Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

the auschwitz diet posted:

Bully was an incredible game, did you buy it? How are the touch controls?

I played about 30 minutes and I thought they were fine. Running about seemed more responsive than in the GTA ports in my opinion.

The port is really slick and looks and runs great on my S7 Edge on high quality settings, though there's a weird lack of shadows for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
Is there a fun match 3 or similar style game where you can work on your team/deck/whatever over time that people recommend that can be played in portrait mode? I'm over puzzle & dragons, and both Marvel/Magic Puzzle Quest were too flashy and obnoxious. I really enjoyed Poker Heroes before the grind became too apparent.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Sextro posted:

How do you build your dart?

My design is a little different now since I leveled up and changed the equipment to try and keep it competitive, but this is pretty much what I used for a while. The advanced power plant would've been something different, so that section is probably the only part i really changed

Sadly once you start seeing Scythes the Dart's glory days seem to be at an end

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
So apparently according to their facebook page, Gumballs and Dungeons is rolling out an event today at 7 PM (EST) called Planet Smuggling Ring. Something about spaceships and, uh, exploring stuff and something. The preview screenshots are pretty cryptic.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I've been playing Star Trek Timelines, but I seem to have hit a point where the stat requirements for any mission available to me are now double what any of my guys have, and I'm not entirely sure what to do except just grind old missions for more cash to spend on lottery tickets for better characters. I assume this is just the sort of "effort cliff" that's intended to get me to spend money on in-game currency. Is anyone else still playing or did y'all give up after hitting that point?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

DrBox posted:

Is there a fun match 3 or similar style game where you can work on your team/deck/whatever over time that people recommend that can be played in portrait mode? I'm over puzzle & dragons, and both Marvel/Magic Puzzle Quest were too flashy and obnoxious. I really enjoyed Poker Heroes before the grind became too apparent.

Legendary: Game of Heroes sounds what you might be looking for. Build a deck, upgrade your dudes, etc.

That's a referral link below if you want to check it out.

http://legendary.n3twork.com/?e5ba86d6-6dfc-4b21-b8d0-7c6a3a48c17b

If you decide to try it and want a guild invite, let me know.

Koryk fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 9, 2016

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I've been playing Star Trek Timelines, but I seem to have hit a point where the stat requirements for any mission available to me are now double what any of my guys have, and I'm not entirely sure what to do except just grind old missions for more cash to spend on lottery tickets for better characters. I assume this is just the sort of "effort cliff" that's intended to get me to spend money on in-game currency. Is anyone else still playing or did y'all give up after hitting that point?

I gave up long before that point. And yes, you either grindgrindgrind or pay money.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

So Polytopia basically becomes a catapult spam fest once you get deeper into the game. Seems you really gotta push to roll your opponents as fast as possible, no build up just push push push.

I just realized there is no diplomacy either so just act like you're at war as soon as you see anybody

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Drakes posted:

When described like that it kinda sounds very pokemon-ey. But I don't think I've seen any such thing offline without the pokemon dressing.

I'd throw in Granblue Fantasy if you wanna mess with an online grindfestcollectionathon kinda game, its pretty much a drat well produced off-brand FF with atouch more anime/waifu. It fills up whatever MMO itch bugs me these days. If anything else they do go all out with the music, tuna boss theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_XfNuKQOLY

Is this game in English at all? Can't seem to find any version that isn't Japanese.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Deakul posted:

Is this game in English at all? Can't seem to find any version that isn't Japanese.

The text can be changed to English, yes. No English VA stuff.

Press the menu button on the main screen

Press the settings button

Press the Language button

Select English and save your changes.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kheldarn posted:

The text can be changed to English, yes. No English VA stuff.

Press the menu button on the main screen

Press the settings button

Press the Language button

Select English and save your changes.

Sweet, thanks.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Deakul posted:

Are there any games like Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes but... offline?
Collecting dudes and having turn based Final Fantasy-esque battles.

For that matter, are any of the Final Fantasies worth getting? Be they F2P or paid.
I've been trying Exvius but it's kind of terrible? Like it feels half finished for the most part.

