Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Bar Crow posted:

You are watching a commercial. Anyone willingly watching a commercial is a retard.

True but ads for say Coca Cola doesn't start with a shorter ad for Coca Cola and a title card before the real ad begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

True but ads for say Coca Cola doesn't start with a shorter ad for Coca Cola and a title card before the real ad begins.

They will if that's what it takes to explain soda pop to retards.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Seriously. That movie owns.

The beginning part of the A-Team movie is fun but then by the end it just kind of collapsing under its own weight and has this weird bit where all of a sudden Bradley Cooper is in charge?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

That was his arc. And the end had the falling tank scene.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Shageletic posted:

That was his arc. And the end had the falling tank scene.

That's more in the middle.

The whole movie is great though. Patrick Wilson is a real treat in it.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
What the gently caress...A-Team is great you fuckin' nerds.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

A-Team was great until they drove the tank out of the lake, after that it becomes generic and boring.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Shageletic posted:

eh, seems like typical superhero plotting, making the GoT girl just someone needing saving is lame.

Yeah, this looks bad. Maybe she's trying to break out of her type casting as "intelligent, capable female character" to try something fresh and nuanced like "damsel in distress".

Also, I love that every single person that suddenly finds out they have super powers in movies/tv/comics immediately thinks, "Sweet, now I can really beat the poo poo out of some poor people with few options in life. Watch out, petty criminals!"

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

The beginning part of the A-Team movie is fun but then by the end it just kind of collapsing under its own weight and has this weird bit where all of a sudden Bradley Cooper is in charge?

This is my thoughts. There are parts of it I like, they had great chemistry, but for some reason felt the need to end the movie with Face becoming the planner/leader and taking over Hannibal's catchphrase... a lot of great moments but the ride, especially near the end, was too bumpy. Plus you just don't do an A-Team movie where you introduce the van in the opening and then destroy it five minutes later.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I wish they'd have made Face a woman. I want Dirk Benedict to suffer.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I wish they'd have made Face a woman. I want Dirk Benedict to suffer.

He particularly misogynistic? Was he upset about Starbuck becoming a woman in the reboot series?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

marshmallow creep posted:

He particularly misogynistic? Was he upset about Starbuck becoming a woman in the reboot series?

He was super upset about it.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

marshmallow creep posted:

I'll let him tell it in his own words:

http://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/home/articles-readarticle.php?nid=5

The funny thing is that originally before the new BSG miniseries aired, he did a promotional interview with the new Starbuck actress to promote it and was supposedly the one who convinced a then-reluctant Richard Hatch to give it a try.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

The funny thing is that originally before the new BSG miniseries aired, he did a promotional interview with the new Starbuck actress to promote it and was supposedly the one who convinced a then-reluctant Richard Hatch to give it a try.

Didn't he soften his stance? Because I've seen him in photos with Katee Sackoff after BSG ended and he didn't look pissed off about it.

Also, you can see him being up a bit upset about "castration" of Starbuck because he had testicular cancer following the A-Team and it probably did wonders regarding his own masculinity.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Chairman Capone posted:

Isn't there a funny video of Katee Sackhoff and him in a Starbucks?

I can't find it but it seemed like a nice reconciliation thingy.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Young Freud posted:

Didn't he soften his stance? Because I've seen him in photos with Katee Sackoff after BSG ended and he didn't look pissed off about it.

Really? The only pictures of them together I've ever seen are from the pre-miniseries interview. I remember when the A-Team movie came out he went back to criticizing BSG, too. He also called the movie "The Gay Team".

syscall girl posted:

Isn't there a funny video of Katee Sackhoff and him in a Starbucks?

I can't find it but it seemed like a nice reconciliation thingy.

Yeah, this was their meeting in 2003, before he had his change of heart about the show. It was included on the BSG miniseries DVD, not sure if it made it onto any of the other BSG DVD releases.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Trailer bumpers are a thing because you all hate advertising so much that youtube gave you a way to skip it. Since companies pay for advertising they use bumpers in the hopes that you'll say oh hey maybe I'll watch this trailer since it seems to have some cool elements.

