Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

HelloWinter posted:

I think there was an older post asking this (couldn't find it again sadly, my bad...) but is there a good app to track down and help alleviate battery drainage? Ever since I started mostly playing apps during the day like Gumball and Tap Titans etc, I notice my phone's battery doesn't last for more than 24 hours unless I don't forget to charge it every night... It's troubling when some days it just dies and my morning alarm doesn't ring. :(
I still use BetterBatteryStats from xda, although you'll need to use adb to give it the correct permission without root.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Kheldarn posted:

No, because ~95% of the time, once a thread is made, goons stop playing the game.

loving this. Like that one that match 3 game with the cards that got heavy handed on Purchases, called Legendary Heroes or something like that. All that garbage is starting the sound same to me.

Edit: vvvv - That wasn't what was being said, it was making a thread kills the game for the goons.

Malek fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Dec 25, 2016

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Oh no, you mustn't make a thread that dies.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
The eternal android version is quite good; it's a mildly different take on hearthstone but I found it more fun to get into. Only problem with it is editing decks kind of lags on my roughly a year old v10, but other then that mild annoyance game owns.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Here's an odd duck of a game that I'm not sure what to think of, but I keep loading it from time to time:

Qurius is a surprisingly charming little village-builder game (not in the vein of SimCity clones, mind you) with an interesting little gimmick: the currencies you use to do stuff are based on local weather patterns. If you have a bunch of Sun Flowers, they'll eventually bloom (and give you sun currency), the same with Snow/Cloud/Rain/etc flowers. Creatures have alignments to certain weather patterns too; a cloud-aligned creature searches the red-tinted areas (for plants, trees, some story bits) faster when it's cloudy, for example. You can also find trees that let you harvest currencies from other players and their local weather. All of these are gained from falling stars, either by watching ads or the aforementioned searching.

It's still in beta and it's not the kind of game for everyone. Having your creatures search for something is simultaneously too twitchy and too boring (drag a dude into the red plants and wait for a little light to show up to tap on it, pray it doesn't go away in the 3 seconds its there, repeat a few times in the hopes that you'll be given something more than a few points of currency), and the gameplay is fundamentally "do the next task the game tells you to do". But like I said, something keeps bringing me back to playing it.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Malek posted:

loving this. Like that one that match 3 game with the cards that got heavy handed on Purchases, called Legendary Heroes or something like that. All that garbage is starting the sound same to me.

Edit: vvvv - That wasn't what was being said, it was making a thread kills the game for the goons.

Haha, are you serious? I don't think a game having its own thread kills said game, I'm pretty sure they die off as people lose interest. That said, I wish Gumballs & Dungeons had its own thread because it didn't click for me at all so it bums me out when I see a bunch of new posts and no new games, just more gumball chat

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Huh, Final Fantasy VII came out for Android this year. I don't remember this at all.

edit: weird, I've also forgotten that I had already posted about it. Anyway, it's on sale for 20% off. Continue your gumball chat.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 26, 2016

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Haha, are you serious? I don't think a game having its own thread kills said game, I'm pretty sure they die off as people lose interest. That said, I wish Gumballs & Dungeons had its own thread because it didn't click for me at all so it bums me out when I see a bunch of new posts and no new games, just more gumball chat

Wasn't my argument, just typically what happens with Android game threads though I agree with this sentiment. That and the game has no guilds functions.

Side note: Any new news on the snow man gumball?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

mrkillboy posted:

Huh, Final Fantasy VII came out for Android this year. I don't remember this at all.

edit: weird, I've also forgotten that I had already posted about it. Anyway, it's on sale for 20% off. Continue your gumball chat.

I got a Play gift card for Xmas so I am probably going to blow it on one of these. And by "one of these" I of course mean "some dumb Square-Enix retro thing and/or Gumballs gems" :v:

P.S. This isn't game related, but the Play store just handed me a free 4-month subscription to Google Music (including Youtube Red). I'm surprised they gave it to me because I've gotten more than one trial of Google Music before. I got the banner as I looked at the main store page in my desktop browser, so I'm not sure if the offer shows up other ways, or if they're showing it to all people.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Lutha Mahtin posted:

P.S. This isn't game related, but the Play store just handed me a free 4-month subscription to Google Music (including Youtube Red). I'm surprised they gave it to me because I've gotten more than one trial of Google Music before. I got the banner as I looked at the main store page in my desktop browser, so I'm not sure if the offer shows up other ways, or if they're showing it to all people.
If you go to the play store on your phone, and then the music section, it should pop up as a banner toward the top. I just have to remember to cancel it before they bill me in April.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
What does the Reindeer or Snowman do in Gumball and Dungeons?

I do it quickly for the easy 5 level with swordsman, spy, and gladiator.
I make sure to get knight as the first branch. I also grab the class after that gives HP when you beat an enemy. As long as I have over 90 HP when I fight the boss and have at least 3 snowballs I will win. Takes about 2 minutes. Almost no risk.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

IAmTheRad posted:

I make sure to get knight as the first branch. I also grab the class after that gives HP when you beat an enemy. As long as I have over 90 HP when I fight the boss and have at least 3 snowballs I will win. Takes about 2 minutes. Almost no risk.

It's for the Airship. Your Airship later gets a point value based upon what you have in your team (which are other gumballs based on their bonuses) which is modified by other attributes. The one time purchase expensive one is kinda worth it.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Anything actually good for Daydream besides Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes? Wonder Glade has a mini golf game but it really stinks.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Anderron Shi posted:

If you go to the play store on your phone, and then the music section, it should pop up as a banner toward the top. I just have to remember to cancel it before they bill me in April.

