Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Daily cartoon from Israel: (Guy mored)

E: smaller, quicker loading image.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jan 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
This counts as a political cartoon, right?

(credit)

neongrey fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 24, 2017

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Every time this argument comes up, someone points out that Hitler said you beat fascism by violently crushing it when it's small. They for some reason ignore the fact that "violently crush it while it's small" was also Hitler's preferred method of beating everything else and indeed the core principle of Nazism. When all you have is a Hitler, everything looks like a heil.

Now, I'll get back to mocking political cartoons:

Yes, all that will remain of Obama is his failed policies. Because Trump is scrapping the successful ones. This isn't even AGC - Ramirez' use of emphasis implies it.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Daily cartoon from Israel: (Guy mored)

E: smaller, quicker loading image.

(He posts his cartoons to his facebook page)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

They're grrrrrrreat!
"Wow, is that all for the War on Poverty?"
"Next!"
Our rapist former president was recently released from jail. So, hopefully someone else might do a mere 5-year sentence once he's done ruining everything.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Does Israel have a poverty problem?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

90% of the population has a microwave and a refrigerator, so obviously not.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's perfectly fine so long as Palestine is worse off!:downsowned:

E:poverty highest in OECD nations http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4753118,00.html

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 24, 2017

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Lol no you didn't

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Angepain posted:

Lol no you didn't

"You'd be amazed at how easy it is to pronounce 'Barack Obama' as 'the ni--'" -Bruce Tinsley

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Oh hey did you get a blue star after tax's purge? Congratulations/condolences :v:

toon:

"antifa-illuminati-comic.png"

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Israel has consistently ranked last in OECD rankings for poverty, and THOSE are only based on official government data, which ranked 2015's poverty levels at 19.6%. The Alternative poverty report, published by the Latet organization, has it at 31.9%. Most them are working poor. Like me!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Trogdos! posted:

toon:

"antifa-illuminati-comic.png"

Uh, what?
Even considering the Klurfsman is a nazi I can't see the logic.

vvvvv: So Antifa=Anarchists , Big money=NWO, Both are coming togather
You're right, this is the dumbest poo poo.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 24, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Uh, what?

Wall Street/The NWO and Antifa/Anarchists are united by their common enemy, Dipshit Donald.

EDIT: This is the dumbest loving poo poo.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Wall Street/The NWO and Antifa/Anarchists are united by their common enemy, Dipshit Donald.

Except that Wall Street has already proven that they have him bent around their little finger.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

Uh, what?

It's an old Nazi canard: the Jews control both capitalism and communism in an effort to bring down white people so you should follow the third way of Nazism. No, it doesn't make any sense.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If you're a shithead who can only perceive peoples as "European", "African" ,"Eastern" and "infiltrators" it makes sense.

And if That makes sense, get help.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Somfin posted:

Except that Wall Street has already proven that they have him bent around their little finger.

Yeah, but Nazis are incredibly loving stupid

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

I don't understand this one. Is it pro or anti-Trump?

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Before, we were ineffective at mending the destruction we we caused.

Now, we save money by using our lawns as grave yards and bank parking.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I read it as the cartoonist lamenting the (supposedly) anti-interventionist / anti-world police stance of Trump.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Ok but I still dont understand if this is pro/anti trump

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Trogdos! posted:

I read it as the cartoonist lamenting the (supposedly) anti-interventionist / anti-world police stance of Trump.

The cartoonist apparently missed the bit in Trump's CIA speech where he said hey, maybe we'll take another stab at invading Iraq.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Roland Jones posted:

In his first appearance as White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer lied adamantly about Trump's inauguration and claimed it was the biggest ever, "period". People ripped into this and provided proof he was wrong. Later, in an interview, KelleyAnne Conway tried defending him and, after having her bullshit shot down repeatedly, tried to claim that Spicer was just presenting "alternative facts". This, as you might expect, merely made things worse.

It's a perfect coining, though. The alt-right reads alt-media that feeds them alt-facts. There's a certain elegance to it.

And that's another good illustration of why they cannot be debated with and instead need to be punched.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

du -hast posted:

Ok but I still dont understand if this is pro/anti trump

It's a very unclear cartoon. If I had to guess, my cues would be the weeds, Sam's grey suit, and his somber expression. So it's not like he's a good gardener who's beaming at a plot filled w/ carrots and potatoes labelled JOBS or something. But I went to see more of Paresh's stuff, and he's a cartoonist working in the United Arab Emirates who's worried about isolationism and generally sceptical of Trump. It's not good, but it was intended to be anti-Trump

As for him being unclear, it's a habit. I have no idea what this one's about

Did... did Bibi push that buss off that cliff?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

It's a perfect coining, though. The alt-right reads alt-media that feeds them alt-facts. There's a certain elegance to it.

And that's another good illustration of why they cannot be debated with and instead need to be punched.
If there's one strategy that historically worked well for leftists fighting fascism, it's street fights. Definitely a proven winner.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Xander77 posted:

If there's one strategy that historically worked well for leftists fighting fascism, it's street fights. Definitely a proven winner.

Yup, as we all know debating Nazis is truly the best way to help them understand that they are being kinda mean

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm sorry, who is not supporting killing nazis?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Potato Salad posted:

I'm sorry, who is not supporting killing nazis?

People who are less likely to be targeted by them.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
pVp is still going on its political roleplaying tangent:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

I would too, tbh

e: leave, I mean

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Woah, cool prophetic comics! (Scott, update your copyright template)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm actually impressed, the Bresident Tump panel is kinda cute and would make a decent punishment av for a Trump apologist

that said

Angepain posted:

Lol no you didn't

excellent point

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Was the duck always that short? I'm so unused to seeing him in a full-body panel. Especially because, in that same comic just a few panels ago, Tinsley draws his head floating in midair for no reason.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Bramhall

Vib Rib posted:

Was the duck always that short? I'm so unused to seeing him in a full-body panel. Especially because, in that same comic just a few panels ago, Tinsley draws his head floating in midair for no reason.

It's not disembodied, it's seen from above. You can see his little webbed feet beneath the bill. It's a strip w/ a dynamic camera going from a very high-angle to a very low one, echoing the disorientation felt by many.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

itskage posted:

I gotta side with FreeKillB on this one. I laughed at the video, and sure the guy has terrible opinions, but I'm not going to start condoning or calling for unnecessary violence. Sure bash the fash is fun and yeah it sure seems great to just shut all these assholes up so they can't spread their dumb opinions, and risk causing actual harm to others. But in my mind it's not the way to do it as it just doesn't seem any different than what they're doing. The idea isn't to silence and snuff out their opinions through fear and intimidation. It should be to pull them into light, critique them, and ridicule them. Poke holes in their core beliefs. So instead of making people afraid to be Nazis, you make them understand why being a Nazi is stupid in the first place. I guess I am a CIS white male though, so I'm practically never going to know what it's like to be intimidated by Nazis. I can see how that may influence my opinion, but I just don't see violence and our own intimidation as being a good resolution to the problem.

Some simple word swapping:

And you sound just as deplorable as the deplorables.

Besides where do we draw the line? Maybe next time four of us can tie him up and cut him up with a knife a bit. Make him drink from the toilet.

In before obvious post/avatar combo.

Come on man, the Nazis have the Pillar Men. They need to be punched, you should know this.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 24, 2017

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want a shirt that says "Smug,".

• Locked thread