Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tipme posted:

Why pull for Orlando when onion knight is on the way. Why pull for onion knight when cloud is on the horizon.

Because Tactics was a good game that I liked and he's a good unit. I don't know poo poo about Onion Knight and Cloud's a nerd.

Vax posted:

Guessing Late March / Early Aprilish.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm probably gonna have 100 tickets by the time the Orlandu banner comes out, which is kinda amazing. That's what happens when you only pull on meta-defining banners.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Dias posted:

I'm probably gonna have 100 tickets by the time the Orlandu banner comes out, which is kinda amazing. That's what happens when you only pull on meta-defining banners.

I usually roll the half price dailies and sometimes use tickets, gambling that I would eventually get a Zidane. I don't have nearly 100 tickets, and I lost that gamble extremely hard :(

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

aherdofpenguins posted:

I usually roll the half price dailies and sometimes use tickets, gambling that I would eventually get a Zidane. I don't have nearly 100 tickets, and I lost that gamble extremely hard :(

I also have no Zidanes. :smith:

I rarely use tickets and I tend to buy the 300-350 crystal bundles instead of daily pulling when they're available to "stockpile", which is probably why I'm doing fine in that regard.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
No Zidane checking in here!

I did have a nice shock of good luck the other day, though: after rolling on the free summon I decided to burn a ticket on the standard premium banner, and lo and behold I got my second rainbow crystal! I was expecting a friend for my 5* Hayate, but it turned out to be actually useful: Dark Fina! Seems that miracles do happen, even when you don't spend 500 dollars on Youtube chasing them! Between D.Fina, D.Ariana at 6* and geared up thanks to the easy event, and my old workhorse Exdeath, I have the skeleton of a right nasty mage team now.

I got a humbling dose of reality today when I decided to see if lightning would strike twice: after a lackluster free roll I burnt another ticket on the standard banner and I got honest to god Bediled.

My real question now is what to do with my Trust Moogles. For various reasons I don't/can't macro, but I'm sitting on a little over 100% worth of Trust Moogles. I have no Zidane, I just pulled a native 5* mage character with inherent dual cast, and I have absolutely no idea what to shoot for Trust Mastery wise. Since it's probably going to be awhile before I get enough moogles for a second TM reward, what would be the best TM to get for Dark Fina (I have her whip from the recent event so a good weapon isn't a massive priority although a strong TM weapon certainly would help boost her further)? Or should I continue holding onto my Moogles alongside my Lapis/tickets waiting for Orlandu/guaranteed 4/5* pulls and hope I either get a Zidane or a GIlgamesh-style dual wield +alpha in the near future?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Robotic Accolade posted:

My real question now is what to do with my Trust Moogles. For various reasons I don't/can't macro, but I'm sitting on a little over 100% worth of Trust Moogles. I have no Zidane, I just pulled a native 5* mage character with inherent dual cast, and I have absolutely no idea what to shoot for Trust Mastery wise. Since it's probably going to be awhile before I get enough moogles for a second TM reward, what would be the best TM to get for Dark Fina (I have her whip from the recent event so a good weapon isn't a massive priority although a strong TM weapon certainly would help boost her further)? Or should I continue holding onto my Moogles alongside my Lapis/tickets waiting for Orlandu/guaranteed 4/5* pulls and hope I either get a Zidane or a GIlgamesh-style dual wield +alpha in the near future?

I'd wait for Dual Wield of some sort, personally.

I *DO* TM macro, and hoarded moogles for when I eventually got one. It was nice to get him 0-70% in one go.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I was a member of the no Zidanes club, like the above posters...then I cashed in my free pull this morning and hello Zidane!

:toot:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
congrats

yeah if you tm grind and aren't in a particular rush for some reason (needing to beat a trial/event) then i'd just grind normally and reconsider once you're close to the tm if you want to speed up the last portion with a moogle

seems like the next event won't be too energy intensive so can probably grind a bunch of tm without moogles for a while

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Tipme posted:

Why pull for Orlando when onion knight is on the way. Why pull for onion knight when cloud is on the horizon.

Pull for everything ever time.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Just came back after a long period of time and had to burn some Cactuars. Xiao (she's only 4*) or get Rain to 6*?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Just came back after a long period of time and had to burn some Cactuars. Xiao (she's only 4*) or get Rain to 6*?

Rain, unless you plan to put Xiao immediately on your A Team. Rain as a 6 star full breaker is much more useful.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Rain only takes a handful of Cactuars to max out.

If you already have a full breaker and lack DPS, Xiao.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Mile'ionaha posted:

I'd wait for Dual Wield of some sort, personally.

I *DO* TM macro, and hoarded moogles for when I eventually got one. It was nice to get him 0-70% in one go.

Yeah, unless you have native dual wielders (and really, even then, for other characters), dual wield is legitimately the best single TM in the game and you may as well hold onto moogles till you can use them to unlock it. I already have a DW and I'm holding my moogles till I can use them to unlock a second

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Mischalaniouse posted:

I hate that people do that poo poo. Like, it doesn't benefit people at all to trick you into losing to them.

