Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Western visual novel? Hard pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Unless there is futanari content, the greatest of all fetishes forged in the mighty land of Nippon, I too shall pass this game up.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Unless there is futanari content, the greatest of all fetishes forged in the mighty land of Nippon, I too shall pass this game up.

:eyepop:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

SunAndSpring posted:

Applewhite alt spotted

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

Don't be stupid. He's saving that for a stretch goal.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Stretch Goal? More like stretched hole.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
They're making an official Princess Bride RPG. In 2017. This is inconceivable! No really, it is. Like, what makes this movie special for its own game? Also, it hasn't been culturally relevant in a long while. :psyduck:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
brought to you by the people who made gurps bunnies and burrows lmao

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

You can go to hell. The Princess Bride will always be culturally relevant.

Not that I'll be buying this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Trip report Gods of Egypt is a fun D&D like movie. :3

Mecha-Set

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Someone over on 4chan's /m/ board(specifically in a thread discussing Mecha relevant games) just did a mostly complete high quality scan of the Mekton Gundam Senshi RPG, just need to get someone to translate it and we'll finally have a minor Holy Grail of the RPG industry properly available

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Ettin posted:

Ya boy Ettin is moving up from tabletop into video games :toot:
Just call it an adventure game ya nerd. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Siivola posted:

That's nowhere near anime enough.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Siivola posted:

How am I supposed to move to Japan and become President of Anime with that attitude?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a preferred/particularly good PDF reader for Windows?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I use Sumatra PDF. It's pretty barebones but it's light and reads files.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Siivola posted:

Yeah, this. It displays the file and has a search function and has tabs. Don't know what else people want from a pdf reader but that's all I ever need.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I like Foxit. it remembers what page I was on in a PDF.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Siivola posted:

AlphaDog posted:

Yeah, this. It displays the file and has a search function and has tabs. Don't know what else people want from a pdf reader but that's all I ever need.

Thanks fam, this is exactly what I needed.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
New blogpost is up for The Next Project

After completing and posting all of the classes in the lead up to the holidays, I've been making some tweaks to various classes here and there; today's post is a list of the changes that have been made so far.

I think as far as numbers go, they're mostly done now (barring feedback/playtesting uncovering bugs) so I'm going to try and work on some of the more aesthetic changes.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It occurs to me that one way to heighten the divide between Cowboys and the Program in Delta Green is to rip a page straight from the headlines: The Program has had a gag order put on it. The briefings are being channeled through this new Cell that filters it for "political review". A number of databases have gone dark, and Green Boxes are being shut down, their contents confiscated.

And now, your handler is reaching out to you, but through an "Alt" account.

What do you do?

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.

gradenko_2000 posted:

It occurs to me that one way to heighten the divide between Cowboys and the Program in Delta Green is to rip a page straight from the headlines: The Program has had a gag order put on it. The briefings are being channeled through this new Cell that filters it for "political review". A number of databases have gone dark, and Green Boxes are being shut down, their contents confiscated.

And now, your handler is reaching out to you, but through an "Alt" account.

What do you do?

I recently blogged about taking cues from the current administration for your games, would also fit in well with Delta Green: http://fuckyeahdnd.tumblr.com/post/156390433272/steal-this-campaign-idea

My dumb blog posted:

Donald Trump makes good on his promise from his inauguration speech to unlock the mysteries of space.

The terrible mysteries of space.

Ratpick fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jan 26, 2017

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ratpick posted:

I recently blogged about taking cues from the current administration for your games, would also fit in well with Delta Green: http://fuckyeahdnd.tumblr.com/post/156390433272/steal-this-campaign-idea

I like this one too:

quote:

It’s Dungeons & Dragons but every time the DM says bee everyone rolls a save versus death.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

quote:

It’s Dungeons & Dragons but every time the DM says bee everyone rolls a save versus death.

At last, the appropriate way to emulate bees in FFXIV, now in tabletop form.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

unseenlibrarian posted:

At last, the appropriate way to emulate bees in FFXIV, now in tabletop form.

Oh my god, you're right. I haven't been in a dungeon in that game long enough that I had momentarily forgotten how deadly those things were.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Ratpick posted:

With all due respect, please let my D&D game be 4 hours of the week when I am not constantly bombarded with new and horrible information about You Know Who.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Oh my god, you're right. I haven't been in a dungeon in that game long enough that I had momentarily forgotten how deadly those things were.

Well, there's a reason it's not called Second-to-Last Sting.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

With all due respect, please let my D&D game be 4 hours of the week when I am not constantly bombarded with new and horrible information about You Know Who.

Yeah, you're right. I know it's easy for me to joke about what's going on in the States on account of not living there, but I can imagine it's rough having to actually live with what your administration is doing.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Ratpick posted:

Yeah, you're right. I know it's easy for me to joke about what's going on in the States on account of not living there, but I can imagine it's rough having to actually live with what your administration is doing.
Rough is a word you could use to describe it. "Moist" is a word you could use to describe the Pacific ocean.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
It's the kind of thing where every time I think of a joke about it, my brain stops me before I say or type anything to remind me that nothing is funny anymore.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

Rough is a word you could use to describe it. "Moist" is a word you could use to describe the Pacific ocean.

Yeah, that was a major understatement on my part. "Really loving terrible" would've been more apt.

I'm sorry, I really shouldn't make light of an administration that has already steamrolled on pretty much all climate legislation and is doing its utmost to suppress actual climate science, and is probably on the fast track to making life horrible for pretty much all minorities whether religious, ethnic or sexual.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It's the kind of thing where every time I think of a joke about it, my brain stops me before I say or type anything to remind me that nothing is funny anymore.

On the other hand, I think gallows humor is an important way to maintain resilience in the face of horrifying realities.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

On the other hand, I think gallows humor is an important way to maintain resilience in the face of horrifying realities.

I gotta laugh, otherwise I start screaming.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I gotta laugh, otherwise I start screaming.

One of the unfortunate poverties of the English language is that we only have one phrase for the multiple meanings in "take something seriously."

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Same, at least online. Can't do it in person because my wife is more or less in a state of constant existential panic-and-or-dread, anymore.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Things are still funny, just not "haha" funny, more like a spiteful sense of schadenfreude funny. This is a vital skill to cultivate for both the SA forums and the Trump administration.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's only a few days into the administration and I'm already terrified and (no joke) want to die. I spend at least part of each day crying and/or screaming.

I have no idea how I'm going to make it through four years of this, but it's not like I've got many options.

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao if you haven't been in one long meltdown since November 8th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Alien Rope Burn posted:

https://twitter.com/fixverified/status/822828692195999744

• Locked thread