Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I wasnt even pulling for Noctis on this banner

I was pulling for Mercedes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Hah, the "get 200 Trochoid gears" daily quest is still available even though the Hanging Edge no longer is.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Daily pull, 4*.... Cheez

Nice, Finally got her

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Daily... RAINBOW...Gaffgarion.

Ok, he's my first one so that's cool. He's not worthless. BUT for a rainbow... gently caress you Gumi.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Did they add a faster encounters item for exploration?

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Shoenin posted:

Daily pull, 4*.... Cheez

Nice, Finally got her

All my hate

Daily pull: Golbez

Unable to resist the allure of the godly Blade Mastery, I started burning my hard earned F2P tickets:

Xiao
Penelo
Gold Sabin
Charlotte
Duane
Galuf
Charlotte
Duane
Zidane
Charlotte
Roselia
Hayate
Cecil
Ingus
Sabin
Duane
Gold Refia
Kefka
Ludmille
Lenna
Maria
Arc
Gold Freya
Gold Kuja
Firion
Kuja
Cyan
Charlotte
Charlotte
Gold Krile
Charlotte
Charlotte
Garland
Penelo
Locke
Firion
Charlotte
Rydia
Gold Mercedes
Charlotte
Golbez
Ingus
Charlotte

:negative:
All those tickets and basically nothing to show for it. My sadness is supreme right now.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Trilin posted:

All those tickets and basically nothing to show for it. My sadness is supreme right now.

Mercedes is good, Locke is good for farming rare items and has a good TMR, Arc has a good TMR, Xiao has a pretty good TMR.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Firion gets 6* right after Orlandu comes out so a month from now, and he's easily as good if not better than Chizuru, so start working on those.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Lightning, your carry days were great, but sadly, I need your stuff. :(

And here's the dang jerk thief that has stolen your spot on the friend list (gimme a yell if you need an add):

e: Also the moogle is not always above the door.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Dec 17, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
For us F2P nonmacroers who never had the luck to get Chiz or Lightning or Luneth or CoD or the few other GET OR HAVE A HARD TIME *DPS this gimped Noctis is the best thing ever, but he is too gimped if he remains this way while Lightning and Chiz look so incredibly future proof.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Shoenin posted:

I wasnt even pulling for Noctis on this banner

I was pulling for Mercedes

I got mercedes. Can we trade? :negative:

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Used my last 500 lapis to try pulling a second time today because gently caress it

got a 2nd ExDeath. I'll take it.

Also I've been playing since release and I have yet to see a rainbow crystal. Then I see rank 21 players in Arena with Luneth, Lightning and Sabin and I feel bad.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My daily was another mercedes. So thats a faster axe or dual wielding pirate axe woman if I ever get another zidane

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Would you consider buying lapis to fuel TM macro grinding a wise investment. I'm around 75% on my first DW, which goes up to about 90 if I were to combine my two Zidanes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Would you consider buying lapis to fuel TM macro grinding a wise investment. I'm around 75% on my first DW, which goes up to about 90 if I were to combine my two Zidanes.

Never combine a Zidane unless you have 5 or more.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Do not combine them. You want as many as you can get. And I burn lapis for my grinding, I have the units i want so what do I really need lapis for? I'm content pulling dailies and burning event tickets.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Probably the wisest investment you can make. Those dopamine fixes from clicking the summon button don't net you poo poo 95% of the time while TMs are always useful no matter who unit of the month is.

don't combine your Zidanes.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I saw some guy ragequit on the brevius twitter after buying 100k lapis trying to get Noctis and not getting him.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

MrLonghair posted:

I saw some guy ragequit on the brevius twitter after buying 100k lapis trying to get Noctis and not getting him.

That's what, about 500-600 dollars? :psyduck:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I wonder how many base 5*s he already had too. I kinda doubt he really quit for good. On the one hand I'm sure Gumi is sad they lost a whale, but on the other hand he probably paid them more in a day than most players will ever pay them. So if you're F2P give that man a :hfive: and wish him godspeed to whatever game he decides to go fund for the F2Pers next.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 17, 2016

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well, I haven't gotten Noctis, but I have gotten every TM character that has eluded me up to this point.

Miyuki
Chiz
Locke
Hayate
Xiao

Now I just need time to TM grind them all :(.

I currently have in the furnace:

Gungnir, Dual Wield, Dual Cast, Save the Queen and Black Cowl.

Been tossing all my moogles into Dual Wield. Not sure what to prioritize after that. Assuming I'm building a TM cache for Orlandu what should go next? I already have an excalibur ready for him. I'm thinking:

1. Black Cowl
2. Save the Queen
3. ?

Is there an order of priority? I do have Maxwell ready to grind out as well.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Until you have five of them you cannot have too many DW and-or dualcast.

