Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

ZekeNY posted:

Well sure, but has that guy ever directed a Freddy Prinze Jr. movie?

Didn't think so.
Does that Miyamoto nerd know anything about directing A-list actors like Gary Oldman, Gillian Anderson, and Sandi Gardiner at 4 different mo-cap studios?

Didn't think so :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Baxta posted:

It's not about the money. I just want to play the stupid spaceship game but I can't see it happening because the more I look into it, the more amazingly stupid this company seems to be.

That FPS thing. Star Marine? Where the gently caress was that in the kickstarter? Why on earth would you suddenly make an FPS when there a million other things that need to be done? Who even asked for Star Marine? Where the gently caress did they gauge demand!?

I'm not mad, i'm just disappointed. :saddowns:

Dude, it is about the money. The "principle of the thing" is explicitly tied to the money. You gave them money for a space game and they decided instead of that to loving fumble their way through a lovely FPS and some bullshit procedural generation while spending YOUR MONEY on poo poo like custom office doors and desks made to look like old airplane wings and poo poo. The two issues are one and the same. Get a refund.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
What are the chances all the A-list actors are even going to be in SQ42 any more? Weren't they mocapped 3 reshoots ago?

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer
http://techreport.com/news/31136/crytek-will-close-the-majority-of-its-studios

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope they pay their devs. Cunts.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

orcinus posted:

”Would you like to rape?
[N]ow [P]ostpone"

They prefer an opt-out style because lets be honest, you either rape or you don't.

Options > Game > Auto-Rape ON or OFF

Default is ON obviously because that is a reality of piracy.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

tooterfish posted:

Well this is bullshit.

Deckard was a replicant, he should be loving dead of old age. :colbert:

If he was, he was a Nexus 7 or 8, not 6.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Sappo569 posted:

hosed up if true. But after that one developer crowd funding his daughters hospital bill or whatever it is nothing would surprise me

You would think the 100+ million dollar company would offer to pay for that, it's way better use of the backers money than trips to Spain or Italy or wherever

Let's talk hypothetically for a minute . Let's think outside the box a little. Conjurate a scenario where a well known dev , face of the company art side if you will. Has been involved in a minor transgression, one we can all relate to. Possibly this individual has secured the services of a lady of the night. Maybe some chemical enhancement has been indulged in. Possibly this has happened in a backer funded CIG private chalet somewhere in the United States of America. Now maybe this entire endeavour has gone catastrophically awry . Maybe violence has ensued and maybe just maybe this lady of the night is now a justified complainant ? Cash is needed and a smoke screen to obfuscate this infamous gentleman's exit and continuation as free man.
Think about it . It's all just nonsense speculated upon by me but makes you think .

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Polish Avenger posted:

They prefer an opt-out style because lets be honest, you either rape or you don't.

Options > Game > Auto-Rape ON or OFF

Default is ON obviously because that is a reality of piracy.

Its an inevitable consequence of piracy to be sure.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

EightAce posted:

Let's talk hypothetically for a minute . Let's think outside the box a little. Conjurate a scenario where a well known dev , face of the company art side if you will. Has been involved in a minor transgression, one we can all relate to. Possibly this individual has secured the services of a lady of the night. Maybe some chemical enhancement has been indulged in. Possibly this has happened in a backer funded CIG private chalet somewhere in the United States of America. Now maybe this entire endeavour has gone catastrophically awry . Maybe violence has ensued and maybe just maybe this lady of the night is now a justified complainant ? Cash is needed and a smoke screen to obfuscate this infamous gentleman's exit and continuation as free man.
Think about it . It's all just nonsense speculated upon by me but makes you think .

Ben loves hookers

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

DogonCrook posted:

"We already model atmosphere and different room volumes, so if a door opens or a window gets broken, it will start to remove the atmosphere from the volume," Roberts said. "That is all part of what we're trying to do for 3.0 which will allow for depressurization. People getting sucked out, or things getting sucked out. If you have a suit on you'll be okay. If you don't have a suit on, you'll asphyxiate."

