Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

OneDeadman posted:

Well you see. Different backpack manufacturers have different pockets. Alolamom couldn't afford the backpack with ball pockets and the extra free space.
She also couldn't afford one that her child can ever take off in a fashion shop :sigh:

(yes I get that it saved them modeling without a backpack)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Dr. Stab posted:

I'd just rather more pockets. What happened to the ball pocket?

There is one but only shows up during battles.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurtofan posted:

it's the y button

:yeah:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

Gen 3 had the best designs, no contest.

Bullcrap dude, that's where a ton of people skipped out on Pokemon until X or Y came out, there were some real clunkers in that generation.

That was also the generation where you weren't allowed to transfer any of the good pokes from your old games, so you were stuck with the B-team rejects so forgettable they got beat out by loving Yu-Gi-Oh! at that time

That generation was a dark one for Nintendo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
:sax:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
:qirex:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Parrotine posted:

Bullcrap dude, that's where a ton of people skipped out on Pokemon until X or Y came out, there were some real clunkers in that generation.

That was also the generation where you weren't allowed to transfer any of the good pokes from your old games, so you were stuck with the B-team rejects so forgettable they got beat out by loving Yu-Gi-Oh! at that time

Gen 3 also was timed for right around when the people that played Gen 1 & 2 were in high school, and would have been mortified to play a game for babies.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I played Gen 3, it was fun, but I don't think it had anything on Gen 1 or Gen 2.

I'm probably going to swing by my GameStop after Christmas and pick up a used SoulSilver (no walker), because Gen2 is probably the one that tickles my nostalgia the most.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Gen 3 sucks, too much water etc

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The most relevant gen 3 pokemon in VGC is Pelipper. I find this very amusing.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Pelipper is cool and I'm glad he's good & strong now.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Parrotine posted:

Yeah sure, if you're the kind of person who hates cool pokémon and likes lovely pokémon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dienes posted:

Gen 3 also was timed for right around when the people that played Gen 1 & 2 were in high school, and would have been mortified to play a game for babies.

i was in middle school in 2002 hoss, way to out yourself as an old man

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I haven't stopped playing Pokemon for over 15 years, so your opinion that not every Pokemon is cool and good, is wrong.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mandatory lesbian posted:

i was in middle school in 2002 hoss, way to out yourself as an old man

same i think

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Gen 3 means a lot to me since it's where I really got going despite starting with Gold. I played those games religiously when I was young and I loved the interplay between the Gen 1 remakes, Emerald, and my copy of XD to maybe someday finish the Pokedex. It was an incredible time of my life and I can never downplay the effect it has had on me.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Any goons need 5 IV Timid HA Vulpix? Drop me a line

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Parrotine posted:

counterpoint: honedge

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

spit on my clit posted:

counterpoint: honedge

countercounterpoint: honedge is in XY. He's talking about gen 3, which is Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gen 2 inarguably has the worst new Pokemon. Gen 3 had issues but they were no worse than gen 2 or gen 4's, it got skipped by people because the initial wave of pokemon craze had grown up but not enough to just play the games they like

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Kinda dumb question, but does Pokemon Sun have a particular Pokemon that I should be saving my Master Ball for? Maybe Solgaleo or is there something harder or more inconvenient to catch?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Lord of Hats posted:

countercounterpoint: honedge is in XY. He's talking about gen 3, which is Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

countercountercounterpoint: i'm illiterate

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Kinda dumb question, but does Pokemon Sun have a particular Pokemon that I should be saving my Master Ball for? Maybe Solgaleo or is there something harder or more inconvenient to catch?
Necrozma is kind of a pain in the rear end, I just saved it for that because it's the last legendary and they tend to be the biggest pain.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Alternately, Tapu Fini just because it's obnoxious to deal with Aqua Ring.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Necrozma's got a much lower catch rate than Solgaleo.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Necrozma

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Alright, sounds like Necrozma is where it's at. Much thanks!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just started Moon.

Is there any way to get my Dex to stop blinking? It's a very weird complaint by I have ADD and it's very distracting.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Solgaleo is super-super-easy to catch so please save it for Necrozma

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Inzombiac posted:

I just started Moon.

Is there any way to get my Dex to stop blinking? It's a very weird complaint by I have ADD and it's very distracting.

There is not. You'll stop noticing it after a while.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

something purple

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Alright, sounds like Necrozma is where it's at. Much thanks!

Pretty sure there's a couple mons Necrozma can't even touch, so it's just as easy to go wild on him with Dusk balls and a little patience. Save your Master ball, never know when like a fuckin shiny Abra will show up.

Or yeah, if you plan on soft-resetting for good Tapus, fuckin just use it on Fini. It's a bitch to catch compared to the other three, and the Master ball color-matches with it somewhat.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Save it in case you run into a shiny that escapes or explodes

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Every time I get an item, you don't have to tell me what pocket I put it in. I'll figure it out. At minimum if you're going to tell me, fit the whole message in one text box.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

cheetah7071 posted:

Gen 2 inarguably has the worst new Pokemon. Gen 3 had issues but they were no worse than gen 2 or gen 4's, it got skipped by people because the initial wave of pokemon craze had grown up but not enough to just play the games they like

Scizor is worth 200 poo poo pokemon alone, Porygon2 is rad.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

every gen has at least one pokemon that elevates the whole lot just by existing

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

raichu
girafarig
ludicolo
drifloon
joltik
goomy
mimikyu

and more but they came to mind first

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

McDragon posted:

raichu
girafarig
ludicolo
drifloon
joltik
goomy
mimikyu

and more but they came to mind first

flawless list tbh

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
every pokeman is my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Alxprit posted:

Alternately, Tapu Fini just because it's obnoxious to deal with Aqua Ring.

Getting Fini into a beast ball was quit the ordeal.

Kurtofan posted:

every pokeman is my friend

Friends with a trash bag.