Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

From my experience it's not a real family BBQ unless someone shits their pants, but it's usually grandpa and he doesn't do it on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Dear women of Reddit. If your "vag" smells of onions, perhaps it's time to wash regularly or seek a medical professional.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Captain Yossarian posted:

I think those sonograms are creepy

Oh for sure if it's not your baby or a baby you care about it's not thrilling and a little weird. But that persons reaction is far weirder

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
If your vag smells like onions, I hear a little bit of hot water, beef bullion, a couple carrots and a potato jammed in there will clear it right up.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Baby, you got a stew going!

E: content

My [f30] BIL [m16] stole his Mom's [f50] panties and mine and did things to them NSFW

quote:

Details changed for privacy.

Been married to my SO for 5 years now, everything on that front is great, so it's not about our relationship. I get along well with his family too. My BIL [m16] is a large football player with some aggression (i.e. gets in fights at school, threatens to kick people's asses, tries to fight my SO...).

Last year, my in-law's niece [f20s?], who was living with my in-laws, noticed her laundry would go missing from the machines. specifically, it was her panties that would disappear. Eventually, my MIL [f50s] found the missing undergarments under my BIL's bed. They were obviously used for masterbation purposes. My MIL and FIL [m50s] spoke to my BIL and he apologized and it was chalked up to raging teen hormones and blah blah blah, he said he would never do it again. Cousin no longer left her laundry unattended in the machines, yet panties still went missing. She ended up buying a lock for her door because she suspected that BIL was sneaking into her room to take them. She ended up moving out of their home over this situation and has remained low contact with my in-laws. At this point, my in-laws were very apologetic and embarrassed. They have respected her wishes to remain LC but still reach out on holidays and such.

Some months passed before my MIL noticed her panties were also missing and again, found with obvious signs of ejaculation. Cue uncomfortable conversations between in-laws and my SO's brother. From what I was told, he had no remorse and was not even embarrassed to get caught. I mean, this is his own mother. MIL now keeps her door locked with a key and must sit in the laundry room when washing clothes so that he has no chance to steal them.

Now, our in-laws stayed at our home Thanksgiving evening because we had all been drinking. My husband and I made sure our door stayed locked, however, I forgot about a pile of laundry still sitting in the dryer. Obviously, this was a slip on my part, but I'm sure you can guess what happened.

I have never seen my husband so upset. I thought he was going to cause physical harm to his younger brother. He even reminded me that our firearms are within reach if I feel threatened in any way (BIL is a large, sometimes aggressive kid and I am rather small). My SO was concerned with my safety and said he wouldn't put it past his brother to get physical. In-laws were mortified. My SO and my in-laws had a conversation with him about it AGAIN. I had to leave the room because he just did not seem to care in the least, it was making me uncomfortable.

Anyway, I don't know what to do. Christmas is coming up and we usually stay with them for a day or two before heading to see my family. I mean, we could stay in a hotel, however, that doesn't fix the situation. What if this escalates? What about my poor MIL? I feel terrible for her to have to live like that in her own home. She admitted to me that she keeps a baseball bat next to her at night, just in case. She's also scared it will escalate and get physical.

What should we do as a family to combat this situation?

To add, BIL goes to therapy once a month but even getting to show up is like pulling teeth and often brings out his aggression, so he doesn't go often and my in-laws can't afford any more sessions than that.

Edit: details
tl;dr: Teen BIL has history of stealing panties of family members in order to use for masterbation. It hit a boiling point when he stole my panties. He is aggressive and doesn't care that he gets caught. What to do?

:stonk:

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
You're supposed to have one in the oven, not on the stove!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Just go commando for a few days, I guess.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

WampaLord posted:

My [f30] BIL [m16] stole his Mom's [f50] panties and mine and did things to them NSFW

This kid is going to rape someone one day.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
That sounds like break into the sorority and murder one of them type behaviour

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

remigious posted:

Just go commando for a few days, I guess.