Here's the whale that quit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5isqvb/a_farewell_to_you_ffbe_reddit/?st=iwtf9g21&sh=cc074e2e
And his account: https://imgur.com/gallery/jCgZs
He should have spent the money on seeing a shrink instead

And another posted over there "In the past I had spent probably 5,000 USD pulling trash from Summoners War with a similar outcome you had here today and rage quit in frustration, burning the bridge by selling and dissolving all characters that were highly regarded at the time."

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 17, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I'd prioritize by what you can use now.

Ideally Orlandu is going to want Excalibur, Sakafurubuki, Black Cowl, Brave Suit, 2x Bracer, Blade Mastery, Power of Creation, Dualwield and either Lunge Combo or Seal of Destruction.

MrLonghair posted:

Here's the whale that quit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5isqvb/a_farewell_to_you_ffbe_reddit/?st=iwtf9g21&sh=cc074e2e

And another posted over there "In the past I had spent probably 5,000 USD pulling trash from Summoners War with a similar outcome you had here today and rage quit in frustration, burning the bridge by selling and dissolving all characters that were highly regarded at the time."

He didn't have Delita or DracuLaswell so I don't know how he already hadn't committed suicide.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 17, 2016

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
wouldn't genji glove be more ideal

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

MrLonghair posted:

This is why I am a F2Per. Seems you have to go all or nothing with this game, spending >$300 just for a reasonable shot at new base 5*s. I am the type that buys $60 new games, and happily throw $5-10 at a time at good F2P games but that gets you nothing with this game. IMO they are failing to capitalize on a huge market of people willing to throw $5-10 at the game every few weeks and instead only target the whales.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cry Havoc posted:

Losing ATK+30 and HP+15% from a Bracer to gain

A Seal of Destruction for ATK/MAG +20% and HP +10%

I guess it depends if 5% health is better or worse for you than 20% MAG on a character that wouldn't use the stat. I'd take the health myself. Unless I'm calculating the ATK wrong, but I thought it scaled off the base value at 6*100 so assuming 150ATK would be the same +30 ATK.

Do +%s increase with pots? If that's the case you'd get a few extra ATK out of another Seal.

Alpha Mayo posted:

This is why I am a F2Per. Seems you have to go all or nothing with this game, spending >$300 just for a reasonable shot at new base 5*s. I am the type that buys $60 new games, and happily throw $5-10 at a time at good F2P games but that gets you nothing with this game. IMO they are failing to capitalize on a huge market of people willing to throw $5-10 at the game every few weeks and instead only target the whales.

I'd bet even if they just had a $50 bundle every banner that gave you ever character on the banner, only purchasable with real money it would sell like hotcakes. Unfortunately since we know what's coming from Japan it wouldn't work with Global. Sadly we're stuck in a system where "exploit your playerbase until everyone gets bored and leaves" seems to be the mentality.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 17, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alpha Mayo posted:

I put down the money for the discounted single pulls in FFRK because I feel like that game has given me enough entertainment to be worth about as much as most people pay on monthly subscription fees to FF14, and that money gives me non-terrible returns for that investment.

FFBE has neither given me that level of enjoyment (past a mindless grind) nor do I feel my money will do anything but anger me further.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

gently caress im regretting not spending some nrg yesterday to get more 6* awakening mats.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

deathbagel posted:

I am at well over 200 pulls, probably close to 300 and my only base 5* unit is Dracu Lasswell. I'm still hoping all my luck is just piling up for Orlandu and I'll draw 5 in a row.

Same. But in reality we will get nothing but trash because Gumi are bastards.

MrLonghair posted:

On banner base 5* units have less chance of being pulled than the rarest godfest only units in Puzzle and Dragon. It's pretty disgusting and there's no reason for Gumi to change it if the game's profitable.

It also helps me never spend money on the game because the rates are so bad that the odds are heavily in favor of said money being a huge waste.

Cry Havoc posted:

It will be when we start seeing the 30-40% atk TMR materia but right now Bracers are more atk.

PaybackJack posted:

I'd bet even if they just had a $50 bundle every banner that gave you ever character on the banner, only purchasable with real money it would sell like hotcakes. Unfortunately since we know what's coming from Japan it wouldn't work with Global. Sadly we're stuck in a system where "exploit your playerbase until everyone gets bored and leaves" seems to be the mentality.

$50 for every banner character would likely lose them far more money than they'd gain. Whales would spend a fraction of their current amounts while F2Pers would still not spend money and you'd get a few new spends here and there but assuming it'd be a net gain is unlikely.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
So does it seem like some people get repeatedly lucky while other people get repeatedly screwed? It almost seems like a lot of the people who landed a lightning or two also managed to snag a Luneth or gilgamesh or noctus while people who miss out miss out on almost all of them. Probably just some sort of goofy confirmation bias on my part since I've managed to miss all the good dudes despite throwing a decent (at least 40 pulls) at each guy but I know I'm definitely not alone! I guess this dumb draculaz will have to console me along with chiz.

