Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rkajdi posted:

What's it like to be this wrong about everything? People hate on anyone with the taste to base their life around a lower-talent version of Eminem crossed with KISS, regardless of social class.

EDIT: And of course you also have a rap sheet a mile long for slurring minorities, so you're obviously the person to point out who the actually deserving people are.

Woop woop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

LongDarkNight posted:

Not sure if it's better or worse than the other Juggalo game.
I was sure you were going to link the d20 Insane Clown Posse game

http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=223

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

rkajdi posted:

What's it like to be this wrong about everything? People hate on anyone with the taste to base their life around a lower-talent version of Eminem crossed with KISS, regardless of social class.
My question is why you bother speaking up to defend "hating on" juggalos. Like, are you bombarded with ICP's crappy music on the radio when you go out? Are you constantly hearing news about them that you don't care about? Do you see tons of their merchandise clogging every shelf in every store? Do juggalos harass you on the street?

For a good while it was a fad for hip, liberal-leaning news sites to post "I Went to the Gathering" articles. If you were the sort of brain-damaged liberal who takes seriously articles titled "We Seriously Need to Talk About What a Celebrity Just Did and What It Means for Our Culture," these articles were a free pass to ogle boobs and mock poor people for being trashy. It's hypocritical and classist as gently caress.

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

My question is why you bother speaking up to defend "hating on" juggalos. Like, are you bombarded with ICP's crappy music on the radio when you go out? Are you constantly hearing news about them that you don't care about? Do you see tons of their merchandise clogging every shelf in every store? Do juggalos harass you on the street?

For a good while it was a fad for hip, liberal-leaning news sites to post "I Went to the Gathering" articles. If you were the sort of brain-damaged liberal who takes seriously articles titled "We Seriously Need to Talk About What a Celebrity Just Did and What It Means for Our Culture," these articles were a free pass to ogle boobs and mock poor people for being trashy. It's hypocritical and classist as gently caress.

I'll take this opportunity to plug Nathan Rabin's book [url="https:////https://www.amazon.com/You-Dont-Know-Like-Misadventures/dp/1451626886"]You Don't Know Me But You Don't Like Me[/url], his examination of juggalos and Phish phans, which strenuously avoids falling into the "Look at these idiots than I'm definitely smarter and cooler than" trap.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
All that is true however Anime was a Mistake

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it's a mistake that there isn't more anime

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Phi230 posted:

All that is true however Anime was a Mistake

Countblanc posted:

it's a mistake that there isn't more anime

Speaking of which, I'm almost done preparing for the February TradGames Design Contest. The sign-ups will begin the week before February actually starts, since everyone will be randomly assigned a genre of Anime, with those being announced on the first of the month. I even have a contest modifier that I'll draw for everyone: one aspect that, regardless of genre you draw you'll have to design for.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
make a rule that they have to be mechanically dense games for the ultimate rug pull

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Countblanc posted:

make a rule that they have to be mechanically dense games for the ultimate rug pull

Adding "grognard.txt" to the genre list.

EDIT:

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Already drafting multiple blood type charts, brb

That actually could work if the right thing is drawn...

TheSoundNinja fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 13, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Already drafting multiple blood type charts, brb

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I am down with the clown.

Seriously though my only exposure to juggalos is through System Mastery and they don't sound so bad.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Gobbeldygook posted:

is there a single pure thing in this world that someone hasn't tried to poorly convert to d20 rules???

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nuns with Guns posted:

is there a single pure thing in this world that someone hasn't tried to poorly convert to d20 rules???

Of course not.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Kazekami Kyoko Kills Kublai Khan d20

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

Law and Order: Criminal Intent D20

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yawgmoth posted:

Okay someone link this pic because that sounds amazing.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nuns with Guns posted:

Well technically Ponyfinder is Pathfinder rather than d20

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Those aren't jorts at all! Now I'm disappointed.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Kazekami Kyoko Kills Kublai Khan d20

don't you even

TheSoundNinja posted:

Law and Order: Criminal Intent D20

I...

gradenko_2000 posted:

Well technically Ponyfinder is Pathfinder rather than d20

you monster

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

TheSoundNinja posted:

Speaking of which, I'm almost done preparing for the February TradGames Design Contest. The sign-ups will begin the week before February actually starts, since everyone will be randomly assigned a genre of Anime, with those being announced on the first of the month. I even have a contest modifier that I'll draw for everyone: one aspect that, regardless of genre you draw you'll have to design for.