I love the pixel art though, wouldn't mind a game in the same vein but offline, the wifi at my work is pretty unreliabe.

You want pixel art and dood collecting and Pokemon battles?! Oh boy do I have a game for you:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thylacinestudios.siralim2&hl=en
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUQdYc1n4Bo

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Any strategy to using the golden pots in Gumballs & Dungeons? I was thinking of just chucking all my free ones at Abyss' Roar since they have 16 gumballs in their faction versus 17 in the other ones so I'm statistically more likely to complete something.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rutibex posted:

You want pixel art and dood collecting and Pokemon battles?! Oh boy do I have a game for you:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thylacinestudios.siralim2&hl=en
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUQdYc1n4Bo

Whoa, this looks great.

Buuut... how roguelikey is it?
Like, is there permadeath? That'd be kind of a dealbreaker.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I spent a free dollar on the gumball game. It's drat addictive.

Gave me a Terminator gumball and 50 fragments for him, too.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Deakul posted:

Whoa, this looks great.

There is no perma death. You just lose some resources, not even that much. But each map is random. Equipment is random as well, but easy enough to craft in the stats you want.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Deakul posted:

Whoa, this looks great.

Nah if you die you just lose some points and respawn at your castle. Basically the same penalty for dying as any Pokemon game

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Koryk posted:

Legendary: Game of Heroes sounds what you might be looking for. Build a deck, upgrade your dudes, etc.

That's a referral link below if you want to check it out.

http://legendary.n3twork.com/?e5ba86d6-6dfc-4b21-b8d0-7c6a3a48c17b

If you decide to try it and want a guild invite, let me know.

Downloading now. Thanks!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The Duggler posted:

So Polytopia basically becomes a catapult spam fest once you get deeper into the game. Seems you really gotta push to roll your opponents as fast as possible, no build up just push push push.

I just realized there is no diplomacy either so just act like you're at war as soon as you see anybody

If you're really more powerful before the discovery, the AI can be in 'awe' and gift you a free tech as tribute. Dunno if it's just an easy mode feature though.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008

RoboCicero posted:

Any strategy to using the golden pots in Gumballs & Dungeons? I was thinking of just chucking all my free ones at Abyss' Roar since they have 16 gumballs in their faction versus 17 in the other ones so I'm statistically more likely to complete something.

When a gumball is fully promoted and upgraded, their fragments are removed from the pot pool. So the best strategy is to wait until you've upgraded all the gumballs that you can get through completing the main story and side-quests.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

mrkillboy posted:

Dawn of Titans, a long in development F2P RTS with some pretty impressive graphics and epic Total War-esque battles is out on the Play Store.

I passed up this game at first, but thanks to this I took a second look. Enjoying it so far, the little stutters every once in a while are annoying but I'm guessing that clears up after all the tutorial poo poo stops loading every so often to go HEY LISTEN FUCKBAG USE MAGIC. I've wanted a nice RTS to play that wasn't all cartoony as hell, so this definitely fits the bill. I won't lie either, when I saw Zynga pop up at the bottom of the screen I drat near uninstalled immediately, but I'm glad I didn't.

Couldn't find a thread dedicated to this in games yet, but I assume there will be one eventually as this looks like it has a clan component and damned if I'll play with anyone but goons.

What I'm saying is thanks for posting this, it's pretty cool.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

RoboCicero posted:

I spend it on Alouwei(Blue faction), if you're F2P they have the best units to create a sturdy team and you can farm a few of their members to 5 stars thus lowering the draw pool.
Zorro and Zerg Queen are the cheapest way to dominate dungeons.

Morpheus posted:

So apparently according to their facebook page, Gumballs and Dungeons is rolling out an event today at 7 PM (EST) called Planet Smuggling Ring. Something about spaceships and, uh, exploring stuff and something. The preview screenshots are pretty cryptic.

