Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

nomad2020 posted:

I'm pretty sure we're all goons here, and I feel that's judgement enough.

Too many stories of parents loving over their kids over college money. :(

Ugh, that's horrible. the government-run student loan program in New Zealand pays universities directly. that seems ideal.

Farg posted:

Holy poo poo I just remembered the butt ugly martians

WE ARE THE MARTIANS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

quote:

I [25F] was ghosted by my good friend [25M] and our mutual friends [20s M] weren't very supportive. Cut them out of my life and now they showed up again?

:black101:

After having similar experiences, gently caress him, he's probably after something.

quote:

Update: As for the update, I want to thank everyone for the advice! It helped me avoid a knee-jerk or overly emotional reaction. Shortly after sending me the photo/nonsense words Luke texted me "haven't talked in ages, hope you're doing well." I texted him back to confirm that it was, indeed, him and then promptly received a text from Joe from a different number with some sort of joke. At that point I wasn't sure if they were being intentionally dumb or what, but I decided to text Luke back anyway because this has been bothering me for a year and I want some sort of resolution to it. My message was basically "we haven't talked because you ghosted me. I don't think it's cool to text me out of the blue without an explanation." To Luke's credit, he said my response was "fair" and that he wanted to "make amends".
So, I'm ignoring Joe unless he says something that merits an actual response. I don't really want to be friends with the whole group unless they've had some sort of serious Come to Jesus moment; they were - as I said - a hot mess and I don't want or need to deal with that. But Luke was one of my closest friends, and I need to know what happened. I'm meeting up with him in January and I will at least get a resolution, even if I'm not sold on an actual friendship.

E: And something to pull me out of my burn everything mood.

quote:

Me [18/M] with my girlfriend [18/F] of two weeks haven't kissed yet

I'm just wondering if I should just go for it. I'm her first boyfriend ever, and we sleep together often (just cuddling/spooning, no sex). She'd never done anything with any boy before me, and she seems to enjoy cuddling with me, and doesn't seem to mind when my hand wanders to her butt while cuddling. I'm probably just paranoid, but I should definitely just go in for the kiss, right?
TL;DR: Nervous tween unsure of first kiss with new inexperienced girlfriend after spooning most nights

:shobon:

nomad2020 fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 17, 2016

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Cumslut1895 posted:

Ugh, that's horrible. the government-run student loan program in New Zealand pays universities directly. that seems ideal.

Not to start a derail, but it's not totally ideal unless monitored very closely. They switched to doing that in australia in some disciplines and amazingly the colleges just started faking enrolments or signing up penniless or disabled people to get the govt money, not caring that the student had no chance of finishing.

Colleges would even offer free laptops or cash incentives for enrolling, and that money went straight into the owner's pocket.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

webmeister posted:

Not to start a derail, but it's not totally ideal unless monitored very closely. They switched to doing that in australia in some disciplines and amazingly the colleges just started faking enrolments or signing up penniless or disabled people to get the govt money, not caring that the student had no chance of finishing.

Colleges would even offer free laptops or cash incentives for enrolling, and that money went straight into the owner's pocket.

oh yeah, that poo poo should land people in jail. Also, fake, nonaccredited courses should result in a complete refund of fees and the responsible parties in jail

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

?????????????????????

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
E: What they said ^^^^^^^^

A tween at 18? Uh oh.......

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

quote:

How do I [13M] fake being sick when both parents [36F&38F] are doctors? I don't want to celebrate X-Mas with my cousins.

My moms are lesbian, I don't have a dad. I mean I must because to make babies you need sperm so he must be somewhere out these but I don't know him. The are doctors. I need to know how to get away with being sick. I really don't like my cousins. They're just so rude to every know it alls because they go to Harvard.

