Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yeah, I thought he came clean because of a niggerstomper58 style breakdown

I just skimmed the posts where he came clean and it wasn't anything that dramatic:

quote:

I'd run out of road. By the end I was advocating turning the US into Ron Paul's own Democratic Kampuchea and shilling for Hitler in his purely defensive war against the Jews, where do you go from that? I'd reached the Mohorovic discontinuity of my own insanity and I was in danger of undoing a lot of the goodwill people had towards me. I never wanted to be annoying or monotonous, I always wanted people to be enlivened either by disbelief or anger or pity or whatever else by the brand of lunacy I was touting. If I couldn't achieve that any more then I couldn't do what I wanted to.

Basically, unlike every lovely troll that ever lived, he knew how to quit at a high point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The Enhydra lutris poster was gold until the end. Another superb work from a superb writer.

"Furious oblong" still gets me :unsmith:.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pick posted:

The Enhydra lutris poster was gold until the end. Another superb work from a superb writer.

"Furious oblong" still gets me :unsmith:.

Weren't they an Avshalom alt?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Avshalom's posting is still gold, so I see no problem with that. :colbert:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

my dad posted:

Avshalom's posting is still gold, so I see no problem with that. :colbert:

Avshalom posts good goats and once used the phrase "a sinewy implication in the shadows of the bedchamber" so a-plus, thumbs-up

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oxxidation posted:

Wait, what? Way to go, Oxx, why don't you tell me Santa isn't real next :sigh:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Oxxidation posted:

Yes, she's absurdly talented.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

greatn posted:

I don't know how many of you may watch Pokemon XYZ, but this season Ash Ketchum made it to the final round of the championships for the first time in the series 20 year history.

He had the strongest team hr had ever had, and was really showing himself to be a much more experienced and wizened trainer than ever before. He even brought a pseudo legendary, Goodra, and developed a unique ability to bond with his Greninja never before seen in the series or games, making it extraordinarily powerful.

He made it to the last Pokemon vs Alain, who had a mega Charizard, meaning it's most powerful attacks has type disadvantage against Ash-Greninja. Even though the mega Charizard had thunder punch, Ash-Greninja deflected or dodged it every time. It came down to one giant water shuriken vs one giant blast burn.

Mega Charizard won the day. It was Ash's most grueling defeat in the series, but he took it in stride.

What I'm saying here though, and my main point, is Bernie would have won.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

I just skimmed the posts where he came clean and it wasn't anything that dramatic:

Basically, unlike every lovely troll that ever lived, he knew how to quit at a high point.
TT was a treasure. "Purestrain gold" is still one of the funniest things ever..

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Jeff Sichoe posted:

when i was a kid drinking beers I peed in a beer bottle but obviously the human bladder is bigger than 330ml so the bottle overflowed and I couldn't stop peeing so I jammed my penis-head against the top of the bottle but it was more like putting your finger on the end of a hose and piss just sprayed loving everywhere

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

This is what 40s are for. Plus everyone expects malt liquor to taste awful and people are usually pretty hosed up at that point anyway, so you can easily trick someone you don't like into drinking it. :thumbsup:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Constipation Girlfriend needs to meet Math Girlfriend so they can work it out together with a pencil.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Oxxidation posted:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait, what? Way to go, Oxx, why don't you tell me Santa isn't real next :sigh:.

Noooooooo I wanted to believe
I mean it makes sense in retrospect though
Avshalom is absurdly funny and has a cute dog.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

This wasn't funny, but there was a goon posting about his wife's recovery from a traumatic brain injury in GBS earlier this year. He ended up locking the thread after a couple months. Anyone hear from him lately?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Puppy Galaxy posted:

This wasn't funny, but there was a goon posting about his wife's recovery from a traumatic brain injury in GBS earlier this year. He ended up locking the thread after a couple months. Anyone hear from him lately?

traumatic injury to the brain, now she says orb & tane.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

I was out drinking with some of the other Bangkok goons as we are wont to do when one of the 140 teachers we had on staff recognized me and decided to hangout. I could barely even remember who this guy was but he got it into his head that one of my goon friends needed to get laid immediately. So he got his phone out and called in one of the girls he knows. He told this goon not to worry, that he'd pay for everything, and to just enjoy himself. My friend panicked, and being a goon, had no idea how to get himself out of the situation.

