Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

When I compare be to the other mobile game I play, dokkan battle, I can't help but think that dokkan battle is better in most every way.

At least BE is better than record keeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I finally pulled my second 4* base character: Chizaru! :toot: Only took until her third banner to finally pull her. Was feeling lucky and got punished with two Charlottes so that was the end of today's pull streak. I had also just dumped my gear cactuars into getting Bartz up to lv90 so it'll take a while to get Chiz up to speed.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Do +%s increase with pots? If that's the case you'd get a few extra ATK out of another Seal.

Pots raise the base attack of a character so +% do increase with the more pots added.

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.
Even with macros, TM grinding seems incredibly laughably slow unless you are willing to burn lapis by the truckload. Hell, I think adding lapis wouldn't speed it up that dramatically either. What a stupid mechanic.

I'm really feeling it now, with a total lack of other things to do at the moment. I've got my units maxed out and as equipped as they can be barring TMR rewards and items slowly forging, so now all I can really do is slam the earth shrine and watch numbers crawl up at an agonizing rate.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why doesn't the maze count as a Vortex daily? Whatever, I never got the lapis from the Creation chamber in the Vortex of desires so just did that.

1/2 pull was Blanka I think.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
I'm so close to having my first TMR (Dual Wield) done, but this last 5% has been so agonizing. With seemingly no actual event with exclusive equipment/tickets going on this week, I think I'm gonna spend most of the week macroing. Which TMR's should I prioritize? The rest of my current TMR party is

Zidane 2
Luna
Luna 2
Ludmille

Notable TMR units I have in reserve include Ludmille 2, Chizuru, Hayate, Miyuki, Cecil, Arc and Maxwell. I'm tempted to smash my 2 Lunas together, as barrage seems to be getting more and more irrelevant, and both pure attack units I currently field already have it innately. Also, am I correct that once Zidane 1 pops I can safely fuse him into Zidane 2 for the 5% boost?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

When I compare be to the other mobile game I play, dokkan battle, I can't help but think that dokkan battle is better in most every way.

At least BE is better than record keeper

FFRK's upside is that they're almost as generous in their global version as they are in their japan version. Like the Black Friday banner was BSB-only for 5* relics with the guarantee of at least one 5* relic. I don't see FFBE doing anything close to that for a long while, if ever. For Global anyways.

Plus even the most absurd bullshit fights in FFRK can't hold a candle to the poo poo that Gumi pulls. Plus unlike FFBE/BF, FFRK doesn't have fights that can take the better part of an hour.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The powercreep units really are leagues ahead of some of the other units but a lot of the 6* awakenings turn some of the older, less useful or niche units into respectable ones. There are plenty of strong budget units, just gotta wait till they get their awakenings.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Shingouryu posted:

I'm so close to having my first TMR (Dual Wield) done, but this last 5% has been so agonizing. With seemingly no actual event with exclusive equipment/tickets going on this week, I think I'm gonna spend most of the week macroing. Which TMR's should I prioritize? The rest of my current TMR party is

Zidane 2
Luna
Luna 2
Ludmille

Notable TMR units I have in reserve include Ludmille 2, Chizuru, Hayate, Miyuki, Cecil, Arc and Maxwell. I'm tempted to smash my 2 Lunas together, as barrage seems to be getting more and more irrelevant, and both pure attack units I currently field already have it innately. Also, am I correct that once Zidane 1 pops I can safely fuse him into Zidane 2 for the 5% boost?

Dual Wield will always be rare and will double the damage of every melee character that doesn't come with it. Get it. Dualcast makes healers insanely op, especially if you have Refia. Neither of these will ever be powercreeped.
I'd go for those first.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I just dropped $1,200 for FFBE...

On a new phone to play it on. Holy poo poo, it feels like a whole new loving game. Everything loads instantly and my 4x Dual Cast Meteor team finishes matches 3x faster compared to my old phone.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Acceptable....

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Only one Charlotte? Must be shopped.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Gah I can't believe it. Since I apparently hate money and myself I dropped for another 11 pull because who needs to eat when there are pixel mans to try and get. It went

Charlotte
Charlotte
Charlotte (at this point I didn't know whether to laugh or cry)
Firion cool his 6 star is supposed to be aight
Fran
Fran (game is back to hating me)
Zidane Yay
Zidane wtf doubles all the way down
Cerious
Lani of course
Arc aight but I've got one already

And on the very last crystal down comes that beautiful rainbow bastard to get my hopes up before inevitably crushing them to dust only to get
Noctus! Finally I finally finally finally pulled a good dude on their banner. I'm so stoked but now all I can think of is poo poo I should've saved all those tickets and luck for orlandu. Na ima enjoy this one. It's not quite lightning or Luneth but I have no complaints since it sounds like some people drop hundreds of tickets to get one of these top level guys. Now I desperately have to figure out how I can get some tm farming going and slap dual wields on him and chiz and cod and rip poo poo up

And it's off to the grind maze. God this is stupidly addictive

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Gah I can't believe it. Since I apparently hate money and myself I dropped for another 11 pull because who needs to eat when there are pixel mans to try and get. It went

Congrats on your 15% towards Equip Heavy Shield (surprisingly good for healers!) and your two future Dual Wields.

oh and your fresh prince of reddit flair, i guess

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Sometimes I think to myself, drat I really want this unit. It's an awesome unit. It's sprite and animations are really good. He will enrich my team and make me happy for a long time.

