Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Games > Street Fighter V: Talk about every fighting game besides Street Fighter V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
movement in SC2 was fast and fun

every SC game after that made movement slow and then in SC5 they made it so you get counter hit if you get hit while trying to move

which made that game even more "your turn, my turn" style

that was a heinous move in my mind (that and making guard impact, the defining system mechanic in SC, meter bound)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i miss soul blade

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

also I can't think of any other fighting game where you had a reverse rage mechanic (guts as it was referred to in SC5)

can anyone else think of one

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

General Morden posted:

every SC game after that made movement slow and then in SC5 they made it so you get counter hit if you get hit while trying to move

lol

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It would help if they gave some EX moves interesting properties other than "the same move but faster/safe/more damage/invincible" over and over.

I like Necalli's stomps because when you us the EX version you can no longer link from them

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yep. I'd also put 'add a windowed mode to the PC version' because come on Capcom it can't be that hard.

It exists, in graphics options. I use that in tandem with this borderless game utility to not have really awful crashes when I 'tab out'.

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun

AnonSpore posted:

I like Necalli's stomps because when you us the EX version you can no longer link from them

I like it when you get a crush counter with his cr.hp and the long combo you were going to do gets cut short.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
SCV was like a less-heinous SFV in that they blatantly didn't finish the content that would appeal to casual players (and got wrecked in sales because of it). At least SCV functioned properly though.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

darealkooky posted:

Games > Street Fighter V: Talk about every fighting game besides Street Fighter V

:yeah:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

General Morden posted:

movement in SC2 was fast and fun

which made that game even more "your turn, my turn" style

that was a heinous move in my mind (that and making guard impact, the defining system mechanic in SC, meter bound)

Yeah, my least favorite thing about SCV was the for all intents and purposes removal of guard impact, though that probably made the game much better.

The new mechanic in its place was really unintuitive and dumb though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Somebody went through all the official sfv character art that capcom put out and found matches for the shadows in the
season pass. i'ts probably all crap but speculation is fun, especially when it has some bizzare poo poo in it.

1. is uriens helper
2 is either some ninja or akuma's trainer (2nd/3rd pic)
3 is the huge guy in that group photo
4. is the ninja doll with the sword
5 didn't have a match but apparently is a match for luke from cancelled capcom game capcom fighting allstars: code holder. wtf.

this brings your total blonde character quotient for season 2 to 2/5ths with the caveat that the ninja might also be blonde under his hat.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I hope not, those are all poo poo except the big guy.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mango sentinel posted:

I hope not, those are all poo poo except the big guy.

Flower akuma will soothe all doubts

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
*extremely Hugo USF4 story mode intro voice*

WE WANT THE BIG GUY!

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Since they used the phrase "brand new to the Street Fighter franchise", I'm expecting and hoping for characters from other franchises, like how Rival Schools was speculated earlier.

Actually those artworks remind me, why did they give Akuma this awesome redesign and then turn around and make him a Thundercat instead?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Why are they using new characters instead of characters from old SF games that people would be nostalgic and poo poo for?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Why are they using new characters instead of characters from old SF games that people would be nostalgic and poo poo for?

Theyve alreay taken a buffalo diharrea dump on yoir old favs please lwave dee jay and dan hibiki alome

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i hope you gamers are excited for Thunder Hawk, now with a command grab that deals 15% damage with fierce

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Give eveyone command grad and all their normals automatically put ypu om the floor and then do a wake up tatsu

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Goddamnit, every time I read news about SFV it's something regarding X stuff being lessened. I don't even think it's necessarily an issue sometimes, but man.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
TWO blue ninjas!?

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

A crimson black ninja named Ono which is "Ono" backwards

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ROFL Octopus posted:

Since they used the phrase "brand new to the Street Fighter franchise", I'm expecting and hoping for characters from other franchises, like how Rival Schools was speculated earlier.

