Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pakled posted:

Now who will stop us from talking about nothing but BBQ all summer?

No one, so not a significant change there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
TFF shouldn't have a mod it should have a commissioner

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Raku posted:

TFF shouldn't have a mod it should have a commissioner

It should have a playoff system and a consensus national champion

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Fluffdaddy posted:

we have plenty of time to work on this, post-season rankings don't matter at all

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
A Piggly Wiggly poster of the year only bama fans qualify for

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's really cool that he gets to keep his scholarship, but I really wish schools actually took care of "student" athletes.

I mean, what are you expecting him to get?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Fluffdaddy posted:

All moderating duties are now going to be handled by a selection committee consisting of all-time posters and people who have occasionally watched football.

The initial committee will be made up of El Penis, Andichu, Wheez's ghost, Sash!, got any sevens (who, at 2013, is the youngest of all the posters on the previous page), Gendo's beaten soul, and former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

kayakyakr posted:

All moderating duties are now going to be handled by a selection committee consisting of all-time posters and people who have occasionally watched football.

The initial committee will be made up of El Penis, Andichu, Wheez's ghost, Sash!, got any sevens (who, at 2013, is the youngest of all the posters on the previous page), Gendo's beaten soul, and former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

And also Big Herm

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
What about groverat

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

vikingstrike posted:

What about groverat

He is only in charge of the U18 division

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I am honored to be selected for this committee and look forward to being the out of touch old man everyone resents.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Aw man. :( Sucks losing MV as a mod. He peckersmacked me more than once (deserved).

Who the gently caress is modding now? No one?

Don't leave us though, MV. We need good posters here to balance me out. And Scionix. Mostly Scionix.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Intruder and I both recommended people on the way out but no idea what they're gonna do

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'm just glad he changed the thread title before he quit. It's so good you could almost just make every thread from now on like "A&M is rear end, my dude: Week 1 Edition".

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Sash! posted:

I am honored to be selected for this committee and look forward to being the out of touch old man everyone resents.

You already are :)

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Ungratek posted:

Can someone tl;dr the drama for me. I've been busy at work all day
Basically "Lowtax is back on the forums".

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Incoherence posted:

not you too...

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Incoherence posted:

I don't know what that means

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

Intruder and I both recommended people on the way out but no idea what they're gonna do

Finally, Roasted Donut's thread deputy status will be made a full-time position

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

pillsburysoldier posted:

I don't know what that means

Lowtax stepped down from running the forums in 2008 if I remember right. I don't know for sure but I'd wager a guess that his recent return has probably caused some sort of internalized disagreement amongst mods and admins that caused a lot of people to say gently caress it and step away. Not really sure how right or wrong that is since because GBS is gone I haven't the slightest idea where to look to find a megathread talking about this stuff. That may be totally off base but it seems like mods had to pick sides so I'd guess his return wasn't entirely with open arms.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
As someone who doesn't read SA outside of TFF, SAS, and some of the American politics, it's always sad to lose someone else out of the Big Ten West.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
After every Superbowl and every National Championship, the TFF fans of the winning team choose one among their number to be mod for the next year.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

kayakyakr posted:

All I'd do is give 6 hour probies to anyone talking about ranking lists.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I would ban preseason polls and retroactively reward some titles to Alabama

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Crotch Bat posted:

Lowtax stepped down from running the forums in 2008 if I remember right. I don't know for sure but I'd wager a guess that his recent return has probably caused some sort of internalized disagreement amongst mods and admins that caused a lot of people to say gently caress it and step away. Not really sure how right or wrong that is since because GBS is gone I haven't the slightest idea where to look to find a megathread talking about this stuff. That may be totally off base but it seems like mods had to pick sides so I'd guess his return wasn't entirely with open arms.

Make Something Awful Funny Again as I understand

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/821170766934867968

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'd obviously mod entirely based on bribery.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

When I see bad OL play I always think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AqnsjEPLIA

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Speaking of OL play: what's the deal a few teams do -- Auburn, Oregon off the top of my head -- where when the defense jumps and it's a free play the OL will stay in place while the QB takes his home-run shot? Is it to emphasize that the defense was offside so the flag gets thrown? Are they just trained to not move under any circumstances until the snap count goes off? Even if it's a free play and there's no consequence to a sack or hurry wouldn't you want to protect the QB anyway just to make the deep ball more likely to succeed?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Crotch Bat posted:

GBS is gone

But it's still there? I only really come here for lovely life hacks and bad BBQ and HGTV hot takes, so I'm not sure what's going on. Now if you all will excuse me I have to go find some tracker with a decent selection of This Old House seasons.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Pakled posted:

When I see bad OL play I always think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AqnsjEPLIA

I'd go with this but it doesn't help that Christian Hackenberg is horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIvl3ufhNIc

That's a two-man rush at 0:51.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I think one of my first posts in TFF got me probated for RIVALS DOT COM and I'm pretty sure it was MV who carried it out.

goonspeed :patriot:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

CrumFUNist! posted:

I'd go with this but it doesn't help that Christian Hackenberg is horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIvl3ufhNIc

That's a two-man rush at 0:51.

I mean, at least the majority of those (7/10) were blitzes...

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scarf posted:

I think one of my first posts in TFF got me probated for RIVALS DOT COM and I'm pretty sure it was MV who carried it out.

goonspeed :patriot:

Every board I post on is in an unsettling, dark, last-night-on-earth, glad-to-have-met-y'all mood

Hm

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Every board I post on is in an unsettling, dark, last-night-on-earth, glad-to-have-met-y'all mood

Hm

These are indeed dark days. For we are devoid of college football for 8 months.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Scarf posted:

These are indeed dark days. For we are devoid of college football for 8 months.

drat that Trump!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Burt Reynolds tried to give us spring football, but Donald Trump ruined it.

That's got to be one of the most insane sounding, but factual, sentences about football possible.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Sash! posted:

That's got to be one of the most insane sounding, but factual, sentences about football possible.
Bjork's husband filmed part of a seven-hour art film about balls on the Goodyear Blimp above Boise State's blue turf. True story.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

pillsburysoldier posted:

Hm

Hey, glad to have met y'all. Just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

AsInHowe posted:

Hey, glad to have met y'all. Just in case.

Same here. Have enjoyed the last 13 years on SAS/FF.

If it had to end, I'm just glad it didn't end with another drat 'bama title.

• Locked thread