This would solve the problem for OP specifically, as well as making the visit a little more fun in general, but wouldn't really solve it for anyone else unless they literally purge all underwear from their house

which the little fucker would probably enjoy just as much

e: wait, just noticed they were at the OP's house, nevermind, doesn't work unless the OP swears off underwear for good

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

WampaLord posted:

emancipate the kid and call the police

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

just eat some onions and sick a clove of garlic up there.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Add some celery and carrots and you have yourself a mirepoix

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i don't think the vagina is a good place to have a stew in

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if you hate children why the gently caress would you go to disneyland

"bf scared of dogs, i got tickets to the dog show. advise?"

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

big time bisexual posted:

this thread started out innocuously but these comments... :gonk:

REAL TALK: Don't loving do this or you will end up with garlic burns. Burns in your vagina. Don't do this, seriously.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
When I first learned about r/childfree I assumed that most of the bitterness came from women who feel unfair social pressure to have children by the time they hit their mid to late 20s. When you actually read the r/childfree stories you start to realize that while this undoubtedly plays a role the real dynamic here is that most of these people are basically children themselves. They want to go to Disneyland, screenings of children's films, book launches for young adult fiction like Harry Potter, they want to eat at garbage fastfood places like McDonalds, etc. and yet they feel aggrieved when they have to interact with children in these venues and are even sometimes *gasp* expected to given children preferential treatment when it comes to activities designed for children.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

boner confessor posted:

if you hate children why the gently caress would you go to disneyland

"bf scared of dogs, i got tickets to the dog show. advise?"

There are a TON of grown rear end adults that go to Disneyland without kids apparently (simply referred to as 'Disney' by affictionados). My friend and his wife are like this, they go all the time though they have kids now. They let us use their time share so my wife and I could go one year as a gift. My wife never went as a kid, so at least she could experience it for the first time.

Going as adults is fine, but it really is more about experiencing with kids. Given the fact that there are kids everywhere, acting in typical kid like ways (running around, yelling/crying, etc) going without kids just feels like going to an overpriced theme park. I feel like there are other theme parks that are more fun as just adults out there.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My dad is obsessed with Disney World to the extent that his 60th birthday present to himself was to go to Disney World again for the first time since my sister and I were kids, can confirm

That said if you are going there and do not like having to see or have small interactions with children you are not only doing Disney World wrong but you are not the target audience. My wife and I were invited on this trip, and we went, but my sister and her husband didn't come because they knew there would be too many kids. I was flabbergasted.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Helsing posted:

When I first learned about r/childfree I assumed that most of the bitterness came from women who feel unfair social pressure to have children by the time they hit their mid to late 20s. When you actually read the r/childfree stories you start to realize that while this undoubtedly plays a role the real dynamic here is that most of these people are basically children themselves. They want to go to Disneyland, screenings of children's films, book launches for young adult fiction like Harry Potter, they want to eat at garbage fastfood places like McDonalds, etc. and yet they feel aggrieved when they have to interact with children in these venues and are even sometimes *gasp* expected to given children preferential treatment when it comes to activities designed for children.

It is a combination of simultaneously wanting all the social advantages of them getting to be like a child and all the privileges of being an adult.

The existence of children in their manchild spaces kind of shatters their naive assumption they can do both of these without problems. Overly competing with children makes them look incredibly immature, and their defensiveness and projection in regards to other adults makes it look like they don't even try to be adults about the whole thing.

It makes me wonder about their own childhoods. Were they so nostalgic for them they stay in that state? Or maybe they are developmentally delayed and never felt the confidence of fitting in as a 'real' adult when they were older?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Panfilo posted:

There are a TON of grown rear end adults that go to Disneyland without kids apparently (simply referred to as 'Disney' by affictionados). My friend and his wife are like this, they go all the time though they have kids now. They let us use their time share so my wife and I could go one year as a gift. My wife never went as a kid, so at least she could experience it for the first time.

Going as adults is fine, but it really is more about experiencing with kids. Given the fact that there are kids everywhere, acting in typical kid like ways (running around, yelling/crying, etc) going without kids just feels like going to an overpriced theme park. I feel like there are other theme parks that are more fun as just adults out there.