Lol the airlock didn't fool anybody but chris it seems.

They did show someone mucking about in Cryengine doing a half arsed demo of exactly this (as a lovely proof of concept).

Someone in the thread (previous one) replicated the exact same thing in unreal engine in like a few hours of work.
Then someone else linked the same thing, but with physics, done ages ago in Source engine, so lol either way.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

EightAce posted:

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

EightAce posted:

Does this have anything to do with your posts about Thai ladyboys? Blink once for yes.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

starkebn posted:

What are the chances all the A-list actors are even going to be in SQ42 any more? Weren't they mocapped 3 reshoots ago?
if anything could put a dent in crobbers' ego, having to scrap his celebrity cast would be it

EightAce
May 10, 2015

scrubs season six posted:

Does this have anything to do with your posts about Thai ladyboys? Blink once for yes.

After that weird thing where a contingent of very odd wankers from somewhere called fyad came in and royally hosed up the thread I no longer come on here really so cannot spill anymore beans. A good friend of mine has achieved nirvana today so thought I would swing by and muse a little that's all. None of what I speculated upon is true of course.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

starkebn posted:

If I remember right all the celebrity mocap has been binned so all they have is the voice acting they paid millions of standard A list acting fees for.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

EightAce posted:

None of what I speculated upon is true of course.

You may think so, but come on. Star Citizen is beyond any of our ken.

Would any of us have believed any of the stuff that has happened back in 2013?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Beet Wagon posted:

while spending YOUR MONEY on poo poo like custom office doors and desks made to look like old airplane wings and poo poo

This right here. CIG's first order of business was spending pointless millions of dollars on cushy custom made offices so it looks like they are inside a loving old-timey hangar. They paid premium prices for that pointless garbage with your backer money while lining their pockets. Meanwhile it has been years and all we've got is that clown-show holiday livestream.
PS they are funneling your money into private offshare bank accounts.

tl:dr It's about the money. Get a Refund

EightAce
May 10, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

You may think so, but come on. Star Citizen is beyond any of our ken.

Would any of us have believed any of the stuff that has happened back in 2013?

Don't care what anyone says about her . She has a festive arse

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016
Posting on the new 200

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My case is more persuasive if I've demonstrated a willingness to work with the company and a polite, reasonable tone. I have no intention of issuing a complaint about how CIG didn't provide me with a refund unless they start to jerk me around, ignore me, or basically do all the various things that consumer protection agencies and attorneys consider to be poor behavior. That said if they continue to ignore me I'll follow through.

youre an idiot get a refund you dont have to be polite with scam artists

no ToS binds you to poo poo

they treat you like garbage just like i treat you like garbage and you take it like a bitch

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

EightAce posted:

Don't care what anyone says about her . She has a festive arse

I guess, but I'm turned off by the ability to lie/be scummy so easily.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

EightAce posted:

did that lady kill them?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheAgent posted:

the problem is they'll use the "oh everyone was on holiday until mid jan" excuse

That excuse doesn't work when I have an extensive record of their CS staff communicating with me over the holiday from last year. Especially since it was the VP of Marketing who personally trains the CS staff.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nope. No response since Thursday. I told them today they had until Friday to provide a response before I initiate the complaints.

Politely email them a reminder of your deadline every day, it looks a lot worse if they don't reply later. Also as fun as making official complaints is, it's effort and you really just want your money back.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Or just realize that you dont need to send them five paragraph refund essays detailing why you deserve a refund

they literally raised a hundred million and used 90% of it to make commercials to raise more money to make commercials to raise more money. Starring Gary Oldman

post your refund essays

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

EightAce posted:

hosed up if not true

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Baxta posted:

It's not about the money. I just want to play the stupid spaceship game but I can't see it happening because the more I look into it, the more amazingly stupid this company seems to be.

