Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

Last 20 hours for Mythic Battles Pantheon, brought to you by Mythic Games and Monolith Board Games.

The base $100 game is a pretty good value in terms of miniatures alone at this point. Obviously most or all of the women in the game are scantily clad (but so are the men (but uhhh, no, it's not the same)) because of course they are, but there's some really drat good sculpts and almost all of the minis are photos of actual production models, not just concept art, so you can see exactly what you're getting.

The game is well playtested, too, which is one of Monolith's strengths.

Gameplay reminds me a bit of Magewars, which isn't a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Ominous Jazz posted:

So, those top and bottom stats mean exactly what I think they do?

Given that they're matched with Up, Down, Charm, and Strange, it looks like it's a reference to the flavors of quarks. Which is a combination of words that physicists have decided they have to say with a straight face for the rest of time.

...doesn't mean they don't *also* mean exactly what you think they do, though.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Oh dear. https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?792880-FARFLUNG-Never-have-I-both-wanted-and-been-frustrated-at-the-existence-of-a-game-before

That proves nothing, mind you, given the origins and operation of the Puzzlebox as a 'with hyperhookers and postblackjack' offshoot of another furfuck MUCK, and furries' tendency to see copyright violations in every darkened corner.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Bieeardo posted:

Oh dear. https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?792880-FARFLUNG-Never-have-I-both-wanted-and-been-frustrated-at-the-existence-of-a-game-before

That proves nothing, mind you, given the origins and operation of the Puzzlebox as a 'with hyperhookers and postblackjack' offshoot of another furfuck MUCK, and furries' tendency to see copyright violations in every darkened corner.

Game derived from MUCK people frequented for erotic RP is a bigger red flag for me than cribbing ideas from content with a CC license.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Furries possibly designing a PBTA game after their long-departed postmodern masturbatorium, gatekeeping playtest access behind an extra five bucks in pledge money? This looks less like a puzzlebox and more like a Shrodinger's litterbox.

Here's hoping the updates will be entertaining.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

xiw posted:

Only noticed this one at the last minute:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sanguine/farflung-sci-fi-role-play-after-dark

Dancers at the End of Time-y stuff is extremely my jam, don't have time to read it in detail though so oh well if it's a bust it's a bust

There sure is a lot of tits and furries in this role playing game, that bodes well.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Sigma-X posted:

There sure is a lot of tits and furries in this role playing game, that bodes well.

I'm annoyed that they make fulfillment through DriveThru sound like some sleazy thing. Sure it's not heaps smooth to get people to sign up for a DriveThru account and ask them to pay extra for printing and postage, but it's hardly a scam like they're implying there.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I'm annoyed that they make fulfillment through DriveThru sound like some sleazy thing. Sure it's not heaps smooth to get people to sign up for a DriveThru account and ask them to pay extra for printing and postage, but it's hardly a scam like they're implying there.

By not working through drivethru, they are taking on the printing and shipping risks themselves and opening themselves up to running out of money for the project. As a backer, this significantly raises your odds of not getting what you paid for.

Edit: to be clear, I am agreeing with you here.

Jimbozig fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 1, 2016

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

DriveThru has some weird censorship kerfuffle a bit ago, so it's probably actually a concern that their furry tits would not get judged or something. But at this point, it could be the same people who'd enjoy Libertarian Furtopias like that.. other weird furry game that is actually on DriveThru. gently caress, I don't know, there's also probably a half-dozen even dumber reasons not to make it easy on themselves.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
DTRPG's "weird censorship kerfluffles" were banning Desborough's idiot Gamergate game and a Chris Fields product literally titled Tournament of Rapists. Sex moves in a PbtA game are a far cry from either of those.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

first they came for Tournament of Rapists but I did not speak up because i had not enrolled in the rape tournament

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Arivia posted:

DTRPG's "weird censorship kerfluffles" were banning Desborough's idiot Gamergate game and a Chris Fields product literally titled Tournament of Rapists. Sex moves in a PbtA game are a far cry from either of those.

No one is talking about PbtA sex moves. We're talking about why someone would make DriveThru seem like a bad alternative to complete self-publishing. People taking the wrong message from the original actions by DriveThru is one of those things, especially if you're talking about what's likely a game that's big on furry sex. The kerfuffle I was talking about was a lot of knee-jerking from the CENSORSHIP IS WRONG ALL THE TIME community when those things happened. I can imagine there's some crossover there between that group and the group that wants to release highly sexualized furry games.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jimbozig posted:

By not working through drivethru, they are taking on the printing and shipping risks themselves and opening themselves up to running out of money for the project. As a backer, this significantly raises your odds of not getting what you paid for.

Edit: to be clear, I am agreeing with you here.
This is apparently something that happened to the Mekton Zero kickstarter from ages ago; it seems that R. Talsorian actually purchased their own printing setup to produce the books instead of using any of the various existing services out there.

I want to say something similar happened with the Traveller reboot, too, but I don't remember the details.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Evil Mastermind posted:

This is apparently something that happened to the Mekton Zero kickstarter from ages ago; it seems that R. Talsorian actually purchased their own printing setup to produce the books instead of using any of the various existing services out there.

