Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Real hurthling! posted:

Wake up jab into super ftw

jab
vtrigger
super
420 noscope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

S.J. posted:

The fact that you won't be able to wake up DP xx super anymore is dumb

What's even dumber is Gief with a free vortex post-knockdown. That might actually make his threatening but then again, same goes for everyone else.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Junk posted:

What am I gonna do, wait another 10 years for Street Fighter 6?

or just play vs or whatever game your character is in? they all pretty much have communities on fightcade

Zand fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 5, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I have it on good authority one of the new characters is South Korean Windjammer Beeho Yoo

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
It's really confusing to me that those 5 are supposedly "brand new to the Street Fighter universe" because one of those shadows is clearly just Rolento.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

deadly_pudding posted:

It's really confusing to me that those 5 are supposedly "brand new to the Street Fighter universe" because one of those shadows is clearly just Rolento.

maybe it's his brother

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

deadly_pudding posted:

could be peter the cop

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling! posted:

Wake up jab into super ftw

Hurth, look up my last match/matches I played if you want to see a Cammy blow my Laura the gently caress up

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Is the "new to the SF universe" from a source any more trustable than Ono or whoever was like "We never said it was Akuma"?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Is the "new to the SF universe" from a source any more trustable than Ono or whoever was like "We never said it was Akuma"?

No, it's Akuma, and then 5 other mystery characters who are "brand new to the Street Fighter Universe"

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...ghter-universe/

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

deadly_pudding posted:

And if Akuma was one of the shadows we would all be saying "Mufasa is 100% confirmed."

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Zand posted:

or just play vs or whatever game your character is in? they all pretty much have communities on fightcade

brazilians and french ppl troll me when i play breakers revenge

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

play me instead I don't troll

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

theres always one argentian guy playing LB2 and its fun to pop in once a month and have him annihilate me with Power Lee for an hour and know hes out there still loving LB2

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

could be peter the cop

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

could be peter the cop

capcom has a habit of putting in new characters named after prominent capcom usa employees.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
ComboFiend the Cop is cooler imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Street fighter 5: shut up and jab gaiden

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Colonel Bill F. Guilembeer's Combat Basketball

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/chara_goki.html

theme is eh

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

im glad they continued the leitmotif of the satsui no wubwub

its canon

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fereydun posted:

im glad they continued the leitmotif of the satsui no wubwub

its canon

Dub one thousand steps.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
God help me, but I kind of want back into this game after watching capcom cup. The removal of meterless reversals is blowing my mind though; I picked up Cammy because she has a solid variety of offensive tools + a meterless reversal, and couldn't bring myself to seriously try another character because I crutch super hard on DP to deal with determined pressure (and it works because my friends crutch even harder). That's... just plain no longer going to be an option. So if I came back, I could go back to any character at this point. Any at all. It's weird and scary.

I like mixing people up but don't like long execution-heavy combos (or tough hit-confirms). Advice?

(No, Zand, I hate execution so go away with your "play good games" schtick.)

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 5, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

can they seriously make the music in a cohesive style at least this is getting really weird

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Corbeau posted:

I like mixing people up but don't like long execution-heavy combos (or tough hit-confirms). Advice?

quote:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

honestly if my shtick is encouraging people to play good games I'm fine with that, especially since so many of them have such light execution requirements

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

can't really unga in this game

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Do any of those silhouettes line up with the unused character art that showed up a while back?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Steam owners of Skullgirls get an additional 25% off of Nitroplus Blasterz

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mango sentinel posted:

Do any of those silhouettes line up with the unused character art that showed up a while back?

someone said that the dude with the knife and dredlocks was a good match a few pages back

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

But Akuma isn't out yet..?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

I would totally pick this guy.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Corbeau posted:

God help me, but I kind of want back into this game after watching capcom cup. The removal of meterless reversals is blowing my mind though; I picked up Cammy because she has a solid variety of offensive tools + a meterless reversal, and couldn't bring myself to seriously try another character because I crutch super hard on DP to deal with determined pressure (and it works because my friends crutch even harder). That's... just plain no longer going to be an option. So if I came back, I could go back to any character at this point. Any at all. It's weird and scary.

Laura is fun and doesn't seem super technically challenging to me. I'm still just learning her though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Laura is fun but peeps in here are right as usual, learn that wake up game. Master at least 3 wake up options, her combos into mp elbow charge, and when/how to mix in command throws. Use lp or ex elbow charge as your aggressive "get in there" move.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The only SFV content that I still enjoy, other than laughing at retarded Ken/Akuma faces, is watching LTG being salty after getting severely owned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYn-HuvuOgw

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Jack Trades posted:

The only SFV content that I still enjoy, other than laughing at retarded Ken/Akuma faces, is watching LTG being salty after getting severely owned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYn-HuvuOgw

That is masterful puppetmastering from LIJoe.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/BadMrFrostii/status/805916522778689537

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Wait that dude actually does give you tips? He only ever tells me to stop bothering him.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Corbeau posted:

Play Laura. She has really easy execution, and the hardest thing you need to learn is like...Standing Fierce into EX thunderclap mixups (which are easy as gently caress). Her game is built around knocking the opponent down and doing poo poo on their wakeup. With no DP invulnerability she's likely to be buffed in the next version of the game indirectly because DP characters blew up her entire gameplan. She's also one of the few characters in the game who's fun to play, just learn to block a lot in neutral because she has bad footsie buttons for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Corbeau posted:

I don't even know what street fighter looks like with zero meterless reversals from any character at all. That's so bizarre.

Probably get your poo poo pushed in on any knockdown x1000 now. Plus no i-frames means you can still random/wake up dp, just have to know what it beats now instead of just using it in any situation. This will NOT deter the average SFV online player from waking up with dp all day, btw. If they don't learn from block+cc combo punish for 4+ rounds straight, they aren't going to suddenly learn because ~missing iframes~.