Anywho are there any decent guesses as to when WoL might get his 6 star? Looks like he gets some sort of mass full break which would be pretty neato I think

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Evil Fluffy posted:

$50 for every banner character would likely lose them far more money than they'd gain. Whales would spend a fraction of their current amounts while F2Pers would still not spend money and you'd get a few new spends here and there but assuming it'd be a net gain is unlikely.

Definitely. The trick is to make something $10-20 that everyone would be interested in, but not directly related to rolling. For example, I would be happy to pay $20 for 30 days of double energy production or spend $5 on a 6* awakening mats pack. I don't think whalers would be offended by either of those.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

A small pack of trust moogles that you could buy once a week/month/whatever would probably be bought by nearly everyone.

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008
Is there anyone I am not friends with who would like to be my friend? I have a mighty fine Noctis, no lie

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
The way Gumi charges for things in FFBE is what makes me less inclined to give them money than say.. Granblue Fantasy. Surprise tickets in that game are $30 for the character of your choice and a 10 roll ticket that you can save for rate up events. $30 in FFBE doesn't even get me a 10 roll :(

MohShuvuu fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 17, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Unfortunately I think you're right in that Gumi is incapable of making a game that is not going to result in player burnout from lovely events like the last one. If they were producing higher quality events, that weren't god awful grinds for lovely equipment, I think people would be more willing to invest in characters needed to participate in them.

All we're seeing is events that demand you burn lapis for NRG to make more runs for event currency with nothing to spend on it except more summon tickets and leveling mats. When I actually sit down and think about the awful treadmill that this game is, it's really disheartening. Especially compared to something like Future Fight, which I don't need to Macro to get anything from, I actually pay attention to when I play it because it's interactive, and releases loads of free content that adds new characters and items that aren't typically locked behind a paywall.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Let my husband tap the crystal today and got my first Chizuru. I have the best husband ever.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

My issue isnt how many rolls you get since they do hand out summon tickets at every event. What gets me is the horrible power creep. Ive had games where getting the best gear can last me a whole year before its time to upgrade, and not only can you just get some bum draws that screw you over, but i cant even see why'd youd spend a ton of money on even the best characters when there's going to be an even insanely better one just a month later?

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is the worst part, these games pretty much dont give a gently caress about f2p, a whale will propably give more payout then 1000 regular players, your job is to give the whales someone to brag to when they finally pull orlandu. Also keep in mind not every whale is a rich person, there are people who throw away life savings on these kinda games because it feeds on gambling impulses and pretty much any game with a lootbox works like this.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 17, 2016

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Got another Charlotte from my daily pull. That is 6 so far. That this rate I'll have her TM maxed by the end of the banner.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PaybackJack posted:

Unfortunately I think you're right in that Gumi is incapable of making a game that is not going to result in player burnout from lovely events like the last one. If they were producing higher quality events, that weren't god awful grinds for lovely equipment, I think people would be more willing to invest in characters needed to participate in them.

All we're seeing is events that demand you burn lapis for NRG to make more runs for event currency with nothing to spend on it except more summon tickets and leveling mats. When I actually sit down and think about the awful treadmill that this game is, it's really disheartening. Especially compared to something like Future Fight, which I don't need to Macro to get anything from, I actually pay attention to when I play it because it's interactive, and releases loads of free content that adds new characters and items that aren't typically locked behind a paywall.

They have the same grind in a lot of Brave Frontier stuff but we have auto-battle in that game. Though there are some fights in BF that have unacceptable levels of bullshit (like the Entrusted Will GQ).

Tengames posted:

My issue isnt how many rolls you get since they do hand out summon tickets at every event. What gets me is the horrible power creep. Ive had games where getting the best gear can last me a whole year before its time to upgrade, and not only can you just get some bum draws that screw you over, but i cant even see why'd youd spend a ton of money on even the best characters when there's going to be an even insanely better one just a month later?

Good units will still last a year or so in this (especially if you've grinded out TMs). The best gear in those other games might last you a year but in many cases it isn't still the best gear 1-2 months after you got it. A unit like Lightning or Luneth isn't as good as Tidus or Orlandu but the former will still be useful a year later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Pokemaster #421 posted:

So does it seem like some people get repeatedly lucky while other people get repeatedly screwed? It almost seems like a lot of the people who landed a lightning or two also managed to snag a Luneth or gilgamesh or noctus while people who miss out miss out on almost all of them. Probably just some sort of goofy confirmation bias on my part since I've managed to miss all the good dudes despite throwing a decent (at least 40 pulls) at each guy but I know I'm definitely not alone! I guess this dumb draculaz will have to console me along with chiz.

Anywho are there any decent guesses as to when WoL might get his 6 star? Looks like he gets some sort of mass full break which would be pretty neato I think

Remember people who get cool stuff are more likely to comment on it. I quit in disgust for months after striking out repeatedly. Having a favorite ff is a bad idea in this game.

Tmr is a poo poo, hateful system, so are their draw rates. But Gacha games aren't known for their friendly economics. Ffbe is way more generous than this game and the prices for draws in that game are still insane.

• Locked thread