So he did the first most logical thing that popped into his brain.

He punched me in the face.

The girl at this point wanted nothing to do with the crazy violent farang and the teacher figuring he was paying for it anyway took the girl and left.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Puppy Galaxy posted:

The goon's name was 'FAN OF NICKELBACK' or something like that

I hope for the best, and expect the worst

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

you had 2 triples

what the gently caress did you think would happen

e: you ate basically 6 cheeseburgers wtf

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Anyone have the very surreal quote about Obama growing tall and striding impassively across the land, and the Muslims live on the moon?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

When was this discovered/revealed? Anybody got a link?

(Or just PYF Otterman quotes, as I can never Get Enough).

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Rough Lobster posted:

Anyone have the very surreal quote about Obama growing tall and striding impassively across the land, and the Muslims live on the moon?

It's a SuperMechaGodzilla quote

SuperMechaGodzilla posted:

12:05 PM eastern standard time, the Muslims have vanished. Check for yourself if you don't believe me. Where have they gone to?

There is speculation, of course. Scientists mention a cosmic storm that passed the Earth on January 20. A man says they are all in caves. Certain groups lament a faulty Rapture. A woman says he has taken their power and absorbed it into himself. She means Barack Obama. I doubt it, but he does seem somehow taller. The ground rumbles at times. The breaking news says WASHINGTON DC, with red concentric circles. I'm uneasy, but what can we do? Terror is defeated and if Obama were a Muslim, he'd be just as gone as them. There's no cause for alarm.

Within months, Barack Obama has declared a war on vague unease. It's a good idea, because frankly we could all use some peace of mind. Approval rating is higher than ever now that the Muslims had left, but I don't think we are happy yet. His eyes are shining sometimes, as a deer's eyes shine in a flashlight beam. Small fissures criss-cross the pavement. Trees are swaying, but the breeze is gone. Something is changing in our world.

Aeroplanes don't exist anymore. Scientists explain that the density of the air is too low to support their wings. Then how do we breathe?! We should have died by now, but I think we are evolving. Our bodies haven't changed, but the atmosphere..

One man says it was the rapture after all, and we have since entered the Kingdom of God. Barack is now the size of an oak tree. He sleeps outside since the rains have ceased, and his skin is thick to bullets. Now he wanders through he countryside impassively. He ignores a rural photo-op. He studies a leaf for twenty days. Only a fool would call this Heaven.

Satellites fall to earth like rain used to. No friction burns them away, so we trudge past countless flecks of solar panel and ribbons of golden cloth. It's a silent car crash every few hours, though cars themselves no longer run. No oxygen remains to ignite their fuel. Obama strides across the landscape, taller than the Freedom Tower. We've given up on assassination; all men are immortal now, and guns no longer fire.

I'm starting to wish the Muslims were back.

We found them with a telescope. Images of a colony on the right side of the moon. See the parts that jut from the lower right? I think they're mosques. Soon they are visible to the naked eye, but how? Their cities are enormous. We watch them as they live and die. They have our former atmosphere; the moon is fringed with blue. "Look at how they wield their guns," writes a man. "I always said he'd take our guns away." They eat and sleep like we once did, building worthless ziggurats. We have everything we wanted, but oh how we envy their strife!

It's long been clear that Obama brought this uncomfortable perfection upon us, but I can't bring myself to blame him for it. He's reminded us all of how our lives had been discarded out of fear. I know now why he grows each day. In time, when we are ready he will reach out into space. He will raise us up in his great hand, to this new Earth that gleams like a frozen star. And if Obama does not carry us, we can climb...

Link to a previous quote thread cause it's all I can find:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3662147&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post434511415

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Powaqoatse posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3662147&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post434511415

Man, I forgot how beautiful that post is. And eerie.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Chichevache posted:

Man, I forgot how beautiful that post is. And eerie.

It's fantastic, that fatalist narration of a world going how they wanted but also not at all how they wanted.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Fuuuuuuuck you're good.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Amazing

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid posted:

Ahh, yes. Star Trek politik. Conveniently it comes right about the time somebody would have to furnish proof that the Russians hacked us. "Uhhh, quick! Make a Trek reference! HaHAHA" In truth, that was the only way this thread really could have ended. Not with a bang, but with a sperg.

