Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah, when fighting Hush, you have a 1 in 4 chance of fighting the actual Blue Baby instead. You still get unlocks, so this doesn't screw you out of anything.

Also apparently Devil Deal statues have a 1 in 3 chance to be an Angel statue instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh wait it still gives you the unlock? Okay that makes it a lot less painful for Keeper and the Lost then.

EDIT: Here's an obscure mechanic someone found: If you pick up Butter bean enough times it'll transform into a better version.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jan 19, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jamesman posted:

Hahahahahahaha

Please buy it. This thread NEEDS you to buy it.

I ended up canceling it.
There's just no reason to play this game anymore unless I want to get everything from The Lost.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Probtosis, soy milk from a re-roll room. :stare:

Couldn't do anything, my range was like 1 foot.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Beat boss rush for the first time, got inside with like 5 seconds to spare, then beat all the waves on just 2 hearts. Then right afterwards I accidentally bumped a red poo and died lol.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'll be getting BOI for the Switch if it contains both expansions. The vita version is my favourite version and I am mad that Nicalis is such a poor developer that it's not getting the expansions. It feels like such a perfect on the go game.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

RatHat posted:

Oh wait it still gives you the unlock? Okay that makes it a lot less painful for Keeper and the Lost then.

EDIT: Here's an obscure mechanic someone found: If you pick up Butter bean enough times it'll transform into a better version.

Does it count the times you picked it up in runs before Afterbirth+? Because it was like that for me the first time I picked it up with AB+ and I just thought they had buffed it up to be decent now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think the upgraded version is just also in the item pool.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

AbstractNapper posted:

Does it count the times you picked it up in runs before Afterbirth+? Because it was like that for me the first time I picked it up with AB+ and I just thought they had buffed it up to be decent now.

Maybe it's actually randomized? Like a random chance to become "Wait What?" when it spawns, including when you drop it for another Active Item.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of the Vita version, I'm trying to get the meatboy/bandage girl and twice now its hosed me, I've gotten the book of rev first item but apparently what the book does is simply re-roll whatever boss you would have gotten, provided they are in a single tile room.

Twice now I've gotten to the womb with the level 3 boy/girl and twice the game has spawned Mr. Fred and now Double Trouble Gates.

So it won't change the boss if its in a double room, loving fantastic. :bravo:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

AbstractNapper posted:

You're misunderstanding, if you pick up the butter bean and put it down around 20 times in one run that specific butter bean will turn into a wait what

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I didn't realize Lilith wasn't restricted to only 3 orbitals when using Box of Friends. With 5-6 she's pretty much immune to most bullets.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

watho posted:

You're misunderstanding, if you pick up the butter bean and put it down around 20 times in one run that specific butter bean will turn into a wait what

Wait What? is such a good item, you can move enemies away, blow up tinten rocks, secret rooms, bosses and it has a short recharge like the red/blue candle.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
It happened two times for me, and at least the second time it was definitely butter bean. First time, may have been the "wait what?" - I am not sure. And I mean it's butter bean, I probably tried to pick something else up before re-picking it (because the other item most likely sucked too). But not 20 times. But it behaved like the "Wait What" in both of those runs that I was using it.

More Ultra Hard grief. Did they patch Ultra Hard so that you can only get the Negative? Lol, did they actually decide to change it and that is what they came up with? I did the Depths XL twice (with a Forger me now), and both times only the Negative was available.

To provide some context I just lost a Ultra Hard run where I had good damage and Death's Touch, but sadly also Curse of the Tower and Bomberboy. I made it to Womb XL and died after killing mom due to taking hit from her brimstone and then curse of tower and bomberboy trapped me in a multitude of explosions. Of course no Polaroid for invincibility.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well that was a pleasant surprise. Went into Ultra Greed not sure if I could beat his 2nd form but it turns out almost all of his attacks count as explosive, and since I had the Host Hat I was immune. The only things that could hurt me were contact damage and the door lasers. Note that this doesn't apply to Ultra Greed's 1st form, all his attacks can hurt you except for the bomb coins.

So Host Hat and Pyromaniac are pretty much an instant win against Ultra Greed's 2nd form.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Is there a full list of everything the entity stacking bugfix affects? Am I correct in reading that this is something that has always been broken in the game's base code and is only just now getting fixed because until that video, Edmund and co didn't even realize it was broken? Because that's pretty astounding if true.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

One I just found recently was in the ┌ shaped room that has a thin strip in the middle surrounded by a pit. Usually there was a spike on either side of the thin strip, so you would have to be hurt to get all the various items inside (or fly). But now the items in there are randomized, including the placement of the spikes. Something similar is another ┌ shaped room where there are items in the top right corner. There were some grey unbreakable tiles surrounding some items, and some key gates to get at the items. Now it seems that there's a chance that the key gates can be replaced with more unbreakable grey tiles. First time I saw this, there was only a key gate in between two items, so there was no way to get any of them without flying (or jumping).

I should take some screen grabs of the stack effected rooms.

IUG fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 19, 2017

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

watho posted:

Apparently it's a random chance whenever you pick up Butter Bean for it to be replaced by Wait What instead. So there's that.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
We're all buying the lede here.

"I can't believe it's not Butter Bean!"

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Olesh posted:

Apparently it's a random chance whenever you pick up Butter Bean for it to be replaced by Wait What instead. So there's that.

Yeah that seems correct, I've definitely gotten Wait What the first time picking it up in a run.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Came across that room that I was talking about earlier. Here's one of the changes that came out with that stack fix, more than likely.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, when fighting Hush, you have a 1 in 4 chance of fighting the actual Blue Baby instead. You still get unlocks, so this doesn't screw you out of anything.

