Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'd be a miserable rear end in a top hat too if I grew up living in a house that was haunted by the ghost of Vic Morrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TetsuoTW posted:

Born on third, convinced he hit a triple and deserves widespread acclaim for his awesome hit, relentlessly blames everything else in the world every time one of his movies under-performs.

can't wait to see his run for potus

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Max Landis is a Chaotic Neutral Half-Elf Druid/Sorcerer

e: please make this the thread title for 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
max landis is an okay dude who makes good stuff, actually

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

DC Murderverse posted:

Max Landis is the villain in this one. I actually read the script, it's not very good, but as a cathartic work making fun of Max Landis, it's pretty great. In the script Lax Mandis has written a script called DARK, which is like Panic Room set in a closet, and also there are orcs.

The orc thing is a recurring joke, which is hilarious to me and probably a very small subset of people and no one else.

It's like the sequel to Adaptation that I never wanted.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

DC Murderverse posted:

Alrighty folks, time to see what poo poo is going to be green lighted in years ahead: It's the 2016 Blacklist!

I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW
Mike Makowsky

The apocalypse proves a blessing in disguise for one lucky recluse – until a second survivor arrives with the threat of companionship

FREE GUY
Matt Lieberman

A bank teller stuck in his routine discovers he’s a background character in a realistic, open world action-adventure video game and he is the only one capable of saving the city.

THE MISERABLE ADVENTURES OF BURT SQUIRE ABOARD THE HORN HIGH YO
Ben Bolea

The unbelievable true story of a family man from Alaska in the midst of a midlife crisis who embarks on what he hoped would be a dream sailing vacation but ends up shipwrecked in the Atlantic Ocean with a charming but psychotic sea captain who has decided to stop taking his medication.

Every one of these could be really good ... or be turned into a Kevin James movie. I'm pessimistically betting on the latter.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

quote:

MAN ALIVE
After an alien invasion takes over the minds of humankind, one survivor known as “Man” must make peace with the alien force to fight a greater evil.
Something tells me this script is really pretentious.

quote:

James Cameron's Titanic
A Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead take on Titanic. An overprotective mother attempts to keep her teenage daughter, young son, and rowdy sister together while sailing on the doomed voyage of the Titanic in 1912.
uh does this lady realize that the titanic was a real life event?

quote:

A DECONSTRUCTION OF REALITY
Tasked with finding a game changing take for the sixth Jason Bourne movie, Tom Milton goes deep down
the rabbit hole of cracking the story. With the guidance (and abuse) of a professor from his past and Bourne
himself, Tom begins workshopping scenes that begin to bleed into real life in unexpected ways.
Somebody couldn't come up with any ideas for a new movie and became desperate.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Hamlet is based on the legend of Amleth from the Gesta Danorum. Which is possibly maybe sorta vaguely based on an actual events. Much like Jame's Cameron's movie which uses a real disaster as a backdrop for a fictional tale.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I read a lil bit of the Max Landis parody script & mostly it's bad sitcom level jokes but props for the ascii middle fingers at the start & having the opening mirror the opening to the Entourage movie which would be a clever gag if it was on purpose.
Although maybe not because the overlap in a venn diagram split between "Gets clever gags" and "has seen the Entourage movie" is probably pretty small (or at least it would be if anyone actually saw the Entourage movie).

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sereri posted:

I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW
Mike Makowsky

The apocalypse proves a blessing in disguise for one lucky recluse – until a second survivor arrives with the threat of companionship

Already a TV show on FOX and already in it's third season.

There was more than a couple of them that I felt that I had already seen these movies, like VILLAINS, which sounded almost exactly like Don't Blink, and CONTINGENCY PROTOCOL, which sounds a bit like Looper.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I just assumed the movie is going to take place on James Cameron's version of Titanic. Like, Leo and Kate would be running around in the background. The joke is that everybody and their mother has seen that movie but it has been years so they can go Haha whenever they recognize something.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

For some reason tge letters "fi" seem to have disappeared frlm your post

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah, good stuff like Chronicle and...

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

With my only exposure to Max Landis being his appearances on Red Letter Media stuff, I can honestly say I'd love to hang out with him, he seems like a fun guy to be around.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Sereri posted:

THE MISERABLE ADVENTURES OF BURT SQUIRE ABOARD THE HORN HIGH YO
Ben Bolea[/b]
The unbelievable true story of a family man from Alaska in the midst of a midlife crisis who embarks on what he hoped would be a dream sailing vacation but ends up shipwrecked in the Atlantic Ocean with a charming but psychotic sea captain who has decided to stop taking his medication.

Every one of these could be really good ... or be turned into a Kevin James movie. I'm pessimistically betting on the latter.

This is the most appealing synopsis I've seen from this year's batch. Seems the most unusual anyway, really hoping they do a good job with it. I'll do my best not to read about the real event, but don't know if I have the willpower...

EDIT: So what are your fav produced blacklist movies from years past? Always looking to grow my netflix queue.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

C'mon, look at the guy.