I want to say something similar happened with the Traveller reboot, too, but I don't remember the details.

As far as R Tals is concerned they've done every single step of the Mekton KS the hard and in house way. It didn't help that they had to redo the entire layout because they were using ancient Macs with equally ancient software, they've gone through a few mini sculptors for the bonus Meks, the usual 'poo poo happens' sort of things, and then they yes bought their POD setup.

It makes sense if they're going to start selling old product through their website and want to open up the back catalog, it's just not something I personally would let delay fulfillment on an already late KS.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bieeardo posted:

Oh dear. I thought that looked like Mamabliss's art.

Edit: I enjoy this kind of thing too, so what the hell.

Trap loving sprung

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Warage: Extended Edition said they're getting ready to ship out their game soon, and released their 2017 schedule for releasing all their content to the public.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/278128858/warage/posts/1754531

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
The Alas Vegas pdf is out to backers.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Congratulations to Far West.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
e; I have no idea how this posted twice at the same time with one press of the post button. :confused:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So aside from outright failed projects, that is projects where the creators aren't even pretending like it might still materialize someday, is there any tradgame Kickstarter that's more late than Far West?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Didn't Alas Vegas get investigated by the state of Washington?

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Kwyndig posted:

Didn't Alas Vegas get investigated by the state of Washington?

Not as far as I know. You might be thinking of the board game The Doom That Came to Atlantic City.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I guess you're right.

Now I'm wondering how long it will take Far West to finally come out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

More like Far In The Future.

I'll be here all week.

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009
Predicting we'll see the exalted3 dragonblooded book before Far West

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Falstaff posted:

Not as far as I know. You might be thinking of the board game The Doom That Came to Atlantic City.

Yep, that's the one, but in a fit of beautiful irony The Doom That Came to Atlantic City actually did wind up coming out after Cryptozoic basically volunteered to shoulder the responsibility of producing print copies for all the backers...more elaborate pledge rewards like miniatures remain undelivered but nonetheless TDTCtAC wound up beating Far West to (relatively) completed status by a number of years, and that's after someone literally absconded with all the money and promptly squandered it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

General Ironicus posted:

The Alas Vegas pdf is out to backers.
Oh boy, I can't wait to get it as a backer of Far West! :dance:

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Man, at this point I expect to see Powerchords come back from the dead and deliver before Far West.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Robotech RPG Tactices funded in 2013, and the second half of that isn't coming because Palladium spent all the remaining money publishing books that were 10 years behind schedule. Pretty sure someone is pursuing legal action now, hopefully the company is wound up by the end of 2017

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

NTRabbit posted:

Robotech RPG Tactices funded in 2013, and the second half of that isn't coming because Palladium spent all the remaining money publishing books that were 10 years behind schedule. Pretty sure someone is pursuing legal action now, hopefully the company is wound up by the end of 2017

I can't wait to read all about the exciting new Crisis of Treachery Two™, coming soon.*

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So what IS the latest status update for Far West, anyway?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

There isn't one. GMS basically dropped off the project page and Twitter to (supposedly) focus on getting it done. Of course, he's still active on Facebook, and possibly on G+ (I blocked him ages ago so I don't know one way or the other).

And once again, I should point out that he's spent over a year now just trying to get the GMing chapter done. The rest of the book is written, has been laid out, and we're just waiting on one chapter.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I'm one of the people who didn't get transferred over to DTRPG for Alas Vegas, which sucks because I REALLY want to read the game! I guess I've waited this long, I can wait a few more hours.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I love me some Bronze age Roleplaying, and I love FATE, so I can't help but be intrigued by this. That said, it honestly looks pretty :effort:.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I love me some Bronze age Roleplaying, and I love FATE, so I can't help but be intrigued by this. That said, it honestly looks pretty :effort:.

Guy says he has the whole thing written already and is only Kickstarting for art and layout. It might be a bit bare bones but it honestly looks like the guy has all his ducks in a row and is trying not to extend himself too far for his first Kickstarter.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Arivia posted:

Guy says he has the whole thing written already and is only Kickstarting for art and layout. It might be a bit bare bones but it honestly looks like the guy has all his ducks in a row and is trying not to extend himself too far for his first Kickstarter.
Fair point. Backed.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Evil Mastermind posted:

There isn't one.
I guess that's one way to stay out of the news but drat.

Alas Vegas is done.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I backed it because of interest in the setting and the low price. I'd like to see more of his writing or a sample of what's in the RPG though.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Wyrd released a new video for their upcoming kickstarter for their army-scale game, The Other Side. This one covers the allegiances more and shows us renders, allegiance special rules, and some model cards: https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2016/12/5/monday-preview-tos-allegiances

KS goes live around the 14th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
So I just looked up Alas, Vegas after hearing about it in the thread and it sounds like it's based on Tim Powers' Last Call, which is Extremely My poo poo. Is the game out for purchase, or just to backers?