Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Mirthless posted:

vvv

How about she sleeps outside the shut bedroom door?

People are more important than pets.

Pick posted:

counterpoint screw you

You seem like the kind of person who calls their cats furbabies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Patrick Spens posted:

some people are more important than some pets

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

subhuman filth posted:

Uhhhh actually pretty sure acting on it makes you the piece of poo poo and desires just make you a normal human being with a normal sex drive

The words you used were, and I quote: "Literally everyone wants desperately to gently caress around outside their relationships."

This does not describe most people, sorry. If you are desperate to gently caress other people, why are you in a monogamous relationship in the first place?

Patrick Spens posted:

You seem like the kind of person who calls their cats furbabies.

If a person relatively new to your life comes into it and tells you to make changes - including getting rid of pets that were there before your relationship started - it is a huge :redflag: and a sign that your relationship with that person is going to have control issues.

They haven't been together long enough for him to make a sacrifice like this. If she really can't sleep because of a purring sound (bullshit) she should go get a prescription for some ambien or lunesta and get over it.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 19, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

we the court find you, goon, guilty, of wanting to gently caress

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Mirthless posted:

The words you used were, and I quote: "Literally everyone wants desperately to gently caress around outside their relationships."

This does not describe most people, sorry. If you are desperate to gently caress other people, why are you in a monogamous relationship in the first place?

Because I love my girlfriend and her feelings and emotional security are more important than indulging my animal impulses

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Another insane thing I can do sometimes, is not eat even when my body hurts because it wants food

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

subhuman filth posted:

Because I love my girlfriend and her feelings and emotional security are more important than indulging my animal impulses

Yeah, well, your animal impulses are a bit more intense than other people's and many of us would appreciate you not lumping us in with your overactive dick.

I respect my wife enough to not resent her so much that my desire to gently caress other people reaches the point of desperation

"I'm so thirsty! I'M SO THIRSTY! But I'm keeping it in my pants for you baby!"

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

fruit on the bottom posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't say there's anything inherently wrong with poly-relationships. It's just that every person you add to the equation increases the complexity exponentially, particularly where communication is concerned. So every potential relationship issue is magnified.

Hell, if this thread teaches us anything it's that a good portion of people can't even communicate and have a healthy relationship with one other person, let alone multiple. And when things go boom, the explosion is a much bigger one.

I'd also be willing to bet that most people who are emotionally mature enough to be able to pull off a poly relationship are also deciding not to kick up that particular hornet's nest and so you have a largely self-selecting group of idiots.

The fundamental issue is that relationships are more than who you are loving and hanging out with. Inevitably, given enough time, there will come a time where one partner is left high and dry due to some circumstance.

For example, one partner is hospitalized due to say, appendicitis. The other partners are there and supportive, but go home together at night, leaving the other alone in a hospital bed feeling miserable while the others are at home, presumably engaging in normal relationship activities. Good luck not having some resentment develop there. What happens if 2 tragedies happen close by, who takes priority? Or 2 happy things? Eventually something like that happens, and someone gets burned, and poo poo unravels.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i would never gently caress

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Nazzadan posted:

I almost don't want to post this, but I know some people including me get a kick out of the sad ones. This is a rollercoaster of being on the girls side, hating her guts, being on her side, then hating her again.
Me [17F] with my Ex Steve [18M] 7 months, his father yelled obscene things at me, I ended things, and now I regret it.

:yikes:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Me [36 M] with my girlfriend [36 F] one year relationship, huge fights over my cat sleeping in the bed with us..

She needs to either get over it, communicate better, or resign herself as the new cat (pussy :xd:) and sleep on the floor. When I was with my ex, I was on the floor while her and her (new) Maltese got the bed. Sucked to get woken up by it whining at me cause it was up early and too scared to jump off the bed, but then she'd come lay down by me or come try to lick me if she saw me looking at her. :3: We also spent a lot of time chilling together while the ex ignored us both, so I'd like to think we bonded.

