Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
Block won't save you from Shock and Horror

neither will flicker strike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
A quick thought experiment for why resistances/block is better with every % is thinking of the difference between 0% to 1% and 99% to 100%.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

oh come on haku now you're just being absurd

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Locke Dunnegan posted:

A quick thought experiment for why resistances/block is better with every % is thinking of the difference between 0% to 1% and 99% to 100%.

Well now it makes more sense. I was thinking too hard in terms of the absolute amount of blocks made/damage prevented.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/StashAugustine/characters

Starting to run red maps on ChristinaVasa, have ~5ex to my name. I've never played an ES character this far, any advice on how to gear up?

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Starting to run red maps on ChristinaVasa, have ~5ex to my name. I've never played an ES character this far, any advice on how to gear up?

Lose the Rainbowstrides for a well crafted pair of Sorcerer Boots with int and resists. An essence crafted Crystal Belt with int/flat es/resists is probably best in slot for you. No idea what those are going for but an OK one should be within your price range.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

StashAugustine posted:

Not really gear, but get some quality on that Scorching Ray asap, it makes it easier to clear offscreen.

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012

JawnV6 posted:

Jealous of the ES on that tree, mine seems to spend stupid amounts of time on travel nodes. I'm running an extra curse with the Doedre ring, LL is held at a low level since I'm not sure where my strength will end up once I've got another Brute Force. Last night I was tanking Carnage hits and LL kept up, but he was also melting before a second hit landed.

Yeah, I was originally going to go the tri-curse build but thought the SR one to be more interactive. With all the uniques used, resistances are the only things limiting me right now. If you're able to, an astramentis may help a lot with the strength issue. Finding a high tier amulet with strength and int rolls is also a good alternative with the benefit of additional res, ES or whatever else you need.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Grammaton posted:

I'm at 74% block chance right now. Should I get the last 1%, like is it just 1% or does it work like elemental resists where it's weighted more?

I'm doing a max block SRS that still has lots of killing power. Currently 74% block and 75% spell block with bone armor and lazhwar's.

What's your tree like? I'm doing hybrid life/es srs and desperately need some defences, maxing block would help loads.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

Ive become a fan of stibnite flasks, since you spend good amount of time not-moving due to channeling, why not not-move inside a smoke cloud that makes you harder to hit?
Your helmet needs some love too, 300ES hubris are to be had under 10 chaos.
crystal belts were 14c for the base when i looked for them a week ago, so maybe 10c/base now and then craft a bit.

How important is the astramentis for your gems?
Chayulas makes you stun immune and i cant tell you how much of a QoL that was for me.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

StashAugustine posted:

a cheap ES hat is a martyr's crown unique, love those things

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Astramentis is pretty important for WI builds. Do at least pick up the anti-stun lab enchant.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Weapon: 20 chaos
Armor: 5 chaos
Belt: 3 chaos
Boots: 1 chaos
Perandus: 2185 exalts
Gloves: 2 chaos

someone who is good at the economy help me budget this. my character is dying.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

theshim posted:

spend less chaos on perandus

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

theshim posted:

no

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soothing Vapors posted:

Astramentis is pretty important for WI builds. Do at least pick up the anti-stun lab enchant.

you can get 90 int on a rare neck and have actual stats tbh

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

please knock Mom! posted:

astramentis is pretty much only for builds that not only want a single stat but also have wacky stat requirements in other areas, IE: howa because you're converted most of your str/dex to int and without astramentis you're bone zoned

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

please knock Mom! posted:

Sure, but the point was that Chayula isn't a good option for WI.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Are the resist nodes on the passive tree (two I can think of, one left of Marauder start and 3 or 4 nodes below Scion start) generally only worth taking for gear slot constrained builds like (to make up examples here) Pyre/Southbound and Facebreakers? I'm getting a little tired of playing the resist balancing game while trying to upgrade rares, even on my warchief chieftain which isn't slot-constrained.

(ed) Speaking of upgrades, if anyone feels like commenting on upgrades while I'm at work and can't search poe.trade or poeaffix.net, feel free (CiaphasSA_Cohen again). I think I need gloves with aspd, a ring with aspd, and a rustic sash. I also think I want to use a couple regrets to trade life for more of those axe nodes on the far left of the tree; I'm at 6k life as is.

(ed) Seems most of my armour isn't quality 20 either, doh.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 5, 2017

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah they can be useful for that. Another good place to get them is jewel slots since you can get resists + a little damage too.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
First time trying out shaper

Guess that could've gone better

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jusupov posted:

First time trying out shaper

Guess that could've gone better

Did you run into the protective bubble too soon?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm probably going to have a second go at Shaper tonight, actually, this time on my warchief, and that picture raises a question: where is the safe zone on the ground? I'm bad at perspective.

(ed) Like, if things are getting desperate, can I let a pool go in the entire top half of the red circle and be okay, just the top quarter, or ??

