Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
yeah whenever i've had a difficult partner it hasn't been physical it's been mental so you gotta trick the girl into liking what you're doing to her is what i'm saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

ice never had an orgasm

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

that didn't get me kicked out of cvs

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

timefly posted:

Sometimes you're the only one who can do it and sex doesn't provide the right type of stimulation, and/or you can't get in the zone mentally if you're distracted by a partner

"You're just knocking me out of the zone flailing around back there, you hairy oaf. Just nut already so I can get myself off to this 100,000 word Brisco County Jr./Dr. Who slash fiction."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My (22F) mom (52F) refuses to attend college graduation unless I lose 20 lbs, fat shames me and I've started loathing myself because of it.

Really at my breaking point now. My mom told me she won't attend my college graduation unless I lose 20 lbs. I am 5'3 and 125 lbs... nobody except her thinks I'm fat. I attend a top 10 university and will graduate top of my class with a STEM degree and start medical school in the fall. Yet she sees me as nothing but "fat" and unworthy of any appreciation. I fractured my foot last month and am still not able to fully use it yet so I haven't been working out for the last few weeks (but have not gained weight).

She has always been harshly critical of my body and it's really starting to destroy how I feel about myself. I got boobs earlier than most of my friends. She refused to get me fitted for a bra and gave me her old bras. She constantly made jokes to sales people about how I was a "baby elephant" and couldn't fit into clothes meant for 10 year old girls.

Over thanksgiving break she pinched my belly and said "you're certainly not wasting away" and would stare at different parts of my body (thigh, arms, chest) when I was talking to her and she would laugh at my face. She said some pretty nasty stuff about my body right before our thanksgiving meal. It made me sick to my stomach and I couldn't eat. She flipped it back on me and told me I hate her cooking and never appreciate her. It's almost as though she's oblivious of how hurtful her words are. She is also extremely critical of herself and constantly tells me "if I don't tell you how horrible you look, who else will?" As though she's doing me a favor. She also judges total strangers and people on Tv, celebrities models etc as either being "fat" or "looking like a 7 year old boy" (aka too skinny).

I tried talking to her and telling her she should be more body positive. She told me I was just making excuses for being hippo. Cutting her out is not an option and I've come to realize there just is no point in trying to get her to see the impact her words have. I am anxious to go home for winter break. I don't know how to deal with her constantly making me feel like crap. Truth is im not the fat and ugly monster she makes me out to be but lately I have caught myself hating myself and loathing my body. I have internalized all her hatred and started hating myself and don't know what to do about this mess. Help me. please.

TLDR; mom relentlessly fat shames me, refuses to attend college graduation unless I lose weight. I am unable to work out because of injured foot. I'm not fat. Started hating myself because of het

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Leon Einstein posted:

I guess some women might be physically incapable of orgasms, but I'm guessing the ones that never cum have never masturbated and feel it is shameful.

I'm confused are you making a distinction between cumming and an orgasm? Or are you just saying that in most cases not having had an orgasm is a mental thing rather than a physical thing?

timefly posted:

Sometimes you're the only one who can do it and sex doesn't provide the right type of stimulation, and/or you can't get in the zone mentally if you're distracted by a partner

Yes both of these are a thing. When I can tell I'm just not figuring out what needs to be done I'll just ask them "how do you do it when you're alone, I need some guidance here" *admittedly awkward laugh*. Often they're happy to oblige. Sometimes I've heard "ewww I don't do that I'm not a pervert" and been really confused on how to take that because here you are having sex with a man you barely know and yet masturbation seems perverted to you.

Those also tended to be the ones who didn't do their part and seemed to think that a woman's job in the bedroom is to simply lay back and be humped. I remember when I was in high school it was called the starfish, that is just spreading out all of your limbs and laying unmoving on the bed. It can be very disturbing. I hate to be dramatic but it feels quite a bit like rape when there is no movement and little feedback.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

that one is just really sad

not opening up the argument about posting/not posting the sad ones, just that's insanely depressing

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Exercise is only one component of weight loss, and has less impact than diet. Eat less, fatty. Also, punch your mom.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Gaunab posted:

My (22F) mom (52F) refuses to attend college graduation unless I lose 20 lbs, fat shames me and I've started loathing myself because of it.