I finished 8 bumpers today alone, if you were unsure where my biases are.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

I hope that spoiler is true.

Also iBoy trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbEWtpSmJXg

Watchdogs got a movie?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

did i hear it wrong but is the girl's name Lucy and the guy literally gets powers from the titular character of the Luc Besson movie

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

DC Murderverse posted:

Actually, (and I only know this because there was a brief period where articles were written before the studio told them to get the gently caress off the internet until the movie was released) the twist is that James McAvoy's character was created for a sequel to Unbreakable and this movie is in the same continuity.

If this is true then maybe I will see it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

The Saddest Rhino posted:

did i hear it wrong but is the girl's name Lucy and the guy literally gets powers from the titular character of the Luc Besson movie

No, it is not a sequel to Lucy

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Improbable Lobster posted:

No, it is not a sequel to Lucy

that's what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
First of all, Lucy was an adult woman in the movie Lucy

Second, Lucy was NOT British

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's our good friend Lucy Fayre.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

Really? The only pictures of them together I've ever seen are from the pre-miniseries interview. I remember when the A-Team movie came out he went back to criticizing BSG, too. He also called the movie "The Gay Team".

Yeah, this was their meeting in 2003, before he had his change of heart about the show. It was included on the BSG miniseries DVD, not sure if it made it onto any of the other BSG DVD releases.

On the dvd commentary they talk about almost casting him as God for the season one finale, so while they were writing the season they considered him a friend of the show. But they do also mention that for various unnamed reasons they ended up doing something very different for the finale.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Improbable Lobster posted:

First of all, Lucy was an adult woman in the movie Lucy

Second, Lucy was NOT British

Didn't Lucy ascend beyond the realm of mere mortals? Maybe she's just slumming, and if that's the case, she can be whatever she wants.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I know why this got greenlighted, but ugh the book was so bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTUUoQ3FRLE
Also, the trailer spoils the ending lol

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I know why this got greenlighted, but ugh the book was so bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTUUoQ3FRLE

For some reason, I thought that Joss Whedon was attached to this.

Also, I had no idea until now this was written by Mike Carey of Lucifer fame. Dang.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Didn't that film come out months ago?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

September last year in the UK. US release is next month.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
New trailer for Russian Avengers Guardians!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j450dFQQU20

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

How many loving Bears are in this thing.

I mean, it'll never be enough.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Please let there be a sub

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This looks both janky and badass in the most Russian of ways.

By the way, Fantastic Beasts have now surpassed $800 million worldwide, so it's about as successful as the other Harry Potter movies.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Keeps looking better than Avengers. Hype.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

You'd think the creators of zombie fiction would realize that zombies are so stale and overplayed that they have to come up with a dumbass euphemism like "hungries" just to avoid people tuning out.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The book is good tho

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

You'd think the creators of zombie fiction would realize that zombies are so stale and overplayed that they have to come up with a dumbass euphemism like "hungries" just to avoid people tuning out.

White America doesn't need that now that Trump won. Their postapoc dreams of slaughtering ni-- errr necros are about to come true.

Plus new RE brah so why bother

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 14, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

One thing about zombie movies that annoys me is aside from a couple of examples, all of them exist in a universe where the concept of zombies doesn't exist. Like if you were out with friends and you saw a dude shambling towards you with bits missing arms stretched out in front dripping blood you or at least one person you were with would probably assume it was a zombie even if they didn't say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

One thing about zombie movies that annoys me is aside from a couple of examples, all of them exist in a universe where the concept of zombies doesn't exist. Like if you were out with friends and you saw a dude shambling towards you with bits missing arms stretched out in front dripping blood you or at least one person you were with would probably assume it was a zombie even if they didn't say.

Max Brooks found when he did some research on the topic that most police forces and emergency crews have put significant thought into how they would handle a zombie outbreak as an intellectual exercise.

• Locked thread