Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Doggir posted:

Am I the only one that unironically likes Chola Chun?

I can't even ironically like it, sorry to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

the pants look really bad and inhuman beyond how chunli's giant inhuman legs usually look

Chun needs those jeans they make for hockey players.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Doggir posted:

Thicc

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Street Fighter V won the "Rootkit of the Year" award from The Videogame Awards.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doggir posted:

Putting pants on Chun Li just looks completely insane.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Where did she even buy those pants?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mc hammer garage sale

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/804454057817444352

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

glad i wasnt the only person that caught this.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
She's just practicing Chinese foot binding.

Don't Google that.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

That being said it looks like she is wearing a diaper

That's my fetish.

:yum:

Doggir fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 2, 2016

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Honestly I think capcom doesn't read a hear a single word of feedback from abroad. I am sure from their Japanese player base there is some means to find out what players want but they do not give any shits about the rest of the world.

The biggest indication of this is how brain dead craptastic all of the depictions are, thrown right into the strike zone of deplorable japanese fuckboys

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
As a deplorable Japanese fuckboy I am offended that you think such crude portrayals are anywhere near true moe

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Jack Trades posted:

Street Fighter V won the "Rootkit of the Year" award from The Videogame Awards.

It won against kof XIV

and revalator wasn't even on the list.

I mean clearly arc and snk are getting robbed.

Everything about those games is better.

Like I've never seen a story mode as bad as sfv (well the non dlc one, because i didn't' download it), while BB and GG literally have miniature anime for me to watch.

Even 4 was more coherent story wise

seth clones bad > kill them.

On a positive note, I guess bison and half of vega changes are the best thing in sf5?

Bison's moveset is cool in v trigger, he's weird but cool
vega, was cooler before you figure out how 1 dimensional they made him, and his v trigger didn't help that case at all, especially considering they didn't even bother make all 3 able to be combo-ed to super.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 2, 2016

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Making Vega a stance character was cool until you realise his claw stance is almost entirely useless, and that Chun li does everything he does better*

*except for a terrible command throw that barely does more damage than a regular throw

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Street Fighter V won Best Fighting Game this year so now no one can say it's a bad game anymore, the proof is there folks

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Street Fighter V won Best Fighting Game this year so now no one can say it's a bad game anymore, the proof is there folks

I'd play it more but I'm too busy with the best handheld game of the year, Pokemon Go.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
She's a cop right? So really all they have to do is call that outfit Undercover Prostitution Sting Chun-li and boom, fixed. I'll take my royalties in cash Capcom (no fight money accepted).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SectumSempra posted:

vega, was cooler before you figure out how 1 dimensional they made him, and his v trigger didn't help that case at all, especially considering they didn't even bother make all 3 able to be combo-ed to super.

Spuckuk posted:

Making Vega a stance character was cool until you realise his claw stance is almost entirely useless, and that Chun li does everything he does better*
*except for a terrible command throw that barely does more damage than a regular throw

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
CapCup is making me hype and SFV is $20 on PSN because of the Keighleys. Someone remind me to not give Capcom money.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

CapCup is making me hype and SFV is $20 on PSN because of the Keighleys. Someone remind me to not give Capcom money.

don't give capcom money

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mango sentinel posted:

the game feels like garbag e to play because even without 8 frames of lag everything is slow and weak feeling

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pomp posted:

the game feels like garbag e to play because even without 8 frames of lag everything is slow and weak feeling

the netcode and loading times are way worse than the game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the aa's are really hosed up in the game. watching diago aa exclusively wtih crouching mp

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

the aa's are really hosed up in the game. watching diago aa exclusively wtih crouching mp

I'm watching it happen right now in real time!

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

mango sentinel posted:

Game is fun if you play the fun characters. I'd say it's worth a 20 at this point

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

mango sentinel posted:

Only worth it if it also includes the season pass

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

It is worth $20 for best fighter game of the year.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Doggir posted:

It is worth $20 for best fighter game of the year.

True, but Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel isn't on sale.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I tried some online balrog, don't really get how to play him.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL13NFazLNPgxs9lZ8T9dYW8KfkmNHjXgK

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I got to play Street Fighter Alpha 2 with a stranger in a barcade today. What fun video game.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Night Blade posted:

I got to play Street Fighter Alpha 2 with a stranger in a barcade today. What fun video game.

Same, but it was Alpha 1. It was on free play for some reason. Life is good (unlike SFV).

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
sf5 is so bad it makes people look back on alpha 1 favorably

truly the darkest timeline

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oni is apparently going to be onstage for the Sony keynote at 10 PST so I assume any big announcements will be there. Unless they are showing something there and something before the Capcom Cup finals.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Oni is apparently going to be onstage for the Sony keynote at 10 PST so I assume any big announcements will be there. Unless they are showing something there and something before the Capcom Cup finals.

let's go Rolento and Eagle for SFV

stickbros forever

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
There's a small SFV community in the third world poo poo country I live in and they seem very involved with the game. They try to make me play the game more but I usually refuse to as I prefer to play actual good games like kof98, third strike and ttt2 in an arcade nearby. However, when they ask me why I don't like the game, I usually just point out some reasons that don't seem very convincing to them. Would you guys help me articulate in a concise and comprehensive way why SFV sucks compared to some older fighting games?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Otakufag posted:

There's a small SFV community in the third world poo poo country I live in and they seem very involved with the game. They try to make me play the game more but I usually refuse to as I prefer to play actual good games like kof98, third strike and ttt2 in an arcade nearby. However, when they ask me why I don't like the game, I usually just point out some reasons that don't seem very convincing to them. Would you guys help me articulate in a concise and comprehensive way why SFV sucks compared to some older fighting games?

How about you stop being a stick in the mud and let them play what they want to play?

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004

Jmcrofts posted:

How about you stop being a stick in the mud and let them play what they want to play?

I'm not stopping them, they just insist that I play the game more with them, which is why I'm asking for a way to scientifically articulate my dislike for SFV.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Otakufag posted:

why SFV sucks compared to some older fighting games?

it sucks compared to new fighting games too.

also your pals may not agree with statements like "normals feel bad for most characters" and "walk speed is pathetic" and "playstyles are severely restricted" and "aa's are better done with moves that should not be aa's than actual aa moves"

your pals might be real dumb or opinionated. the only objective truth is that the game is a technical mess that even if you enjoy the gameplay, sucks all the fun out of itself with rollback problems, long loads, terrible updating and downtime procedures, no RQ protection, and ices the cake with stupid expensive dlc items.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

showcase on now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJgzJZiys-c