Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Also I still swear the aiming reticle on the arbiter is hosed even if you know it just shoots straight instead of in an arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Are there any mods that remove the sound effect that is played when you grab a small piece of loot? drat, that's annoying.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Mystic Stylez posted:

Are there any mods that remove the sound effect that is played when you grab a small piece of loot? drat, that's annoying.

No, but I have one that replaces all gunfire sounds with it

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013

Mordja posted:

So anything on this? I looked online and copied some scripts into a .lua file but while it shows up in the ingame mod menu, it doesn't actually work at all.

My buddy literally can't play this game, gives him a headache.

If you have not tried it already, there is a option under video -> advanced called use acceleration camera effect that when turned off takes away head bobbing when you walk or run.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Yes. This is actually a pretty severe limitation on the uppermost difficulties, but the gun is damned fun.

In an ideal world, fun trumps functionality. And fuckin' hell this gun is fun to use. Flinging sniper corpses around with it feels practically like karma.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

SAMARIX posted:

If you have not tried it already, there is a option under video -> advanced called use acceleration camera effect that when turned off takes away head bobbing when you walk or run.
Yeah, first thing we did. Either it does nothing or it does next to nothing. I've seen other complaints about that option around too.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

In an ideal world, fun trumps functionality. And fuckin' hell this gun is fun to use. Flinging sniper corpses around with it feels practically like karma.

Oh I'm right there with you- I love the Arbiter! It's just worth mentioning that it's a lot less fun when it stops killing everything on roughly Mayhem and up. On Overkill it's freaking glorious.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Yes. This is actually a pretty severe limitation on the uppermost difficulties, but the gun is damned fun.

just lol if you think needing to click a second time with the fastest-firing grenade launcher with the best mag size, reserve ammo, pickup rate, and reload time is "a severe limitation"

It still kills shields in one on DW and double-tapping a single cop here or there is not got to ruin your ammo count

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Now I'm confused- folks who read files are saying it has half the damage of the china puff, but the wiki tables are showing it has twice the damage. Ah, the combined table value is wrong- it has a bit more than half damage. Anyways, yes, the difference between one and two hits to kill is substantial on the upper difficulties.

edit: I just finished reading through the Panic Room scripts for the two roof defenses.

Short version:

Both defenses check the roof for enemies and can be resolved early if there are no enemies in a defined area. The two define different areas and the second defense has some sort of really weird enemy counter going on. It appears that both of these are almost impossible to clear out on higher difficulties.

The first defense will also end when the assault wave ends.

The second defense (which is complex and really hard to parse) appears to end after 610 seconds have passed.

Upshot- when you're asked to defend the roof, just go somewhere else and lead the enemies with you- it's more likely to end sooner that way.

And bonus funtime, there is scripting left in for Hot Lava, a frustrating area defense achievement from payday 1 where you had to keep enemies from stepping on the graffiti on the roof until the chopper leaves with the saferoom. It looks like it can be done on any difficulty, though.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 30, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Bomb: Forest is the last One Down job I have til my statue/skull. Anyone goons with availability wanna try to schedule something for it? I can go pretty much whenever. But Discord never gets anyone and the stove is so incredibly hot.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Bomb: Forest is the last One Down job I have til my statue/skull. Anyone goons with availability wanna try to schedule something for it? I can go pretty much whenever. But Discord never gets anyone and the stove is so incredibly hot.

I'm game for a couple days at least.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
anyone have a standalone hold-to-interact mod and/or a standalone laser color mod? Even something which just boosts laser strength, I can give up my rainbow colors.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Thanks to Chairface, Vox, and Anders for helping me complete Bomb: Forest, and thus my skull and statue.

The statue is kind of lovely and underwhelming but the skull is sick as hell.

I've already paid it forward a bit but if people need another body for their one downs, I'm willing to help here and there. I did all the stealthable poo poo solo, so if you need help on those especially get at me. (edit: Except Go Bank. I can't imagine doing that without at least one helper.)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Psion posted:

anyone have a standalone hold-to-interact mod and/or a standalone laser color mod? Even something which just boosts laser strength, I can give up my rainbow colors.

