Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
They stealth nerfed morgana ult, I didn't even notice before but confirmed it this game. Hit an invis guy with q and ran up to ult them but it didn't let me, previously the button would light up and you could ult people in range whether or not they were stealthed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

Her ult has a 70% AP ratio and her W has a 110% AP ratio if you hit them with the whole thing. She shits out damage on one target if you play her right.

I mean, don't get me wrong, she's not a "high damage mid", she's not xerath or a fed Fizz or Ahri or something, but she can do a lot of damage to a single target in the right circumstances.

45% cdr versus 40% means a .55s lower CD on Q, .5s on throwing dirt, .75s on black shields matter, and 5s on ultimate. its pretty good to maximize utility when you're playing a utility champion

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Auto-fill gave me support the other day so I picked Thresh. After the game my ADC who is normally gold (we're in silver IV) sent me a friend request and we queued a bunch of games together. Support is fun if you are coordinating with your ADC or if your ADC is just good in general compared to the rest of the players in the game. Mechanically I feel it's similar to playing mid in some respects, but then again I'm not good at League of Legends.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

drat this pre-season is the worst. Most of my games have begging and arguing in champ select over people not getting their roles . Often times it leads to stupid poo poo like teamates banning each other's picks out of spite and troll picking their roles. This is ranked, I can't imagine what normals must be like.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Just had a really fun and really dumb game.

Top: Morg (me) vs Ryze
Jug: Graves vs Lee
Mid: Xerath vs Lux
Bot: Luci/VelKoz vs Cait/Janna

no frontline no fucks, just a wall of poo poo flying at each other. I beat Ryze in lane and crippled his cs a bit, lux got an early lead in mid, bot went p even, mid game lux dominated p hard cause if she hit q on basically anyone on our team she'd just ult and kill them but we fought back a little with my q's + vel and xerath volleying poo poo. We also kill jungle objectives faster so we're getting down in kills/losing a few turrets but getting dragons and slowly getting beefier. Eventually xerath gets kind of fed and we start getting control of the aram, our whole team is buying zhonyas so they can hit it if they get clipped by cc, death timers are getting longer and longer and eventually I get two picks in a row with binding and we win.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

LegalPad posted:

drat this pre-season is the worst. Most of my games have begging and arguing in champ select over people not getting their roles . Often times it leads to stupid poo poo like teamates banning each other's picks out of spite and troll picking their roles. This is ranked, I can't imagine what normals must be like.

Legit haven't seen that and it's weird because I normally play supp but have been queuing up as mid/top for some solo lane practice, it's happened once or twice that the supp got autofilled and I'll just offer to trade but I wouldn't call it common.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

people usually just dodge when they get autofilled which im fine with since the queue times are much shorter as well. the amount of dcs/rage afks ive had recently are a lot more concerning to me but its preseason so whatever.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Funny so far I haven't gotten autofilled once and if someone gets autofilled they normally ask once but not many people swap to supp. Haven't seen anyone rage in champ select but I am sure its bound to happen knowing how toxic the community can be at times. I legit don't get why Riot perma enabled autofill. I think most people didn't mind waiting if they got their role. The problem was mainly in high elo where queues took forever and sometimes challenger players would be matched with low diamonds and the challenger player would get autofilled.

Well I was in promos today for most of my games since i redid promos twice. Do they still have autofill disabled for promos? Like u get the roles u selected?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Neurolimal posted:

If you look at the youtubers that make Dope Play Videos they almost always have a friend or partnef playing support so they can be assured they get rescued from risky plays

Leahbee was pretty much crucial to Videogamedunkey's league vids, he was a good player but having a support NSYNC with him made him godly

basically what im saying is, dont solo queue, duo with a support friend/find a buddy that doesnt squander supports and crush all the players without dedicated supports enabling their dives

I dont think leah played ranked with dunkey, his videos are from 5 man normals. Dude just played a poo poo tonne of league to the point he had a meltdown and took the highlights.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Ulio posted:

Funny so far I haven't gotten autofilled once and if someone gets autofilled they normally ask once but not many people swap to supp. Haven't seen anyone rage in champ select but I am sure its bound to happen knowing how toxic the community can be at times. I legit don't get why Riot perma enabled autofill. I think most people didn't mind waiting if they got their role. The problem was mainly in high elo where queues took forever and sometimes challenger players would be matched with low diamonds and the challenger player would get autofilled.