In my somewhat limited experience, the parents are very often the cause of preteen and teenage eating disorders. Fathers and mothers equally.

This girl is going to be fine because she's grown up and knows full well how full of poo poo her mom is. Still, it'd be hard to feel close to someone that shallow. I'd say just invite everyone else you want to to the graduation and tell her she can come if she wants, either way who cares.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

My boyfriend [22m of 8 months] suddenly started smelling like.... ammonia?! What do I do?

This one is funnier without the details

quote:

My 32F Boyfriend 34M of 3 years. His ex (34F) from when he was in his 20s, has had access to his Facebook for years, compiled all of his messages. And wants to give them to me and says I need to see them, not sure how to navigate this.

My boyfriend Jason and I have been together for 3 years. It has been a great relationship over all. Definitely a few hiccups here and there. The biggest being about a year or so ago I caught him in a lie messaging a girl on social media. I forgave him, we moved past it.
He has an ex that has a lot of issues. I know her personally and she has BPD and is extremely unstable. For a long time she always just seemed to know stuff, she would text my boyfriend very specific stuff. And him and I were always pretty stumped on how she would know about that certain thing.
I got a message from her late last night, saying "Want to know a secret? I have had access to Jason's Facebook since we brokeup since he never changed his password. I have printed off several of his private messages from just the last 6 months. There are several that I think you need to see. There is plenty of proof inside that it is indeed his FB, I will drop them off at your work."
I am a nurse at a local family practice and so it isn't a secret where I work. I'm scared out of my mind. I texted Jason and sent him the screenshots and said "I know there isn't really stopping her from giving me these, I don't want to sit and read through your messages. But this is just really weird, if there is anything you think I need to know before she gives them to me, please let me know now." He is at work and can't take his phone in with him, and I am just really stressed.
Should I read them? Wait for him so he can let me know? This situation is just really weird and I'm not sure how to proceed.
tl;dr: Boyfriend's ex had access to his facebook, printed off the messages and said I should read them. Help?

What do I do?? Trust my significant other of three years or his insane ex suffering from borderline personality disorder? Tough..

quote:

My (21M) family just had an intervention with me regarding my GF (27F) of two years. I am so broken. I know what I need to do, but I lack the wherewithal to do it.

