Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mux
Aug 4, 2010

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

maybe if you're bad at video games...

Ok so then it costs $2000 if you have no gear, and $0 if you have no life. Got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mux posted:

Ok so then it costs $2000 if you have no gear, and $0 if you have no life. Got it.

It also depends on what you want to do. If you want to be competitive in PVP it is expensive. But if you just want to play Stardew Valley Online for some reason, you can probably get by with just one or two payments of $15 and then pay your sub with farming/foraging/mining profits.

I was terrible at PVP and really not very good in dungeons either, but I had fun just farting around. When I got bored of the game I cashed out for a few hundred dollars.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Mux posted:

i have a life, it's called archeage :)

futile
May 18, 2009
Regrade charms in the cash shop, "no P2W cash shop". Nice one Trion you got 'em good

Bearspeed
Nov 11, 2011

Accelerating to bear speed since 1988.
I'm running a semi-casual (most people play 6pm est - 11 est) Western PVP guild if anyone ended up on Vengeance. <Tempus> is a tight-knit group of, purple friendly, do whatever you want, type players. Reach out if interested.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

futile posted:

Regrade charms in the cash shop, "no P2W cash shop". Nice one Trion you got 'em good

lol

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Bearspeed posted:

I'm running a semi-casual (most people play 6pm est - 11 est) Western PVP guild if anyone ended up on Vengeance. <Tempus> is a tight-knit group of, purple friendly, do whatever you want, type players. Reach out if interested.

got it.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 29, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
23k gold down the drain and i finally got my epic mistsong weapon thx trion

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

23k gold down the drain and i finally got my epic mistsong weapon thx trion

same here

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
This game is so much better as a pirate. Pissing off nerds trying to fish is as fun as ever

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

pay the baka tax

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That's an ok video of boats but they're not spinning around or launching into the sky. 4/10

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Are you in Baka?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

CompeAnansi posted:

Are you in Baka?

I am an officer of the renowned anime griefing guild baka.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I am an officer of the renowned anime griefing guild baka.

Are they fun? I was talking to a goon who is in Baka today (CompeAnansi above now that I look). I'm in Legion atm. They are alright but I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time lol. I just built an armory house and am setting it to guild, whether I stay with them or switch.

e: if scamming is a requirement I am absolutely too nice to do that and would feel terrible about it, but stealing packs and PKing is cool with me

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 1, 2017

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
All I like is growing stuff, and making cute houses while interacting with a world of adventurers. Its pretty dang fun, both this and last fresh start I've been able to pay the monthly fee once, and I always make enough gold in 2-3 days to buy and 2nd month "free." Slowly I've been buying more and bigger plots all while only spending my time laboring and doing deliveries on my cart :) (I don't even multi-box, I just do my favorite route whenever the zones are at peace).

To give people an idea, to buy a month is $15.00 or two APEX (in game item that you can buy right now for about $100 gold.) I make around 150-250 gold a day just planting on my small and (new) medium farm, and doing all my public herb/tree routes and one or two (safe and easy) trade back runs. This game is really unique in being able to play in this way, and reminds me a lot of when I played Ultima Online, but with even less combat if you want to be a trader/farmer/whatever.

But for all I loving know pvp is a p2w shitfest but MMORPG 1v1 doesn't really do it for me anyways.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Apparently event he NPC's said gently caress it and left. Fromt he (almost non) reading of the forums they are waiting on XL to rewrite the game or something before any servers even come back up (from a 1 hour maintance) (over 15 hours ago)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

A Spider Covets posted:

if scamming is a requirement I am absolutely too nice to do that and would feel terrible about it, but stealing packs and PKing is cool with me

scamming isn't required, but we did oust our old guild leader for being a scamless virgin.

baka is fun but i think we're all going to quit because of a lot of reasons:
1) there has been a dupe bug in the game since fresh start launched, and it only got patched today
2) the APEX dupe was available for two weeks before getting fixed
3) Trade pack infinite-turning in caused a massive inflation of gold in the hundreds of thousands (probably)
4) Trion said they banned people doing these things, but none of the people I know who did it (to excess) including myself got banned
5) Server has a 50% uptime even a month after release
6) Infinite gilda spawning exploit
7) 75% of the people we funnel gilda toward get too big for their pants and either get thrown out of the guild, create drama and quit, or afk indefinitely.
8) vanilla wow actually works

baka is rough around the edges and there are a couple of edgelords that think calling warborn "friend of the family"born is hilarious, but 99% of the time people are chill.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Man, I've been looking into this game to scratch that sandbox itch, but as luck would have it I guess the servers are crashing and burning. :psyduck: I thought the rage against the stupid, evil publishers was typical nerd hyperbole, but drat.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Anybody playing this game gets exactly what they deserve, playing this game.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

bird food bathtub posted:

Anybody playing this game gets exactly what they deserve, playing this game.

