Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

loquacius posted:

Gotta wonder why the guy's doctor refused the vasectomy. Maybe they mentioned the Youtube guy in the office or something and he was like, "no way am I performing an operation caused by a Youtube video"

I was 31 or 32 when I had mine. At the time I had a teenage stepson and my wife had a difficult pregnancy and also wasn't sure if she wanted to start over with kids. I suppose that's enough to convince the urologist to go ahead.

Since the guy was only 29 and in obvious conflict with his wife, they denied it. Too many docs get sued because people change their minds about sterilization and get lawyer happy claiming they were too young and someone should have talked them out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This story could easily be cross posted to the Bad With Money thread in BFC:

My [27/F] best friend [25/F] of 10 years invited me to join her startup. But she doesn't want to pay me a salary or give out any equity.

quote:

My friend Anna and I have been friends for over 10 years. We even went to the same college together and both majored in the same thing. I had a pretty rough time for a few years due to cancer treatment, so I was out of the job market for a while.

Since it hasn't been so easy to find a job, she told me to join her startup and if I liked it, I could receive equity or a salary if I preferred - her words exactly.

I have been working super hard on her business, but it's been 6 months and neither has happened. Now she's saying that if somebody wants equity, they'd have to invest. And at the same time, she's not really generating any money to hire staff yet. So it feels totally dead end to me.
It's been great having to deal with different work situations, but at the same time, I can't keep at this forever. I need to be able to move out of my parent's place and provide for myself etc.

I have been applying to jobs and have had a few successful interviews at a particular company.I feel awkward about telling her I need to move on, but I don't wanna mess up our friendship.

tl;dr: My best friend of 10 years has offered me a job at her startup, but with no compensation. I feel like I need to move on, but I am having trouble talking to her about it.

:psyduck: Six months! :psyduck:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

loquacius posted:

Gotta wonder why the guy's doctor refused the vasectomy. Maybe they mentioned the Youtube guy in the office or something and he was like, "no way am I performing an operation caused by a Youtube video"

They ask you questions and go into why regular BC isn't cutting it and all that. The answer "My girlfriend suddenly decided it after watching youtube and all I want to do is make her happy because I have low self esteem" is exactly why they ask first.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I thought the point of a vasectomy was that it was easily reversible, though, I guess what I'm saying is that if his girlfriend is so child-free she should have gotten her own dang tubes tied

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I like seeing people with thick orange and white stripes because they look like the vlc logo.

Maybe they're escaped inmates trying to hide in construction zones :shrug:

Naerasa posted:

To me, this is the kind of bowel movement you have once in your life and immediately loving turn everything around to keep it from ever happening again. How do you reach the point where you're goatse'ing yourself just to go to the bathroom and thinking 'this is fine'?

I used to hear gross stories about women who'd reach into their vag and push turds out that way :psyduck: no idea if it's true but if someone does that, they lost every right to act like anyone else is any more gross than them

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

loquacius posted:

I thought the point of a vasectomy was that it was easily reversible, though, I guess what I'm saying is that if his girlfriend is so child-free she should have gotten her own dang tubes tied
Vasectomies are very not reversible frequently. As it was explained to me somewhere the sperm is now getting out of it's little containment area and you can develop anti bodies that start killing them, at that point reattaching the tubes won't help.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

loquacius posted:

Also they cost thousands to undo. It's not something you do if you think you will ever want kids again.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LethalGeek posted:

Vasectomies are very not reversible frequently. As it was explained to me somewhere the sperm is now getting out of it's little containment area and you can develop anti bodies that start killing them, at that point reattaching the tubes won't help.

For those that don't know, several organs (including the testicles and your eyeballs) are essentially "invisible" to the immune system because your immune system would attack them if they ever got in.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
/r/relationships: including the testicles and your eyeballs

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Fullhouse posted:

I refuse to believe that nobody has invented butthole kegel exercises

In my hospital I know we have like a buttplug you sit on with sensors connected to lights in front of you. When you squeeze it the lights flash, and thereby you learn how to poo again because sometimes people get sick and forget or whatever.

Also pushing on the rear vaginal wall to get poo out is not that uncommon in childbirth-related injuries to the anal muscles.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

what if testes looklike eyeballs, would that be hosed up or what

Khorne
May 1, 2002

That reminds me:

quote:

So last month, my girlfriend got in a fight with another girl. The other girl was wearing a ring and got my girlfriend right in the eye and scratched it. It ended up getting infected so it had to be removed. Ever since then she's been avoiding me

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Khorne posted:

That reminds me:

I kind of chuckled, then thought harder about it and now i'm just sad.