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 5, 2017

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Holyshoot posted:

I guess. Ultimately I ripped just before the third phase

Any tips on anything gear wise?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jusupov/characters

Some guy who is doing the same build had 2 oblits but I don't like the amount of bv stacks I can keep up with that

I'm pretty bad at the game, I just play enough for it to not matter as much

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Holyshoot posted:

There's no safe room in that bubble. It's all covered in degen pools, and the character apparently didn't quite outregen that.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ornedan posted:

There's no safe room in that bubble. It's all covered in degen pools, and the character apparently didn't quite outregen that.

Yes I can see that. So did he make that happen because he ran into the bubble too soon?

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Ciaphas posted:

Are the resist nodes on the passive tree (two I can think of, one left of Marauder start and 3 or 4 nodes below Scion start) generally only worth taking for gear slot constrained builds like (to make up examples here) Pyre/Southbound and Facebreakers? I'm getting a little tired of playing the resist balancing game while trying to upgrade rares, even on my warchief chieftain which isn't slot-constrained.

(ed) Speaking of upgrades, if anyone feels like commenting on upgrades while I'm at work and can't search poe.trade or poeaffix.net, feel free (CiaphasSA_Cohen again). I think I need gloves with aspd, a ring with aspd, and a rustic sash. I also think I want to use a couple regrets to trade life for more of those axe nodes on the far left of the tree; I'm at 6k life as is.

(ed) Seems most of my armour isn't quality 20 either, doh.

Clearly the belt is a problem. You can probably get a rustic sash to replace that one for <5 chaos, with t2 resists and more life. That opens up the gloves for whatever you happen to want to put on them Boots, similarly, you could probably boost your resists from the slot while keeping similar life and 20+% movement speed.

One more easy thing you can do is to drop one of your 5% life nodes for the adjacent 8% life node near your Ancestral Bond wheel.

I don't know enough about how totems function to offer any specific suggestions on that front, though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thanks for the feedback!

Would be nice if you could search affixes on poe.trade by tier rather than having to look up the absolute numbers on exilemods or poeaffix.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 5, 2017

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Yes I can see that. So did he make that happen because he ran into the bubble too soon?

The puddles come from the orbs, which you can trigger by running over them and they explode after a short pause. If you don't have insane dps you need to kite the orbs around to the edge of the stage and explode them there. If you drop puddles in the center like that picture you are likely hosed unless you can out regen them.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Lungboy posted:

What's your tree like? I'm doing hybrid life/es srs and desperately need some defences, maxing block would help loads.

My tree at level 79: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...vuq_gr-VP6P_rM=

I use 5 zombies as meat shields and also vaal summon skeletons for boss rooms or breaches.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Grammaton posted:

My tree at level 79: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...vuq_gr-VP6P_rM=

I use 5 zombies as meat shields and also vaal summon skeletons for boss rooms or breaches.

I've been farting around with replacing zombies with totem spawning animated weapons to supplement damage but not sure I like it on a 4L.

Grammaton fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 6, 2017

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Lungboy posted:

This is where I went with my LL srs build (https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Khako/characters). Half necrobot, half easy mode solo. I'm chasing a Presence of chaylua, with United in Dream next. At 7500 ES now, with a little bit of armour and evasion. If you're in need of dps, grab Elemental Equilib and arc stuff.

Khako fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 6, 2017

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
It's more than six months - 3.0.0 doesn't come out immediately at the end of Breach. We're keeping the release date fluid currently, but the plan is to run another league when Breach ends.

r i p

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Aww, that's a shame. I was expecting maybe a one month league or some sort of delay but that's further than I was hoping by a significant chunk.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Soon™

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
if i stick "^Space::SendInput {Enter}/oos{Enter}" in the additionmacros text for poetrademacro, will that force a resync every time i hit ctrl-spacebar?

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 6, 2017

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just buy two 100 resist rings geez

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
http://poeurl.com/LRu

Could use some ideas on utility gem links for my bf raider howa (Aesolfr).

Currently I have:
Chest: Blade Flurry + supports
3l: Whirling Blades, Fortify, Faster Attacks
4: CWDT - IC - Increased Duration - Vaal Disc

But after that I'm a little up in the air. I don't know what's really optimal, so I've also got:
4l: Discipline, Wrath, Enlighten, Flame Dash (why not)
3l: CWDT(high), Vortex, Summon Lightning Golem
4l: CWDT (low), ball lightning, curse on hit, conductivity

I feel like there's probably more or better uses of my slots but idk what else I could do/use.

e: also any suggestions to passive tree are welcome as well
gearwise i'm saving up for a 6l chest before i upgrade anything else but if there any glaring problems definitely let me know

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 6, 2017

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012
So I mindlessly enchanted my fingerless silk gloves when running a friend through lab. Any way to revert the loss of my 15% increased spell damage implicit? If not I definitely learned a lesson paying attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

DemonMage posted:

Aww, that's a shame. I was expecting maybe a one month league or some sort of delay but that's further than I was hoping by a significant chunk.

quote:

It's more than six months between Atlas and 3.0.0. The 3.0.0 expansion doesn't come out immediately at the end of Breach. We're keeping the release date fluid currently, but the plan is to run another league when Breach ends.

Atlas league was released September 2nd. I'm guessing "another league" means a flashback league or something similar, not a full three month league. A full three month league would take too much effort to develop when they need all their spare time finishing off 3.0.

• Locked thread