i didn't understand this a month ago, now i fully understand.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

scamming isn't required, but we did oust our old guild leader for being a scamless virgin.

baka is fun but i think we're all going to quit because of a lot of reasons:
1) there has been a dupe bug in the game since fresh start launched, and it only got patched today
2) the APEX dupe was available for two weeks before getting fixed
3) Trade pack infinite-turning in caused a massive inflation of gold in the hundreds of thousands (probably)
4) Trion said they banned people doing these things, but none of the people I know who did it (to excess) including myself got banned
5) Server has a 50% uptime even a month after release
6) Infinite gilda spawning exploit
7) 75% of the people we funnel gilda toward get too big for their pants and either get thrown out of the guild, create drama and quit, or afk indefinitely.
8) vanilla wow actually works

baka is rough around the edges and there are a couple of edgelords that think calling warborn "friend of the family"born is hilarious, but 99% of the time people are chill.

I wish I could figure out how to do these before Trion patches them out, I am poor as poo poo atm in game

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

A Spider Covets posted:

I wish I could figure out how to do these before Trion patches them out, I am poor as poo poo atm in game

Ditto. I only find out about things like this after they are patched. I need better sources.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i'm making about 140 packs a day making about 2.5g per pack casually

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

i'm making about 140 packs a day making about 2.5g per pack casually

That's not casual.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

PCOS Bill posted:

That's not casual.

maybe for you

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I'm gonna go pirate with some folks. Got some property in the Straits and a fishing boat. Yarr!

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

A Spider Covets posted:

I'm gonna go pirate with some folks. Got some property in the Straits and a fishing boat. Yarr!

Have fun. I'm still holding out hope that at some point I'll get a merchant ship. Got a ways to go though.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CompeAnansi posted:

Have fun. I'm still holding out hope that at some point I'll get a merchant ship. Got a ways to go though.

Ask Stormgale for his account if he doesn't play anymore. He has one of the guild trade ships iirc

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Kimsemus posted:

Ask Stormgale for his account if he doesn't play anymore. He has one of the guild trade ships iirc

I'm playing on fresh start. Thanks for the tip, though.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

After one day of playing pirate I have discovered I've been playing this game wrong the whole time oops

Messing with everyone and looking for treasure owns.

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
Playing with some folks on Vengeance (Fresh Start) on East side if anyone else is over there. If you're looking for more to play with just PM me here or message Jerk in game

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

A Spider Covets posted:

After one day of playing pirate I have discovered I've been playing this game wrong the whole time oops

Messing with everyone and looking for treasure owns.

Pirate is the best, are you on Aranzeb?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Bait and Swatch posted:

Pirate is the best, are you on Aranzeb?

Nah sorry I'm on Reckoning.

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016

CompeAnansi posted:

I'm playing on fresh start. Thanks for the tip, though.

How is the fresh start server? Worth coming back to?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

9foxtails posted:

Well the land is full now, so there's that. But it's great. I'm having as much fun as I had at launch, maybe more. It's even better now that fishing isn't as great an income source, so you don't have to do that poo poo anymore and no fishing pacts.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

CompeAnansi posted:

Well the land is full now, so there's that. But it's great. I'm having as much fun as I had at launch, maybe more. It's even better now that fishing isn't as great an income source, so you don't have to do that poo poo anymore and no fishing pacts.

CAN'T WAIT FOR FISHING BUFFS IN FEBRUARY.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

CAN'T WAIT FOR FISHING BUFFS IN FEBRUARY.

:psyboom:

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

9foxtails posted:

Unscheduled maintenance every day (that lasts 1-15 hours or there abouts)

Im back in for a bit.

Difference between launch and 2nd launch-

labour is actually meaningless. (where as it was the one resource at first launch). You have the euro's trying to sell 5k labour at 10g for 1k. (and this is with out being able to buy lp pots in the store ---- well you can pay for a package that gives you 1 a day)

Trade runs are ..... im going to say a waste of time.

Fishing can still be op, there is family fishing where 1 person fishes (others join in) and every family member gets a fish when one is caught. (also means you can catch fish way out of your level as 4 or 5 people helping makes it easier)

There are already pavillions up, people with cars and people with 230k lp in proficiencies. So its endgame less than a month after start.

Unless you like the farming or the game play there is nothing you are missing out on. If you had stuff on another server, you'd probably be better off going back there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
As a contrasting opinion...

The servers were the worst. But they're much better now. The game is playable.

I think labor still has value as long as you're willing to do tedious tasks.

Trade runs are worth it with guild merch ships. You can do speed runs with clippers that are worth your time. But carts/wagons are likely not worth running too much.

Fishing is still boring and I won't do it unless it becomes the best game in town.

Farming is fun, especially in calmlands/marcala where there are hourly pvp fights over logs. There is also a clear non-p2w progression for gear now that makes you relevant for for the time being (note: rng does still matter here).

• Locked thread