Mirthless posted:

She's probably one of those people who thinks all animals are inherently filthy or something, and her jealousy over the affection is laughably absurd. :sever: with this narcissistic control freak immediately

Cats and dogs poop with their butts, and then sit their exposed butts on surfaces, getting poop germs everywhere. Makes you think.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Mirthless posted:

Yeah, well, your animal impulses are a bit more intense than other people's and many of us would appreciate you not lumping us in with your overactive dick.

I respect my wife enough to not resent her so much that my desire to gently caress other people reaches the point of desperation

I would love to lump you onto my overactive dick but I made a promise to another.

Oh I see you have edited your post to try to burn me harder.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Mirthless posted:

you look like a roadie for system of a down and you have the personality of an intel 486 so pardon me if I don't think your self control is the main reason you're not swimming in strange

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Mirthless posted:

If a person relatively new to your life comes into it and tells you to make changes - including getting rid of pets that were there before your relationship started - it is a huge :redflag: and a sign that your relationship with that person is going to have control issues.

They haven't been together long enough for him to make a sacrifice like this. If she really can't sleep because of a purring sound (bullshit) she should go get a prescription for some ambien or lunesta and get over it.

I like cats but "I don't want a cat around my face when I sleep" is a perfectly reasonable thing to want, and not a red flag at all.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Patrick Spens posted:

I like cats but "I don't want a cat around my face when I sleep" is a perfectly reasonable thing to want, and not a red flag at all.

She didn't want it at her feet, either. She didn't want it anywhere on the bed.

She also got jealous over him cuddling the cat.

:redflag:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Our catte used to jump onto the bed in the morning and nuzzle me in the face to get up and feed her but for some reason she stopped and now I am sad :(

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Patrick Spens posted:

"The bed is my territory" and being so obviously threatened by a cat, however, is.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

No need to eat our own when there are plenty of redditors owning themselves friends.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

"The bed is my territory" and being so obviously threatened by a cat, however, is.

Yeah, I kinda skimmed the actual post, getting jealous of a cat is dumb and weird, y'all were right.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I only like my cat on days when he sleeps somewhere other than right by my drat head between me and my fiancee.
He doesn't even have the decency to sleep with his face between us. No. She gets his cute head, I get his ugly butt.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

food court bailiff posted:

you look like a roadie for system of a down and you have the personality of an intel 486 so pardon me if I don't think your self control is the main reason you're not swimming in strange

Don't be mean

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Also cat purring is the best white noise ever

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

He just needs to have her clean the litter box until she acquires the necessary brain parasites to learn to love kitties.

Seriously though, being jealous of your SO cuddling a pet is pretty goddamn pathetic.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

It's "I'm happy and I love you" on repeat, try getting that from anywhere else

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

haljordan posted:

seriously, quiet, deep, rhythmic sound is the kind of thing that gently coaxes most normal people to sleep, this lady has to be seething with resentment for this cat to actually be bothered by it

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

food court bailiff posted:

Bit harsh.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm just saying, cats are better than people and should be treated that way

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Pick posted:

I'm just saying, cats are better than people and should be treated that way

Actually they are bad

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Leon Einstein posted:

I think you got that backwards. Poly isn't the next step in emotional maturity.

No, I think that's what I'm getting at. It takes more emotional maturity to make it work, but also I think the more mature you are, the less interested you'd be.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
fwiw I bet you there's a lot of 50-60 year olds who have been married for 10-20 years doing all kind of swinging/orgy poo poo and they get through it just fine because they aren't drama bombs posting on Reddit

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I found out my boyfriend is into [transgenders] through reddit (help?)

quote:

