Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I see the Nuggets absolutely shot the lights out against Indiana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Spacebump posted:

Agreed. It's got to suck to support a team with an evil owner.

You have no goddamn idea

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEuRvb5CIco

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The shot at 1:33 proves this team is the GOAT.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Erika_A_Clark/status/819673504555630593

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Sean Kilpatrick is the only asset on the roster

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Other assets on the roster means there was a page before that that said Assets and I don't believe that for one second

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
People in random NBA cities should start going into Starbucks wearing suits with documents in a similar format while loudly talking about potential moves.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Spacebump posted:

People in random NBA cities should start going into Starbucks wearing suits with documents in a similar format while loudly talking about potential moves.
I would kill for a spiral bound page with LIABILITIES as the header and a picture of Derrick Rose underneath it to go viral

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

McDermott's Dad is going to be pissed that he's now behind Paul Zipser in the rotation.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

Sean Kilpatrick is the only asset on the roster

University of Cincinnati Legend Sean Kilpatrick. (Bearcats, bitch)

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

Other assets on the roster means there was a page before that that said Assets and I don't believe that for one second

a warehouse full of 300,000 NETS branded coffee mugs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

McDermott's Dad is going to be pissed that he's now behind Paul Zipser in the rotation.

I just flipped the game on and got McDermott and Bonefoot confused, but I knew it was Zipser when I saw him grab a contested rebound.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

a warehouse full of 300,000 NETS branded coffee mugs

The Nets should have:

A) Hung up Nets nets on every basketball hoop in the boroughs

B) Changed their name to the Knights

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

EvanTH posted:

Javale McGee looks like if Steph finally hit puberty

just need to triple down on this real quick-like

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 13, 2017

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

EvanTH posted:

just need to triple down on this real quick-like

lmao, solid post

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: everyone hates the chargers
https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/819707938247819264

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
oops i accidentally posted this in the game day thread but i meant to post it here

https://twitter.com/manuginobili/status/819758745991442432

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Was Pat Riley the second worst player of all time?
http://www.basketball-reference.com...&order_by_asc=Y

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Someone needs to take this to the next level and replace Master Shake with Donald Sterling.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Juaguocio posted:

Someone needs to take this to the next level and replace Master Shake with Donald Sterling.

Nah. Doc and Austin Rivers.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Anyone reading Furious George yet? It's too bad he had to drop all those douchey bombs to sell books, I haven't finished his latest ep with Zach Lowe but ever since the last ep he was on I thought Lowe+Karl was a pretty good podcast combo

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
I don't watch Sixers games but I do hope Embiid doesn't evolve into an annoying rear end fuccboi like that piece of poo poo Dwight Howard.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Constellation I posted:

I don't watch Sixers games but I do hope Embiid doesn't evolve into an annoying rear end fuccboi like that piece of poo poo Dwight Howard.

Embiid is actually funny, as opposed to Dwight Howard, who desperately wants you to think he's funny.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Criminal Minded posted:

Embiid is actually funny, as opposed to Dwight Howard, who desperately wants you to think he's funny.

It's hard to hate on Embiid when he clearly worked his rear end off and turned into an actual good player.

I mean, it must be really loving hard to be unable to physically practice for like years and still look good as a rookie.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/anthonyvslater/status/819808218419335171

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Derrick Rose says funny things

https://streamable.com/qzdci

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

I love our 3-point shooting clone so much. You tell 'em, Klay. An evening with your dog and the video interns is time well spent!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

While driving around SD in the last 24 hours, I've seen three public burnings of apparel.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/NBAUK/status/819655847420817408

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

100% chance the video interns had weed.

Doltos posted:

Draft Pick in 2017, 2018 SEE OTHER NOTEBOOK

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jokic is basically the Nugget's point guard now and it usually works out OK.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Lockback posted:

Draft Pick in 2017, 2018 SEE OTHER NOTEBOOK
tbf they do have a pick this year, it's just lovely

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Wish I could do something about the quality, but this was an entertaining moment last night:

https://twitter.com/FearTheBrown/status/819738134841819144

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

straight up brolic posted:

tbf they do have a pick this year, it's just lovely

It's going to be like the 26th pick, notable for probably being less valuable than an early second round pick.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
From the latest Lowe thing:

quote:

In his last 20 games, McCollum is averaging almost 26 points on a 50.5/41/89.9 shooting line. He has hit 46 percent of his pull-up jumpers, best in the league among guys who have fired at least five of those suckers -- the toughest shots in the game -- per night. Since the league started tracking pull-ups in 2013, only three players have exceeded that mark on five-plus attempts per game: Paul and Durant in 2014-15 (at 47.7 and 48 percent, respectively) and Nowitzki (46.8 percent) the year before.

In the NBA, there are threats, and there are weapons. A threat keeps a defense on its toes. They worry about it, but they don't change their whole scheme to account for it. They warp everything for a weapon. Nikola Vucevic's midrange shot is a threat. Nowitzki's is a weapon.

McCollum has weaponized an allegedly inefficient shot. He needs almost no space to stop on a dime, snap into that straight up-and-down balance, and rain fire. Keeping up with McCollum around a pick -- being almost on his hip -- isn't good enough unless you can reach around him, Kawhi Leonard-style, and contest his shot from behind.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Constellation I posted:

Howard was always annoying. Embiid's actually cool and his only crime is making people think Sam Hinkie was good for some reason

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Jack's Flow posted:

From the latest Lowe thing:

CJ is a lot of fun to watch. Tho I do feel like he could be a lot better if he Morey-balled his game. He could take a lot more 3s and get to the rim more.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
I don't think CJ McCollum shooting 46% on pull-up 2pt jumpers is causing defenses to radically change their gameplan
if anything, over-committing to him would allow for layups or 3s. better that he shoot the 2pt jumper running off screens.

never forget (change post up to mid-range jumper and adjust the ppp up, same concept)
https://twitter.com/CraigMeyerPG/status/814343009244483585

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
God the last sentence makes it even more hilarious. I love that quote.

• Locked thread