Put a reminder on your phone/google calendar to cancel on April 24ish

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

IAmTheRad posted:

I just started on this and haven't worked out what to do with the boss yet on the level 5.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Aramoro posted:

I just started on this and haven't worked out what to do with the boss yet on the level 5.

Throw snowballs. They do 10 damage each.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Anderron Shi posted:

Nice, thanks!

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I unlocked the airship.

Man, that reindeer is so powerful. I wonder if there's any drawbacks to using him, or the snowmen that I am stuffing onto my ship.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

IAmTheRad posted:

I unlocked the airship.

Man, that reindeer is so powerful. I wonder if there's any drawbacks to using him, or the snowmen that I am stuffing onto my ship.

Reindeer don't contribute to combo / special moves (which occur randomly) as the combos require specific Gumball class combinations to work. If you have a spare slot for that team and are out of gumballs to put in the line up, there is no downside. Otherwise, make sure it's not taking up the spot for a combination otherwise it will never go off.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
i got a gamesir g4s for chrimmus and was real disappointed FFT doesnt have pad support because it was the one game i wanted it for, but at least it'll be good for emulators and the like.
however i was surprised that the controller feels comfy and super quality so I can easily see myself using it as a wireless controller for PC as well

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Does gumball work offline?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Anderron Shi posted:

Does gumball work offline?

Nope

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Is there any website like AppShopper that details the newest games out this week and also sales for Android games because the app store does a really bad job at showing new games?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
App-sales.net for sales. They also have an app on the Play Store.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

There's also you. Seriously, you do God's work.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

IAmTheRad posted:

I unlocked the airship.

Just diminishing returns. I'm approx. 9 days into Gumballs and the reindeer, while more powerful than some of my balls, is nothing extraordinary. What about the other prizes guys? Any goodies worth the grind?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

There's also you. Seriously, you do God's work.

How do you know he didn't write that app? :tinfoil:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

El Disco posted:

How do you know he didn't write that app? :tinfoil:

Have you seen his post history in this thread alone? He could write an app that changes my phone's wallpaper to Wayne Knight's rear end, and I'd still say he's a stand up guy.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Do we have a clan for Tap Titans 2? I've been filling my time in-between Galaxy of Heroes stuff with this and the sequel's got me right back into it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Excellent! Thank you

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

explosivo posted:

Do we have a clan for Tap Titans 2? I've been filling my time in-between Galaxy of Heroes stuff with this and the sequel's got me right back into it.

It's in PGS: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801833

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

IAmTheRad posted:

I unlocked the airship.

A 4* gumball with a weapon and 16 food is 17,950 power and can combo. Reindeer is just always 6000 power and +speed.
Edit: Also not all combos are random. Some are just straight stat boost. For example adventure plus warrior gives +3 luck and +8 armor

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 27, 2016

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
My biggest issue right now in gumballs is that I don't really know what gumball/build I should be rolling with when I'm going for an endless run to get DP. I normally run with adventurer (legendary hunter) but it's pretty awful up against bosses. The only maze that I did well in was the Lost Temple where I was running as mage and using the crystals to clear mostly everything non boss related.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
My set up for DP diving is the warrior built for swords and blade of ruin accompanied by zerg queen for magic access and the hatchlings and adventurer gumball for the bonus ep and venture skills. prioritize getting the swords you draw skill maxed and one point into the blade of ruin skill. Then I level up magic to cast everything and the first venture skill to find enemies quicker. Once I got those breakpoints I fill in the warrior skill tree and start on the mage tree.

GodspeedSphere fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 27, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Well poo poo, G&D is so adorably charming.

I'm assuming there's nothing one can do about the Christmas event if you started playing the game yesterday? I stepped into the easiest one and those sure were some stats on the monsters on the first floor.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

AegisP posted:

Well poo poo, G&D is so adorably charming.

I'm assuming there's nothing one can do about the Christmas event if you started playing the game yesterday? I stepped into the easiest one and those sure were some stats on the monsters on the first floor.

You're not missing out on anything but ~10 gold pots. Reindeer gets outclassed eventually, and the none of the 4 gumballs are particularly useful.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

GodspeedSphere posted:

My set up for DP diving is the warrior built for swords and blade of ruin accompanied by zerg queen for magic access and the hatchlings and adventurer gumball for the bonus ep and venture skills. prioritize getting the swords you draw skill maxed and one point into the blade of ruin skill. Then I level up magic to cast everything and the first venture skill to find enemies quicker. Once I got those breakpoints I fill in the warrior skill tree and start on the mage tree.

Hold up, how does the Adventurer get bonus EP. Are you talking about the EP you get from it's base level (like +50, +100, etc.) because I thought his soul link skill was just running into more random gumballs in a dungeon?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

In what's probably a big mistake, Armpit Hero: VIP and Lost Journey are on sale for a whopping $0.01.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Malek posted:

Hold up, how does the Adventurer get bonus EP. Are you talking about the EP you get from it's base level (like +50, +100, etc.) because I thought his soul link skill was just running into more random gumballs in a dungeon?

Adventurer's villagers often gift you with EP among other things. Adventurer's ability, along with farplane ranger, is one of those things that sounds underwhelming but is actually somewhat overpowered in many dungeons. The villagers show up often and gift you so many things that he's one of the most useful and versatile gumballs in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I might be in love with Swordsman. My first Endless Village of Heroes with no Soul Link since I put the Adventurer in for a 3-star upgrade. Silver Knight gives me hp on kill, which is basically defense (except it also increases max hp if you kill an enemy at full hp). Then I got to sit on Light Paladin until I faced the first boss so I had a free full heal available.