*edit*

v--- god drat that fit so well.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

My buff, butch girlfriend lost an eye in a bar brawl and now she keeps trying to feed me bourbon shots from her empty socket.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Context was girlfriend is 19 and was a little sister with big brothers big sisters. Former big sister had some alcohol issues, freaked out about 'dykes' and spit on girlfriends face when she reasonably got angry. Girlfriend punches her after getting spit at, girl takes a swing and her ring scratches her eye which then gets infected and has to be removed.

yikes

Khorne
May 1, 2002

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Context was girlfriend is 19 and was a little sister with big brothers big sisters. Former big sister had some alcohol issues, freaked out about 'dykes' and spit on girlfriends face when she reasonably got angry. Girlfriend punches her after getting spit at, girl takes a swing and her ring scratches her eye which then gets infected and has to be removed.

yikes
The actual story is depressing as gently caress, and I haven't found anything depressing in this thread before.

Hopefully they do bring a lawsuit against her and get some compensation. But, an alcoholic big sister who claws a 19 year old's eye out is probably not worth much.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
that big sister's name: carly fiorina

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

54 40 or gently caress posted:

was a little sister with big brothers big sisters. Former big sister had some alcohol issues

:psyduck:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

This to me is the least confusing part, I mean other than the fact that you'd maybe typically expect the issues to be reversed

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

My wife had a few exes contact her during our engagement to try and talk her out of it. It was bizarre. Each time she politely declined to even have the conversation and told them that it wasn't their concern. She also had two "nice guy" friends. One called her a cold hearted bitch for marrying someone he (the 'it's my job to protect you' thing) doesn't even know and the other told me that if I hurt her, he would hurt me and would be with her to take care of her.

imagine if they took all that effort and put it into finding someone else

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

It's really annoying when a girlfriend has one of those nice guy friends that constantly exhibit their jealousy of you delaying their plan to eventually woo the girl after her last break up, but it also feels kind of good to be the subject of that kind of animosity just for dating someone you like.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
losing an eye to a ring is bad but not as bad as the worst eye removal story I've seen which is some girl wore non eye friendly glitter as eyeshadow and some got in her eye and got infected and it had to be removed :gonk:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
at least yeah I lost my eye in a fight is kind of a cool story I lost my eye to glitter is a little less badass

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

End result is the same, you're a loving cyclops.

My story of people with one eye:

My brother and I met a guy on the 3rd of July named Gonzo, he was a one-eyed Mexican chap, very cool dude. In Chicago the 3rd of July used to (maybe still is?) be the day they did fireworks so everyone went downtown, got hammered and watched fireworks. We met Gonzo while he was pulling beer out of his trunk (he had a literal trunk of beer) and decided we would hang out with him. Got drunk, watched fireworks, yay. We went to party at some person's house afterwards, Gonzo drove, he was attempting to parallel park and was having trouble. My brother and I heckled him because he couldn't park his car in a spot a loving jumbo jet could land, but then he said something I will never forget "I have one eye you fucks", it then dawned on us, depth perception does not happen very well with one eye and we felt bad :(. We helped him park, then drank long into the night and launched bananas off the roof with a large slingshot.

That is my cyclops story.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

MF_James posted:

End result is the same, you're a loving cyclops.

My story of people with one eye:

My brother and I met a guy on the 3rd of July named Gonzo, he was a one-eyed Mexican chap, very cool dude. In Chicago the 3rd of July used to (maybe still is?) be the day they did fireworks so everyone went downtown, got hammered and watched fireworks. We met Gonzo while he was pulling beer out of his trunk (he had a literal trunk of beer) and decided we would hang out with him. Got drunk, watched fireworks, yay. We went to party at some person's house afterwards, Gonzo drove, he was attempting to parallel park and was having trouble. My brother and I heckled him because he couldn't park his car in a spot a loving jumbo jet could land, but then he said something I will never forget "I have one eye you fucks", it then dawned on us, depth perception does not happen very well with one eye and we felt bad :(. We helped him park, then drank long into the night and launched bananas off the roof with a large slingshot.