TL;DR: How does one fake being sick?

why is this so cute

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Gluten Freeman posted:

why is this so cute

Awww :shobon:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gluten Freeman posted:

why is this so cute

It's the part where he tries to explain lesbians, and then gets distracted explaining that he has a dad somewhere, maybe, because two women can't just magically make a baby.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I find the stories involving younger Redditors to be pretty :3: because their problems tend to be so mundane.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gluten Freeman posted:

why is this so cute

Harvard, yup sounds about right

Panfilo posted:

I find the stories involving younger Redditors to be pretty :3: because their problems tend to be so mundane.

It's like Yahoo Answers

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I think the cousins go to Harvard? Don't worry lil buddy. Just tell your moms that you have turbo flu and that you confirmed it on a WebMD and it'd be best if the went to Christmas without you to avoid catching it. They'll understand.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Panfilo posted:

Its like and elderly person looking at our problems.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

underage at the vape shop posted:

Its like and elderly person looking at our problems.

Yeah. The hardest thing is trying to forget your knowledge and experience to put yourself in their place. Thinking like a 13 year-old is super-hard at 33.

No advice is worse than "you'll understand when you're older." It's probably true, but is the exact opposite of helpful.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
you don't understand things more after ten years, you just usually have an easier time trivializing them

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
this is a whopper

quote:

Sister's [30F] fiancé [32M] reported me [27M] to the police as a drug dealer. I'm not a drug dealer. My sister is sorry but she wants me to forgive him. He hasn't even apologized.

My sister's fiancé never seemed to like me. I trade arts and antiques. It's not a job that most people are familiar with but it's a job that pays well and I like it and I'm good at it. This guy, who is a nurse, ways always dismissive of that. He would always say condescending things to me. Like when I bought a new car a while ago he told me "you really bought that while trading arts? Yeah right".

I never gave a poo poo. I thought to myself that he's an rear end in a top hat, why would I bother myself with it.

Earlier this week, in a morning, I had my place raided by the police. They had a warrant to search all my stuff for drugs. They found nothing except weed (which is legal here). I was pretty pissed off at this... not only I had a warrant served, I had all my stuff searched, had all my things messed up and missed appointments at work that has caused reduced earnings this month.

Next day my sister came to me pretty upset and I was telling her what happened and she said she has to tell me something. She said that it was her fiancé who gave a tip to the police. Apparently right about the time the police was at my place, he was "preparing" her for the reality that she's going to be seeing me behind bars for the foreseeable future. Of course that didn't happen but my sister felt that I had a right to know who did this to me. On the other hand, she says he did it because he really believed (probably still believes) I'm a dangerous drug dealer and wanted to protect her from me. She asked me to be open to forgiving him in time. She said he's sorry although he hasn't said anything to me yet.

Now obviously I'm not a lawyer and I don't know whether it's easy to difficult to have warrants served (I have an appointment with a lawyer on Monday to see if we can figure out why this happened to me) but that's not the question, the question is to whether or not I should "be open" to forgiving her fiancé and letting this slide? I don't want to hurt her or damage her life but this is exactly what her fiancé wanted (maybe still wants) to do to me.

I appreciate advice on how to handle this with my sister and her fiancé.

tl;dr: Sister's fiancé reported me to the police as a drug dealer which I'm not. Got searched by the police. Now sister, while very sad and apologetic, wants me to be open to forgiving her fiancé.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Warrant issued on the strength of a single complainant? Hmm.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I was wondering how they managed that as well. Couldn't the fiancé be in huge legal trouble for wasting the police time?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
What judge issued a warrant based on that complaint?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

zakharov posted:

What judge issued a warrant based on that complaint?

Someone who is going to get the Judge equivalent of a slap on the wrist. I'm assuming a civil suit is incoming as well.

They probably wrote up some BS as a Fuzzy Dunlop.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I was wondering how they managed that as well. Couldn't the fiancé be in huge legal trouble for wasting the police time?