That FPS thing. Star Marine? Where the gently caress was that in the kickstarter? Why on earth would you suddenly make an FPS when there a million other things that need to be done? Who even asked for Star Marine? Where the gently caress did they gauge demand!?

I'm not mad, i'm just disappointed. :saddowns:

Get a refund because so many idiots won't.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

EightAce posted:

Ortwin does look like the type with bodies in the basement / backyard.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DogonCrook posted:

Theres more to complain about than the refund process. They straight up lied to get your money, and used that to cynically bilk more people like you out of theirs. In a court proving fraud may be pretty hard without a source but do you for a second believe they ever honestly thought they could get 1000 people in an instance? That poo poo like nested instances is even a loving thing? That they did this poo poo with inexperienced devs making less than industry average? Do they even hold patents on any code whatsoever that would allow them to do any of this poo poo? That they have some magic network guru that can defy the laws of physics, yet cant make a loving patcher in 4 years time? I could go on and on. These are bold over the top claims that use magic technology they cant even loving explain the concept of. Of which no prototypes exist. Where in their company are the hiding this dev who is about to shatter everything we know about networking? I mean that tech would be worth enough money for a venture capital firm to buy out the company outright and shutter the project just to get the patent, and they would still make money. This is fraud. Complain about that.

Arguing about stuff like how the game doesn't deliver on expectations is difficult because the kind of people reviewing this stuff aren't technical.

On the other hand pointing out that they sold copies of Squadron 42 with a stated release date of 2016 when they had already announced a delay to 2017 is pretty easy to comprehend.

Same with using official company correspondence while accusing a customer of committing a federal crime.

Or maintaing a database of customer information not related to CIG business in their CS database.

Or denying a customer access to services he paid for as a result of what he posted on social media, and then lying to the press about it.

Or selling game assets that will not be included in the commercial release while forcing customers to sign a TOS that denies them refunds once the product is commercially released.

Or saying that funds will be used to expand scope without expanding schedule and then using backer enthusiasm during that period to justify delays as a result of expanding scope.

Or selling gift cards that are immediately devalued when the company offers discounts for cash sales.

These are the kind of things that a non-technical person with a background in consumer protection would be able to understand.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

Politely email them a reminder of your deadline every day, it looks a lot worse if they don't reply later. Also as fun as making official complaints is, it's effort and you really just want your money back.

That's what I have been doing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's what I have been doing.

Are you ever going to tell us how much you are in for? I'm morbidly curious.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
When all this is over I want someone to make a custom board game of Clue/Cluedo.

I think Miss Tickle did it in the Red Bungalow with the Dragon Dildo.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Hey guys you all still doxxing people and epically cataloguing every single thing a group of people have posted on reddit + twitter day in and day out? What about the antisemitic drawings, still making em?
Do you guys maybe think thats not normal?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Because, obviously, a game from 2008. based on a game engine from 1991. is a valid comparison point for a game *still in development* in 2016 2017 2018 2019...

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
#istandwithsalmon

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Star Citizen: An even-keeled repot

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Just a reminder and plea for you guys to stop doxxing people, sending death threats and archiving every single thing some people have ever said about the bad videogame and using this encyclopedic knowledge to point out that the number they said was gonna be is now a different nunber, and loling at it for hundreds of pages. Its mentally ill.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

ArfJason posted:

Just a reminder and plea for you guys to stop doxxing people, sending death threats and archiving every single thing some people have ever said about the bad videogame and using this encyclopedic knowledge to point out that the number they said was gonna be is now a different nunber, and loling at it for hundreds of pages. Its mentally ill.

Its thousands. Lets lol at this nubbins. Then dox his family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
MY CHARACTER IS INVISIBLE AND I CANT GO OUTSIDE WITHOUT DYING.

2.5.0 LIVE BUILD STILL BROKEN...4 DAYS AND COUNTING...COME-ON CIG

ACTUAL RESULT
Playing Star Citizen as the invisible man with no ships

EXPECTED RESULT
Play Star Citizen as a visible player with access to all my ships...Please...Pretty please!