Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

And then I ruined everything with a hack job to put the bandage back in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Has the Alaskan (alledged) kiddy-fiddler been tried yet?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus posted:

Before

After

HirryMcSkirry decided to delete her ill-advised posts.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

CIG won't offer partial refunds, because there would be an overwhelming wave of people who would decide to only keep one or two of their more special ships on their account and stay in the game, and refund the rest of their 'investment'.

CIG need to ensure they realise that there is a 'risk' that if they refund now, when SC is released and is the most awesome game that there ever could be then they will have to buy back in with a lowly plebmobile while all the other backers who kept the faith fly around in their fleet of blingchariots.

Trying to generate the mindset that "if I refund now, I will be SO far behind everyone else when the game launches. Better to not get a refund and stay in the game."

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

Has the Alaskan (alledged) kiddy-fiddler been tried yet?

His next trial week apparently got put off again. It is now slated for Feb 13.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is good. :shobon:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

I've done a lot of soul searching and I's sorry to tell you all that Star Citizen is actually very good

Who are you and what did you do with the concerned dancy cat's body?

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Galarox posted:

So - True story: I got early access to Escape from Tarkov (an FPS in alpha) and started playing with some people. Two things:

1: Its a Real Playable Game and its lots of fun even if it is still in alpha and a little buggy, but the main mechanics of the game are there and solid. Very solid.

2: Two of the peeps I was playing with are Star Shitizens. It was awkward - in the end I didn't want to get all evangelical and full Goon on them so I just said that I had got a refund and got out and that I didn't think the game would ever be released as promised. It's interesting to me that outside of SA and the CIG cultist bubble that there are people who are utterly unaware that this game is a train wreck. They still think Crobbles will produce the goods. I suspect that there are a lot of citizens who are like this, and it goes (to my mind at least) some way to explaining why CIG are still generating money. Despite the noise from SA, Dereck and pissed off ex-cultists there are still a hell of a lot of people who are assuming that the game will be made, released and good.

:negative:

edit: taxxe

You speak of a bubble as if... ::mirror::

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Hang on I was thinking of Doom

WHEW!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

boviscopophobic posted:

His next trial week apparently got put off again. It is now slated for Feb 13.

... are they trying to make sure he goes to prison on Feb 14th? A nice Valentine's Day present for some nonce-hating inmate?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

I archered the paper for my no smarties sign from the same company CIG archered the fake sandi stock photo from :smuggo:

Is that post your CIG resume? Because you know that just put you in their spotlight for "talent we can use, abuse, threaten, treat like crap and barely pay" radar.

I wish you luck in your new career!

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
This clip from the new Star Citizen documentary following different community figures around in real life is really telling..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFpfaQXCz3c&feature=youtu.be

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Goobs posted:

This clip from the new Star Citizen documentary following different community figures around in real life is really telling..

i slogged through that thing on netflix last night and the hypnotist making that dudes girlfriend say "acknowledged" made me feel physically unwell

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

i slogged through that thing on netflix last night and the hypnotist making that dudes girlfriend say "acknowledged" made me feel physically unwell

my fiancee and I laughed...but mostly cringed our way through it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AusaNp6FOSQNAmY7m_zZbh82hFqW0-9xxQDKvIZyx3o/edit

TL;DR a couple of RSI employees on the Evocati discord made a rule that if you spoil Rogue One your RSI account will be closed:

An OG backer took issue with it and was thrown out of the discord. Asked for a partial refund and was given a full refund instead and account closed. In conclusion don't gently caress with an RSI employees shooty space movie.

Makes sense. You'd basically be spoiling Sq42 for everybody. Once The Roberts sees it, he'll be coming up with all kinds of great new "ideas" all by himself!

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

The Titanic posted:

Makes sense. You'd basically be spoiling Sq42 for everybody. Once The Roberts sees it, he'll be coming up with all kinds of great new "ideas" all by himself!

Have they cast an A-list actor to mocap the new witty and endearing robot sidekick that will sacrifice themselves to save the heroes yet?

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

The Titanic posted:

"Wait, we can just CGI dead actors into things?" *Announces 50x new famous faces for the cast.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

Wait what is this from?? I need to know.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Inkel posted:

Have they cast an A-list actor to mocap the new witty and endearing robot sidekick that will sacrifice themselves to save the heroes yet?

I think the "heroic sacrifice" has been in every Wing Commander.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bat Ham posted:

"Wait, we can just CGI dead actors into things?" *Announces 50x new famous faces for the cast.

Not even being dead can save you from being part of Star Citizen. Like most bakers, many actors may not see the fruits of their labor here!

Except mopping guy, ninja aircraft carrier guy, and the Amazon Grand Tour guy.

But even then, those are all YouTube videos, not released parts of a game somebody could test or run their own computer. Like pupils in a planet, these are the days of our parps.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Of course if the idea is new to Roberts, it's also new to everyone else. And of course the inspiration for Robert's idea is so obscure he's going to make it better and share "the vision" with the world.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Sabreseven posted:

For history, to show "progress"

and

reference :

Progress log:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

Of course if the idea is new to Roberts, it's also new to everyone else. And of course the inspiration for Robert's idea is so obscure he's going to make it better and share "the vision" with the world.

I for one am glad he invented the Dune sandworm. Could have been worse, like the Beetlejuice sandworm. Thank heavens The Roberts has classy ideas!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Goobs posted:

haha, man, i remember watching this when i was at university

gross. so much of it is tied up in stuff like wanting to own a slave or being to have total and complete control over what your partner looks like.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Too bad he didn't discover standard game development practices in the last 15-20 years.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

toanoradian posted:

Progress log:

From now on when anyone asks me what Star Citizen is, I'm just going to show them this gif. I feel like it captures the essence of this entire train wreck.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone please put Derek back in the window of the door. It triggers me every time I see he's missing.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone please put Derek back in the window of the door. It triggers me every time I see he's missing.

same

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

same

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
CIG is off to a strong start this year.

tonesville
Apr 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Been reading and loving this thread for months and my first post. Same

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Goobs posted:

my fiancee and I laughed...but mostly cringed our way through it.

What the hell is it?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So we see you have questions thanks to some numb skull accidentally asking for your feedback, so in the spirit of not giving a gently caress me WAY decide to answer them

Most open development, ever

Also in the goon-effort picture please we need a burning pile of cash (the entire office doesn't count)

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Samizdata posted:

What the hell is it?

"My Sex Robot". It's on Netflix now.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Would it be alright if he's just peeking through a weirdly-placed window on the automatic door?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fun Fact: The Q&A series exists because I told Ben that it would be a good idea, and that people had a ton of questions that needed answering.

Naturally they turned it into a marketing strategy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

toanoradian posted:

Would it be alright if he's just peeking through a weirdly-placed window on the automatic door?

Honestly that feels right.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I seriously want to get a high quality print of that and have Derek sign it.

Maybe I should do a Kickstarter.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Goobs posted:

I will have to check it out, as long as I don't have to wear makeup, bad shades or bunny ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Goobs posted:

This is an excellent post.