Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Pick posted:

My [28F] son [2M] name is Bray. My husband [30M] keeps telling him his name is Goku and it's starting to confuse him.

loving lol if she was the one who chose to name him Bray, he's going to feel like a jackass and wish he was Goku when he grows up to everyone making donkey sounds at him. Why not have a second kid and get pissed at your husband when he thinks Vegeta is a better name than 'Oink'.

I also decided to make another emote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Clocks posted:

Wife slaves away baking cookies for his 30 family members, his gift to her is making more money than her and letting her use the joint account so she can do extra work baking for his family. :stare:

How do people even get this kind of thought process.

You forgot that she's heavily pregnant the whole time. Whew! :shepface:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The Christmas Gift Mistakes pit never ends

quote:

My (22f) boyfriend (22m) has straight up lied about how much he spent on my Christmas gifts[new]
submitted 20 minutes ago by Liarliarbf3
I'll keep this pretty simple as it's not really a huge deal, just something I'm a bit confused about. We joint agreed to spend £60 on each other. A while before Christmas, I asked if we could raise it to 60-70 because there was a few more little things I wanted to get him, and he said that was fine cos he'd spent just over £70.
We opened our presents today and he got me a book, perfume and shoes. I know the book can't have been any more than £10, the perfume was about £15 at the most and I looked up the shoes and they were £20. That total comes to £45, which is a fair bit less than what we agreed. I double checked the prices of the book and perfume and they're all around those price ranges, and he's not an idiot who buys the first thing he sees.
I'm not a material person so I don't really care about how much the presents were, I just want to know why he lied about it?? He's not doing badly for money at the minute and we're open with each other so I'm sure he'd tell me if it was a money related issue.
I don't want to sound petty bringing it up, so shall I just forget about it? Is this some kind of red flag or is my boyfriend just poo poo at maths?
Tldr: we agreed to spend £60-70 on each other and he told me he'd gone slightly over, but I know the total was around £45 at the most.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Pick posted:

unlike this dude who

L M A O this guy better get her a full blown spa day; mani, pedi, paraffin, hair style, everything. And a foot massage to make up for being such a tremendous wad. Oh she must just be exhausted from all that baking. I'm 25 weeks and had to threaten my husband into not getting me a years worth of spa treatments like the one I mentioned and so reading that guy actually trying to pin her reaction on being pregnant is just all the more infuriating.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Pick posted:

Oh poo poo, I've been rumbled

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

54 40 or gently caress posted:

He's not sorry at all, if he was sorry he wouldn't have done it in the first place. Now he thinks if he acts sad and pathetic enough it'll make it better and that Christmas will forever have that stain on it for her.

I dunno her throwaway line about him typically buying stuff for her on a regular basis + him mentioning that exact thing when she was upset with him sorta makes me wonder how their weekly financial stuff goes. If she didn't think there was any imbalance there at all she wouldn't have felt the need to try and handwave it away.

If at the end of the day they ended up spending a pretty even amount on each other it just works out that his was mostly in small consistent things for datenights then it seems like something that could be fixed with better communication/expectations than "oh he must not care at all".

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 28, 2016

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Themata posted:

loving lol if she was the one who chose to name him Bray, he's going to feel like a jackass and wish he was Goku when he grows up to everyone making donkey sounds at him. Why not have a second kid and get pissed at your husband when he thinks Vegeta is a better name than 'Oink'.

I also decided to make another emote:

Or, could be named after this wrestler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vak2AMg6kc

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

54 40 or gently caress posted:

L M A O this guy better get her a full blown spa day; mani, pedi, paraffin, hair style, everything. And a foot massage to make up for being such a tremendous wad. Oh she must just be exhausted from all that baking. I'm 25 weeks and had to threaten my husband into not getting me a years worth of spa treatments like the one I mentioned and so reading that guy actually trying to pin her reaction on being pregnant is just all the more infuriating.

But on the other hand, maybe she's just being hormonal and should enjoy the magnanimous gift of him letting her spend his money.