Before I start, sorry for the monstrosity of a story I'm sure this will turn out to be. I've got a lot on my chest. I've been dating "Jessica" (not her real name) for two years. It has been a rough two years. This is my first relationship, and when it began I was not in the most healthy of places. Too keep things sufficiently vague, I come from a background of death and abuse. One of my guardians, the only one that really loved and cared for me, died when I was a child. The other was abusive, really abusive. I ended up running away in my mid teens and was taken in/all but officially adopted by a former friend's (now brother's) family. I had all kind of crap that I had to work through, and I was starting to make significant progress when I got into my relationship with "Jessica."
She was seemingly everything I always dreamed of. Intelligent caring, empathetic, beautiful, you name it and she had it. We ended up dating when I was 19 and she was 24, and I was and am utterly devoted to her. Looking back now, red flags abound, but at the time I couldn't see any of them. There were throwaway comments about how all of her exes' families hated her because they felt she was taking away their child, how she wanted to be loved in an all consuming way, the jealousy of my family whenever I spent time with them and the guilt trips for not spending every second I had with her.
I was not (and am not) without my own problems. I mainly had problems communicating and problems with anxiety due to the fact that I didn't know if I was capable of having a healthy relationship, but this relationship was the final push for me to get better. Therapy, intense self reflection, and an overwhelming desire to finally be unbound from my past drove me to a better place. I left my darker self behind around three months into the relationship, shed that skin finally. The freedom and joy I felt upon burying those horrible habits and obsessions over the pain of my childhood, a process that took almost four years... I can't even explain it. It was beautiful, and I took this new found energy and passion and drove it all into the relationship.
It almost seemed that as I got better "Jessica" got worse. Her jealousy ramped up to the point that I was getting phone calls randomly throughout the day to verify where I was. She would go through all of my stuff. I was constantly accused of cheating, of falling out of love, of planning to leave her. This culminated with her hands around my neck, later claimed to be for attention because she thought I was cheating on her. I was shattered. I didn't know what to do. So I called my adoptive mother. She told me to wait until "Jessica" was at work, take a day off school, and pack up my stuff. I went along with this, but instead of that I ended up talking to "Jessica." I confessed everything to her, and she got upset with me for breaking her trust by talking to my mom. We agreed to separate living arrangements, but we both mutually wanted to continue to work through our issues. I started seeing a therapist to try to solve my cowardice and inability to confront her.
Later it became apparent that she was still going through my stuff. I confronted her about it, and she agreed to go to therapy. She quit shortly after without telling me until months later. Things have gotten better, baby steps. But the constant paranoia and every other problem are still there (besides physical violence) in slightly smaller doses. Despite all this, I love this woman with all of my heart. I would do anything for her, and I have. I've moved across state, changed degrees, done everything for her.
I recently went down to see my family. I only get to see them a couple of times a year, and "Jessica" refuses to go. She says that I ruined any chance of her having a relationship with them. My family has been a constant source of strength for me. They've never directly told me what to do, just given advice. This was the first time they directly confronted me. My sister was almost in tears about how I almost never see or talk to them anymore, how they think that if I continue this relationship they will fall to the wayside. My mother said that she can't tell me what to do, but that I better never start a family with this woman for the sake of any children. My father said that she'll drive me to an early grave, just like my horrible guardian did to my loving guardian. My brother said I've got to let her go for her own sake, that I am enabling her and stopping her from actually getting better through not manning up.
I know they are right. I've known that they and all my friends have been right for ages, but it has taken be over a year to get to a place where I am confronting her about the crap she pulls only about 60% of the time. I just seem to have this emotional block. I can't finish it; I love her too much and can't hurt her. I know its stupid. I know its ridiculous. I know that in reality it is ridiculously simple, that I just have to do it. But none of that is helping me actually do it. Like I said, I am in therapy and am trying to work through stuff, but I thought I would try to post to Reddit to see if anyone has been through something similar. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
tl;dr: I'm in a toxic relationship and my family confronted me over it. I know they are right, but I still can't manage to actually pull the trigger despite therapy and support from all sides.

Codependency is a HELLUVA drug

Play fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 6, 2016

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [25M] brother [19M] has become a misogynist

My siblings and I all live close to our parents' home, so we have semi-frequent family dinners there. This Sunday, we were all eating there and our sister [23F] announced that she got a great new job. Of course my parents and I were very excited for her, but my younger brother seemed sort of sullen about it. My dad jokingly asked him if he was jealous, and out of the blue he launched into this huge rant about how it's so unfair, women always get everything handed to them and don't have to work for it, men are getting screwed in the workforce these days, and so on. We were all taken aback because he hasn't talked about holding these kind of opinions before, and my parents have always treated each other as equals in their relationship (they both work). Also, our sister has worked incredibly hard to build her career and he's aware of that, while he goofs off and smokes pot when not working at his dead-end job.

Then, he took it even further and did the unthinkable by insinuating that our sister did something sexual to get the job. At that point, my dad told him to leave. None of us have had any contact with him since that night. I'm angry at him for what he said to our sister but I also want to figure out how he got such a negative attitude toward women since neither my father nor I ever set that kind of example for him, and hopefully get him to change. How should I re-initiate contact, but also make it clear that I find his behavior and opinions abhorrent?

tl;dr: My brother made some misogynist remarks toward our sister and revealed that he holds some unsavory opinions about women. Haven't talked to him since, how should I approach him and try to get him to change his outlook?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Another victim of Reddit propaganda.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Gaunab posted:

tl;dr: My brother made some misogynist remarks toward our sister and revealed that he holds some unsavory opinions about women. Haven't talked to him since, how should I approach him and try to get him to change his outlook?

