Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

boner confessor posted:

i hate this idea that there's a "math mind". oh sorry i dont have a "reading mind", books and me don't get along haha. like words, who understands those except for turbospergs who can't get laid am i right

I mean, I am using that to mean someone who has the ability/interest/background, not like genetic or anything. I can't draw for poo poo and not super interested in all the stuff that goes into art so I'd fail out of any college level art class. Some people have a tough time with trying to dissect literature, some people are really bad at putting equations together. I don't think it means someone is therefore stupid at everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I thought Walmart stopped hiring greeters entirely a few years ago to cut labor costs but I don't remember where I read that

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Fullhouse posted:

I thought Walmart stopped hiring greeters entirely a few years ago to cut labor costs but I don't remember where I read that

they still have people standing by the door to check receipts in real life though

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fullhouse posted:

they did but walmart's extreme cost cutting is part of what led them to be literal thieves' dens so the greeters are back among other changes

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Pick posted:

It's fairly common among people with eating disorders because the poop gets extremely dehydrated and hard, and palpitation does become necessary.

To me, this is the kind of bowel movement you have once in your life and immediately loving turn everything around to keep it from ever happening again. How do you reach the point where you're goatse'ing yourself just to go to the bathroom and thinking 'this is fine'?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Naerasa posted:

To me, this is the kind of bowel movement you have once in your life and immediately loving turn everything around to keep it from ever happening again. How do you reach the point where you're goatse'ing yourself just to go to the bathroom and thinking 'this is fine'?

literally mental illness. eating disorders are serious business

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Naerasa posted:

I've had a lot of abdominal surgery, with a lot of pain killers, and the only time it ever got remotely to that point (and I had recently had surgery on my bowels to boot) I went to the loving doctor to get it taken care of and started taking all the fiber, all the time, forever.

I started reflexively curling up over my stomach when I read it, uggggh.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I'm pretty sure I read something in the gross-yet-compelling nurse stories thread that making a habit of pulling your poo poo out manually weakens the muscles responsible for squeezing it out of you from disuse, and I don't think there are any exercises you can do to get them swole again :v:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I refuse to believe that nobody has invented butthole kegel exercises

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

SatansOnion posted:

I'm pretty sure I read something in the gross-yet-compelling nurse stories thread that making a habit of pulling your poo poo out manually weakens the muscles responsible for squeezing it out of you from disuse, and I don't think there are any exercises you can do to get them swole again :v:

I bet if you have sex with a lot of men it'll help.

Or maybe it won't, but you'll still get to have sex with a lot of men.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I'm not gonna lie that was freaky just reading about. If my bf did something like that I don't know if I'd be able to handle it. :stare: Like surely more fiber, or liberal use of laxatives, would be better than reaching in there pulling your poo poo out. Like at that point is it a fetish thing?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If your pooping muscles atrophy from disuse, I don't get how using them a lot (by going cold-turkey on pulling your poop out with your hands) wouldn't build them back up again

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

SatansOnion posted:

People with spinal injuries have to have this done on a regular basis.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Clocks posted:

I'm not gonna lie that was freaky just reading about. If my bf did something like that I don't know if I'd be able to handle it. :stare: Like surely more fiber, or liberal use of laxatives, would be better than reaching in there pulling your poo poo out. Like at that point is it a fetish thing?

If you haven't ever had the urge, you've never been so constipated that death seems preferable.

Cause laxatives? They don't really work for the worst cases. You get runny diarrhea trapped behind a boulder of dessicated poo poo.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Bonzo posted:

People with spinal injuries have to have this done on a regular basis.

I am somehow more fine with a medical professional doing this to someone than with someone doing this to themselves, sometimes with random objects.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

loquacius posted:

My [29/F] fiance's [32/M] ex-girlfriend [35?/F] texted him "Are you sure you want to get married?"

My wife had a few exes contact her during our engagement to try and talk her out of it. It was bizarre. Each time she politely declined to even have the conversation and told them that it wasn't their concern. She also had two "nice guy" friends. One called her a cold hearted bitch for marrying someone he (the 'it's my job to protect you' thing) doesn't even know and the other told me that if I hurt her, he would hurt me and would be with her to take care of her.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
Ack, and about 3/4 of the responses in the poop thread are all "human bodies can be weird and everyone has different routines. If she doesn't visibly have poo poo on her fingers, NBD!"