She even has a loving job, too, wtf. You gotta be some kinda of three-generations of retards inbreeding moron to think that a third trimester pregnant wife not being able to make as much as you is some kind of unnatural imbalance that requires a truly benevolent gesture to forgive.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Lol if you don't name your son Goku and your daughter Bulma how can you be considered living

They gonna name the son Bray and the daughter Abigail so it still works.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Grown rear end adults getting pissy over christmas gifts is pathetic. lumps of coal all around next year.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Pick posted:

unlike this dude who

lol I looked this one up, this guy uses the phrase "main/primary breadwinner" in every post about it. This poor lady is never going to hear the end of 'spending my money' arguments

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

[33/F] My son [14/M] found my toys, it has been very awkward since...

A week ago, my 14 year old son came up to me with one of my sex toys in his hands asking me why I have these. I have shocked that he had found them and it was embarassing and awkward as we never really touched that subject with him. He clearly knew what they were and meant for, I didn't know how to react so I got really mad at him at the time which I shouldn't have of. I snatched it back from him while flustered and I did not handle it well, it became really awkward between the two of us. I normally put them away in my underwear drawer beneath my panties and thongs etc. which there would be no reason for my son to find them. But somehow he found them and since then we have spoke little to eachother and its just been very awkward and embarrassing for both him and I. I have asked him if he wants to talk about it but to no avail. My husband is out of town and I want to resolve the issue before he gets back. What should I do?

TL:DR My son found one of my sex toys and I did not react well, now things have been awkward for the past week. What should I do?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My (22f) three sisters-in-law (17f, 17f, 16f next week) have been shoplifting hundreds of dollars of makeup.

My sisters-in-law are generally good kids. They're varsity cheerleaders, honor roll students in college prep and honors classes, they help at home, they babysit my other SIL's son, all three work at a resort, just generally good kids. However, they recently started bragging to my wife (22f) and I (we are gay for clarification, together 6 years. Married 2) that they, especially the youngest, have been shoplifting at a large makeup chain store. One of them even shoplifted a Naked makeup pallet for their mom as a Christmas gift. The youngest one has stolen probably close to a thousand dollars in makeup, with over a hundred per trip. I think we need to tell their mother. My wife is afraid of ruining her relationship with them. They are going to end up in juvie if this continues. My wife's other sister (20f) also thinks it may be time to talk to their mother.

Tldr; teenage sisters in law are shoplifting large amounts of expensive makeup. What do I do?

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

There are a couple of very odd overtones in this post

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

if you're gonna shoplift don't brag about it imo

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

That son was clearly hoping for a "It'll be easier if I show you" moment.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The Snoo posted:

if you're gonna shoplift don't brag about it imo

Don't tell reddit/tumblr that.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Pick posted:

Don't date men in tech, ever. don't ever do it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dial-a-Dog posted:

lol I looked this one up, this guy uses the phrase "main/primary breadwinner" in every post about it. This poor lady is never going to hear the end of 'spending my money' arguments

he's actually one of the king gently caress-os in this thread so far imho

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

All these gift disaster posts make me happy that I'm not a complete dickbag / terrible at gifting.

When my ex-wife and I were struggling financially and putting all of our christmas budget towards gifts for our child, I still managed to scrape together enough to get something that was meaningful, it may not have been much but it still was able to put something together on a very tight budget that said.. Hey I'm thinking of you.

on the other side of things, I never have ever looked up gift values it's only going to end in disappointment in 2 ways. 1 you realize they under-spent, 2 you realize they overspent and you feel like you under-spent. Then that tiny sliver of time you find out that they

now.. I also know a story of someone who bought their wife under $20 worth of things when they asked for a $100+ item. The person received nothign that seemed to have thought including clothing that wasn't even close to the right size. How do you get it so wrong for someone you are married to? How can you be so blind that you can't figure out anything close to gifts that are useful.

also the "spending my money for gifts for me" is straight up dumb, even if they have separate accounts and she wants / needs his cash to buy him something nice, so beit.

Reading now this is organized like poo poo :effort: :justpost:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

All I wanted for Christmas was two relatively cheap books. I got third one from an unexpected person and I am ecstatic. That book was likely on sale for ~$5, but it's one I'm genuinely excited to check out. I don't actually care what it cost.