That is my cyclops story.
Gonzo sounds awesome

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

Troposphere posted:

losing an eye to a ring is bad but not as bad as the worst eye removal story I've seen which is some girl wore non eye friendly glitter as eyeshadow and some got in her eye and got infected and it had to be removed :gonk:

At a hotel I worked one guy had lost an eye from carrying a flat of empty glass coke bottles and he tripped and fell right on one of the bottles. Eye popped right out into it. He hated his managers so refused to wear an eye patch or glass eye, just went around with a gaping hole afterwards.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

thaaaaaat's quite enough of these stories

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Mmmmmmm I also think we've reached our thread quota for eye loss stories.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Oh, hey, it's another "Christmas is for family, except your baby" story:

Our [27F, 23F, 30F, 32F] sister [25F] has lost her mind. She had an affair and had a baby. My sister [32F] adopted him. Now she's demanding he be left at home on Christmas.

quote:

Our nephew/son Charlie is 2 years old and the product of an affair. My sister Crystal cheated on her husband and she wanted to get an abortion but she left it way to late. It was confirmed she was having a boy and our sister Angela did not feel right about him being adopted into some unknown family or spending years in foster care, or being with a mom that did not want him. She was already a mother to 5 girls [4F, 6F, 8F and 10 F] and has an amazing job. So Angela adopted Charlie and it helped that Angela's daughters had been nagging her for a little brother. They were and still are head over heels for Charlie when they met him.
Crystal moved all the way to the east coast after that to be with her new man Dom. They moved back to the west coast just a month ago. Crystal has been keeping to herself and has been mainly been speaking to our parents. Crystal has demanded that Charlie not be at Christmas we normally spend with our parents. They're agreeing to it and told us Charlie can't come at all. They told me they're happy to have her home.
Advice please?
TL;DR: Sister has lost her mind. She had an affair and got pregnant. My older sister adopted her son Charlie [2 Years] and she vanished for 2 years. Now she's back and demanding Charlie not be allowed at Christmas and our parents are agreeing.

I will admit this one at least has a reason besides "I'm just terrible, just so drat terrible," but what the hell?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Constipation Girlfriend needs to meet Math Girlfriend so they can work it out together with a pencil.

:suicide:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Antivehicular posted:

Oh, hey, it's another "Christmas is for family, except your baby" story:

Our [27F, 23F, 30F, 32F] sister [25F] has lost her mind. She had an affair and had a baby. My sister [32F] adopted him. Now she's demanding he be left at home on Christmas.

I will admit this one at least has a reason besides "I'm just terrible, just so drat terrible," but what the hell?

What in the heck? If I were in this situation, I would bring the kid just to spite these crazy people. What kind of batshit insane rear end in a top hat family disallows a 2 year old kid to Christmas, regardless of the circumstances? What message does that send to his siblings, let alone the little boy himself? :psyduck:

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Usually when people act out to avoid confronting their awful life choices it's not so... literal.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Whaaaat, two year olds at Christmas is the best. They're so jacked up about presents and hilarious. Sounds like the sister with all the kids is a pretty great person too.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

quote:

So a guy 25 male, and a girl 25 female get it on.

Guy gets a text from roommate asking for something in the fridge. Guy picks up the phone while girl is on top to respond.

His reason is that the household is very traditional and doesnt want his roommates to know he's having sex.

Girl asks her friends if what he did was "super loving disrespectful". Her friends say yes and girl screencaps it to show her bf.

BF gets offended that she asked her friends, screenshotted the convo and showed him their responses.

Please name wrongs of both parties.

Tl;dr guy and girl disagree whether texting during sex was okay or not

I like how this was phrased so we arent supposed to know if it was the guy or girl who wrote it... except it is so obviously the guy.

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

What in the heck? If I were in this situation, I would bring the kid just to spite these crazy people. What kind of batshit insane rear end in a top hat family disallows a 2 year old kid to Christmas, regardless of the circumstances? What message does that send to his siblings, let alone the little boy himself? :psyduck:

That one seems like telling the sister who vanished to gently caress off is very much the right choice.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

quote:

Me [27 M] with my Indian GF [29 F] been together for 2 months, not sure if she is real

I am from India (moved recently) and met another Indian girl here (she is been here for sometime now). We started dating despite the fact that she was older than me and a different religion (somewhat a big deal for her). We were having fun and we still are most of the times. My pain points:
She has dated Americans before - always tells me how big their dicks are and that the sex is better.

How Americans treat their women and how they are better people etc?

Wants open relationship at some point in life, something that I haven't thought about.

Not sure if she is for real though, she is super honest and tells me everything about her past. Should I continue to date her even after I know that I may not have a bigger dick (mine is average over 6 inches) and may not have a lifestyle like an American.