Then I watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMUW6SOclag

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I can't believe the delta between TMR'd characters and ones without. Like I have Noctis and I could share him, but why bother? I'll hit for a few thousand damage, the heavy hitters with 500-700 attack on my friends list with Lightning/Luneth/Gilg/etc will hit for several hundred thousand.

It's batshit how wide that gap is.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

victrix posted:

I can't believe the delta between TMR'd characters and ones without. Like I have Noctis and I could share him, but why bother? I'll hit for a few thousand damage, the heavy hitters with 500-700 attack on my friends list with Lightning/Luneth/Gilg/etc will hit for several hundred thousand.

Yet not everyone seems to realize this, and take their awesome TMs for granted.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Sure, I'd like to get Noctis. Maybe I will spend on the christmas sale bundles, if there are any. But for now I'm content with trying to make the best Mercedes possible. I just need one more so I can get two of those axes eventually.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

victrix posted:

You should come on discord and share your thoughts with fenrir :v:

Yeah noctis would be nice. Any 5* base would be p cool for that matter. Not getting moderately shafted by this banner would've been cool too. But I'm still pretty happy with my 700 atk cheese, since I drew her after her era had ended. And I've yet to be stonewalled by trials, so I guess until then I'm good.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Sure, I'd like to get Noctis. Maybe I will spend on the christmas sale bundles, if there are any. But for now I'm content with trying to make the best Mercedes possible. I just need one more so I can get two of those axes eventually.

This guy gets it.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

KataraniSword posted:

Congrats on your 15% towards Equip Heavy Shield (surprisingly good for healers!) and your two future Dual Wields.

oh and your fresh prince of reddit flair, i guess

Thank you! Yeah my main mission now is to figure out how to get tm grinding going on what I have available. The thought of dual wielding cheese and noctis and if it stacks double hand too is just too drat awesome to not make it work. And if they don't work together I still want to make a guy with Cecils Excalibur and dk Cecils deathbringer because that would be pretty nifty I think

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

MrLonghair posted:

Until you have five of them you cannot have too many DW and-or dualcast.

Here's the whale that quit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5isqvb/a_farewell_to_you_ffbe_reddit/?st=iwtf9g21&sh=cc074e2e
And his account: https://imgur.com/gallery/jCgZs
He should have spent the money on seeing a shrink instead

And another posted over there "In the past I had spent probably 5,000 USD pulling trash from Summoners War with a similar outcome you had here today and rage quit in frustration, burning the bridge by selling and dissolving all characters that were highly regarded at the time."

It will never not be funny to me reading a whale's rage quit post. Dude has probably one of the better rosters in the entire game, but he 1) he seemingly didn't learn his lesson from the other times he blew a lot of money on nothing, and 2) didn't get this one character so now he has to throw away the account he's invested thousands into because it's one action figure short of a complete set

edit: and it's not even a time limited character, you'd think he would've pitched a bigger fit over missing draculaswell

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

victrix posted:

Remember people who get cool stuff are more likely to comment on it. I quit in disgust for months after striking out repeatedly. Having a favorite ff is a bad idea in this game.

Mine's 8.

:negative: I just want Laguna.

victrix posted:

It's really weird when people say poo poo like "TMs don't really matter" too because outside of the colisseum or the story poo poo, I can't clear most things without a TM'd up friend 6* unit and games like this are only really fun if you can actually do the events and stay up to date on content.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
One or two TMs can make the difference between a unit being pretty good and being facewrecking god-tier. 6* CoD was alright when I got him, after I put dual wield on him he was the only real unit I needed to bring to clear the FFXIII event with a lightning friend. One dualcast turns Refia from great healer to "Unless she gets taken out mid round, your team is never going to die"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dial-a-Dog posted:

One or two TMs can make the difference between a unit being pretty good and being facewrecking god-tier. 6* CoD was alright when I got him, after I put dual wield on him he was the only real unit I needed to bring to clear the FFXIII event with a lightning friend. One dualcast turns Refia from great healer to "Unless she gets taken out mid round, your team is never going to die"

It really does seem to be the dual cast/wield ones too. It really sucks if you don't have a zidane or gilgamesh by now and haven't pulled luneth or lightning.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Nuebot posted:

It really does seem to be the dual cast/wield ones too. It really sucks if you don't have a zidane or gilgamesh by now and haven't pulled luneth or lightning.