Not the standalone thing you're looking for, but wolfhud does do this, and does it really well.

For Discendo's benefit (and others), here are some One Down builds that I have been using - you were using the MasterForcer build. The default melee is the buzzer (or electroknuckles if you don't have a buzzer) and flashbangs.

MasterForcer (with AMR-16 DMR and a China Puff):
http://pd2weapons.com/l/d2480cead9928d83b50966a6e8e2d203

FugiMind (heavy Crossbow and Pistol xbow):
http://pd2weapons.com/l/d0558811ad5fa2b6efdaec5a73831da6
(You can sub FAK for Med bags and vice versa, depending on who is bringing what.)

If everyone buys into the "Bring a cop hostage to Robbing Banks" Day, you are pretty much invincible. 8 additional dudes on the map really break the AI.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Thanks to Chairface, Vox, and Anders for helping me complete Bomb: Forest, and thus my skull and statue.

The statue is kind of lovely and underwhelming but the skull is sick as hell.

I've already paid it forward a bit but if people need another body for their one downs, I'm willing to help here and there. I did all the stealthable poo poo solo, so if you need help on those especially get at me. (edit: Except Go Bank. I can't imagine doing that without at least one helper.)

Will hit you up in the future to get my last 20 or so 1D heists... probably on my "worthless" discord server. :jerkbag:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm a dinosaur who hates discord and sticks to mumble but I am more than willing to do whatever including 1 down. Just don't act dumb.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

UnknownMercenary posted:

I'm a dinosaur who hates discord and sticks to mumble but I am more than willing to do whatever including 1 down. Just don't act dumb.

I know merc, we just played the other night. c:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Updated the OP with links to the new CTS and the Goon PD2 Discord. If there are any other voice channels, please go ahead and share them. If someone gives me another temporary Discord link imma slap you.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Plan Z posted:

Updated the OP with links to the new CTS and the Goon PD2 Discord. If there are any other voice channels, please go ahead and share them. If someone gives me another temporary Discord link imma slap you.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797779&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Is the new cts, which carries over the bans and other associated data as cts classic.

In addition on chugging the stairs (CHTS?) Vox and Anders are mods of the payday 2 channel, for whatever that is worth.

:confuoot:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Drewjitsu posted:

In addition on chugging the stairs (CHTS?) Vox and Anders are mods of the payday 2 channel, for whatever that is worth.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Psion posted:

Here's a hold-to-interact mod I've been using without problems:

https://bitbucket.org/pjal3urb/toggleinteract/downloads

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 15, 2016

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Discendo Vox posted:

No, but I have one that replaces all gunfire sounds with it

When are you releasing the total replacement soundpack consisting of you and cheeto quoting the long guide

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Fellis posted:

When are you releasing the total replacement soundpack consisting of you and cheeto quoting the long guide

Overkill is collaborating with us to release it as dlc. You will have to unlock it by completing a series if in game challenge s.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Fellis posted:

"Hope you're not hipfiring this"

Interspersed by Bain giving way too much detail on where cops are spawning.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
"Historically, this gun was actually more accurate when hipfired, but that was changed as a part of the Crimefest 2015 rebalance"

"Use your bipod. Use your bipod. Why aren't you using your bipod? Use your bipod."

"Oh wow, the vault is already open? There's only a 1% chance of that happening!"

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 1, 2016

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Lockpicking sounds are replaced with rants on poor game mechanics and implementation of enemy health on difficulty levels, dynamic to the duration of the lockpick.

No pub group ever picks the entirety of a harvest and trustee ever again

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Wait, people still do that? You don't even need a skill to use the saw anymore.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

"What a flat- you should wait on the roof to kill four guards, and then let the checkin guard path out"

Fellis posted:

No pub group ever picks the entirety of a harvest and trustee ever again

Must-buy DLC indeed.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Mystic Stylez posted:

I wish there was a standalone mod for adding timers (e.g. how much your ECM will last, how much to lockpick a door, etc) only, I don't care about other HUD poo poo. If anybody has one, please link it!

