Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Beat Purdue, get smoked by Northwestern, sure, makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
God drat. That freshman Howard from Marquette is shooting lights out.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Good lord. Butler is playing like absolute rear end and then on top of that, Marquette is nailing all their 3s. Marquette is a nice surprise in the Big East this year.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Thoguh posted:

gently caress a Kansas Jayhawk, god bless.

http://giphy.com/gifs/self-10XSZfKar10HBK

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I would like the Cyclones to beat the Jayhawks. Thank you.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

I would like the Cyclones to beat the Jayhawks. Thank you.

Same.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

MourningView posted:

Beat Purdue, get smoked by Northwestern, sure, makes sense

How about beating Purdue, beating Northwestern, then blowing a double digit lead to Penn State? (The entire Big Ten is mediocre and will be lucky to have more than one team in the Sweet 16)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The reffing for the KU/Iowa game is beyond bad. Like. Really...really bad.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Look at these ISU fans acting like their dog got shot during most of the game and then leaving with two minutes left and only down 9.

Case in point.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 17, 2017

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Probably Magic posted:

Look at these ISU fans acting like their dog got shot during most of the game and then leaving with two minutes left and only down 9.

Case in point.

Getting out rebounded by 18 will do that to you.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

Getting out rebounded by 18 will do that to you.

Monte Morris still good though.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Probably Magic posted:

Case in point.

Iowa is encased in ice and frozen rain right now. Just getting to the game was a fair bit of commitment.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

That makes a bit more sense.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They camped out for three days in 5 degree temps and then started leaving the arena early and then all stopped when that three went down and watched from the doorway.

Pathetic.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I care very deeply about how strangers watch sports

Chinatown posted:

The reffing for the KU/Iowa game is beyond bad. Like. Really...really bad.

Iowa State, not Iowa. Iowa is much better and based on the ISU games against Kansas and Baylor would definitely win the Big 12

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue is 5/7 from 3, 0/3 from 2. This is sustainable.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

Iowa State, not Iowa. Iowa is much better and based on the ISU games against Kansas and Baylor would definitely win the Big 12

I'm sure the team that couldn't beat Northwestern could definitely beat Kansas.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
I'm mad that Spike Albrecht is getting Basil Smotherman's minutes.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

I'm sure the team that couldn't beat Northwestern could definitely beat Kansas.

I can only go off available evidence. We beat ISU by way more. They haven't played Northwestern but I assume the wild cat would crush them

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

I can only go off available evidence. We beat ISU by way more. They haven't played Northwestern but I assume the wild cat would crush them

I'm just glad you're coming to grips with the fact that the Northwestern Wildcats Are Good And Not To Be Ignored.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Rut rho Miss St. getting snippy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern is a top 40 kenpom team right now, don't gently caress with the cat especially in the Dilapidated Basketball Barn

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Michigan played their first good defensive game of the season, but unfortunately it was at the Kohl Center so Wisconsin went into the double bonus with 14 minutes left in the 2nd half and a steal that never went out of bounds was called out of bounds because Bo Ryan's dead gay ghost is still there casting evil wizard spells of lovely boring basketball over everyone, cool

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV won't be able to beat SDSU until Steve Fisher retires

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

I'm just glad you're coming to grips with the fact that the Northwestern Wildcats Are Good And Not To Be Ignored.

Mostly I think the Big 12 is butt as evidenced by the Hawkeyes destruction of Iowa State and Kansas losing to Indiana

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MourningView posted:

Mostly I think the Big 12 is butt as evidenced by the Hawkeyes destruction of Iowa State and Kansas losing to Indiana

to be fair kansas lost to indiana early, long before tom crean had the chance to embarrassingly gently caress up all the talent his roster has with his hot "coaching"

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

I realize this is all trolling, but the Indiana thing proves more that this Kansas's team's Achilles heel (as are many a Self team) is at the perimeter, even with Azubuike gone. I'm not sure what's happened to Indiana since but they were red-hot that night, which is why this Kansas team won't make the Sweet Sixteen even though it has the talent to - too many midmajors get in through the power of perimeter shooting. But I'd put Kansas up against a lot of the major conference team any day of the week, even with the shallow big rotation.

Kentucky gonna slaughter them, though.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Michigan played their first good defensive game of the season, but unfortunately it was at the Kohl Center so Wisconsin went into the double bonus with 14 minutes left in the 2nd half and a steal that never went out of bounds was called out of bounds because Bo Ryan's dead gay ghost is still there casting evil wizard spells of lovely boring basketball over everyone, cool
I had a drat stress headache from the under 8 timeout till I walked about 4 blocks away from the Kohl Center. Refs were awful during the entire 2nd half.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

New Mexico is 3-1 in conference on the road.

At home they blow historic leads and meticulously fall apart.

Seems about right.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Obvious trolling from our own moderator but I'll play along, you're going to judge KU's only loss being in overtime to their first opponent starting freshmen when Indiana shot 48% from 3?

Also Iowa is 11-8 on the nation's #67 strength of schedule vs. Kansas 17-1 vs. the #19 strength of schedule. At least wait until we get blown out by West Virginia boasting the #93 SoS and losses to #65 ranked Temple and #72 ranked Texas Tech before you trigger us.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lol that ku fans are such babies that a really obvious joke sparked multiple serious replies

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Obvious troll but let me tell you why you're wrong

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
my dude literally typed kenpom dot com into his browser and pulled actual numbers because he was worried I might seriously think a team that lost to the second best team in the university of Nebraska system was better that the team currently ranked number 1

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

jesus this thread is annoying sometimes. We barely have any actual discussion about college basketball in these threads it's mostly gently caress duke and my team did this and that with no responses. Any discussion is met with eye rolling and putdowns. That post took about a minute of my life.

Also Villanova is #1.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
KU was 1 like two days ago, whatever.

I am happy to have a serious conversation about basketball if you want to. I don't think a post that was presenting an intentionally absurd argument and clearly made in jest is a particularly great building block for that. There was no way to have a serious conversation off of it because I was not being serious, which even you recognized before treating it seriously and accusing me of judging KU too harshly for some reason.

I am very sorry that this attempt to make a joke offended you so. It wasn't even that great a joke! It only became a thing because two of you somehow thought to necessary to offer genuine rebuttals, and that was funny to me.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 18, 2017

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Yes, I truly do think Northwestern is a worldbeater, AMA.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
KU is trash and will end up behind both WVU and Baylor in the big12 anyway.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Zerilan posted:

KU is trash and will end up behind both WVU and Baylor in the big12 anyway.

Oh you sweet summer child. That requires them losing in the Phog.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Florida and South Carolina still scoreless at the first TV timeout 4+ minutes into the game. Combined 0-10 shooting and 6 TOs so far.

#SecBasketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

RIP OG's ACL. :smith:

• Locked thread