Well I was in promos today for most of my games since i redid promos twice. Do they still have autofill disabled for promos? Like u get the roles u selected?
Even during preseason, there weren't as many autofills when it was just flex queue. It's the split queues that reduce the number of people playing on a specific ladder that makes autofill more common.

I hope they acknowledge that it was a mistake to split it, and go back to either only solo queue or only flex queue.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
What's interesting is that multiple times, I've seen people gotten autofilled supports when I'm jungle queueing jungle/support. So there's some sort of mechanism that prevents support-secondary players from supporting more than, say, 70% of the time, even if it means drafting some toplaner to play it instead some games.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

underage at the vape shop posted:

I dont think leah played ranked with dunkey, his videos are from 5 man normals. Dude just played a poo poo tonne of league to the point he had a meltdown and took the highlights.

I played against dunkey a few times around when illaoi was new. I dumpstered him repeatedly and poo poo talked him hoping to be highlighted.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Sexpansion posted:

Amumu, Vi, Warwick. Rammus, Skarner are all really good right now in lower elo.

Vi has the highest winrate of all junglers in plat+ too now, depending on how the colossus nerf impacts that she may well eat a nerf after as well, but thats atleast 2 patches away.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

I ruined my smurf, it was meant to be silver

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

How Rude posted:

Usually I take 15% scaling CDR blues, and then Morello + Zhonya's hourglass to hit 45% cdr.

15 + 20 + 10 + 5...

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Taciturn Tactician posted:

15 + 20 + 10 + 5...

What's the 5?

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

flyingkiwi posted:

What's the 5?

Doesn't the "allows 45% CDR" mastery itself give you 5%?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fridurmus posted:

Doesn't the "allows 45% CDR" mastery itself give you 5%?

Yes.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Ahh. I don't know that, because I just run damage on everything.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

underage at the vape shop posted:

That doesn't really change what I said. Duoing is and will probably always be insanely busted with a support + bruiser/mid/initiator combo.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

flyingkiwi posted:

I ruined my smurf, it was meant to be silver

Why is that nasus running atkspeed runes?

kingcobweb posted:

Even during preseason, there weren't as many autofills when it was just flex queue. It's the split queues that reduce the number of people playing on a specific ladder that makes autofill more common.

I hope they acknowledge that it was a mistake to split it, and go back to either only solo queue or only flex queue.

Ya or they could just make it like in season 5 and every season before that where you have solo/duo + ranked5s. Who the hell wants to be the odd man out in a flex queue it is just retarded.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
man, if you give ivern some attack speed, he goes through towers like crazy. I mean, it's a terrible idea but it's funny.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ulio posted:

Ya or they could just make it like in season 5 and every season before that where you have solo/duo + ranked5s. Who the hell wants to be the odd man out in a flex queue it is just retarded.

Real talk, after a few games of solo queue I'm considering doing my solo play in dynamic. Solo queue has a lot of insufferable people and I'd rather have some four stack meming at each other and not telling me their plays than a bunch of people on my team yelling at each other for feeding.

I think probably they'll just eventually commit to that "four stacks gently caress off to normals" thing and that'll be that. Easier to shuffle duos and trios together with some solos as glue than to try and convince solos to be the almost literal fifth wheel.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 30, 2016

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

man, if you give ivern some attack speed, he goes through towers like crazy. I mean, it's a terrible idea but it's funny.