I posted this in r/sex, but I feel like this might be a better place to post this.
I'm gonna begin by saying that my SO (m19) and I (f18) have been in a relationship for almost 4 years. Our relationship hasn't always been easy, but I love him more than absolutely anything. We've been pretty sexual throughout most of our relationship but haven't actually got into piv until recently due to my Christian upbringing (I am no longer religious), however, my boyfriend has been very patient with me and I am extremely thankful for that (we're both virgins).
Recently we broke up for a 3 day period (due to my stupidity) and I figured out that he had been talking to a tgirl during the breakup and the day we got back together (basically just saying he wanted her again or whatever). As you could assume, I was pissed because he was talking to her when we got back together and it seemed very soon for him to be talking to someone else (especially while I was trying to get a hold of him). Anyways, I got over that because I love him and I felt like I shouldn't be mad about something that happened during our short break-up.
I'm not going to go into the story of how I found out he was talking to a tgirl, but it was basically on a new skype account he created. Well, curiosity killed the cat (and teenage girl) because I was bored in class today and decided to search the skype name in reddit. What I saw was 3 posts from a year ago basically saying he was a new cross-dresser, wanted to try something new, and was looking for someone to talk to (the post included a picture of him in a bra, etc.). I also saw a comment he made on a post where he talked about wanting to "cam" and "talk." I know I shouldn't have looked up the name to begin with but I honestly didn't expect to find anything. There were very few posts; all from a year ago (the pictures connected to imgur were from 2 years ago) and all having to do with finding someone to talk to (the posts were on "transteens" and "tgirls").
I honestly can say that I am not bothered by the pictures whatsoever. I think its important to delve into your sexuality and find yourself. The part that troubles me is that this happened during our relationship and I can't help but wonder how many people he has talked to while talking to me. I would probably think that he was just trying something new but the fact that I saw him talking to a tgirl recently confuses me. I'm not mad whatsoever but I'm not sure if this is something I should bring up to him. Our relationship is finally starting to improve sexually and emotionally and I feel like bringing this up might ruin that. I wouldn't break up with him over this, but I can't help but feel like this would completely embarrass him and would make him think that I love him less or something (I don't). I'm honestly considering just not bringing it up or maybe at least confronting him at a later time and in person. I love him so much, but I feel a little betrayed because he was so open to talking to other people during our relationship. What does this mean in terms of our relationship and his attraction to me? Do you think I'm overreacting? What should I do?
tl;dr: Found out my boyfriend of 4 years has been talking to transgenders and has been posting pictures (of him cross-dressing) in "transteens" and "tgirls" looking for someone to talk to and "cam" with for about a year, I don't know how to react.

She is so perplexed by the whole trans thing she completely glosses over that he was totally at the very least emotionally cheating on her.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

fwiw I bet you there's a lot of 50-60 year olds who have been married for 10-20 years doing all kind of swinging/orgy poo poo and they get through it just fine because they aren't drama bombs posting on Reddit

I guess I'm naive but isn't that not poly? Banging other old people with your partner or having Xsomes seems different than completely opening your relationship to the point of dating multiple people/cohabitating with all the members of the relationship.

I guess I'm just a dumb mono :shrug:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nazzadan posted:

I guess I'm naive but isn't that not poly? Banging other old people with your partner or having Xsomes seems different than completely opening your relationship to the point of dating multiple people/cohabitating with all the members of the relationship.

I guess I'm just a dumb mono :///

You're right, but originally I think Mirthless simply said "people in this thread and in general are too hung up about group sex stuff" and then immediately everyone was like 'haha poly relationships are doomed you fool.'

but yeah idk open relationships + cohabitating seems like it might work but prolly not for most people and def not for 20 year olds who can't even live with 1 other person without trouble. Although I feel like the line between swinging and open relationship gets pretty drat blurry esp if you're talking about a key party type situation.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Pick posted:

CAT CAME FIRST

every time my rear end in a top hat cat lies down to cuddle with me it's like i won the lottery. who would try to limit such good fortune?????

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
My (34m) wife (33f) of 7 years has become obsessed with an online community related to her line of work.

quote:

My wife is in (book) publishing, and she has become obsessed with the online community surrounding it to the point that she is on Twitter for about 8 hours a day.