Setting a gift bounty is a good idea, but clocking in at $45 and $70 for a $60 dollar limit seems alright to me if the gifts were chosen well. I get that this lady is upset that her SO lied, but it was a "socially expedient" lie to give her permission to splurge if she wanted to. It's his own dumb fault for carelessly using that line on his SO as opposed to an estranged cousin, but she seems pretty weird too, what with price researching his gifts and going to Reddit for advice.

She says she's not a material person, and yet there's no information presented here beyond the prices of the items. Their appropriateness and thoughtfulness as gifts for her is apparently not relevant to this issue for her. Did she appreciate the gifts at all?

They should have a baby and adopt it out right before next Christmas as a trust-building exercise.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
She's probably intentionally vague to avoid risking a self own if the items make her look petty one way or another.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pvt.Scott posted:

She says she's not a material person, and yet there's no information presented here beyond the prices of the items.

I have a general rule: Whenever someone says something about themselves, assume the opposite is true.

Obviously it's not accurate all the time, but it's been right a shockingly sufficient % of the time for me to assume it as a rule, and to try to never say anything self-referential without backing it up with a lot of history

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Drunk Nerds posted:

I have a general rule: Whenever someone says something about themselves, assume the opposite is true.

Obviously it's not accurate all the time, but it's been right a shockingly sufficient % of the time for me to assume it as a rule

I'm a terrible person.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Drunk Nerds posted:

Obviously it's not accurate all the time, but it's been right a shockingly sufficient % of the time for me to assume it as a rule, and to try to never say anything self-referential without backing it up with a lot of history

that's honestly half the fun of these stories, obviously the people posting these things are looking for validation because they feel guilty about something so we get to look for the areas where they're obviously exaggerating or lying to make themselves look better.

100% of the time if you take the story at face value the correct answer is "gosh the other person is terrible and you'd be better off never talking to them again" but the reality is you already have to be a garbage fire of a person to be posting these things in the first place.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

quote:

My girlfriend [18/F] is disrespectful [25/M]

My girlfriend ocassuanly calls me stupid, pathetic, a joke. Today she poked my head asking if I can use this.

In her opinion my ego is too big and I should accept it as something normal.

In mine that a relationship needs respect and she has to be responsible for her actions and "that's how I am, it's not personal." Doesn't work.

What do you think r/relationship? Can a relationship without respect be healthy?

tl;dr Disrespectful girlfriend refuses to change.

maybe don't date a teenager, dude!

quote:

I [27/F] gave my brother-in-law [20/M] a blowjob while drunk and now he is blackmailing me with it

This happened during our Christmas family gathering, everyone was quite drunk at the time and I made the mistake of giving my brother-in-law a blowjob. My husband had passed out at the time and does not know anything about this. I don't know what came over me, I was drunk and felt sympathy for him since his girlfriend broke up with him on Christmas eve. I regret having done so and we both agreed to forget this ever happened and never talk about it. However, the very next day he started sexting me and making further advances, even flirting at me while my husband is around. I told him to stop but he then took to blackmailing me that he would tell my husband and even the entire family about what we did if I didn't send him sexual photos and do him sexual favors in a passive-aggressive way. I don't know if he is serious or not but I can't take any chances of anyone finding this out... What should I do?

Edit: He is going back to university soon in about two weeks, I am considering just following what he says until he leaves and hopefully get a girlfriend, I'm unsure whether or not this is a good choice although...

tl;dr: I made the mistake and gave my brother-in-law a blowjob when drunk, he has since then made advances on me and blackmailing me if I didn't do what he says.

lol "i made the mistake of giving him a blowjob"

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm a terrible person.

finally a member of the 1%

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

My sisters-in-law are generally good kids. They're varsity cheerleaders,

Ah yes, noted bastion of morality: the cheerleader squad.

Also, dildo mom needs to sit her son down and have a conversation about snooping whether he wants to or not.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gluten Freeman posted:

lol "i made the mistake of giving him a blowjob"

blackmailing someone into sex isn't lol

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Pick posted:

of course not, but that line was funny

anyway, something crazy is going on here:

quote:

Sisters and I [32 F] want your advice on situation with our sister [27 F], who is getting married in a few days

Alright, we've been lurking here since yesterday, and we want your advice. There's five of us, and the middle sister is going to get married in a couple of days to her fiance, legally. So, the situation is that there is a guy who likes her, he's alright, he's liked our sister for years, we know it, we can tell, he was even hitting on her and flirting. She wanted the attention and invited it. A couple of years ago, when she was with her fiance, my sister got flirted by hard by this guy, she liked the attention, but ultimately dismissed him completely. Later on, about half a year, we found out from a mutual friend that he wanted to make our sister jealous, so he asked another one of our sisters to get married with him. They aren't married, though. We all think that it was wrong, and that he was desperate for our sister's attention and that he wanted her, but he's still trying to pursue our other sister, and it makes us uncomfortable.