Can confirm as an adult that's made 3 Disney World trips recently with my girlfriend. Some parks, specifically Epcot during the food and wine festival, are definitely geared towards adults and it's pretty awesome. I'll admit that even at the Magic Kingdom when doing "kids rides" it's annoying if a kid is literally screaming the whole time or the parents whip out their phone to take pictures the whole time, but I can't imagine yelling at them. Then again I have autismo and would be afraid to speak in general. Point being, there's a line between being retardedly amazed at all the "crotch fruit" in a place full of families and still expecting parents to not let them go absolutely wild in public. If I'm at a "sit down" restaurant, even at Disney, I'll start to get a little pissed if the table next to me has kids yelling and running around. At least the nicest restaurant at Disney did wise up and actually prohibits kids under 10.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:agreed: World Showcase was the worst part of Disney World when I was a kid and the best part of Disney World as an adult

Partly because I care less about sweet Disney references as an adult, partly because cool facts and cultural tidbits from other countries are cooler when you're an adult, and partly because you can get tons of awesome booze there

and yeah also it's the best food in the park

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Panfilo posted:

im not talking about adults going to disney without kids. adults can be children at heart and enjoy disney stuff

i'm talking about adults who actively dislike children and get anxious around children going to disney, which is like a swirling vortex of excited children being loud and their parents tolerating it because it's a special occasion. i can't think of a worse place for childfree types except, like, a maternity ward or something

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 7, 2016

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I've never been to Disneyworld but do remember sitting in some overpriced BBQ place in magic Kingdom where there was what seemed like 300 kids running around with BBQ sauce glazed hands grabbing everything in reach, it was noisy from all the kids, and yet I kind of shrugged to myself and figured "what did I expect at a kids theme park?" The steakhouse in the Disney Resort hotel however didn't have any kids in it that evening and was the best filet mingion I've ever had. But the breakfast buffet the next morning was teeming with them, however that was expected.

The funny thing is in real life I've known far more people who love kids and being around them, just can't /won't have kids themselves for various reasons. Conversely the people I see most openly hostile to kids in public have kids themselves (and insist their own kids would NEVER dare do [thing] unlike those brats)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

if you like rides but hate children, why not go to vegas, rather than a pilgramage to evil mouse mecca

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Technically correct man posted:
An elementary school cafeteria, a pediatricians office, and, apparently, Guam :shrug:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

well why not posted:

if you like rides but hate children, why not go to vegas, rather than a pilgramage to evil mouse mecca

These are the same people who think gambling/Vegas in general is a colossal waste of money.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Ratjaculation posted:

You need to open up your relationship with the couch and let other furniture into your lives

I'm going to cuck this couch.

Also we should get a love seat.

quote:

and pet the cat again pls

This one's old.

But I just took these two mere moments ago.

:petdog:

C-SPAN Caller posted:

How do I find one and date them instead of just lucking into it like this girl did

I guess you gotta join an adventuring party or something.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 7, 2016

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

Bonzo posted:

/ChildFree reminds me of some post, either here or elsewhere, where some guy took his little girl to see a My Little Pony movie and had to leave because the theater was full of Bronies berating them.

Where is that post from. It sounds horrifying but I really want to read it.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

darkwasthenight posted:

REAL TALK: Don't loving do this or you will end up with garlic burns. Burns in your vagina. Don't do this, seriously.

But there's already roast beef and onions down there. I was just trying to help. :(

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

darkwasthenight posted:

This is fear mongering. Garlic cannot burn as it is not a pepper and contains no capsaicin. Stuff away!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

fruit on the bottom posted:

This is fear mongering. Garlic cannot burn as it is not a pepper and contains no capsaicin. Stuff away!

Neither does ginger but you don't want to leave that on you mucous membranes

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Neither does ginger but you don't want to leave that on you mucous membranes

You don't enjoy a good figging every now and then?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Not responding to any specific post but does anyone use the phrase "SO" outside of Reddit? I never really hear it.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Jenner posted:

Okay, look. I didn't want to do this but enough is enough. I have borderline personality disorder and I am not a terrible loving monster. (loving awful poster though. :v:) I'm kinda fed up with biting my tongue and staying silent whIle people just condemn and vilify people like me as toxic people unworthy of love or dispassionate remorseless jackasses or dangerous unpredictable powder kegs or whatever. I'm not going to pretend it's nbd and that everything is loving amazing. I know we're challenging. I know it's difficult sometimes. I've lived it. This is my life. There is no cure. There have been times when I have hurt people I care about and I feel incredible guilt over it.