When you unlock the Schleiman tank(Dragon quest reference) Airship you can start encountering it in the Sky dungeon. FYI these event are always almost end game dungeons, you're not getting past until you finish the Bloody Fortress dungeon and unlock LV5 promotions and Food.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

In gumballs has anyone got premium currency from exploring? I found an engrish tip guide that says to prioritize that and it'll eventually pay itself back but I don't wanna burn gems if I won't actually get any back

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

PathAsc posted:

I passed up this game at first, but thanks to this I took a second look. Enjoying it so far, the little stutters every once in a while are annoying but I'm guessing that clears up after all the tutorial poo poo stops loading every so often to go HEY LISTEN FUCKBAG USE MAGIC. I've wanted a nice RTS to play that wasn't all cartoony as hell, so this definitely fits the bill. I won't lie either, when I saw Zynga pop up at the bottom of the screen I drat near uninstalled immediately, but I'm glad I didn't.

Couldn't find a thread dedicated to this in games yet, but I assume there will be one eventually as this looks like it has a clan component and damned if I'll play with anyone but goons.

What I'm saying is thanks for posting this, it's pretty cool.

Yea, I'm having fun with this too. Just joined a random guild.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I also picked up Dawn of Titans and really enjoy it so far. I also joined a random pubbie guild, but would jump ship into a goon guild in a heart beat.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Solitairica is a mash up of solitaire and RPG and roguelike things that's out now on Android after an initial iOS release a few months back.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Gumballs and Dungeons is amazing. Never gave a game a 5 star review before but I had to now. Never been pay walled and the ingame currency drops in game, granted decreased but still. And no ads. I'm digging it. Also just unlocked the airship and that just added a ton of things.

Side note: If you use 5 crystals about 5 times or so with the Grim Reaper to revive yourself and continue, he joins you.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Len posted:

In gumballs has anyone got premium currency from exploring? I found an engrish tip guide that says to prioritize that and it'll eventually pay itself back but I don't wanna burn gems if I won't actually get any back

Exploring as in sending the 3 gumballs out? Yes, this is your stablest source of Gems immediately max out their survival gear to 8hrs. I average 3 gems per 8hr run if you're lucky you'll get 6.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Solitairica is a mash up of solitaire and RPG and roguelike things that's out now on Android after an initial iOS release a few months back.

Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for this to come to Android. Lots of praise for it in the iOS thread.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I've tried this gumball game but it is really really boring. I finished the first area and did one dungeon in the second but it's just not grabbing me.

Does it pick up later or is it just Not For Me?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

RoboCicero posted:

Yeah, it's dumb. I'm just throwing my gold pots into one faction too, but I failed to min-max like you apparently have. It might even make sense to just save them for now, in case there is an endgame or event thing that lets you spend them more intelligently or something. The developers also seem like they aren't the types who design their IAPs with psychologists poring over reams of data in order to extract the most money possible, so maybe they would even listen to complaints about it :kiddo:

The Duggler posted:

I've tried this gumball game but it is really really boring. I finished the first area and did one dungeon in the second but it's just not grabbing me. Does it pick up later or is it just Not For Me?

Yeah, the "reach floor X" levels for the first couple of dungeons are almost trivially easy. The "real" game is running dungeons in endless mode, where you have to manage resources in order to upgrade your gumball enough to take on the bosses that start showing up from floor 30 on. And yes, while I can't promise you'll like it once you get there, the game does open up more as you progress, with more things to do and harder challenges.

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 9, 2016

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

boy are my arms tired posted:

yet another weird anime game look:

Valkyrie Connect is a Summoner's War-style game from A-Team, the dudes behind Unison League (that party grouping RPG that you barely played) and War of Legions (a game i skipped over because generally anything with War Of in the title is a clash of clans ripoff; i guess i was wrong).

Is there a goon guild for this? I started playing it just for shits, and I guess I lucked out and hit the jackpot with starters (Freya on first pull, then Thor and Heimdall in the 2nd). Since that never happens to me in these kinds of games, I'm gonna invest some time into it.

