Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Predictable that people would fall for the easily brushed away Russia stuff on Tillerson, and not the actual horrible poo poo he's done like find private armies in Africa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Joementum posted:

Predictable that people would fall for the easily brushed away Russia stuff on Tillerson, and not the actual horrible poo poo he's done like find private armies in Africa.

where did he find them?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
TRUMP REX

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lmao, trust this guy he used to be an Eagle Scout? Hahaha seriously?

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Brother Friendship posted:

It's very cool that our president is in bed with someone who hates the United States and wants to destroy Western civilization out of vengeance for what neo liberals did to his own country :lol:

Welcome to the Grant administration of the 21st century, this time led by a conman and not a genuine American hero! Something tells me that this time it'll be worse.

The next 4-8 years is going to be one long string of "Donald Trump doing obviously crazy and or illegal thing that harms American interests isn't real because that would mean we're crazy". Journalists can only accurately described current events in a fashion that can seem chicken little, except you know the sky is actually falling for real. Also, there's a huge industry of people who will contradict the sky fall warnings with claims of liberal media bias that people want to believe unquestioningly.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Have investigators found any coded message in this that says where the kidnappers are keeping her captive?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

Who would coup though? Republicans are happier than pigs in poo poo at another chance to gently caress over everyone and Dems are variously spineless appeasers, corporate centrists, and lickspittle lackeys.

Generals Idk

Who always coups in other states.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Joementum posted:

paramilitaries just aren't as sexy as ~the russia connection~

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Russia Rules Everything Around Me

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Serf posted:

where did he find them?

Outer Heaven

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

loving the simple format of these endorsements. here's another one i found:

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Joementum posted:

How is a guy who's only qualification for SoS is his friendship with Putin small potatoes? Not to say that private armies in Africa are good or anything, but this is Trump dropping trow and rubbing his balls all over the face of "American security interests matter". How is this anything other than "gently caress you, I'm a proud Russian stooge and the republicans are too cucked to stop me"? He could have nominated 1000 other people more qualified and here we are. It's a feature, not a bug.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Jesus I just woke up and I'm still kinda drunk. Everything sucks

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
It only took one bad election result for goons to turn into a left-wing equivalent of freepers insisting Obama was a secret Muslim Manchurian Candidate who was going to usher in the Islamic takeover of the US.

Serf
May 5, 2011

greatn posted:

Outer Heaven

paging Venom Snake

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Tony Perkins is not a fan of Rex and
It has nothing to do with Russia or lack of experience

quote:

Donald Trump put a lot of names in the pipeline to head the State Department, but few have fueled more controversy than ExxonMobil CEO and Chairman Rex Tillerson. The oil mogul, who’s spent his more than 40 years with the company, is one of the many names floated for the most-watched nomination of the new administration.

The Left, which doesn’t usually need a reason to oppose Trump’s choices, won’t find many here, since the ExxonMobil executive may be the greatest ally liberals have in the Cabinet for their abortion and LGBT agendas. That should be particularly alarming to conservatives, who’ve spent the last eight years watching the State Department lead the global parade for the slaughter of innocent unborn children and the intimidation of nations with natural views on marriage and sexuality.

No sooner had Hillary Clinton taken over the State Department in 2009 than the White House ordered her to use the agency as a club to beat other nations into submission on sensitive culture issues — a tradition that successor John Kerry has been all too eager to continue.

Now, after two terms of exporting radical social policy, Americans could finally see the light at the end of the Obama administration tunnel. To hear that Donald Trump may be appointing a man who not only led the charge to open the Boy Scouts to gay troop leaders but whose company directly gives to Planned Parenthood is upsetting at best. FRC knows Tillerson all too well, having worked for years to put the brakes on his reckless agenda for a scouting organization that was already dealing with staggering numbers of sexual abuse cases.

Unfortunately, the BSA, under Tillerson, ultimately caved to the pressure of the far-Left, irreparably splitting the Scouts and destroying a proud and honorable American tradition. Under his chairmanship, ExxonMobil’s score on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate “Equality” Index has also skyrocketed to 87 percent. Still, Trump calls Rex a “world class player and dealmaker,” but if these are the kinds of deals Tillerson makes — sending dollars to an abortion business that’s just been referred for criminal prosecution and risking the well-being of young boys under his charge in an attempt to placate radical homosexual activists — then who knows what sort of “diplomacy” he would champion at DOS?

Meanwhile, it seems Tillerson will have plenty of GOP opposition over his ties to something (or rather, someone) else: Russian President Vladamir Putin. The pair’s friendship, which started in the 1990s, is raising plenty of eyebrows on Capitol Hill, where senators like Marco Rubio (R-Fl.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.) weren’t shy about their objections.

“It’s a matter of concern to me that he has such a close personal relationship with Vladimir Putin,” McCain said Sunday, pointing out the “enormous deals” the two had done together. “That would color his approach to Vladimir Putin and the Russian threat.” Rubio echoed those concerns, tweeting “Being a ‘friend of Vladimir’ is not an attribute I am hoping for from #SecretaryOfState.”