I use this - it's fairly customizable and minimally intrusive.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

"Historically, this gun was actually more accurate when hipfired, but that was changed as a part of the Crimefest 2015 rebalance"

"Use your bipod. Use your bipod. Why aren't you using your bipod? Use your bipod."

"Oh wow, the vault is already open? There's only a 1% chance of that happening!"

The Eagle Heavy, Falcon, Sig .40 or Leo? (all of the above)

Bipods are not practical to use for extended time periods above Overkill.

Is this GO Bank or Election Day plan C? :spergin:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

"Hey Guys, have I told you about this spot on the map? Because it's a secret, don't tell the devs. Yet."

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Wait, should I not just hipfire everything close enough for me to see the dot on the cop head? I usually just use the Loco so it isn't an issue.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

UnknownMercenary posted:

The Eagle Heavy, Falcon, Sig .40 or Leo? (all of the above)

Is this GO Bank or Election Day plan C? :spergin:

I was actually thinking of the Queen's Wrath and Lion's Roar, which if you were moving were far more accurate from the hip than from the sights.

There is no chance the vault is already open on Breaking Ballot. Best you can do there for speed is the 10% chance for no loot in the vault.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 2, 2016

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 15, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Wait, should I not just hipfire everything close enough for me to see the dot on the cop head? I usually just use the Loco so it isn't an issue.

I literally ADS everytime I shoot. Regardless of range or circumstance. COD broke me :negative:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Payday 3 announced

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Out of a stupid curiosity and as I'm unsure as to what can and can't be modified via Mods in Payday 2, is it even remotely possible to change the values for the head-shot multipliers, weapon damage and hit points of enemies?

Bluntly put, I'm looking to see if there's a way to get a pre-October "balance update" experience.

(EDIT) VVVV: I tried "One Down" after the October update and never touched it again after seeing that everything was a "The Division" style bullet sponge. That killed it for me and quite a few others.

Malek fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 2, 2016

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
are people still playing this? the gunplay is horrid

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Malek posted:

Out of a stupid curiosity and as I'm unsure as to what can and can't be modified via Mods in Payday 2, is it even remotely possible to change the values for the head-shot multipliers, weapon damage and hit points of enemies?

Bluntly put, I'm looking to see if there's a way to get a pre-October "balance update" experience.

(EDIT) VVVV: I tried "One Down" after the October update and never touched it again after seeing that everything was a "The Division" style bullet sponge. That killed it for me and quite a few others.

If your main difficulty of play was Overkill, nothing has changed. Deathwish has basically made Berserker a requirement, but it's otherwise the same if you're a pro at cop clicking. One Down hasn't changed all that much but it's not designed to be a difficulty for regular play unless you're a masochist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

UnknownMercenary posted:

If your main difficulty of play was Overkill, nothing has changed. Deathwish has basically made Berserker a requirement, but it's otherwise the same if you're a pro at cop clicking. One Down hasn't changed all that much but it's not designed to be a difficulty for regular play unless you're a masochist.

Deahwish was doable by a good team and myself with a M308 and a single head shot. Current 1 Downs, I pumped a number of rounds into an enemy and a skull-dozer should not require 2 RPG rounds to drop. Plus there's the nice fiasco of having to drop a clip of pistol rounds into a guard when he sees you if going stealth. That's not difficulty, that's bullet sponge. My original question stands (as I'd rather fix the problem myself instead of bitching about it.)

My problem was a 100+ damage weapon requiring plain tans 3+ head-shots. If I wanted to play that, I'd use that free code of "The Division" I had earlier.

(Slight Edit) Oh and armor being worthless at higher difficulties at 200+ dmg a bullet each. Yeah I know, dodge builds, but still.

Malek fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 3, 2016