From some of the beginner guides I've read on reddit (:v:), it seems like I should be just farming orbs, but in not really sure. :shrug:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Yeah, the "reach floor X" levels for the first couple of dungeons are almost trivially easy. The "real" game is running dungeons in endless mode, where you have to manage resources in order to upgrade your gumball enough to take on the bosses that start showing up from floor 30 on. And yes, while I can't promise you'll like it once you get there, the game does open up more as you progress, with more things to do and harder challenges.

Speaking of challenge, are some gumballs just utter poo poo? For instance, I can't seem to get ANYWHERE with the Mage that you unlock after the early elemental temple. And that pirate boss loving ruined me, it wasn't even a fight. Tips?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Len posted:

You do, not a lot but you do. I have a full exploration team and I let them do the max time allotted fully upgraded and I think I got about 4 crystals?

(Edit) I've acquired more from finding a shovel in some endless dungeons and just running those. Not a lot as it is a premium currency but I think I've acquired about ... 20 to 30 in a day?

Malek fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 9, 2016

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I'm kind of surprised by the depth of this game, with the various dungeon gimmicks (Monkey tree, Zorro upgrade, Shrine combinations, undead equipment) adding a lot on top of the gradually more interesting monster design.

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Speaking of challenge, are some gumballs just utter poo poo? For instance, I can't seem to get ANYWHERE with the Mage that you unlock after the early elemental temple. And that pirate boss loving ruined me, it wasn't even a fight. Tips?
I'm honestly not sure how any mage classes really get the juice to go dozens of floors since it seems like you end up burning mana faster than you replenish it even setting aside scroll availability and abysmal attack scores means you take a ton of damage if you do try to go in for a head-to-head fight to conserve resources.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

RoboCicero posted:

I'm honestly not sure how any mage classes really get the juice to go dozens of floors since it seems like you end up burning mana faster than you replenish it even setting aside scroll availability and abysmal attack scores means you take a ton of damage if you do try to go in for a head-to-head fight to conserve resources.

Precisely. I run out of spells really early, and that's WITH mixing in attacks to save them. But the attacks end up burning my HP down to nothing, so by the time I'm geared and sitting on high attack and a huge HP pool as Swordsman, my Mage is nearly dead, with no spells. :iiam:

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

RoboCicero posted:

Are you feeding your mages food at the tree? You can buy most of the foods via the black market to get them some nice starting boosts. Also, every gumball you upgrade (like +stars etc.) and bring with you via a soul link = more starting EP.

(Honestly I haven't hosed with being a mage yet but I'm taking my Soul Reaver as soon as I get some cash to bring up his base stats.)

Also, wait til you unlock the Airship, even more poo poo in that area. Jesus.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Malek posted:

Are you feeding your mages food at the tree? You can buy most of the foods via the black market to get them some nice starting boosts. Also, every gumball you upgrade (like +stars etc.) and bring with you via a soul link = more starting EP.

(Honestly I haven't hosed with being a mage yet but I'm taking my Soul Reaver as soon as I get some cash to bring up his base stats.)

Also, wait til you unlock the Airship, even more poo poo in that area. Jesus.

Yeah I feed all my gumballs as much as I can. The starting bonus EP doesn't do anything to help me when I run out of spells and HP by like floor 10 though.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Yeah I feed all my gumballs as much as I can. The starting bonus EP doesn't do anything to help me when I run out of spells and HP by like floor 10 though.

I was genuinely wondering about the lack of starting spells. I might do a run real quick to see how they play as I haven't done much with them. However I can see them healing up really nicely with a high power rating and using Cure.

According to the stats, the Mage starts with 5 x Lightning Bolt scrolls and transcribes them each floor. Again, haven't played it b but just reading it over. Going to try him in the Adventurer's Forest now.

Malek fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Holy balls I'm an idiot. I got all the way up to the arena dungeon and it was your post that prompted me to tap on a food icon and feed my dudes! I though the lock icon was the beginning so I kept tapping on the lock, shrugging because the requirements seemed like they kept moving further away, and navigating back out.

I thought it was just poor translation and you unlocked feeding like, halfway through the game.