Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Well Twilight is Near Dark :mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Erebus posted:

I understand why they felt the need to do this, but I still hate it.

Barf.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

caligulamprey posted:

Just as bad as what they did to Near Dark, post-Twilight:

Which is appropriate, considering that Fifty Shades of Grey is what EL James did to Twilight.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Have you guys seriously never seen Near Dark and understand why that poster is so laughable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufcsS9E-JVs

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

There are like a million posters of The Simpsons marathon on FX for some reason.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Those posters have more creativity in them than has been put into The Simpsons for the last 20 years.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I just see Dickbutt there.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
600 episodes, 200 good ones.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually REALLY want to meet the huge Twilight fan who was tricked into buying Near Dark by that cover. Like, kudos for that absurd bit of advertising bullshit.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I wonder where the Simpsons would be as a cultural thing today if they had ended in 2000. What's the balance between existing as nostalgic perfection for people of a certain age but fading after, vs. continuing across generations for 20 more years but with many (including those who would otherwise be nostalgic for it) having nothing to say except 'it's bad now'. And when it does end, will the long lifetime act against it for new generations that might be curious?

In 40 years, if it's still syndicated I wonder how the large variance in quality will be viewed/handled if at all.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Electromax posted:

I wonder where the Simpsons would be as a cultural thing today if they had ended in 2000. What's the balance between existing as nostalgic perfection for people of a certain age but fading after, vs. continuing across generations for 20 more years but with many (including those who would otherwise be nostalgic for it) having nothing to say except 'it's bad now'. And when it does end, will the long lifetime act against it for new generations that might be curious?

In 40 years, if it's still syndicated I wonder how the large variance in quality will be viewed/handled if at all.

Ask your parents how they feel about SNL, I suppose, assuming they liked it when it first started.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I actually REALLY want to meet the huge Twilight fan who was tricked into buying Near Dark by that cover. Like, kudos for that absurd bit of advertising bullshit.

David Cronenberg said that he met a few Twilight fans who watched Cosmopolis because of Robert Pattinson. He also said they love the movie.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

Red Christmas
Jingle Hells
Away in a Mangler
Jingle Hell Rock
I Saw Mommy Killing Santa Claus
Silver Hells
O Come All Ye Frightful
We Wish You a Scary Christmas
Santa Claus is Coming to Town(but in a scary way)

Grandma got Run Over by a Reindeer?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

got any sevens posted:

Grandma got Run Over by a Reindeer?

That's already the scariest movie, though Cartoon Network has shown incredible restraint in only showing it twice since Thanksgiving.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Lobok posted:

Ask your parents how they feel about SNL, I suppose, assuming they liked it when it first started.

My dad loved the original SNL and he loves Kate McKinnon now.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BlueBayou posted:

Your dad sounds like mine. He think McKinnon is the funniest female cast member since Gilda. His favorite sketch of hers is the UFO abduction one (which is pretty drat funny).

He's also said that people don't remember that the original SNL was just as hit or miss as it is today, people just tend to forget the stinkers.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BlueBayou posted:

Ah well I guess your parents are cooler than most. All I ever hear from older people is praise for the SNL yesteryear.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

flosofl posted:

Your dad sounds like mine. He think McKinnon is the funniest female cast member since Gilda. His favorite sketch of hers is the UFO abduction one (which is pretty drat funny).

He's also said that people don't remember that the original SNL was just as hit or miss as it is today, people just tend to forget the stinkers.

"Man I loved that Joe Piscopo Ebony and Ivory song!"

not

"Man I remember how many Joe Piscopo sketches were dogshit."

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

flosofl posted:

I have not missed watching an episode since it started and he speaks the truth. McKinnon is a goddamn treasure.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The actual peak for SNL was in the late 90s when you could get a good ol' Roxybury sketch and a Celebrity Jeopardy bit in the same episode. And Norm as the host of Weekend Update.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
We're like 5 movies into the series at this point and Jovovich is the key to the whole thing, the unquestioned star of the franchise. Do we really need to be inflating her chest on the poster anymore?

I suppose its a little creepy that I'm even noticing but I mean come on, is it really necessary?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So everyone is now ripping off this style?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yes, the groin-cone is all the rage now.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Waffleman_ posted:

That's already the scariest movie, though Cartoon Network has shown incredible restraint in only showing it twice since Thanksgiving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Hm8Hqp0ys

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Welcome to the family, son.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Basebf555 posted:

We're like 5 movies into the series at this point and Jovovich is the key to the whole thing, the unquestioned star of the franchise. Do we really need to be inflating her chest on the poster anymore?

I suppose its a little creepy that I'm even noticing but I mean come on, is it really necessary?

Yes

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUmvSt3rESk

They're really taking Resident Evil in new directions.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

MrBling posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUmvSt3rESk

They're really taking Resident Evil in new directions.

I support this

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Basebf555 posted:

That was my first thought too. She's been a sex symbol with tiny tits for 20 years, it's pretty bizarre to give her an entirely different body shape on the poster.

Also, is this series Ali Larter's only source of income at this point? It seems possible

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

That was my first thought too. She's been a sex symbol with tiny tits for 20 years, it's pretty bizarre to give her an entirely different body shape on the poster.

Also, is this series Ali Larter's only source of income at this point? It seems possible

She had a fairly prominent role in Heroes, so that'll keep the bank balance ticking over nicely, and is on a show called Pitch on Fox about a girl playing baseball or something.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

I seem to remember the filming beginning not long after she gave birth.

Anyway, here is Affleck on a chair.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I thought they weren't allowed to point guns at people? Is that why it looks all hosed up?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

The MSJ posted:

I seem to remember the filming beginning not long after she gave birth.

Anyway, here is Affleck on a chair.

New Batman movie lookin' weird.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
From the director of Argo and The Town.

You may know him as Ben Affleck, starring in this here movie!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

GonSmithe posted:

I thought they weren't allowed to point guns at people? Is that why it looks all hosed up?

That's clearly Batman's grappling gun.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Joe was never actually a good man :colbert:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

There was one SNL sketch in the mid-90s that parodied the Joan Rivers talk show, but instead of Joan Rivers it was a skeleton in a wig and at the end the skeleton's head popped off. I laughed until I threw up. I'm 90% certain Joan was doing the voice, too.

Also: I see every Resident Evil film opening night and I am jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzed for the new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

From the director of Argo and The Town.

You may know him as Ben Affleck, starring in this here movie!

It was really funny how Hacksaw Ridge trailers and posters tried to go out of their way to avoid actually saying that Mel Gibson directed it.