It started slowly a few years ago, with Twitter pitch contests (where you would “pitch” your book to agents and editors using tweets). She was agented, and she sold a book that hasn’t come out yet. I am very proud of her for this, as it is one of the best things she has done.

However, since then, her phone is always in her hand, or she is always on her laptop. She is overly involved in massive twitter feuds, in talking to her 4k followers, constantly gossiping in direct messages and text messages, etc.

Every. Single. Day there is some kind of big blow-up in the Twitter World of Publishing. She gets involved in almost every single drama. From calling out “bad rep” (what they call poor representation of minority groups) to arguing with trolls and getting worked up about politics. She has gone on epic long Twitter “threads” (where you respond to your top tweet, first tweet) and her friends do it as well. Some author gave an interview that wasn’t well received and they didn’t stop tweeting about it for weeks.

She talks about it like it’s real life, and it’s strange and a little concerning. She talks about the Gossip Girls of Twitter even when we are on dates. I gave them that nickname, it’s not a real one. Though most of them are Young Adult Literature writers so it makes sense. Anyway they’re people who always go into DMs to gossip about each other.

There is a lot of backstabbing and cattiness going on. There are certain women on Twitter you cannot openly disagree with, or you will be torn apart by their followers.

I’m no stranger to online communities. I have been in them and I have even made real friends from them. But she has taken it to a very strange and obsessive level that is VERY concerning to me. This community is very toxic. It’s like every time there’s the slightest chance of ruining someone or tearing someone down they all ascend like vultures.

It feels like she is trying to experience high school all over again as one of the Mean Girls. Which is strange because she wasn’t exactly an outcast in high school or anything. She was well liked and had a lot of friends. She has a lot of friends now, too, and she even drags the Book World gossip to them when they hang out.

One of the alarming things was a long while back, when I looked at her Twitter and saw that she had come out as “bisexual” despite the fact that she’d never mentioned it to me. Of course I wasn’t bothered by this, but I asked her about it and she said “Oh you have to come out as bisexual or else nobody cares about your opinion. Everyone does it. It’s not like they can prove it.” I thought that was weird, but she made up an elaborate story about how she came to realize it and tweeted the whole thing.

Another issue that cropped up was when a popular author put up a GoFindMe for something, I have no idea what. Well the DM train started again and my wife got deeply involved in ripping the woman to shreds. It was a group of around 15 women just tearing into this woman. A while later that author had some big interview or something on Twitter and the girls got back in their group and brainstormed a list of mean things to tweet at her. My wife didn’t contribute, but she did gleefully clap her hands along. This was the first time that I really had a bad feeling about this whole thing. I let her know that this kind of behavior, this online bullying, was horrible and that I was losing respect for her. She told me she didn’t do anything wrong, but said she wouldn’t join in on more harassment.

So we come to the reason I’m asking for help here. She has gotten so wrapped up in all of this daily drama that she has stopped writing. I mean she writes very very little every day. She has had to ask for an extension on what she’s supposed to show her agent twice now because she will get wrapped up in Twitter and piddle the day away. Writing is essentially her full-time job, and she is not doing it.
I’ve tried to help her by pushing her harder, settling smaller deadlines, and nothing has helped.

But I don’t know how to approach this subject. Communication has never been difficult for us, but because of what a huge role this community plays in her day to day life, I’m just not sure what to say or do at this point. May I please have some suggestions?

tl;dr: My wife has gotten so obsessed with her publishing online community that she has stopped writing. She has also done something that are really unattractive and damning of her personality. How do I approach this with her?
I know a couple people in publishing and 100% believe this, including the ages

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

Me [35 F] with my boyfriend [32 M] does not want me in the same room as him when we do taxes. I find it odd. need advice.