What the gently caress.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

quote:

First time being asked about my weight meaning baby and not fat after being sterilized
So I've gained 50 pounds in two years because I'm a fluctuator in general and have been for years. I was talking to a male coworker about my recent swimsuit purchase to fluctuate back down because it's time and his response was "well didn't you have a baby?" So I said "no I got sterilized!" He said "oh I'm so sorry" which resulted in my usual rant about not wanting them and he started bingoing so I told him I'm childfree and sterilized and my boyfriend is childfree also and just acted as happy as I could about it and he walked away as quickly as he could. In the past I would have broken down in tears but now that I'm in a childfree relationship with a man who plans on getting clipped soon I just felt happy I could 100% defend myself with that and my tubes being gone. I've vented about this stuff on Facebook and with my friends for years and they always tell me enough is enough so I'm posting here instead and I hope that's ok.
Fighting this fight with the finite answer of being irreversibly sterilized and having a cf boyfriend made all the difference in the world. I think I can handle the resistance finally when it used to just destroy me.
:laffo:

I'm not a body shamer or anything but the combo is just too perfect

e: Also

quote:

Is Pregnancy a Good Excuse to Break Continuity in Film/TV?
The more I read articles talking about The Walking Dead's Alanna Masterson "firing back" in Instagram at people who have criticized her for being out of shape on the show after giving birth, the more it starts to bother me a little bit...I know I risk being pounced on, just like everyone else has, for daring to criticize a woman who both chose to become an actress and also chose to become pregnant while in production, but...does anyone else share my point of view?
I'm not into fat shaming - I'm not anyone's definition of thin, myself. On the other hand, I'm not a Hollywood actress making a poo poo tonne of money to play a character that's supposed to be near starving during a zombie apocalypse. I remember being pretty impressed at how production managed to cover up AM's pregnancy during the show, and I thought she looked great all the while! Now, though, she's broken continuity for her character by appearing in the episode "Swear" a few weeks ago while still out of shape, and it's caused a lot of negativity, fat comments and the like. Could production not have avoided this by having waited a few months longer to shoot this episode, so she'd have had more time to get back in shape? Could they not at least have trussed her up a bit better so the extra weight would not have been so evident?
I'm trying to be fair to her, but I have to wonder if she's tossed this argument in her Instagram rant of, "Oh, you're just a bunch of trolls who like to pick on poor women who have just had baybees" to distract from kind of looking like another entitled mombie who's let herself go. She made the commitment to her job as an on-screen actress before deciding to become pregnant - but instead of honoring her commitment - is now outraged that people don't like how she's broken the illusion of being a starving survivor, out on the road for supplies, thanks to the effect pregnancy has had on her body. Don't normal people in the real world get fired, or at least disciplined for failing to perform the duties they were hired to do? How different is this excuse from the new mawm who is using her baby as an excuse to underperform or screw over other people in her office?
I hope instead of seeing red and lashing out at me as if I'm in it just to fat-shame her can understand that I don't take issue with a woman who has recently given birth struggling to shed the baby weight. It's what comes with the territory a lot of the time. It's the fact that Alanna Masterson is a professional actress - an occupation that makes her face and body highly visible - who was hired to play a particular role, and I feel should be held to some consistency to the production she committed to BEFORE making the choice to alter her body in a way that would be very noticeable, if not impossible to completely recover from.
I didn't post this trying to start a fight - it's not a hill I want to die on, it's just my opinion, and something I've been thinking about since the episode sparked some backlash (including the actress's own, via Instagram), and I'm wondering if anyone else agrees. All opinions on the matter are welcome, either way.

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 8, 2016

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The more I read articles talking about The Walking Dead's Alanna Masterson "firing back" in Instagram at people who have criticized her for being on the show because seriously, that poo poo is awful, why would you watch that???

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Constipation Girlfriend needs to meet Math Girlfriend so they can work it out together with a pencil.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Antivehicular posted:

Constipation Girlfriend needs to meet Math Girlfriend so they can work it out together with a pencil.

haha nice

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Antivehicular posted:

I just high fived my cell phone screen irl and it was meant for you

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!

Antivehicular posted:

oh my god

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Pooper Puller Lady should probably give squatting a try. It reduces strain and poop comes out more easily!

..Or she could avoid touching the poop by pushing it through her vaginal wall instead. Which I know about because a friend told me. :catstare:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
mr turdachev, tear down that wall

:yikes:

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Themata posted:

Pooper Puller Lady should probably give squatting a try. It reduces strain and poop comes out more easily!

