Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

epipen posted:

surgical intervention basically can't occur until they're about 18 anyway - and definitely not before they're allowed to progress from puberty blockers (GnRH agonists, anti-androgens, etc) to a full HRT regimen (medication to block what they'd normally produce for a sex hormone, + their choice of testosterone or estradiol, etc) for a few years
also it costs a fucktonne of money and most trans people can't afford it

ah

my only knowledge of this is people older than 18 being upset they didn't do the necessary when they were of age and a lot of 20 or 30 y/os regretting missing a window before they got back hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

this would have been a pro snype

syscall girl posted:

ah

my only knowledge of this is people older than 18 being upset they didn't do the necessary when they were of age and a lot of 20 or 30 y/os regretting missing a window before they got back hair

i mean, laser/electrolytic hair removal are a thing, it's just expensive and painful
most people our age tend not to have *known* back then
one of the main barriers is not understanding or having the words for it, and that's a barrier that's kind of going away over time, i guess

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

new westworld opening looking sassy

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

keyboard vomit posted:

Draw birds, post birds

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...o-a7476441.html

karma is a wonderful thing

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

oh hey gurl yeah its cool of you to visit lets throw a movie on and get comfy on the Colonel

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

lol classic

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

not dickbutt, 2/10

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

not a Don't Quote Stymie

2/5 needs improvement

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

:allears:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I got a steamlink and it's good

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I got a steamlink and it's good

yeah just be sure to run ethernet to it, doesnt do well on wifi

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Mad Wack posted:

yeah just be sure to run ethernet to it, doesnt do well on wifi

didn't even bother to try the wireless lol

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

typeset on Wandows 9Âż

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

:poolgirl:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

my work has this in television form hanging from the ceiling

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

MY PIZAGA

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Shaggar posted:

is this a joke? I don't recognize this meme

like most terrible things on the internet it started out as a joke but was quickly taken over by people who took it a *little* too seriously

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:looks at page 443:

:looks at page 444:

carry on

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ADINSX posted:

I still watch it every monday but hit or miss is a good way to describe it. The worst are the fancy car reviews or when he gets pretentious or overly philosophical and it just comes off as trite and boring.

The best motorcycle review was the first minute of the hybusa review

his bmw 7 series one was real fuckin good though

I WEAR A TRENCHCOAT AND TINY ROUND EYE-GLASSES THAT I BOUGHT AT LENSCRAFTERS

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Rex-Goliath posted:

his bmw 7 series one was real fuckin good though

I WEAR A TRENCHCOAT AND TINY ROUND EYE-GLASSES THAT I BOUGHT AT LENSCRAFTERS

all my :bmw: fanboyism aside yeah the 7 series review was one of the best ones and its completely bang on

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

whyd you say bmw instead of my rear wheel drive sedan

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

quote:

Man who contracted bubonic plague from cat bite: ‘My recovery shocked everybody’

this has happened before and i guess happened again

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/bubonic-plague-survivor-speaks-recovery-article-1.1600598

flanneled beardy guy cares more about his cat than his own welfare, gets bitten

oregon

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
wow, that photo of his hand

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 379 days!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

syscall girl posted:

ah

thats what puberty blockers are for. testosterone fucks you up forever and theyre allowed to prevent your puberty until you're old enough to have informed consent. is pretty normal to wish your parents had the understanding and foresight to get you on puberty blockers in time. when i came out to my mom the first time she told me i was just confused because i needed to get laid which hosed me up bad enough i went full closet for 14 more years, by which time t had done a lot of its damage.

and surgery has nothing to do with body hair. thats all hormonal.

if you have genuine questions about being trans or what transitioning involves for trans people, feel free to pm me. just dont be a dick.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

thats what puberty blockers are for. testosterone fucks you up forever and theyre allowed to prevent your puberty until you're old enough to have informed consent. is pretty normal to wish your parents had the understanding and foresight to get you on puberty blockers in time. when i came out to my mom the first time she told me i was just confused because i needed to get laid which hosed me up bad enough i went full closet for 14 more years, by which time t had done a lot of its damage.

and surgery has nothing to do with body hair. thats all hormonal.

if you have genuine questions about being trans or what transitioning involves for trans people, feel free to pm me. just dont be a dick.

sorry i didn't mean to be a dick

and had no idea about puberty blockers

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

me now me later

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it occurs to me that yospos has more transwomen than it does ciswomen. i think there are at least half a dozen trans posters but the only pseudo-regular i can think of with two X chromosomes is funhilde.

it's the only "place" in my life where that's true, to my knowledge.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

life… finds a way?

its cool that its a safe place to be comfortable being who you are, which is something you dont see enough of :unsmith:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

agreed. and highly ironic that it's somethingawful, of all places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

it occurs to me that yospos has more transwomen than it does ciswomen. i think there are at least half a dozen trans posters but the only pseudo-regular i can think of with two X chromosomes is funhilde.

it's the only "place" in my life where that's true, to my knowledge.

there are some more girls that post in the cat thread i think

also what happened to quiggy?

• Locked thread