Do you even need to ask?

Yeah, I wondered why there was such vitriol toward him too, until I saw a promo for Dirk Gently which consisted of him walking down a street filming himself talking about it on a phone camera and it all suddenly made sense.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
He has murderer blood

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Improbable Lobster posted:

For some reason tge letters "fi" seem to have disappeared frlm your post

Probably ligatures got lost in the copy-paste due to non-standard font use :)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

FishBulb posted:

He has murderer blood

Do all movie websites bring that up any chance they get or is that just a Goon thing?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Just a goon thing probably. I dunno I don't read movie websites

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Shageletic posted:

This is the most appealing synopsis I've seen from this year's batch. Seems the most unusual anyway, really hoping they do a good job with it. I'll do my best not to read about the real event, but don't know if I have the willpower...

I'm just looking forward to the slow cover of Sloop John B.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Len posted:

Do all movie websites bring that up any chance they get or is that just a Goon thing?

well, not many people can say they committed murder via helicopter or are related to someone who has, so it is kind of a notable thing on one's resume

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Len posted:

I've seen jokes about his dad being a helicopter parent all over the place.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

LesterGroans posted:

American Ultra was an excellent Mumblecore Gear Solid film and Landis's short form Youtube videos (Death and Return of Superman, Wrestling Isn't Wrestling) are great.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Len posted:

Most people just bring it up about the father John directly, since he's still around. Holding the kid who was born after it happened responsible by association is kinda dumb, but he seems like kind of a tool outside of that anyway.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FreudianSlippers posted:

I've seen jokes about his dad being a helicopter parent all over the place.

I thought it was Vic Morrow that was all over the place.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Landis helped launch* Dane DeHaan's carrier career with Chronicle so that's pretty cool

*maybe there's a VTOL joke in here but I'm too lazy to find it

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

raditts posted:

well, not many people can say they committed murder via helicopter or are related to someone who has, so it is kind of a notable thing on one's resume

I really hate right-wing people but this post right here is about as clear a case of virtue signalling as you can get.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

DoctorWhat posted:

American Ultra was an excellent Mumblecore Gear Solid film and Landis's short form Youtube videos (Death and Return of Superman, Wrestling Isn't Wrestling) are great.

Oh, okay. I mean, they're not, but now I know what you're talking about. (I find the YouTube videos you mentioned especially grating).

I thought you were talking about his Mr. and Mrs. Smith riff or that talking penis movie he directed or whatever.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Memes tell you to pretend to be upset at Max Landis.

Meanwhile, there is no meme telling you to pretend to be upset at Adi Shankar.

Therefore you are upset at Max Landis, and not Adi Shankar.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Adi Shankar only made a couple of embarrassing YouTube videos.

But he produced The Grey. When Landis produces The Grey I'll cut him some slack.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LesterGroans posted:

American Ultra was pretty good, and his Wrestling Isn't Fake video is excellent.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

precision posted:

American Ultra was pretty good, and his Wrestling Isn't Fake video is excellent.

American Ultra has some really good performances but overall it's pretty weak. I hate that Wrestling video though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I liked Dirk Gently before it was cool.

:(

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DoctorWhat posted:

Nope

Well, Wrestling Isn't Wrestling is alright

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Detective No. 27 posted:

I liked Dirk Gently before it was cool.

:(

The Overman Dirk Gently from 2010 was really, really good. Much better than the Landis one.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Why would I be upset at Adi Shankar? I mean, yeah he looks kinda silly but the man executive produced Dredd.

And produced this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

When the US marshal and the person in her custody in Contingency Protocol "struggle to find their way back to the present day", are they just like, getting jobs and waiting it out for 20 years? I'd watch a slow burn time travel movie about that.

I also like the stealth Demolition Man remake and the weird attempt to depict being the UK prime minister as something dignified instead of a never-ending trainwreck:

quote:

THE GUN SHOW
Lucas Carter
A famous top cop wakes up twenty years after a shootout and is reinstated to solve the case that killed his old
partner. Only problem: he’s a bull in a China shop, and 2016 is a very diferent time than the 1990s world he’s
used to. To teach him the ropes, he’s paired with his old partner’s son, a risk averse trafc cop.

quote:

REASON OF STATE
Matthew Orton
Twenty four hours inside the British Prime Minister’s abode at 10 Downing Street.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

LesterGroans posted:

MrBling posted:

Why would I be upset at Adi Shankar?

That is exactly my point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

But he produced The Grey. When Landis produces The Grey I'll cut him some slack.

I don't know man this page: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Adi+Shankar&FORM=HDRSC2

On the other end of the scale, Harrison Ford punched Ryan Gosling in the face and only gave him a sip of his scotch as sorry: http://www.gq.com/story/ryan-gosling-profile

EDIT: Then I found this video Shankar did about independent financing and I like him again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWP88WKVBKs

It's a rollercoaster of emotion over here.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 13, 2016

• Locked thread