TL;DR Indian male meets another Indian women in America who has hosed other American dudes with bigger dicks. Insecurity over this and not sure if this is a good idea.
lmao i like this guy for some reason

quote:

Me [28 M] and this girl [25 F] have a crush on each other but she has a number of qualities that deeply concern me. Would it be a bad idea to ask her out or what?

For the first time in my life I have finally met someone I have a crush on who likes me back (ABOUT loving TIME!!). The problem is she has a number of qualities that deeply concern me and I'm thinking it would be a bad idea to date her. For instance:
-she's a heavy smoker
-she had a kid at a very young age (perhaps in her late teens)
-she likes drinking & partying (I'm not into that stuff)
-she's given mixed signals
-I'm not very physically attracted to her
-we have absolutely nothing in common
-she was showing signs of interest in me while she was still with her boyfriend (they are no longer together)

So I'm sure you're now wondering: why the flying gently caress do I even have a crush on her in the first place?! And honestly I HAVE NO loving IDEA. If I knew the answer I wouldn't need to be writing this, now would I? Usually any ONE of those qualities would instantly make me incapable of having feelings for someone, but she is the most incredibly sweet & friendly person I've ever met in my life, and despite my every effort to not have a crush on her it has persisted now for many years. Plus we both get along really well, she is very easy to talk to, and we have each other's numbers, so it would be very easy for me to ask her out if I wanted to. But I really don't know if I want to given that I already know we're almost completely incompatible with each other.

So here are my questions: Would it really hurt to go on a date just for the hell of it, even if I know it's not going to lead anywhere? Just because it's like the first opportunity I've ever had to do so? Or should I friendzone her? Or should I just stay away from this girl?

tl;dr: We like each other yet we are almost completely incompatible and she has a number of potential red flags that deeply concern me (see list above). So I have 3 questions:
1.) Would it be a bad idea to go on a date just for the hell of it?
2.) Should I friendzone her?
3.) Should I just stay away from this girl?

"i hate everything about this woman but i want to date her because ????"

The ages made me laugh because this guy is nearly thirty and talking about having "crushes"

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
28 year old undersexed guy has a girl show interest in him for (apparently) literally the first time in his life... "why do I want do date her???!" :iiam:

"dork falls in love with first person willing to touch their genitals" is a tale as old as time.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I remember reading The Sun Also Rises and Jake said Cohn married the first woman who was nice to him and I was like "dang, burn"

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Thread moves too fast. Hope this wasn't posted.

quote:

My brother admitted to a "prank" that drastically changed my life 7 years ago.

7 years ago when I [17M] was preparing for college at 17 I was trying to find scholarships. I applied to a scholarship run by a local family using money from a man in the family who was very wealthy. They eventually announced that a girl from our town had won and I thought nothing of it.

My brother [27M] is now in AA and is "making amends." He admitted to me that I won the contest. He said that an old teacher of his was on the scholarship board and saw him at the store, and brought it up to him assuming we knew. But we didn't know as the letter hadn't come in the mail yet. But after she said something he knew, and when the letter came he took it.

He was mad at me at the time (now he doesn't even remember why) and says that he responded to the letter thanking them but telling them I had received a full ride scholarship to the school of my choice and no longer needed funding. He gave them his own cell phone number and said they could call him with any questions. He says they did and he just convinced them I didn't need the scholarship and they should give it to someone else, so they did.

He admits it was lovely of him but doesn't seem to think it was a big deal. He doesn't even see the value of the money lost because I still got to go to college, but the difference was that I ended up 40k in debt with student loans. I still owe 35k and the interest is counting. The scholarship would have paid out a total of 45k over the course of my college education as long as I maintained minimum grades.

His prank cost me tens of thousands of dollars. I know he's in AA and the goal is to make amends and fix relationships, but this honestly makes me never want to see him again. I spent college SO incredibly stressed over money and this could have solved so much of it, and he did this over something he can't even remember now.

Where do I go from here? Am I "supposed to" let this go? Sorry this is kind of a rant, I don't really know what I'm asking other than just general advice of how this should affect my relationship with him. I feel like I don't want any relationship with him at all now but I know I might regret that years down the road.

tl;dr: My brother was mad at me and did something that caused me to lose tens of thousands of dollars. He's admitting it now as part of AA. How do I keep a relationship with him when I've never been more angry with someone in my life? Should I even try?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Murder him.