Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Evil Eagle posted:

I do wonder what happened to that Link after Koholint Island disappeared.

I think it's implied LttP Link is the old man who handles Streetpass battles in ALBW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I think it's implied LttP Link is the old man who handles Streetpass battles in ALBW.

I don't think so, I read a bit more on the Zelda wiki and ALBW is apparently "centuries" after LTTP, so unless Link became Yoda...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Remember, Triforce Heroes Link (but only your Link, not those other fakes!) is the same Link from ALBW.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I don't think so, I read a bit more on the Zelda wiki and ALBW is apparently "centuries" after LTTP, so unless Link became Yoda...

I thought it explicitly said 100 years?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

I thought it explicitly said 100 years?

It says 6 generations, so 90-120 years or so.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is the defeated timeline just nothing but Ganon coming back and being sealed over and over again?

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Is anyone just unable to pre-order the Wii U version? Gamestop in-store doesn't have a release date other than "2017". A few other sites has it listed either as 2017 or March 2017 with no exact date. The only solid info was from Nintendo's twitter. No issues ordering the Switch copy but I have not much interest in launch consoles.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Lord Ephraim posted:

Is anyone just unable to pre-order the Wii U version? Gamestop in-store doesn't have a release date other than "2017". A few other sites has it listed either as 2017 or March 2017 with no exact date. The only solid info was from Nintendo's twitter. No issues ordering the Switch copy but I have not much interest in launch consoles.

You can get it on Amazon. Edit, but it still has the funky box art which I find Annoying. They need to update that poo poo.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

LionArcher posted:

You can get it on Amazon. Edit, but it still has the funky box art which I find Annoying. They need to update that poo poo.

Prime Members also save $12 for pre-ordering it.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
How many Zelda games have you 100% beaten ("New Game Pluses" do not count: you can say 200% if you've beaten a game and its New Game Plus and collected everything each time)?

I've 100% beaten A Link Between Worlds. That's it.

I just beat Snowpeak Ruin (Twilight Princess - Wii) and realized I'll never 100% most Zelda games. I'm not collecting all these drat Poes or bugs.

As for every other Zelda I've played and beaten, I never, ever get all the heart pieces or upgrades. Except ALBW.

Alec Eiffel fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 18, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alec Eiffel posted:

How many Zelda games have you 100% beaten ("New Game Pluses" do not count: you can say 200% if you've beaten a game and its New Game Plus and collected everything each time)?

I just beat Snowpeak Ruin (Wii) and realized I'll never 100% most Zelda games. I'm not collecting all these drat Poes or bugs.

As for every other Zelda I've played and beaten, I never, ever get all the heart pieces or upgrades. Except ALBW.

All of them, OP

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If 100% means all the hearts then I don't know.

But I have finished all of them including seeing the majority of content. Most of them I got all hearts, too. There are probably 5 hearts I skipped due to not wanting to do the stupid mini game. Reward/Time wasn't worth it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Alec Eiffel posted:

I just beat Snowpeak Ruin (Twilight Princess - Wii) and realized I'll never 100% most Zelda games. I'm not collecting all these drat Poes or bugs.

I've only gotten 100% in OoT (my first Zelda game).

I've collected all the masks in Majora's Mask, but not all the Heart Pieces. I found all but one lousy Maiamai in LBW. LttP I managed to find all but 4 Heart Pieces when I played it for the first time right before LBW came out.

I've beaten Skyward Sword, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess, but didn't bother collecting everything.

All other Zelda games I've played but not beaten. :(

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I've only ever hundred-percented the original, Link to the Past, and Majora's Mask. Majora's Mask I forced my way through because I adore it, and the other two are fairly lean experiences. All the others just have a huge amount of poo poo to solve, including at least one minigame that I stop caring about.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Zelda, Zelda II, OoT, and Majoras Mask. Maybe Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword? I don't remember.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What is there to collect in Skyward Sword? You're probably going to end up with all the bugs add materials just by playing the game.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I finished all of Twilight Princess.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

What is there to collect in Skyward Sword?

Shame. The more you play, the more shameful you become.

Bugs and hearts. I believe you need to get a certain number of bugs at one point in order to get a heart. And I did it, too. I am a shameful goon.

Also, poo poo to upgrade your poo poo.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

100% completed Zelda 1, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and Link Between Worlds. Didn't 100% complete the Oracle games, Wind Waker, or Minish Cap.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Shame. The more you play, the more shameful you become.

Bugs and hearts. I believe you need to get a certain number of bugs at one point in order to get a heart. And I did it, too. I am a shameful goon.

Also, poo poo to upgrade your poo poo.

Because the only thing missing from Zelda games was grinding to make your gear better. It'd have worked in a open world roamer like TP but Skyward Sword was a big empty expanse of nothing so collecting bug parts and poo poo wasn't a good idea. Skyward Sword was 1/3 great game, 1/3 acceptable for Zelda fanboys, and 1/3 loving trash design choices and features.

I played and beat Skyward Sword when it came out and I literally forgot 1/2 of the content because nothing had stand out character. The grind/upgrade was annoying, fighting Demise I remember only because Groose was there backing me up. I can't remember most of the dungeons, plot, or features at all. I saw a clip of a boss fight that I have literally no memory of nor could I even recall doing it because it was so bland.