You can't. He's found a place to lay the blame for all of his inadequacies and everything that has gone wrong with his life. Likely these opinions have been brewing for a while due to a lack of sexual and employment opportunities. Now the same group of people can be blamed for it all, and very likely he's got an online community ready to enable and reinforce these opinions. If you don't share them you're just a dumb sheep who hasn't taken the red pill, so it double as a way to make himself feel better and more intelligent than those around him.

I wouldn't say its impossible, but it is depressingly hard to break someone from this pattern of thinking. And the more it begins to effect their lives in a negative way, the more "confirmation" they see of their beliefs.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Play posted:

My boyfriend [22m of 8 months] suddenly started smelling like.... ammonia?! What do I do?

This one is funnier without the details

What do I do?? Trust my significant other of three years or his insane ex suffering from borderline personality disorder? Tough..

Codependency is a HELLUVA drug

I started reading the one about the crazy ex thinking it was the ammonia one and was really confused.

Anyone, if the ex has had his facebook log in for months and months, how can she be sure the ex didn't fabricate those messages herself?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Play posted:

I'm confused are you making a distinction between cumming and an orgasm? Or are you just saying that in most cases not having had an orgasm is a mental thing rather than a physical thing?
No distinction. I'm just saying that if a woman can't get herself off, she can't expect a guy to do it. And yes, I believe it's mostly mental.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

That 19 year old that no longer lives at home who is eating a free meal with his family that is still together and interacting has it all figured out.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Syncopated posted:

I[27 M] asked my girlfriend of 4 months [24 F] to leave last night. Was I wrong to do so?

Update:

as the bard said,

And that's about the time she walked away from me
Nobody likes you when you're 23
And you're still more amused by TV shows
What the hell is ADD?
My friends say I should act my age
What's my age again?
What's my age again?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

No distinction. I'm just saying that if a woman can't get herself off, she can't expect a guy to do it. And yes, I believe it's mostly mental.

How many poor, poor women go through life chasing the orgasm dragon and never seem to catch it? That's a depressing thought.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Tom Gorman posted:

In my opinion as an old dude, video games are a goddamn menace to relationships. I'll just say that. If she seems like she doesn't care that you're playing Dark Souls for 6 hours, she really does but isn't at the point where it has become frustrating yet. Or maybe she doesn't give a poo poo, in which case, good on you. But be sure before you assume that. Sometimes a game can be the thing that couples can do together and enjoy their free time. But most commonly, it isn't. Spending time together is important, and 6 hours is a hell of a long stretch of time to spend in a computer cave if you have a job and a relationship.

A lot of guys just want to sit around in their boxers and play Dark Souls or Call of Duty for 8 hours. Some women want to do that, sure, but it's way, waaay less. Evidence is the number of complaints from these kinds of posts that revolve around "He doesn't pay any attention to me, just wants to play colladoody".

It may seem counter intuitive but bringing my xbox and gaming chair into our bedroom helped my wife and I out with this. Even though we're doing completely different things, just being in the same room is still spending time together because we can still talk, laugh, etc. I do use a headset but try to reserve it for when she's asleep or heavily invested in something.

I wasn't heavily obsessed with video games or anything. It was just frustrating that the room our interests took place in rarely aligned.

Granted, this relies heavily on my wife being able to go to sleep regardless of light or noise but whatever.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 7, 2016

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

My (22 F) boyfriend (23 M) has poop stains in his underwear all the time. Help.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

100 degrees Calcium posted:

My (22 F) boyfriend (23 M) has poop stains in his underwear all the time. Help.

oh poo poo don't skidmarkshame me

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

black boxer briefs = best underwear

Play
Apr 25, 2006

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

It may seem counter intuitive but bringing my xbox and gaming chair into our bedroom helped my wife and I out with this. Even though we're doing completely different things, just being in the same room is still spending time together because we can still talk, laugh, etc. I do use a headset but try to reserve it for when she's asleep or heavily invested in something.

I wasn't heavily obsessed with video games or anything. It was just frustrating that the room our interests took place in rarely aligned.

Granted, this relies heavily on my wife being able to go to sleep regardless of light or noise but whatever.