..Or she could avoid touching the poop by pushing it through her vaginal wall instead. Which I know about because a friend told me. :catstare:

How did that come up in conversation?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I [25 M] have a serious problem with my [25F] GF of a few years and her unusual bathroom habits.

Gotta get up in there with a crowbar sometimes, pry that poo poo loose.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

The more I read articles talking about The Walking Dead's Alanna Masterson "firing back" in Instagram at people who have criticized her for being on the show because seriously, that poo poo is awful, why would you watch that???

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ikanreed posted:

If you haven't ever had the urge, you've never been so constipated that death seems preferable.

It happened to me once and I know what you're talking about. Everything eventually came out alright but I was definitely starting to wonder if that would help.

This was like 5 years ago and I was working a remote camp job and I assume it was something horrible about their food that caused it.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Tiny Deer posted:

How did that come up in conversation?

It's been a few years so I don't recall, but it had to have been either from talking about constipation or a comment from left field (think it was the latter).

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Charles Get-Out posted:

I am somehow more fine with a medical professional doing this to someone than with someone doing this to themselves, sometimes with random objects.

It wasn't a random object, it was your toothbrush honey! I washed it afterwards... wait, why are you leaving?

*edit*

Also, constipation crap chat, I was on some pretty heavy painkillers for a month due to an injury, it was awful. The first few days are fine, but after about a week you stop making GBS threads, after a week or two of that, you're in for some horrible pain. I'm not one to linger in the bathroom, typically 5-10 minutes tops, but at about week 3 I sat in the bathroom for over an hour and it was pain.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 8, 2016

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [29M] gf [25M] broke up with me after a 2.5 year relationship because I refused to be vegan after she turned vegan 6 months ago and suddenly didn't want kids

Things have been difficult for the last 6 months since my GF turned vegan. Long story short she works part time at a swedish furniture retail store and i work full time hours (50+) at a fishmongers.... so althought i have 2-3 days off a week she spends a considerable time at home by herself.

Since then she started watching ALOT of youtube. She was never a social media person or big media consumer at first and we only hooked up because she made a facebook account and i happened to type her name into the search bar one day. I had a strong crush on her when we met as groupmates in university and she was in another relationship then. Anyways she started watching videos on makeup and fashion which was completely fine and I dont police what she does... that is her business. Then she started watching this durianrider guy and everything changed. she started to echo his opinions, she was suddenly against the idea of having children even though we openly discussed it before. And one time she said she was going off BC (which i completely understand) and then tried to convince me to get a vasectomy. we made a doctor's appointment and my GP adamantly refused to give us approval. It was the scariest day of my loving life.

Fast forward to now i think shes had enough that im not going to change my ways. We had a talk last night i was willing compromise on having kids and I am open the idea of adoption and she agreed. Today we came back from grocery shopping and then i asked her why she won't respect my views - I fully respect her decision to go vegan and I support her but she thinks my lifestyle and views are morally wrong and she cannot see why the whole world doesn't accept being vegan is the only option...

anyways she stormed out and packed her stuff and I helped her load it in her car. We hugged it out after she calmed down and she told me she will never get back together with me unless I change. She's moved back to her parents now which is only an hour away. Im pretty broke up about the situation because i love her dearly. A big portion of the relationship she wasn't a vegan, was never pushy or a picky eater or against the idea of marriage/kids. I wish she never stumbled upon that youtube channel and I am struggling with depression and anxiety as it is. Part of me wants her to come back and I'm willing to change my eating habits but part of me also wants to stand true to what i believe in....

Help me, reddit. What should I do?

tl;dr GF broke up with me because she suddenly went full vegan and childfree after 2 years in a 2.5 years relationship, wondering if i should compromise on my beliefs to accommodate hers and have her back.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

edit: loving LOL

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

LethalGeek posted:

edit: loving LOL

I was GIS for this too

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Antivehicular posted:

:thurman: god drat :thurman:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Lol

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Antivehicular posted:

:eyepop:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gotta wonder why the guy's doctor refused the vasectomy. Maybe they mentioned the Youtube guy in the office or something and he was like, "no way am I performing an operation caused by a Youtube video"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Themata posted:

It's been a few years so I don't recall, but it had to have been either from talking about constipation or a comment from left field (think it was the latter).

At least it wasn't awkward orgy small talk!