My boyfriend of 3 years does not want me in the same tax room with him doing taxes. I find this very odd because how can you have or want a future with someone who you can't be in the same room doing taxes? #1 I make more than my boyfriend #2 I find myself paying more quite often because I make more than my boyfriend and understand he doesn't make a lot #3 im not a gold digger, so if he gets a big refund i wouldn't touch it #4 i know he has a son and pays child support. So what does he have to hide? He said the reason he doesn't want me in the room with him is because he gets flustered with doing taxes. We have a same day appointment with the person who is going to do our taxes and same time, so that means once he is done or i am done he wants me to leave the room. I have been with someone before my boyfriend and my ex would never care if he was in the same room with me. I just need advice and want to know if you were in my position do you think you can see someone like this in the future? i know how much my boyfriend makes he tells me and ive seen his check stubs, we live together and want a future together. i dont care about his finances and never took a penny from him. is it wrong to find this weird?

FYI i dont care what he does with his taxes and he knows that. so can he be hiding something from me that i am not thinking of?

tl;dr: Me [35 F] with my boyfriend [32 M] does not want me in the same room as him when we do taxes. I find it odd. need advice.!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

My (34m) wife (33f) of 7 years has become obsessed with an online community related to her line of work.

truer words

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

subhuman filth posted:

Don't be mean

Naw man, that was probably my favorite internet burn of 2017.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

Me [26 M] with my FWB [24 F] of 2 months, she told me something I can't get out of my head..

Hey guys,

So I've been seeing this girl for about 2 months, we're basically friends with benefits and lately I've been falling heads over heels for her. She's basically everything I've been looking for: insanely attractive, funny, smart, plays instruments (one of my biggest turn ons), high sex-drive, tons of shared hobbies... Every day spent with her is a blast and all of that is definitely reciprocated according to what she tells me.

A few days ago I decided to let her know my feelings about her and that I wanted something more serious. She then told me even though she really likes me, she's tried relationships before and she doesn't wanna be in one anymore, that she's happy being single.

We talked about it, and I wanted to know why would she willingly decide to stay single when the two of us are obviously a really great match and that our feelings seem mutual. To which she replied: "Well, what would being in a relationship with you ever bring me that I'm not gonna get from seeing other guys while I remain single?"

And that hit me really hard. I went through some points, like:

"Well I am fit and you obviously find me attractive" to which she says "There are other fit and attractive guys that are trying to date me".

"I make you laugh like there's no tomorrow" > "You're not the only guy that can make me laugh"

"We're having tons of fun together" > "I have fun with all of my friends"

"You keep telling me how much you love having sex with me" > "Yeah but if I remain single, I don't have to have sex with only one guy for the rest of my life"

"I always do my best to make you happy" > "Every other guy I've dated, and the ones that are still trying to date me, also do their best to make me happy"

"We have tons of things in common" > "So do friends"

etc etc.

I quickly understood she's not gonna bulge so I stopped insisting and we went back to do other stuff, but that conversation has been stuck in my head and I can't get it out. This basically tells me "Why would ANY GIRL ever want to be in a exclusive relationship with me, when they can get everything I have to offer from multiple other guys at once?". They can also have sex with as many guys as they want, no matter how good I am at it, why would they decide to restrain themselves to only one guy?

The last 3 girls I've dated also didn't want anything serious, seems like they were all happy being single and having multiple guys trying to date them.

I'm just completely lost now. I firmly believe I have tons of things to offer and I am always striving to improve myself, but now I can't even see anymore how would any girl decide to settle for any one guy when they can get everything they want from many other guys.

How am I supposed to ever get into a serious relationship, when even my dream girl with reciprocated feelings won't settle for me?

Thanks,

TL;DR: FWB is my dream girl, feelings are reciprocated, but won't get into anything serious with me because she can get everything I can offer and more from many other guys at once. I don't know how to cope with this fact. How do relationships even happen then

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

social media addiction is a real thing and it's going to be something people talk about increasingly over the next 5-10 years as people wreck their lives obsessively checking their phones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

quote:

Though most of them are Young Adult Literature writers so it makes sense.
hahahahaha of course they are