Yeah it's the same for me. Obviously there still has to be boundaries, even though you are physically together and that's nice a distinction needs to be drawn between that and actually "being there" with full attention for your SO.

But my girlfriend and I have lived together for some time, we spend a lot of time together, and a lot of the time there's really no pressing need to talk about anything. Sometimes we watch a movie or show together, sometimes I want to watch something she doesn't really like (action movies, thriller, animated poo poo, one player video games) or just want to browse and read websites. She does her own thing on her tablet/phone and watches the shows I can't stand. It's much better than doing the same thing alone, somehow.

Tom Gorman posted:

brown boxer briefs = best underwear

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

MF_James posted:

oh poo poo don't skidmarkshame me

You definitely need clean underwear if you are going to be dominated by a white master with your buff girlfriend.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
If my GF made a rude remark about my skidded grundies i'd fly off the handle and rummage through the dirty washing trying to find something, anything that will prove that she is also disgusting (like any normal man would)

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Jeff Sichoe posted:

If my GF made a rude remark about my skidded grundies i'd fly off the handle and rummage through the dirty washing trying to find something, anything that will prove that she is also disgusting (like any normal man would)

Oh that's easy, period panties.every woman has at least one pair.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Oh that's easy, period panties.every woman has at least one pair.

one pair more like most pairs

you can try your hardest not to get your good panties dirty but aunt flo will sneak up on you and ruin all your best laid plans

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Troposphere posted:

one pair more like most pairs

you can try your hardest not to get your good panties dirty but aunt flo will sneak up on you and ruin all your best laid plans

Isn't that the worst!?

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
why is that a free pass tho? like I could say something cute about ole unkle terd man who visits my lowers and deposits a little brown present for me every couple of days

still gross

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Jeff Sichoe posted:

why is that a free pass tho? like I could say something cute about ole unkle terd man who visits my lowers and deposits a little brown present for me every couple of days

still gross

I mean you can stop yourself from making GBS threads your pants or you know, wipe correctly and not get skid marks but sometimes vags just spray blood unexpectedly and theres nothing you can do about it

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
like I have colitis and have the worst shits and I don't leave skid marks like drat just wipe your rear end it's not hard

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Jeff Sichoe posted:

still gross

Because you could have a tampon in, pad on and take every defensive measure but god help you if you sneeze. It's like that scene from The Shining when the elevator doors open

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I've skidded a time or two in my life, but I wouldn't call it a frequent experience.... like, south of yearly for sure.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
My mid-30s co-worker told me once she's never had an orgasm and I'm pretty sure I stared at her with complete horror on my face. I don't even get it. I find it really easy to orgasm, but still...never once in 30+ years did this woman find anything to make her orgasm. Her husband cheats on her at least once a year and I'm sure it's because she hates sex, but then he married her knowing that so I think they both are kind of stupid.

She did buy him a sextoy at last year's dildo party so I'm leaning more towards he's an rear end in a top hat because she at least spent $50 trying to make his dick feel good. She'll tell me about how she'll do anal for his sake a few times a month, because she hates it less than normal sex.

I don't even know why people so incompatible married.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Apparently there's some kind of super-underwear that absorbs period blood and evenly distributes it throughout the fabric so you don't need a tampon or anything, but ewwwwwwwwwwwww

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

There's a myth that sex isn't an important part of a romantic relationship.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Maybe she's a sex repulsed demiromantic asexual

Naerasa posted:

Apparently there's some kind of super-underwear that absorbs period blood and evenly distributes it throughout the fabric so you don't need a tampon or anything, but ewwwwwwwwwwwww
But wouldn't they get all damp? That sounds uncomfortable. I've heard good things about diva cups

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
how does a man get skidmarks when boxers exist?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
because boxers are loving lame my dude, wear trunks like you're not a middle aged overweight dad who's given up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
The absorbent period undies are probably made with the same stuff washable pads are; don't recall the material atm, but it hasn't leaked/squished on me + feels nicer/less irritating than whatever the f disposable pads are made of, although I mostly wear them to bed/at end of period.

You can find tons of them on etsy.