Actually those artworks remind me, why did they give Akuma this awesome redesign and then turn around and make him a Thundercat instead?

so that you pay 4 dollars for it

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
A younger me would be petty enough to message people on PSN who rage quit. Current me is just petty enough to post about it. Ultra Gold Nash on a 7 win streak was about to lose to my gold Chun Li and I was sure he would quit. Nope, took the loss. Queued the rematch and he was about to lose the second round and quit out. I wanted 200 of his points but this is satisfying too.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I am bad at this game, but I saw that one of the missions was to play a ranked game. So I did, and I had fun.

SFV is good.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Corbeau posted:

I am bad at this game, but I saw that one of the missions was to play a ranked game. So I did, and I had fun.

SFV is good.

Thanks for sharing friend.
SFV is good and fun.

zelah posted:

A younger me would be petty enough to message people on PSN who rage quit. Current me is just petty enough to post about it. Ultra Gold Nash on a 7 win streak was about to lose to my gold Chun Li and I was sure he would quit. Nope, took the loss. Queued the rematch and he was about to lose the second round and quit out. I wanted 200 of his points but this is satisfying too.

At first it upset me but now that poo poo just makes me laugh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in season 2 guile's cr mp is now changed so his boom loops won't work anymore. he gets two new combo routes added though from pokes like his upside down kick and one other one so he probably won't miss styling on people that much.

Sim's stretch moves are all faster, his hp now cc's and is super cancel-able, and he got a non slide low attack command normal added so he has a safe low poke to fish with now.

ken's run is slower now but the hit at the end of it launches higher to make combos easier. his hp cc has less time to combo from it and his b mp is now in line with other mp's in the game so it won't beat lights. his ex tatsu is now more minus because -2 was insanely dumb for that move, and his mk tatsu needs to hit low to be safe (cammy has the same change to her ex dive kick, bringing it in line with her other divekicks outside of VT)

Vega can crush counter clawless. he loses distance on ex roll and his ex wall dive will come out slower.

no one in the world cared enough about rashid to tweet changes. lol

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 10, 2016

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

in season 2 guile's cr mp is now changed so his boom loops won't work anymore. he gets two new combo routes added though from pokes like his upside down kick and one other one so he probably won't miss styling on people that much.

Sim's stretch moves are all faster, his hp now cc's and is super cancel-able, and he got a non slide low attack command normal added so he has a safe low poke to fish with now.

ken's run is slower now but the hit at the end of it launches higher to make combos easier. his hp cc has less time to combo from it and his b mp is now in line with other mp's in the game so it won't beat lights. his ex tatsu is now more minus because -2 was insanely dumb for that move, and his mk tatsu needs to hit low to be safe (cammy has the same change to her ex dive kick, bringing it in line with her other divekicks outside of VT)

Vega can crush counter clawless. he loses distance on ex roll and his ex wall dive will come out slower.

that is a huge nerf and removes the one cool thing about guile

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

i had a very good grasp of the matchups in this game pretty quick, but it took me a loooooong time to realize that rashid is not actually that good

he might be the worst character in the game which is very strange to me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he needs to do more damage in my amateur opinion

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I've been saying Rashido is garbage since trying him out during beta and even the game turning out to be Just Press poo poo on neutral hasn't really changed that assessment (like Ken did) so hey.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

General Morden posted:

that is a huge nerf and removes the one cool thing about guile

To me the coolest thing about Guile was that he's an honest character that some people can still win with. Yeah, he loses his boom loops, but he gets to v-trigger up to twice a round, now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah but now he doesn't have 3 v reversal stocks which are arguably more useful to him than trigger.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It's cool they made playing against Guile as a fireball character as boring as playing against him as a character without a fireball.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

he needs to do more damage in my amateur opinion

Everyone does

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I like the Guile change. It's very much in line with the general design philosophy of SFV, whether or agree with it or not. Remove the crazy execution stuff and the crazy long combo stuff.

And if you leave something in, for god's sake don't give it to Guile. That dude has made a living on crouch-backing in the corner for decades. He ain't no marvel character.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

you are the worst

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Any news on whether they made juri/Balrog good/fun? Haven't been able to find anything yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mad Lupine posted:

Any news on whether they made juri/Balrog good/fun? Haven't been able to find anything yet.

Afaik all they did to Juri was swap a kick input to a punch input and nothing else is different