The problem with punishing people for giving false information to the police is that you don't want to scare off people with legit tips. Obviously stuff like swatting is super illegal, but that is usually done by spoofing a phone number and pretending to be someone else, ie lying to the authorities and leaving evidence that you did. A concerned citizen saying "I believe this person may be a criminal" is probably acting in good faith (which according to the story, the BIL is, he's just super dumb), even if they are wrong.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
That's like, a declaration of war. I'd certainly make an effort to have to wedding called off at the least. Hell, that guy will remain a liability for life, it's probably grounds for doing the same thing back except competently.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Nazzadan posted:

but I'm going to change it to Xiong Thunderdong.

I like it!

HardDiskD posted:

why was he discussing fetishes with a therapist while he was "growing up"
Maybe he was like the 13 year old little brother from e/n that kept ending up in the hospital with kidney infections from sounding. The family didn't know how to talk to him about how to safely enjoy his fetishes so tried sending him to a therapist.

Bored fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 17, 2016

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That guy has no idea of the value of things if he really thinks you can't get a pretty good life standard from trading in arts and antiques.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Or he could just start actually dealing drugs, he can't be prosecuted now because of double jeopardy!

Alternatively, have a child with the idiot future brother in law.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That's one of the worst things I've seen someone do for literally no reason. He didn't have a beef with the guy even.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
That we know of

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Loves his fiance so much he wanted to send her brother to prison for decades (well, if he HAD been a drug dealer).

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

WampaLord posted:

That's one of the worst things I've seen someone do for literally no reason. He didn't have a beef with the guy even.

That we know of.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Naerasa posted:

That we know of.

He does now!

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

He should invite his BiL over to smooth things over and leave a small bag of salt or anything that could pass for coke out in plain sight.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

He should invite his BiL over to smooth things over and leave a small bag of salt or anything that could pass for coke out in plain sight.

I did some volunteer work that involved meeting with artists and so I went to this one guys house to see his photography and there was a huge bag of mixed pills just...sitting out on the table

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

I did some volunteer work that involved meeting with artists and so I went to this one guys house to see his photography and there was a huge bag of mixed pills just...sitting out on the table

Grab bag of pills, thats...an interesting choice.

Also gently caress that, no reconciliation. The guy tried to have you arrested becouse he is a moron

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

It's such a weird feeling to see drugs out in the open like the person just doesn't give a gently caress. My first year in college, I was at lunch with a girl who just pulled out the same thing out of her backpack when she was looking for her keys. I somewhat suspect she wanted us to see them but it was still weird.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Big mixed bowl seems like a poor method of drug storage. How are you supposed to know what's what and how much of it there is?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

corn on the cop posted:

this is a whopper

I would be in jail because I would murder that brother in law. Who the gently caress even does that?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Farg posted:

Big mixed bowl seems like a poor method of drug storage. How are you supposed to know what's what and how much of it there is?

Empirically.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

I (23/M) walked in on my roommate's girlfriend (25/F) touching herself, and now I can't unsee it.

She was staying over at our apartment last weekend. They usually keep to his room when she's over; however, when I slipped out of my room to grab a glass of water at around 2AM Sunday, I caught her masturbating in the living room. It was pretty dark as the lights were all off, but I saw everything. She was also being very quiet, and I guess she was so in the zone that she didn't hear my footsteps.

She doesn't know I saw her, but now I feel really awkward when she's around. I know I'll probably get over it with time, but for right now the visual is still very fresh and she's pretty much always over.

How do I move forward without letting on to the fact that I saw her? I can't exactly avoid her, and I would never ask my friend to stop inviting her over. She's a perfectly nice person and she has no idea I saw her. I feel bad in a way. What should I do? My twin sister suggested I tell my roommate, but she probably just said that for a laugh.

What's worse is, I had a crazy sex dream about her last night and I feel like poo poo now.

TL;DR - I walked in on her masturbating, and I can't unsee it. She doesn't know. My roommate doesn't know. Is there a way to fast forward the recovery period without making it obvious that Something's wrong?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Is he a single child?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

underage at the vape shop posted:

Is he a single child?

E: You missed the part about his twin sister.