged up power/hand tools and his house was probably worth a about 350k or more.

Free poo poo really scrambles people's minds.

Oh hey that's not very funny is it?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pvt.Scott posted:

About the same time video games became a thing and old-rear end country codgers talked about them. So, quite a long time. 40 years? When was the first Atari home system? There were arcades before that in the 70, anyway, right? My gramps legit said "vidja games" "warsh" "dubya" etc.

Yea but it's seen a recent surge of use from younger people. These are people who know that it's called "video games" yet they type out the dumb thing instead.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Yea but it's seen a recent surge of use from younger people. These are people who know that it's called "video games" yet they type out the dumb thing instead.

the only difference between young people and old people is age

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

my favorite lovely way to type it out is 'viddy games'.

Have a lighthearted non romantic problem.

quote:

Me [24F] with my new manager [28F] of 3 months, she repeatedly misspells a phrase in her emails. Do I (gently) correct her?

I started working in the marketing department at a medium-sized medical device company ~3 months ago. Because I am participating in a leadership program, I spend a lot of 1:1 time with my manager "Rebecca" who is a fantastic leader, highly respected, and very thorough in her work and instruction.

Rebecca has mentioned that she minored in Professional Writing in college, so she is a self-proclaimed stickler for grammar and formatting.

Today I received an email from her that included explanation for why she's been "purposely airing on the side of caution."

The correct word is "erring." This is the second time she has misspelled this phrase that I've seen. I don't want to embarrass her by gently correcting her (especially since I started so recently), but I'd want to know if I was spelling a commonly used phrase wrong. What would you do?

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

Malkof posted:

Free poo poo really scrambles people's minds.

My dad passed last August- he was huge into fly fishing and fly tying and had two room's worth of fly tying stuff.

Two of his dearest fly fishing buddies- Joe and Connor, didn't really like each other, and each specifically dragged my grieving mother into how much of my dad's stuff she had "allowed" the other to take.

Swear to god I have never been so goddamned mad in my entire life as when she told me that Connor came into the house and bitched at my grieving widowed mother that she shouldn't have allowed Joe to take whatever the balls it was that he took (we're talking maybe a couple drawers worth of feathers and hooks here, not like fuckin cut diamonds or some poo poo). Wanted to jump in the car and make a 5+ hour drive so bad just to drag Connor's rear end out of his bed in the middle of the night and fight the gently caress out of him on his lawn for that poo poo.

Also I have zero goddamned sympathy for anyone wanting grandma's furniture that she left to grandkid. My mother has taken care of my grandma's furniture her entire life because my mom's sister and brother "cannot stand the though of selling mom's furniture" and yet have zero interest in keeping it in their own homes.

If mom dies without having gotten rid of it I'll have a bonfire in her front yard in her honor.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I work at a casino and we give out free gifts for promotions and they're always real lovely and cheap and people lose their goddamn minds if they didn't get the promotion or god forbid we run out

I had an old lady throw a fuckin tantrum and rip up all her coupons one by one and throw them in my face because we ran out of lovely bracelets that were worth maybe $8

people go insane when faced with free things

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Troposphere posted:

I work at a casino and we give out free gifts for promotions and they're always real lovely and cheap and people lose their goddamn minds if they didn't get the promotion or god forbid we run out

I had an old lady throw a fuckin tantrum and rip up all her coupons one by one and throw them in my face because we ran out of lovely bracelets that were worth maybe $8

people go insane when faced with free things

I'm guessing the old lady had already gambled away like, a grand by that point without even noticing.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Me [32F] with my husband[33M] 12 years, he got caught lying

quote:

My husband is addicted to porn (please no defenses against porn, as this isn't really what this is about), and has been since I met him. I told him when we were 21 that I didn't want him looking at porn anymore, and he agreed. 2 weeks later I found it on his computer during a party at his fraternity house. I would have left then, but I was drunk and didn't want to drive home. We had angry sex the next morning, during which I conceived a baby. We got married a few months later, during which time he swore he would never look at porn again.
I almost left him twice during our first two years of marriage after discovering (not through him confessing) that he was looking at porn again. It was all "trickle truth" from him at that time, and I stupidly believed him. We went to counseling, and I thought the issue was resolved.
3 days ago I asked him if he had looked at porn at all over the last several years, and he flatly denied it. Throughout the last two days, more and more information is coming out, and it's still trickling, slowly but surely, as I scream and swear at him. To be clear, it's not the porn I'm upset about, it's the years of lying on his part. Literally years. I've asked him several times over the years if he'd been looking at porn, and he would flatly deny it.
I have a lot of reasons to stay with him, but I don't really know if I want to anymore. I know we should start counseling, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.
He's been, what I thought, a model husband and father, until I found out in spurts about his lies over the past few days.
tl;dr: My husband lied to me for our entire marriage over something important to me. Not sure how to proceed from here?

Hard to get a read on this with only one side of the story. Either he really does have a serious porn addiction that he needs to deal with and lying about it is pretty bad, or he has a "porn addiction" and he lied about it to avoid getting screamed at by his harpy wife.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

getting married because you conceived from angry sex is probably not a good thing to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Skratte posted:

my favorite lovely way to type it out is 'viddy games'.

Have a lighthearted non romantic problem.

When it comes to butts it's best to air on the side of caution