Also apparently Devil Deal statues have a 1 in 3 chance to be an Angel statue instead.

Huh, I guess I just got really lucky and got Blue Baby 4 times in a row.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

IUG posted:

Came across that room that I was talking about earlier. Here's one of the changes that came out with that stack fix, more than likely.

Okay, that particular change looks more like a bug itself than a fix. The default version of that room that has those things surrounded by keyhole blocks makes sense. "Leverage your resources carefully and consider what you're risking vs the potential reward" is pretty much classic Isaac. But that particular variation is less "consider how you spend your resources" and more "Got flying? No? Then gently caress off."

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Spergatory posted:

Okay, that particular change looks more like a bug itself than a fix. The default version of that room that has those things surrounded by keyhole blocks makes sense. "Leverage your resources carefully and consider what you're risking vs the potential reward" is pretty much classic Isaac. But that particular variation is less "consider how you spend your resources" and more "Got flying? No? Then gently caress off."

Yeah but there's tons of poo poo that can't be accessed without flying. This is just another one of those things.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Spergatory posted:

I assume the blocks can probably also spawn as fire/poop. There are several other things like that that were completely unaccessible without flying before the change.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Spergatory posted:

Yeah but you're thinking like a game developer and not some rear end in a top hat

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You kinda have to be an rear end in a top hat to make a roguelike.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Ultra Hard challenge, new embarrassment.
As stated before, when killing mom you are only given the Negative. You don't get to choose.
So, I got the negative, went through to the Womb XL and beaten "It lives" with a decent-ish build but full health of black hearts thanks to Satanic Bible.

Then the game gives you the two choices (I was way too late for the Hush option); Sheol or Cathedral.

I chose Cathedral, went through it, and the game ended with a cutscene after beating Isaac. Lol. Does not count for the achievement (since you have to beat Mega Satan). It took me a while to realize my stupidity.

So, that happened.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

I assume the blocks can probably also spawn as fire/poop. There are several other things like that that were completely unaccessible without flying before the change.

Usually, that at least seemed intentional though. Like things at the end of a room with a large chasm, or those wonderful 'gently caress you' rooms on the first and second floors that have items just sitting out in the open, completely surrounded by impassible blocks when it's very rare that you're going to have flying (unless you're The Lost or Azazel, in which case, those rooms are fantastic). Like I said, having two of those blocks be accessible via key while the third is just completely blocked off looks like a bug. It looks like a room layout that was supposed to be one way, and was made another by accident.

Irving.jpg
Feb 5, 2007

Rhythm and blues.
I'm knocking off the last deliruim kills for unlocks, and I start cain. Xl floor, two treasure rooms adjacent, Pyromaniac and Ipecac. Jesus christ game, I've never been handed such an easy win.

Edit - Died because I forgot womb blood machines take a full heart not half.

Irving.jpg fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 20, 2017

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Well found another different stacked room change... I was fighting monstro and at the top there were two temperance machines. Tried to take a picture but the Good Game DesignŽ somehow decided I was holding R when I pushed cmd+shift+4 which resulted in it resetting my run 5 times in a row. The bugs in the OSX version are so annoying.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Irving.jpg posted:

I'm knocking off the last deliruim kills for unlocks, and I start cain. Xl floor, two treasure rooms adjacent, Pyromaniac and Ipecac. Jesus christ game, I've never been handed such an easy win.

Edit - Died because I forgot womb blood machines take a full heart not half.

And Man Grew Proud

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

Spergatory posted:

Is there a full list of everything the entity stacking bugfix affects? Am I correct in reading that this is something that has always been broken in the game's base code and is only just now getting fixed because until that video, Edmund and co didn't even realize it was broken? Because that's pretty astounding if true.

That is correct. It's been broken since the release of Rebirth.

Irving.jpg
Feb 5, 2007

Rhythm and blues.

AnonSpore posted:

And Man Grew Proud

Truly I died the second I considered myself invincible.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Hyphen-ated posted:

That is correct. It's been broken since the release of Rebirth.

Other bugs I know of that haven't been fixed since release:

(OSX Build)
Sometimes when the music changes i.e moving from floor to item room it will hang until you leave the room. All other audio plays fine and it's only in item rooms that does this.
Switching from full screen to windowed can result in a black screen. Switching back to full screen will still be black. The only fix is to switch back to windowed and manually resize the window to any size so it redraws.
Sometimes when switching from full screen to windowed random buttons will be "held down" even if you aren't touching the keys until you go back to full screen and press them. Pressing them in windowed mode does not fix them.
You can donate two times to a devil beggar off a single half heart

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Two donations off of one payment to the devil beggar is the way it's supposed to be and I won't hear otherwise. :colbert:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

flyboi posted:

Other bugs I know of that haven't been fixed since release:

You can donate two times to a devil beggar off a single half heart

This is not a bug and you do not tell any nerdy looking programmer types about it. :hai:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Psychedelicatessen posted:

This is not a bug and you do not tell any nerdy looking programmer types about it. :hai:

Considering they "fixed" the two troll bombs in a chest I'm kind of surprised it has been overlooked.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Sinus Infection + Lost Contact is a deadly combo. The tears retain their shielded property even when they're stuck to an enemy. I fought Hush and just shot a ring of tears around him and utterly defused all his attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

flyboi posted:

Considering they "fixed" the two troll bombs in a chest I'm kind of surprised it has been overlooked.

It is interesting because blood donation machines do have enough delay to block this. Then again Aferbirth added "Blind Rage" which slightly increases your i-frames enough to work blood donations twice