Stay true to form, nerds. This thread is about liberal tears. If you must talk about Star Trek, why don't you cry about how Mr. Worf only got a ship for three minutes in a bad movie and it got blown up?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Did someone already post this?

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

Baron von Eevl posted:

This is what 40s are for. Plus everyone expects malt liquor to taste awful and people are usually pretty hosed up at that point anyway, so you can easily trick someone you don't like into drinking it. :thumbsup:

Speaking of 40's I'd like to share my favorite wikipedia picture. The links in the description really make it for me.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Powaqoatse posted:

It's fantastic, that fatalist narration of a world going how they wanted but also not at all how they wanted.

I remember many such short stories were written after Obama was elected, I'm pretty sure I remember one where Obama and all journalists at a press conference start turning into aquatic mammals or something like that. There may have been a front page article about it

e: found it but SuperMechaGodzilla's isn't in it

hackbunny has a new favorite as of 02:20 on Dec 11, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Goddamnit wrong thread.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
E: He edited his out so I'll do the same.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

Powaqoatse posted:

Holy god, what a masterwork.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bibliotechno Music posted:

When was this discovered/revealed? Anybody got a link?

(Or just PYF Otterman quotes, as I can never Get Enough).

It's something a lot of the ladythread crew knew because a fair number of us are also text message buddies and stuff.

Anyway,

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

If Edward had any balls at all, he've reminded the Church just why they're independant from the Pope.

Rutibex posted:

That wouldn't work. Any time a royal get uppity the prime minister summons them into his office, and brings out the preserved head of Charles I to show them.

Bobby Digital posted:

The last prime minister used it in a very different way.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

i would be happier if TCC was closed down, the idea that there is a forum that you can watch people slowly decline in life quality until they end up addicted to hard drugs is really disturbing to me and hurts my soul. people say there is funny stuff that comes out of it but that is very rare compared to how usually it is just filled with drawn out sad stories. i have lost a few friends to addictions so i am biased in this matter but i would just figure i weigh in. no particular care towards the goon doctor, to me as long as people respect the rule that people there are not actual doctors giving professional medical advice it seems alright if a little weird

drilldo squirt posted:

I have to agree, tcc is more horrifying than funny.

pog boyfriend posted:

gently caress off. now that drilldo squirt agrees with me i think the drug forum is good. keep it around. gently caress

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Spite as always been my favourite of the sins.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

I'd love to adapt this into an Eraserhead remake, even the subtext of this grody story is perfect for a modern retelling

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Grandmother of Five posted:

i absolutely love when bad rear end internet guys does the; you must be real fun at parties or in real life putdown. i imagine that a whole lot of goons must have some kind of idea of real life being a place where everyone greets each other by joyfully shooting automaatic rifles in the air, and a party being a place where people bring their automatic rifules in order to talk about how disgusting fat people are and laugh it up about the newest mt. everestt death toll numbers

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I need the quote that was a savage response to that dumbass Normandy landing "Male Privilege" image macro shared by MRA dipshits. It basically summarizes World War II and how men were involved at every point, and it ends with something like, "basically, what I'm trying to say is it's all women's fault."

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Hazo posted:

I need the quote that was a savage response to that dumbass Normandy landing "Male Privilege" image macro shared by MRA dipshits. It basically summarizes World War II and how men were involved at every point, and it ends with something like, "basically, what I'm trying to say is it's all women's fault."

quote:

Hey, I remember that. That was when those men voted for that man who appointed those men who killed those men (because our men did bad things to their men because their men killed our men and other men because someone shot a man) and the men seized the land owned by other men (wash and repeat) and the men who were buds with our men were like "help" and the men were like "no" and these other eastern men killed our men so our men killed their men and also those original men were dicks so our men killed their men and like a loving shitload of Russian men died too killing those men and the men in charge were voted for by the men who could vote and the men supported the men killing because those other men had to die and so lots of men died for those other men until the bad men were dead and the men in charge split up the land of the bad men for the personal and political gain of the winning men and men in suits were locked in a secret war with the other men who won who were once allies and, well, I guess what I'm getting at is that it's all women's fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Thanks pal