But I got treatment. I went to therapy and I got medicated. I'm near constantly working on myself and trying to improve. I still struggle. I am always fighting with this mental illness and I've had lapses but it has gotten much better. People enjoy being around me. They can lower their guard. They like having me around. I'm not dangerous and I'm worthy of love.

I can't stop goons from being goons so I don't even know what I'm looking for here but damnit someone needs to say something.

Sorry for the loving E/N derail but please loving realize that the mentally ill are loving people just like you.

"Lol, nice meltdown etc." Whatever. I know.

Jesus, gently caress me.

:sigh:

I'm sorry, Jenner. That was really uncool of me. I also struggle with mental illness and should have known better.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

not only did you buy a terrible couch, you bought it from west elm???

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

sout posted:

Not responding to any specific post but does anyone use the phrase "SO" outside of Reddit? I never really hear it.

It's used in office emails like our winter party that says "you can bring your SO". It's a lot better that dipshit message boards filled with old people where they abbreviate "dear [relation] [age]" and then use it as a noun twenty times in their loving post.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I [21 F] want a guinea pig, my boyfriend [21 M] doesn't want one. We live separately. What do I do?

quote:

First of all, I feel like I'm being pretty whiny and a bit bitchy about this all, but I want to know how others view this. (I had a messed up childhood so lots of times I don't know if I'm being reasonable ore not).
My boyfriend, Peter (not his real name) loves playing video games, A LOT. I spend most of my time after school at his house. We pretty much never go over to my house, because my bed isn't that comfy (it really isn't) and his computer isn't there. Also, his house doesn't allow pets so the piggies would be living at my house.

Anyways, I've been wanting a guinea pig for AGES. I had them as a kid, I've had bunnies, I know how to take care of them. My roommates are okay with me having a piggie or two, as long as they get to have free cuddles and they get to name them. My boyfriends argument for me not getting them is that I wouldn't be spending much time at his place because of this. However, he plays HOURS upon HOURS of video games and wants me there while he plays. This makes me SO annoyed, because I don't have much to do and want to do my own thing. If I have plans with friends, then all is good, but I just HATE spending time in his room while he's playing games. He doesn't want me to leave and go to my place if he does. He also rarely makes plans with his friends. I know it's a hobby, and I know he loves it. I know he's allowed to play them and its not a biggie, but it still bugs me because I feel like I can't do anything but watch Netflix and sew (and who want's to do that for 3-6 hours a day?). I think having piggies will help me mentally, would give me things to do while he goes playing his games and wouldn't make me angry at him all the time and we only live down the street from one another. I could take care of them and spend time with them while he plays games. I think this makes perfect sense, but he wants me with him 24/7...even if he's not spending quality time with me and vice versa.

Pretty much I feel like I'm always waiting for him to be free from his video games and it makes me antsy and frustrated and I KNOW that just going down the block and spending time with the guinea pigs would make it all work out for me. He also tend to blame me (unless he's actually played for over 6 hours) for being annoyed when he plays.

I just thinks this would solve everything, give me a bit more time to be my own person and not have me be annoyed with him when he plays games. How do I convince him that we would still be speniding time together, even if I were to have piggies? Should I just go get them without debating it more with him? Am I overreacting? What do I do?

Thank you!

tl;dr: Bf is an avid video-gamer, I want to get a guinea pig or two that I can spend time with at my house with while he plays his games at his house. He's agianst this because he thinks I'd be spenidng less time with him. What do I do?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

not only did you buy a terrible couch, you bought it from west elm???

I have an ailment that causes me to bounce from relationship-to-relationship. In each one, I eventually compel my partner, against her desires and hopes, to open the relationship. When I'm sick of getting cucked, I move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Can we get some happy stories for a change?

Here's one I found in the archives here. The paranormal/conspiracy board was a christmas RSF back in 2008:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3034656

I can copy-paste this if people don't have archives. (PS buy archives)