Russia is just one hurdle Tillerson will face in his confirmation hearings with Senate Republicans. He’s also supported the carbon tax and, like President-elect Trump, has never held political or diplomatic office. For groups like FRC, who are tired of the State Department being used as a weapon in the global war on values, the problems run much deeper.

The agency already has an image problem after almost a decade of failing to respect the traditions and beliefs of other countries. The last thing Americans need is a leader who would continue to advocate (however subtly) the leftist social policy of the Obama years.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Boosted_C5 posted:

Prostrate yourselves before Trump. Admit before God and man your sinful ways.

Acknowledge the moral superiority of the common man and woman who made Trump

President.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxUOWy6FeLQ

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

deathbysnusnu posted:

How is a guy who's only qualification for SoS is his friendship with Putin small potatoes? Not to say that private armies in Africa are good or anything, but this is Trump dropping trow and rubbing his balls all over the face of "American security interests matter". How is this anything other than "gently caress you, I'm a proud Russian stooge and the republicans are too cucked to stop me"? He could have nominated 1000 other people more qualified and here we are. It's a feature, not a bug.

lol you think the only dictator Tillerson has worked with is Putin? You fell for it, my dude.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

deathbysnusnu posted:

Posters randomly appending "It's a feature, not a bug" to the end of posts is my totem, it's how I know I'm really here in D&D and not dreaming

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Did anyone say "i'm the newsminja2012" yet

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Hell yeah, the exxon ceo is gonna lead the global fight against the unborn, just not how you think

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Joementum posted:

lol you think the only dictator Tillerson has worked with is Putin? You fell for it, my dude.

No I don't think that. What I think is that his cozy relationship with Putin was his qualification for SoS. The other dictators and lovely actions are totally acceptable to Trump, but that's not what got him the job.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Tony Perkins is not a fan of Rex and
It has nothing to do with Russia or lack of experience

lmao get clowned on tony perkins

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Korelle posted:

It only took one bad election result for goons to turn into a left-wing equivalent of freepers insisting Obama was a secret Muslim Manchurian Candidate who was going to usher in the Islamic takeover of the US.

yeah its kinda surreal to see it from the other side

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

deathbysnusnu posted:

No I don't think that. What I think is that his cozy relationship with Putin was his qualification for SoS. The other dictators and lovely actions are totally acceptable to Trump, but that's not what got him the job.

I doubt the friendship with Putin is what had Condi and Cheney bursting into rooms to recommend him for the job.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Can we agree that Tillerson is a garbage person for a plethora of reasons? Does it matter which ones specifically stick out in any given moment? I don't think so.

Korelle posted:

Obama didn't have a bunch of people surrounding him with very well documented ties to Kenya. Nor did he have massive financial interests in Kenya.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Nichael posted:

Can we agree that Tillerson is a garbage person for a plethora of reasons? Does it matter which ones specifically stick out in any given moment? I don't think so.

and yet he will be our next secretary of state

death is certain lol

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

pretty sure being a monster is a requirement for the position

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Russia Rules Everything Around Me

RREAM

Serf
May 5, 2011

hahaha how appropriate

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SenRubioPress/status/808665273624576000

expected

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Nichael posted:

Obama didn't have a bunch of people surrounding him with very well documented ties to Kenya. Nor did he have massive financial interests in Kenya.

Or actively advocated to break up security alliances that Kenya opposed, or had the adviser to a Kenyan puppet state as his campaign manager, or paid Kenyan lobbyists in appointed cabinet level positions. Trump found the one weird trick to getting whatever he wants in politics: Do the crazy poo poo that Obama was accused of, and then have false equivalence narratives portray your concern as histrionics. But hey, no big I'm sure Trump won't do any concrete actions to further Russian interests like undermine NATO inside 6 months or anything lol.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Rubio's retraction of this statement and endorsement expected within hours.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I for one welcome our impending withdrawal from NATO and the UN

geez can you imagine the celebration Alex Jones will have when we leave the UN??

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/808396317995237376

lol missed this spicy take from eichenwald yesterday

Qwazes
Sep 29, 2014
Fun Shoe
I don't think that Tillerson has the votes to get appointed right now. McCain, Rubio, Paul + 48 dems is 51, so if Bernie and Warren can wrangle everyone in the Senate to vote him down he won't pass.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

deathbysnusnu posted:

Or actively advocated to break up security alliances that Kenya opposed, or had the adviser to a Kenyan puppet state as his campaign manager, or paid Kenyan lobbyists in appointed cabinet level positions. Trump found the one weird trick to getting whatever he wants in politics: Do the crazy poo poo that Obama was accused of, and then have false equivalence narratives portray your concern as histrionics. But hey, no big I'm sure Trump won't do any concrete actions to further Russian interests like undermine NATO inside 6 months or anything lol.
I can respect, to an extent, people being hesitant to start screaming Trump is a Manchurian candidate, but to compare our "histrionics" to what they said about Obama is dumb. We have a lot of evidence showing this poo poo. The Republicans had nothing showing Obama to be a gay Kenyan Muslim terrorist Nazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mannerup posted:

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/808396317995237376

lol missed this spicy take from eichenwald yesterday

to defeat batman, ban robin from your nation and hope he whines enough that batman gets sick of it

• Locked thread