Even outside of dumb gimmick builds he's one of the best tower-taking junglers after a gank, since daisy can attack towers and she can tank them practically indefinitely with her massive amount of HP plus your E. If she gets low on health, just move her out of tower range and then back in. Fantastic for preserving minion waves to take multiple objectives after fights.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wait a minute this isn't what's supposed to happen when an ultimate skin is released

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

prediction in the next patch notes: fixed a bug where elementalist lux dealt 20% more damage

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

Wait a minute this isn't what's supposed to happen when an ultimate skin is released

its only 1% though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Radical posted:

prediction in the next patch notes: fixed a bug where elementalist lux dealt 20% more damage

"We understand that our players want more options and we feel that the game has become more static. As such we've decided to introduce our new feature: Skin Specific Bonus Passives. Every skin in the game will now have a unique 'sidegrade' that gives the characters a small boost in unique and distinctive ways. We don't believe this is pay to win as these alternate skins represent only VARIATIONS on characters instead of STRAIGHT boosts. The recent example is Elementalist Lux, who does increased damage to enemies who are 'opposed' to her current element. "

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
That wuld be cancerous, but I'd be 100% cool with neat little effects that only activate in unranked, like the Kha'Zix vs. Rengar duel (how's that work with the new Rengar system, by the way?)

Like, I don't know I'm bad with easter eggs, if Jihn somehow kills Taliyah with his ult mid-ult then she moves slower in traps or cant use her passive around him.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 30, 2016

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Teikanmi posted:

Now that's what I call a good graph

Orv
May 4, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

That wuld be cancerous, but I'd be 100% cool with neat little effects that only activate in unranked, like the Kha'Zix vs. Rengar duel (how's that work with the new Rengar system, by the way?)

Like, I don't know I'm bad with easter eggs, if Jihn somehow kills Taliyah with his ult mid-ult then she moves slower in traps or cant use her passive around him.

Rengar needs all 5 unique kills and Kha works the same. If Rengar wins it's a sixth unique kill.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Orv posted:

Rengar needs all 5 unique kills and Kha works the same. If Rengar wins it's a sixth unique kill.

Seems like Rengar gets a little hosed there in terms of who gets the bigger advantage.

Edit: Oh wait, I looked it up, that's actually more significant a boost for 6th kill than I thought.

Orv
May 4, 2011
He kind of always has though. 20 stacks was nice but it wasn't as good as a fourth evo point.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Work Friend Keven posted:

Now that's what I call a good graph

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Orv posted:

Just looked up how much and :stare: 12% bonus AD for taking Kha's head.

I guess it makes sense to be that good, now that Kha's fourth evo point can be a significant damage boost instead of slightly more escape power.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah, it lets him keep Rengaring people in late game, it was pretty nasty in the one game I actually had it happen in so far.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Taciturn Tactician posted:

15 + 20 + 10 + 5...

yes, you waste 5% of CDR in gold but it doesn't matter, Zhonya's is worth it alone for the active. I suppose you could take 10% scaling CDR + flat MR or +AP as well if you are that obsessed about it but I prefer getting the extra few points of CDR midgame that get wasted on a full build but means you have more CDR earlier

this is why if you go RoA you can skip the Morello in favor of 30% cdr from Zhonya's Abyssal Protobelt.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Orv posted:

Yeah, it lets him keep Rengaring people in late game, it was pretty nasty in the one game I actually had it happen in so far.

I just perma ban rengar right now in ranked. Rengar/Yasuo/Vayne is cancer. Also special mentions to Twitch/Poppy/Vi. Don't even know why the fk people spam Yasuo top even though he had no changes. He is super annoying.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
idiots will continue to spam Yasuo top as long as he exists and hasn't had his numbers dumpstered

I think windwall should be reworked so that it is not unnecessarily blocking valid moves mindlessly. poo poo like making Nami ultimate disappear just by clipping the side of the hitbox and it still just sits there mocking you and your efforts. gently caress yasuo and gently caress windwall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ulio posted:

I just perma ban rengar right now in ranked. Rengar/Yasuo/Vayne is cancer. Also special mentions to Twitch/Poppy/Vi. Don't even know why the fk people spam Yasuo top even though he had no changes. He is super annoying.

What dopa said about Yasuo is really true; he can go 0/15 and somehow still be relevant as a splitpusher in the mid/late game. He is annoying af and I don't blame anyone for banning him.

• Locked thread