Right now, I'm not staying with them, but from what I can tell, is that both sisters are fighting over which one he likes, as in, 'he likes me', 'no, he likes me, not you'. That's what could be happening with them.

The other day he posted a few pictures of one of our sisters online, and we don't know why but it was creepy, although he said that the pictures were for holiday spirit as they were Christmas themed. Maybe we're overracted, that's what he said. So we want your take on this entire matter, because you know this better than us. What is going on, is this similar to what you have to deal with?

We don't if he will call our sister or message her to not go through with the marriage, but, in any case, if he does he'd be showing our other sister, the one he asked to marry, that he actually wanted another sister all along. We haven't encountered this kind of thing before, that's why we're asking you.
Our sister, the one he likes, is sad and disappointed about all this, but she gave him a chance to talk with her again, and she likes him. We're also sad and disappointed, but at the end of the day, we think he was dumb but we don't know what else to think. What do you think?

I hope that you can help us out.

tl;dr Our sister is getting married legally in a couple of days, there is a guy who likes her and he may end up contacting her to tell her to cancel the marriage. We don't know what to think of him, and want your opinion on him, the situation, and what we should do. Please let us know if you need more details and information.

as if that wasn't confusing enough, here come the comments:

quote:

Homegirl, come on. We all saw you post this a few hours ago. Give it up.

-

Your "sister" (aka...you) already posted this multiple times. I believe the general consensus was that she is batshit crazy, and needs therapy.

-

The post you responded to is definitely a side account by the OP. I am actually super fascinated by the multiple roles being played here -- I wonder how often this happens online.

-

Plot twist: OP is actually the weirdo guy

im not gonna even try to understand this

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Gluten Freeman posted:

maybe don't date a teenager, dude!

r/relationships 3.0: My girlfriend ocassuanly calls me stupid

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Pick posted:

If the comments aren't at least 90% "The truth shall set you free" then lol

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Gluten Freeman posted:

of course not, but that line was funny

anyway, something crazy is going on here:

as if that wasn't confusing enough, here come the comments:

im not gonna even try to understand this

I legitimately cannot parse this at all, which I'm pretty sure is a massive red flag for "OP's a crazy person"

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I legitimately cannot parse this at all, which I'm pretty sure is a massive red flag for "OP's a crazy person"
It's either:

(a) GuyA pretended to like SisterA because he thought he could get with SisterB this way somehow, but now GuyA is marrying SisterA even though he really likes SisterB?
(b) GuyA really liked SisterB and SisterB is getting married to GuyB

I get the hunch it's B and the post makes no god drat sense. If it were A, it'd make a mild amount of sense but that's just not how the post is structured.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 28, 2016

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Khorne posted:

It's either:

(a) GuyA pretended to like SisterA because he thought he could get with SisterB this way somehow, but now GuyA is marrying SisterA even though he really likes SisterB?
(b) GuyA really liked SisterB and SisterB is getting married to GuyB

I get the hunch it's B and the most makes no god drat sense. If it were A, it'd make a mild amount of sense but that's just not how the post is structured.

a seems like the only possible reason to make the post but who knows

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Drunk Nerds posted:

My dick is shockingly small.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Chichevache posted:

My clit is shockingly small.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Chichevache posted:

My dick is shockingly small.

The only way I can be shocked seeing tiny dicks is if it's a perfectly scaled down normal dick but like, 1/100th the size. That would be interesting to see.

Like even if the hairs were scaled down and tiny. Usually those still grow at the normal size.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Christmas is so much nicer when adults don't give each other gifts, so glad wife and I and my parents don't bother. My wife's side of the family does gifts and it's such a pain in the rear end in comparison to being free of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
agreed buddy