Me. I'm the one with no Zidane. :saddowns:

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Sometimes I wonder if these gacha games would be nearly as big money makers if they existed in a world without forums/the internet. If it wasn't for you guys telling me who's good and who isn't, I'd still be rolling through story content with Kuja/Golbez/Kefka/Vivi/Luna. I'd also have no idea that half the characters even exist, and have no reason to spend anything on the gacha.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, if it wasn't a F2P game with obvious power inflation going on, I'd think they had no idea what they were doing when they put the dual wield and dualcast mechanics in, especially in the arena where those abilities let you effectively double your damage cap over characters without them

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Sometimes I wonder if these gacha games would be nearly as big money makers if they existed in a world without forums/the internet. If it wasn't for you guys telling me who's good and who isn't, I'd still be rolling through story content with Kuja/Golbez/Kefka/Vivi/Luna. I'd also have no idea that half the characters even exist, and have no reason to spend anything on the gacha.

JP doesnt have the foresight that we do, so they typically just throw thier money at the newest hotness and it seems to work

Tengames fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 18, 2016

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I usually take a middle ground. Once I decide that I am for sure going to play a game for years if not longer, then I will usually spend some money for good pulls, but once I have a few characters who should be able to be fine for endgame if I never pull anything again, then I pull way back. (unless there's an absurd package offer or I get the occasional wild urge to spend $50 or something)

I'd like to get a Noctis, but I have Cecil, Refia, Exdeath, and Lightning. I don't actually NEED anything else, and if I whaled for Noctis, there'd just be a new hotness in 3-4 months that outclasses him. If there's a good christmas special package then I might splurge for a couple 11-summons but if I don't get him, fine.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

Three Cecils, Two Agrias, Two Lockes, Zero Zidanes. :negative:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Right now I could combine my (only 2) Zidanes and use some trust moogles to get a Dual Wield. It's very tempting, but I know it's best to hold out to eventually get two of them.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Global - Never Ever Ever Combine Zidanes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

if i got a zidane i doubt i would feel nearly as bad about never drawing one of the base 5*s, since a dual wield firion would be totally awesome.

as for the dualcast refia thing, that's no joke especially considering she's immune to so many status effects due to one of her passives. in fact due to her being immune to petrify that dual wield golem staff bullshit doesn't even matter. im fairly certain a refia/buttz/cecil arena team is actually meaningfully unkillable when you control your team? provided you have access to your spells that is

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
We really need gear loadouts in this loving game. Its retarded I have to gently caress over my friends list everytime I want to put Golem Staff on my Gilg for arena.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

as for the dualcast refia thing, that's no joke especially considering she's immune to so many status effects due to one of her passives. in fact due to her being immune to petrify that dual wield golem staff bullshit doesn't even matter. im fairly certain a refia/buttz/cecil arena team is actually meaningfully unkillable when you control your team? provided you have access to your spells that is

Not only does it not matter if she gets hit by a golem staff, 90% of the golem staff users in the arena are CoDs, so chances are she'll literally negate the staff entirely once her turn is up and she kills CoD

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Global - Never Ever Ever Combine Zidanes

For real, this should be the title. Mods?

rabidsquid posted:

if i got a zidane i doubt i would feel nearly as bad about never drawing one of the base 5*s, since a dual wield firion would be totally awesome.

I rely more on Butz' Gale Barrage (when the Arena rules say I can use the loving thing) with a Golem Staff/Shining Splendor Dual Wield combo (I have ONE Zidane) while he wears a Jeweled Ring (anti-petrify) than on actually out-damaging my opponents. Refia and Cecil mean I can chill long enough to make that happen.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Not only does it not matter if she gets hit by a golem staff, 90% of the golem staff users in the arena are CoDs, so chances are she'll literally negate the staff entirely once her turn is up and she kills CoD

Golem Staff works with Gale Barrage, and works twice (it seems...) for 10 chances total if you're Dual Wielding.

:getin:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Reddit is having a meltdown over this banner. Lots of rage quits and autism over the gatcha.

Here's some entertainment if you're bored tonight.
https://m.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5iwvev/the_darker_side_of_the_35_unit_rate_increase/

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just use Divider twice with Golem Staff. If Refia survives, and she usually always does, the four remaining members are enough to burn her down.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The way I select and place my members in a group, needs to be done with Espers also. Pain in the butt. Wanna nuke with casters, then I wanna tankspank DPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Reddit is having a meltdown over this banner. Lots of rage quits and autism over the gatcha.

It's really weird because this summon banner seems pretty good overall. Charlotte is solid, Chizuru and Mercedes are very good. Like the FF13 banners were way worse.

• Locked thread