Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

The local rockabilly festival is on today and as a part of that they do a show and shine where you get to see a bunch of cars that are often pretty rare in Australia. I didn't get many photos but its a bunch of American cars from different periods including what must be a fair chunk of the Cobra's in the state.

A pretty nicely done up 240Z

A Valiant with it's badging removed

and this thing which I have no idea about

Oh poo poo I forgot that was on today! I'm working all day. Is it still on tomorrow? If you like beer, come to Leura. No, not the BWS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I don't believe that it is but there'd probably be some cars floating around. I know that bottle shop only too well although you stopped stocking 6 packs of coopers

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I don't believe that it is but there'd probably be some cars floating around. I know that bottle shop only too well although you stopped stocking 6 packs of coopers

Nah we just ran out of room to put them jn the fridge, they're in the cool room

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlesM posted:

Yeah I hate him, but I am curious to know, if he has a show or info on his Tatra?
edit: More specifically if he knows about the ownership history.

I've met and shook the man's hand and he's just oozes douchebag in person. And a few people in the cafe racer world have stories of him trying to buy their vintage bikes and then being a huge oval office when people won't sell.

donut
Feb 4, 2001

If you spend any time in Beverly Hills or the San Fernando Valley you're bound to see Jay Leno about in something a few times. I've seen him just driving around Beverly Hills in the Blastolene Special, and last time I saw him he was driving through Sherman Oaks in a Citroen SM with a huge suitcase stuffed in the passenger seat. Even when he's doing normal stuff he's driving one or another of his sweet cars, I love it.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

slothrop posted:

Nah we just ran out of room to put them jn the fridge, they're in the cool room

Fair enough really.
Have a pair of 356 Porches that I followed up the bends near Springwood. My Mazda kept up with them pretty decently however the photo's are rubbish for the most part.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Grater posted:

I'd love to know more about that thing. I have an unnatural love for wagons.
Well, here is a link to my th

:hfive:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
So the Italians crammed a Mustang into a Miata...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2K4FvbbWN8

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Terrible video production for a hideous car, what a match made in heaven.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
Not a 59 or a Dodge but I love trees that grow through cars in salvage yards. Saw this one today.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

PopeOnARope posted:

Terrible video production for a hideous car, what a match made in heaven.

Doug DeMuro is a special man. I hate him, but I feel compelled to watch the unfunny garbage he produces because he fills a niche no one else really can

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Door Frame posted:

Doug DeMuro is a special man. I hate him, but I feel compelled to watch the unfunny garbage he produces because he fills a niche no one else really can
I'm happy enough to talk about cars you can almost but not quite afford, while smirking to myself about a joke I haven't made yet.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
This thing. No idea what it was, but it was impeccably clean. Great colour too. Took these around November of last year, and the owner clearly drives it, because we had about half an inch of rain that day.

Click for huge.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Memento posted:

No idea what it was

The "60 OLDS" front plate is a bit of a clue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_88#Fourth_generation_.281959.E2.80.931960.29

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Memento posted:

This thing. No idea what it was, but it was impeccably clean. Great colour too. Took these around November of last year, and the owner clearly drives it, because we had about half an inch of rain that day.

Click for huge.

Ah Mountain Gate Shopping Centre

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

InitialDave posted:

I'm happy enough to talk about cars you can almost but not quite afford, while smirking to myself about a joke I haven't made yet.

Ok, unfunny garbage was a bit harsh, but if his show was about anything else, I would find him insufferable instead of just a little too tedious. His PT Cruiser video is unwatchable

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

spintires sequel lookin good.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Well in my defense I didn't even see the plate, and we never got those cars in Australia so they're not exactly a common thing.

You Am I posted:

Ah Mountain Gate Shopping Centre

The Coles there is complete garbage, it's worth going a little further to go to the Woolies.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Memento posted:

The Coles there is complete garbage, it's worth going a little further to go to the Woolies.
I much prefer to shop at the Maxi Foods in Upper Ferntree Gully, even if it is more expensive.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Stealing a few from PYF:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I like Doug's videos because I wonder about the same silly things he discusses, mainly loving with CarMax.

The Range Rover warranty math was loving great.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I dislike him on the whole, but watch them because 1 in 15 is amazing, and that's a better ratio than TV

Crosscabriolet, Hummer CarMax, Rover Warranty, the other Hummer video, and a few others were good videos.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Demuro is pretty inoffensive and goons will hate anything that gains popularity.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

How'd they get away with using the Mangusta name? I think if you talk to a random person about "the Mangusta" they'll think of the proper one.

Maybe this is covered in the video, but like everyone else, I don't really enjoy watching these.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Dad got a new ride. I'm a little jealous.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Raluek posted:

How'd they get away with using the Mangusta name? I think if you talk to a random person about "the Mangusta" they'll think of the proper one.

Maybe this is covered in the video, but like everyone else, I don't really enjoy watching these.

The car was developed and produced in cooperation with De Tomaso, who backed out at the last minute due to financial issues. It was supposed to be a De Tomaso.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

The car was developed and produced in cooperation with De Tomaso, who backed out at the last minute due to financial issues. It was supposed to be a De Tomaso.

Because old man DeTomaso couldn't get funding because he was like 95 and the banks thought everything would fall apart if the old man kicked the bucket during development.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

fyodor posted:

Because old man DeTomaso couldn't get funding because he was like 95 and the banks thought everything would fall apart if the old man kicked the bucket during development.

To be fair I wouldn't give any of my money to DeTomaso. His business model was summed up by 'marry rich.'

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

To be fair I wouldn't give any of my money to DeTomaso. His business model was summed up by 'marry rich.'
That's a pretty solid plan, to be honest.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrYenko posted:

Awesome Car.

Awesome Dad.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

MrYenko posted:

Oldsmobile? Looks like the Vista roof. Kick rear end car.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Rhyno posted:

Awesome Car.

Awesome Dad.

Not an empty quote

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Oldsmobile? Looks like the Vista roof. Kick rear end car.

Ya. It has the rear-facing third row, too. I really want an excuse to go somewhere in it so I can wave at confused traffic.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

MrYenko posted:

Ya. It has the rear-facing third row, too. I really want an excuse to go somewhere in it so I can wave at confused traffic.

Are those rear facing seats "illegal" now or just fallen out of favor? Sure, its a bad place to be in a collision but it makes those seats accessible and comfortable. Maybe a little car sick prone.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I don't think they're specifically outlawed, but gently caress trying to get them to pass modern crash regs.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Bogatyr posted:

Are those rear facing seats "illegal" now or just fallen out of favor? Sure, its a bad place to be in a collision but it makes those seats accessible and comfortable. Maybe a little car sick prone.

The E-class wagon still has them so they must be technically OK.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
Just poked around, pretty much that. I remember as a kid in the 70s riding in the jumpseat of a Buick wagon. I thought it was the best thing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrYenko posted:

I don't think they're specifically outlawed, but gently caress trying to get them to pass modern crash regs.

The tesla model S has them, but only for short people.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
Why would they be worse in a crash necessarily than an otherwise identical but front facing third row?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

eighty-four merc posted:

Why would they be worse in a crash necessarily than an otherwise identical but front facing third row?

because your feet are basically behind the rear bumper, so you don't have as much of a crumple zone if you get rear ended.

That's really only a concern if whatever hits you doesn't have a crumple zone of it's own helping out.