Meanwhile I could recall almost all of LttP, Ocarina, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker years on if pressed because so many things about them were so engaging or creative.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Regy Rusty posted:

All of them, OP

Hell, same.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've 100% every game except Minish Cap's kinstone fusions.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Alec Eiffel posted:

LBW, LttP GBA (other than palace of the four sword), PH, LA... not minish cap because loving kinstone fusions. I'm just a few stamps away in TPHD, I already got all the bugs, poes, and hearts. I THINK I 100%ed OoT but I'm not certain.

I swear one of these days I'll beat every game in the series. Except Zelda 2, I just can't get the hang of its combat so I die constantly.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is it just me or does the draw distance on grass not look to be as far anymore as it is in this picture:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Mr E posted:

I've 100% every game except Minish Cap's kinstone fusions.

that's easy, the figurines, on the other hand...

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I've never bothered to get all of the Gold spiders in OoT, but I've gotten everything else at least twice. The problem with that game is that there is no Incredible, Unique Reward (tm) to tempt you to do all of that folderol.

When the SNES was new along with the Genesis, I got to the end of LttP and had everything (apart from the Good Bee, if that counts) but two 1/4 hearts. I spent a week looking and found one, but never the other despite two more weeks of trying. I didn't have the Nintendo Power guide for the game then (I do now) and this was before the proliferation of the Internet. I don't remember now which of the 24 quarter-hearts I never found, but I've fully 100%ed that game as well at least twice in my adult years.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
The only Zelda games I've played were the original for NES, A Link to the Past for SNES, and Windwaker. I never owned an N64 or either iteration of the Wii. I'll be excited to get back into Zelda, as I have pretty fond memories of Windwaker.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Getting all hundred golden skulltulas is poo poo. 50 gets you a heart piece. 100 gets you 200 rupees. by the time you get all 100, rupees are worthless and you'll constantly have a full wallet.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Cojawfee posted:

Getting all hundred golden skulltulas is poo poo. 50 gets you a heart piece. 100 gets you 200 rupees. by the time you get all 100, rupees are worthless and you'll constantly have a full wallet.

Exactly my point. If they had, say, made the 999 wallet the reward for all 100 skull tokens, perhaps. Or bomb arrows... anything for bomb arrows.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Alec Eiffel posted:

Just LttP and LBW. I guess I have better affinity for its tightly packed 2d world

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Cojawfee posted:

You can get the 100 Rupees every time you go visit him. Which... doesn't change the fact that Rupees are pretty worthless, but at least the prize is "infinite Rupees" and not "100 Rupees"?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Cojawfee posted:

Is the defeated timeline just nothing but Ganon coming back and being sealed over and over again?

Yeah, or keep him from being resurrected in the first place! Apparently defeating the Hero of Time let him run amok and ate away most of his humanity/hyrulity/gerudolity? I don't think he appears anything other than a pig demon in the Defeated timeline.

I'm hoping it will be either a retelling of the first Zelda/AoL, or set after it. AoL ends with the Hero awakening a sleeping princess, and BotW begins with a princess awakening a sleeping hero, which is neat.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've 100% most everything. Zelda, Zelda II, awakening, LttP, ocarina, Majora, WW and WWHD not including statuette photo stuff, TP, SS, Minish but Didn't get all fusions, Oracle of seasons, LBW, Spirit Tracks and Phantom hourglass.

Never played Oracle of Ages. Beat OoT master quest disc but never bothered getting all the stuff again because gently caress ever doing that again.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is it just me or does the draw distance on grass not look to be as far anymore as it is in this picture:

:monocle: by jove, youre right! What kind of circus is Nintendo running here?!

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013
so for some hosed up reason I was allowed to preorder every single copy of breath of the wild at my local ebgames.

I think I'm going to scalp them. I mean, why the hell did they let me do that? How much should I ask? It's 200 dollars in canadabucks. I'm thinking 300. Not too lovely of a markup, not like the 80$ shulks and rosalinas I offloaded years ago. I'm also thinking of just selling them at normal market value to my friends. But I like money. What do?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Minish Cap's God awful statue collecting mechanic is way worse than the Kinstone fusion sidequest. But both suck.

The Oracle games have that insane ring collection spanning four (?) complete playthroughs.

You people... did these things???

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

so for some hosed up reason I was allowed to preorder every single copy of breath of the wild at my local ebgames.

I think I'm going to scalp them. I mean, why the hell did they let me do that? How much should I ask? It's 200 dollars in canadabucks. I'm thinking 300. Not too lovely of a markup, not like the 80$ shulks and rosalinas I offloaded years ago. I'm also thinking of just selling them at normal market value to my friends. But I like money. What do?

You will not sell a single copy, friend

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

Cancel your preorders and let normal people buy them instead of being some kind of deplorable cockroach-man that probably won't even make anything off of it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I did both of the Minish Cap things, but Oracles ring stuff surpassed my limits for tedious crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i 100% twilight princess for the wii and i am saying 100% despite me not knowing where the last poe is. it's finished imo.