Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

nuru posted:

Have any of the LL mentioned things like PLD quality of life improvements (Shield/Sword oath off GCD, Sword Oath adds potency to abilities rather than auto, flash doing damage, etc)?

Nope. They always stay pretty quiet on class changes though other than mentioning they are coming, which they haven't done for paladin as far as I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

nice meta comp dark knights and ninjas

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I have yet to get through that last big pull in Gubal Hard without a wipe. I pop every cooldown on deck. I even pop Hallowed!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm an i235 shitlord PLD and I survive just fine. I guess you have terrible luck with healers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dukka posted:

nice meta comp dark knights and ninjas

If there was some replacement for storm's eye, ninja would make DRK/PLD completely viable.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

I have yet to get through that last big pull in Gubal Hard without a wipe. I pop every cooldown on deck. I even pop Hallowed!

Truga posted:

I'm an i235 shitlord PLD and I survive just fine. I guess you have terrible luck with healers.

Yep, sounds like a healer problem. I was doing that pull with unspectacularly geared tanks first week with comfort.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'll only pull that entire last gubal HM pull if we have a caster limit break ready to go.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I hate that last pull with pubbie tanks, because they usually try to respect the content and refrain from pulling the last pack.
Which means I have to do it. Which means I get healing aggro. Which means I can't spend much time casting holy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mymla posted:

I hate that last pull with pubbie tanks, because they usually try to respect the content and refrain from pulling the last pack.
Which means I have to do it. Which means I get healing aggro. Which means I can't spend much time casting holy.

That's what dragoons are good for.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'll only pull that entire last gubal HM pull if we have a caster limit break ready to go.

As a SCH main, I hate you. That place is perfect to dish out all the loving dps, even if both DPS never use an aoe skill.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Mymla posted:

They've been burned by bad healers and have no faith, so they don't over-pull.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

They've been burned by bad healers and have no faith, so they don't over-pull.

I've been killed so many times pulling the full group while popping cooldowns like I'm in an e/n thread and they are made out of klonopin that I am a bit gunshy there. It really does all come down to the healer.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Velthice posted:

I'm on my phone away from home so this is gonna be simplified, but the idea is that for maximum raid dps, you have the war pull with unchained with nin assistance for an massive threat lead.

Warrior pull is helpful for dark knights, in which case you should take some care in where you BB, but you don't need unchained for this. Spend those stacks on a fell cleave.

e: Assuming you're getting shadewalker in there, of course.

VHGS fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 1, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

VHGS posted:

Warrior pull is helpful for dark knights, in which case you should take some care in where you BB, but you don't need unchained for this. Spend those stacks on a fell cleave.

The pro strat is to have a long enough count down before the fight so the warrior can pop infuriate, use a vengeance to keep up stacks, and then will still have it back off cooldown for triple FC after you build stacks in unchained defiance.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

VHGS posted:

Then you're warrior is losing 25% of their damage from the time they spend in defiance, which half the reason you have a warrior pull anyway (no lost damage from tank stance). The other issue you have is then your dps have a real chance of catching your mt, which means more power slashes which is a huge dps loss, and thus a raid dps loss. At that point you might as well have your drk pull anyway because you hosed your damage anyway. You want to do absolute maximum raid dps? You have the warrior pull with unchained.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Velthice posted:

You want to do absolute maximum raid dps?

That's what this is about, I thought I was clear on this but I guess it needs repeating. If you have a different opener that you think makes the raid do more dps then yea, I want to hear it. I don't care about maximizing the war's own dps at the cost of the raid, I don't care about what goofy poo poo your own personal group does that isn't anything close to optimal. This is about, "the absolute best" pull for the entire group.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
No, you just pull in deliverance. If you need a little more threat, start in defiance and switch after like one or two gcds. Unchained is turbo overkill. You still end up with more threat for your DRK this way because the WAR is doing butcher's block for damage and blowing berserk. You shouldn't need power slash.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Starting in deliverance means you lose too much threat, starting in defiance without unchained means you lose too much damage.

e: Also, you can just prepop infuriate with raw intuition like Mr. Nice! suggested and have it back up in time for the pull.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 1, 2017

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Just Unchained pull like everyone else does. Any other combination isn't worth it.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

VHGS posted:

No, you just pull in deliverance. If you need a little more threat, start in defiance and switch after like one or two gcds. Unchained is turbo overkill. You still end up with more threat for your DRK this way because the WAR is doing butcher's block for damage and blowing berserk. You shouldn't need power slash.