I hope you have included popular new genres like "stuck in a vr mmo"

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

Elfgames posted:

Arguably that's just dot hack and therefore not "new"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Oh man now I just remembered Munchkin d20. Two great tastes that taste great together

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Elfgames posted:

P.d0t posted:

Arguably that's just dot hack and therefore not "new"

Are we talking "interesting drama built on character relationships and dealing with how people could act in a situation like that" anime, "I WON THESE SKINS IN A PROMOTIONAL CONTEST" two volume manga, or "incest"?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Nuns with Guns posted:

Well, there was an Afghanistan d20, Columbia d20, and a Somalia d20...

... but no Ukraine d20 or Sudan d20, so there's a start. :v:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

TheSoundNinja posted:

Are we talking "interesting drama built on character relationships and dealing with how people could act in a situation like that" anime, "I WON THESE SKINS IN A PROMOTIONAL CONTEST" two volume manga, or "incest"?

all three, not necessarily in that order.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
"Whoops I got stuck in this fantasy world!" became such a prolific and garbage idea across light novels that it was literally banned from writing competitions in Japan

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I opened a Dreamforge Stormtrooper Accessory Set and it's tiny microscopic bit nightmare made fleshplastic.

I do love the wide variety of hand gestures and hatted heads though.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

LongDarkNight posted:

Not sure if it's better or worse than the other Juggalo game.
this sounds kind of fun actually

If a little like the first rule of it would be not to ask questions.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TheSoundNinja posted:

Oh, was there an interesting .hack anime? I'd love to see it. :v:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ProfessorCirno posted:

"Whoops I got stuck in this fantasy world!" became such a prolific and garbage idea across light novels that it was literally banned from writing competitions in Japan

I'll make the Isekai Genre TRPG for the february contest and its gimmick is that the PCs are openly aware of the game mechanics and have carte blanche to massively cheese it. There will be also a randomized race for chargen that goes from Big Spider to Goblin and nonhuman Races will evolve with their levels.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

ProfessorCirno posted:

There's hope for the world yet.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://twitter.com/icp/status/819296817401778176

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I'll say it again :siren: Dark Carnival Games Con :siren:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I like that the Dark Carnival Games Con logo is the Dungeon Crawl Classic logo, slightly edited.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, was there an interesting .hack anime? I'd love to see it. :v:

Pretty sure they're referring to Log Horizon.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Gobbeldygook posted:

...Why?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Pretty sure they're referring to Log Horizon.

:lol:

The first .hack anime at least was atmospheric, even if the story was a bit... light.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
From what I know of their work, ICP's early albums are power fantasy narratives about fixing society with violent vigilantism, complete with masks and codenames. It's a pretty basic violent superhero fantasy; no surprise they have fans who would want to make a game out of it.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

The first .hack anime at least was atmospheric, even if the story was a bit... light.

You got me: the only one of those series that even remotely interested me was the first .hack

On a different note, I'm reaching out to DriveThruRPG and some local businesses to secure some prizes to give away. One of the local businesses may or may not be anime related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

I mean, that's questionable. Outside like the occasional menu and digital graphics effect, it looked like a fantasy show.

Halloween Jack posted:

From what I know of their work, ICP's early albums are power fantasy narratives about fixing society with violent vigilantism, complete with masks and codenames. It's a pretty basic violent superhero fantasy; no surprise they have fans who would want to make a game out of it.

Huh, fair point, really. God, now I want to read an actual play of this game from hardcore ICP guys. Holy poo poo, I need that in my life now. Do they fight the concept of magnetism at some?

• Locked thread