Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

I unironically thought Fight Song was Katy Perry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
idk how that article says that nobody is donating

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Rand alPaul posted:

Hillary has to run in 2020 to bring in more money to the foundation. It looks like no one is donating now.

naw dude the idea that the foundation was pay 4 play was planted by the KGB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/815571243516706817

theres some good salt in this twitter thread

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I'm really surprised Van Jones is still at CNN. Or is the token progressive of the bunch?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
the people fighting to rebuke him at the last .05 seconds of that vid is like the uphill struggle for the party crystallised in time lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Aurubin posted:

I'm really surprised Van Jones is still at CNN. Or is the token progressive of the bunch?

van jones was overall pretty neutral during the primary and probably the only person willing to play devils advocate for bernie AND trump. i think hes the only person under the age of 50 working there i swear.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

Spending vast of amounts of money to only get humilated by Trump?

I think she was the Jeb! of the general election.

I mean that she would also lose the primary and not by a small amount.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also just a reminder that van jones was like the only person right about trump at cnn for the entire election cycle

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
there was a facinating exchange between van jones and one of trump's ex-campaign managers the weird looking incompetent guy whos name ends in -ski or whatever on election night about hillary's refusal to man up and concede

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

anime was right posted:

also just a reminder that van jones was like the only person right about trump at cnn for the entire election cycle

I was surprised that Michael Moore was right for a change, when he predicted a Trump win due to hillary losing working class and rural voters.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

there was a facinating exchange between van jones and one of trump's ex-campaign managers the weird looking incompetent guy whos name ends in -ski or whatever on election night about hillary's refusal to man up and concede
lewandowski and van jones kept it relatively real for CNN yeah.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

logikv9 posted:

idk how that article says that nobody is donating

Bill wouldn't be triple matching donations if they were pouring in.

Hillary diehards calling him a traitor, it's great.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Yinlock posted:

i still think going "lol craaaazy conspiracy" and brushing off the russia thing is dumb, but more dumb is thinking russia somehow made people vote trump with their amazing mind-control rayguns

trump would have won california but we took out the mind control ray at Alcatraz at the last moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4R7fmL5Y6c

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rand alPaul posted:

Hillary has to run in 2020 to bring in more money to the foundation. It looks like no one is donating now.

I was assured that the Clinton Foundation is a real charity and not just a way for rich people to curry favor with the future First Female President.

So that article has to be some of that Fake News I've been hearing about

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Rand alPaul posted:

Bill wouldn't be triple matching donations if they were pouring in.

Well he's a traitor insofar in that he's not an active editor on HillaryIs44.org, which celebrates the life , work, commitment and experience of Hillary Clinton - the woman who will be the 44th person to take the oath of office as ...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

hillaryis44 abandoning her and going full bore on the trump train was an election highlight imo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

jBrereton posted:

the people fighting to rebuke him at the last .05 seconds of that vid is like the uphill struggle for the party crystallised in time lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyc3u32-JEY

actually they all pretty much on the same side of things, just two of them are guest speakers

the lady was really correct too. when the pundits all seem to agree with us, thats... probably a good sign.

edit: she seems much more establishment watching the full clip elsewhere, but everyone's kinda on the same page.

anime was right has issued a correction as of 23:26 on Jan 1, 2017

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Rand alPaul posted:

I predicted that right-wingers would get deep into dolchstoss conspiracy theories after the election, and I feel my prediction has been validated.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

I was assured that the Clinton Foundation is a real charity and not just a way for rich people to curry favor with the future First Female President.

