Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
It's not hard but chun li's jump in HP, v skill, head stomp x3 ex air legs is fun and makes me feel like I'm styling on someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Saint Freak posted:

So who's the best Nitroplus Blasterer?

The one that's actually a Cthulhu that fucks a boy because he sees it as a cute girl.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

So who's the best Nitroplus Blasterer?

wolverine.

but she's mine so gently caress off

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

mango sentinel posted:

The one that's actually a Cthulhu that fucks a boy because he sees it as a cute girl.

is this your fetish

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Real hurthling! posted:

one character fights with a horde of cats so its pretty obvious

Cats AND band members (shamelessly linking my own short videos):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziEIKLZxThc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeJw3xwc6Cc

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i am taking this as 100% confirmation and am very happy about it

https://twitter.com/wk8900/status/806888364402032644

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Supposedly that's fanart of that character that someone created to fit the silhouette in a "well it could be THIS character" sorta thing. I don't know if that's actually the truth though.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Supposedly that's fanart of that character that someone created to fit the silhouette in a "well it could be THIS character" sorta thing. I don't know if that's actually the truth though.
oh... well that's a lot of effort and talent that went into that then if that's the case. from when i first saw the silhouette i thought the weird crossed circle thing would make it super easy to pin down so i bought this.

either way, i support more rival schools characters popping in. give me shoma.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cams posted:

oh... well that's a lot of effort and talent that went into that then if that's the case.

fake baiken was way more convincing. rival schools does make sense though since they already have bikini models ready to go for some of them on kanzuki beach

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It literally says this in the tweet

cams
Mar 28, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

It literally says this in the tweet
yeah i realized after that twitter has a translate button. either way 100% confirmed rival schools and sfex characters confirmed for s2

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Put Akira in and also skullomania while you're at it capcom, also fix the loving game I guess

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Real hurthling! posted:

fake baiken was way more convincing. rival schools does make sense though since they already have bikini models ready to go for some of them on kanzuki beach

The funny thing is the guy who made the Baiken hoax is also just a really good artist.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mycot posted:

The funny thing is the guy who made the Baiken hoax is also just a really good artist.

do you have a link to this artists website. this poo poo is dope.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

anime was right posted:

do you have a link to this artists website. this poo poo is dope.

@kantakun

lol I just realized he made the hoax picture his twitter avatar.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mycot posted:

@kantakun

lol I just realized he made the hoax picture his twitter avatar.

thank you :)

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/buckowens/status/772701180812156932

reposting for season 2

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't wait for the next batch of DLC fighters to all be leaked again just like Season 1

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tsVyHAkTN0

obamacare and street fighter v combined.

nooooooooooooo.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

anime was right posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tsVyHAkTN0

obamacare and street fighter v combined.

nooooooooooooo.

PC shaq-fu port confirmed

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Mike Ross is gonna get put in a bodybag in front of the whole Obama family

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

General Morden posted:

is this your fetish

Nah my fetishes are far more mundane.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWnFUPhtwEA

👌👌👌

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I can't wait for the next batch of DLC fighters to all be leaked again just like Season 1

Akuma and five dolls, with one being Dan wearing a wig.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

The best thing about ST is that it has links that won't work if you start the combo on the wrong frame because it doesn't poll inputs on skipped frames.

this isn't a link only issue

if you try ryu cr.lk renda canceled into super it only hits 50% of the time

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

interrodactyl posted:

this isn't a link only issue

if you try ryu cr.lk renda canceled into super it only hits 50% of the time

Ah, I guess that makes sense. Still a good game

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

:thurman: Somehow convinced myself that maybe ltg cleaned up his act a bit since I never hear about him any more but lol.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Option select: If I win, it's because I'm better. If I lose it's because it was laggy and you used an OP character

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
My whole morality of this match lmaooo

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

this video redeemed SFV in my eyes

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
THE LORE IS REAL sounds like a great Soul Calbur tagline or something, if Soul Calibur were a thing that still existed.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Saint Freak posted:

THE LORE IS REAL sounds like a great Soul Calbur tagline or something, if Soul Calibur were a thing that still existed.

After making a F2P single player fighting game, it deserves to be dead

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...2-bizarro_mike/

Also I'm not really sure about this change. Meter was how you got big damage in SFV so unless they made normals and throws way less lovely and weak it seems like the game will be more boring.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I still don't understand how SC5 is simultaneously the best game in the series and the game that killed the series.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jmcrofts posted:

I still don't understand how SC5 is simultaneously the best game in the series and the game that killed the series.

on the decline, bad marketing, tried to refresh the characters and replaced them with a bunch of worse one.

a modern 3s, if you will.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jmcrofts posted:

The gameplay is excellent, but a huge part of the appeal of SC is the single player content and SC5 failed to deliver on that. Plus it was just rushed in general what with three mimic characters and failing to really make anything out of the time skip.

Lost Swords really made sure the series stayed dead though.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Less meter gain is a pretty hardcore nerf to characters like Necalli since he'll need meter for reversals and generally uses super a ton, but OTOH it might make him a little more interesting because his gameplan will probably stop being "hoard meter for super" 90% of the time.

I can see that being a good thing overall but it entirely depends on what they mean by "significantly less meter"

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Jmcrofts posted:

people have serious nostalgia for sc2..personally I thought sc5 was super fun, sans the free meter comeback mechanic. I think that sp soul caliber f2p or whatever was the nail in the coffin but sc5 seemed to get dropped so fast even by the euros

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It would help if they gave some EX moves interesting properties other than "the same move but faster/safe/more damage/invincible" over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Jmcrofts posted:

if I want a competitive 3D fighting game by namco, why wouldn't I just play tekken? sc5 is "better" when it comes to gameplay but because it's so blatantly unfinished and has tekken 4 roster syndrome it's a worse overall game b/c the appeal of sc was always as a more casual game.

It's novel that they tried to finally make a SC game that was competitive after the complete clusterfucks that were 4/3 and the cvs2 style "use this meta defining glitch or this games tiers are even more heinous" sc2, but it seems like wasted effort when at the same time tekken was/is running so strong.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 9, 2016