Is that enough threat to carry the fight though? I'm asking because I'm genuinely curious. If your drk has to power slash an extra time you've more or less equalized the damage, if they have to do it more than once, than you lost damage.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mymla posted:

That final pack is/was a total group skill, gear and set up dependent thing anyway. If any of those is lacking, better off not bothering and saving a run back.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So, how about that new years greeting poem from Yoshi P?

"Look ye where the sun doth rise,
See crimson embers, dark'ning skies.
Look ye where the sun doth fall,
See azure lost amidst the squall."

Combined with the Red Mage outfit in the picture and the fact that introducing red and blue mages at the same time would be the kind of goofy thing I could see them doing for a quasi-thematic reason, I have to wonder...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rising sun obviously refers to glorious Nippon. Samurai confirmed.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It says "azure lost", confirming that blue mage is gone forever.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Amidst the squall means that there will also be a gunblade class.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Tank classes are being converted to DDs

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
no change to war then

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Velthice posted:

Is that enough threat to carry the fight though? I'm asking because I'm genuinely curious. If your drk has to power slash an extra time you've more or less equalized the damage, if they have to do it more than once, than you lost damage.

As far as I can tell that is what the majority of speedrun groups do. It seems like it just works but the edge is fairly thin and you might get owned totally if dps have better weapons than the MT. Maybe if there was a fight with a lot of uptime and hp you would run into problems, but 9 dies too fast (and you can run 6 dps anyway), and everything else you spend a lot of time dicking around where threat management CDs can come back up.

My group only runs DRK on 12 right now, and we ran into an issue where we wanted shadewalker for the General's Time, so it's not back up until after the first stasis, and the AST would occasionally rip around there even with smoke. We ended up putting a bandaid over it by spending some time in grit. Unchained pull didn't occur to anyone but might have also worked and would have been better than that, but I think just having the scholar heal a little more would cost nothing and solve it as well if we spent the time to work it out. It stops being an issue after that spot, though. It's also easier with 275 weapons which we did not have.

Every other fight we just have the MT pull in sword oath and it's basically a non-issue because paladin.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

All the cryptic Louisoux poem poo poo means is that something bad is going to happen in Limsa at the same time that we go east to Ala Mhigo. Stay safe, best admiral.

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.

Orty posted:

Any LS/people on Gilgamesh? Transferred to play with some friends ages ago and they have all since stopped playing.

I'm on Gilgamesh, but I don't know of any goon LSs on here.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Azure being lost means that the we'll finally get closure on the blue-clad Grand Company and get to kill that one guy.

Assuming he isn't the real Griffin. Or maybe especially if he is.

unseenlibrarian fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 2, 2017

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Fister Roboto posted:

Amidst the squall means that there will also be a gunblade class.

Sorry but being that a squall is basically a storm it totally means geomancer.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

"See azure lost amidst the squall." clearly means we'll see Alphinaud killed by a gunblade.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Crimson = Red
Azure = Blue

Red and Blue = Pokemon

Beast Master confirmed.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Nill posted:

"See azure lost amidst the squall." clearly means we'll see Alphinaud killed by a gunblade.

:swoon:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Obligatum VII posted:

"Look ye where the sun doth rise,
See crimson embers, dark'ning skies.
Look ye where the sun doth fall,
See azure lost amidst the squall."

Nooooo Estinian don't jump to Limsa Lominsa! Especially during a storm! You survived one dragon only to get eaten by a sea serpent! Noooooo!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I guess I don't get relatively high rank chocobo racing. I feel like if I'm not tilting up 100% of the time I'll never keep up, but there's no way to have enough endurance to pull that off. Whether I win or not comes down to lucky item pickups, and even then I lose more often than not. And gently caress if I want to grind dozens of losses just to get a rank 9 chocobo that can't win races either.

Is there something else I'm supposed to do aside from tap back when lathered, stay to the inside of the track, and somehow not be within 20 feet of another chocobo so that they don't magically cause my path to be blocked?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Golden saucer is the most dangerous place in the game lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The goon squad came and helped me clear Nidhogg Extreme! And, personal point of pride, it wasn't a carryjob. I just needed 7 other people who knew what they were doing. Cool fight. More fun than Sophie, not as cool as Thordan. Now for Sephirot and then I will find peace.

• Locked thread