So that article has to be some of that Fake News I've been hearing about

Indeed, "it looks like no one is donating now" was, in fact, fake news

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hillaryis44 abandoning her and going full bore on the trump train was an election highlight imo

Hillaryis44 is pretty amazing since you can read it all the way back to the Obama primary.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

anime was right posted:

actually they all pretty much on the same side of things, just two of them are guest speakers

the lady was really correct too. when the pundits all seem to agree with us, thats... probably a good sign.

edit: she seems much more establishment watching the full clip elsewhere, but everyone's kinda on the same page.

oh man god help us if we're pinning our hopes on Kamela Harris

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Wait what? No loving way

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

jBrereton posted:

i seriously died at the NOW WAIT A MINUTE there lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nerses IV posted:

Wait what? No loving way

old white women very racist, not keen about her working with "that man," it turns out

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Nerses IV posted:

Wait what? No loving way

They went completely insane when Obama "stole" her nomination in 2008, and all-but named her a race traitor when she accepted Secretary of State under him.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

watching him sputter in rage as morons in uspol accused him of being a bernout because of the avatar I bought him was probably my best purchase of 2016

:kiss:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/NellSco/status/815651004158853120

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

docbeard posted:

The equal and opposite position, in which there were no external factors other than HILLARY BAD, is also dumb. And frankly, I think, a little more dangerous, because no one's gonna let Hillary run again* but things like the Republicans doing their damnedest to make it illegal for the working class (and especially the minority working class) to vote and Russia acting as a pro-Trump SuperPAC and Trump being good at putting on a big popular show (which is to say, a political campaign) would be problems for any campaign, and I'd hate to see an actual good candidate lose because the only lesson we learned was HILLARY BAD.

___
*Watch me be hilariously and tragically wrong about this

I actually think overly blaming Clinton is worse because if there's one thing the left doesn't need right now, it's friendly fire. Our ire should be focused on the right as long as lessons from internal and external gently caress ups are learned.

Even as someone hesitant to assign undue blame to Clinton, gently caress this guy.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

i like van jones. hes a good journalist. i don't like his politics but i like him. I really liked that he talked to the alex jones fools and took them semi seriously

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nichael posted:

I actually think overly blaming Clinton is worse because if there's one thing the left doesn't need right now, it's friendly fire. Our ire should be focused on the right as long as lessons from internal and external gently caress ups are learned.

its more her circle than her herself. the people she surrounded herself with did tons of damage to downticket races. this led to republican instituted voter suppression and cost us reliable infrastructure and may have actually lost her the election down the road.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Captain_Maclaine posted:

They went completely insane when Obama "stole" her nomination in 2008, and all-but named her a race traitor when she accepted Secretary of State under him.

Im not saying Hillary Clinton is racist, but the behavior of some of her supporters, and the fact she hasn't publicly condemed them, is very troubling.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/cuomo-vetoes-bill-requiring-n-y-fund-legal-services-poor-article-1.2930833

cuomo is a very great and excellent person

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Baloogan posted:

i like van jones. hes a good journalist. i don't like his politics but i like him. I really liked that he talked to the alex jones fools and took them semi seriously

whoa you were interviewed by van jones? :eyepop:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I was JUST going to post that

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cuomo is a bad person

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

whoa you were interviewed by van jones? :eyepop:

lol i wish i were
im p sure he would help me understand myself better if he interviewed me

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

anime was right posted:

its more her circle than her herself. the people she surrounded herself with did tons of damage to downticket races. this led to republican instituted voter suppression and cost us reliable infrastructure and may have actually lost her the election down the road.

Also think of the down ticket races that linked themselves to her but ending up losing even in promising states like PA.

As a Result the GOP controls 2/3 branches of the government.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

christ. they are just gonna triple down on the ID politics/internet feminism/internet social "progresivism" arnt they. well gently caress me.

as it should be. the clintonians could have won this had they actually tried to branch out from Ivory tower liberalism and ID politic shaming/purity test times. instead they ignored the poors and pissed on the white poors/workers and now they are out on their asses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

quote:

“Until the last possible moment, we attempted to reach an agreement with the Legislature that would have achieved the stated goal of this legislation, been fiscally responsible, and had additional safeguards to ensure accountability and transparency,” Cuomo spokesman Richard Azzopardi said.

Always love it when a Dem throws out "fiscal responsibility" as an excuse for shutting down a good thing.

otoh I'm sure those words played drat well with the JeffersonClays of the party

• Locked thread