Gonna be honest, if I had four Noctis I'd probably hide them behind Rain because that would be pretty goddamned funny.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I have 2 Zidane, I've read he's bad but his tm is great. Is his tm enough to make him great or is there a way to move his tm to other heroes?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

beaner69 posted:

I have 2 Zidane, I've read he's bad but his tm is great. Is his tm enough to make him great or is there a way to move his tm to other heroes?

TMs are usable by everyone that meet the conditions of use. Everybody can equip dual wield.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

beaner69 posted:

Zidane will be...decent with Dual Wield. Its just the innate power of Dual Wield. Double attacks with more Attack to your stat is a double whammy of awesome.
Will benefit mugs like DA BUTZ, Dark Cecil, and Firion more though who have more poo poo in their mix.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

beaner69 posted:

Once you get a TM, its in your inventory as an item/ability/whatever. Anyone can equip and use it, as long as they meet the normal requirements.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

beaner69 posted:

Here's a good guide to TM's though some of us might argue a few of the finer points.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5pxzix/trust_master_rewards_guide_what_where_how/

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Mile'ionaha posted:

Rain only takes a handful of Cactuars to max out.

If you already have a full breaker and lack DPS, Xiao.

My Full Breaker is Vaan (or Ingus if I want to switch things up), who will probably get a 6* eventually.

On the other hand, I'm not sure exactly what Xiao will be bringing other than a DPS slot if I don't need Cecil or CoD.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

My Full Breaker is Vaan (or Ingus if I want to switch things up), who will probably get a 6* eventually.

On the other hand, I'm not sure exactly what Xiao will be bringing other than a DPS slot if I don't need Cecil or CoD.

I think the argument is that there are upcoming fights happening soon where a six star full breaker is much better than a five star breaker. I'm pretty sure they advertised that the upcoming lunar event tomorrow has a boss that is susceptible to full break.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Why is Rain's full break called undermine, anyway? Isn't it functionally identical?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It deals 0.1x more damage.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Skyridge posted:

Why is Rain's full break called undermine, anyway? Isn't it functionally identical?

gotta make another new ability so that they can make you use it on a mission for 10 lapis

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Undermine, aptly named, Undermines Full Break

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PopeCrunch posted:

Oh my loving god. Since my usual arena strategy was banned this week (doublecast) I figured I'd just farm chumps for the 100 streak trophy.
I got to 74 before four nocti hiding behind a rain fire flasked me to ruin.
gently caress.

Maybe next week.

When I did my 100 wins i explicitly went after the low point and badly ranked teams since they had a much lower chance of being better than garbage. This was pre-noctis though and the chinese new year units are going to make it worse.

Vax posted:

Guessing Late March / Early Aprilish.

We're only a couple events away from FFT otherwise so it should be more like late February, maybe early March.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

aherdofpenguins posted:

Read this post and it reminded me I hadn't done my freebie for today.

Ripped a Zidane. Now I have 2 and I can't bring myself to merge them.

Not trolling, just thanking for reminding me.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

hagie posted:

Never merge the monkeys.

Unless you already have five dual wields.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i'm only farming 4* or above tms (besides dw) for now until i blow all my tickets and see how many dupes i get

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

hagie posted:

No......problem.....both me and my new Clyne are so happy for you, as well

:argh:

p.s. oh god don't merge them please don't merge them

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Go RV! posted:

Never merge the monkeys.

Unless you already have five dual wields.

I have a second monkey boy and a trust moogle, but I also have a Noctis that is only a shameful 500 some attack with dual wield.

I'm tempted to burn the moogle on Excalibur or the Safiwhateverwhatever katana to make my Noctis less garbage and realize maybe I should start TM macros. What's the go-to macro for Memu if I'm not going to use lapis?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

WebDO posted:

I have a second monkey boy and a trust moogle, but I also have a Noctis that is only a shameful 500 some attack with dual wield.

I'm tempted to burn the moogle on Excalibur or the Safiwhateverwhatever katana to make my Noctis less garbage and realize maybe I should start TM macros. What's the go-to macro for Memu if I'm not going to use lapis?
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/
Use the ultimate TM macro that says no lapis

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

If you you have a Cecil in your party and want to level his LB, there are some macros that TM farm AND LB farm at the same time. It's definitely been worth it for me to use the LB ones, because they run at the same pace (assuming no lapis) but level up your LB at the same time.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

aherdofpenguins posted:

If you you have a Cecil in your party and want to level his LB, there are some macros that TM farm AND LB farm at the same time. It's definitely been worth it for me to use the LB ones, because they run at the same pace (assuming no lapis) but level up your LB at the same time.

This is probably only good while you're still farming his Excalibur. After that, the slot he takes up on the TM team is not worth the negligible amount of LB exp he'll gain compared to chugging all the burst pots you get from the arena.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Well, I set up a macro, copied in all their values, and it doesn't seem to, uh run. I'm definitely doing something wrong.

e: I changed the size of the app per the instructions but the 1280x720 didn't save even though the dpi change did :negative:

WebDO fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 27, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So what do I do for Exdeath in terms of armor? Why is there no equip robe materia?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

122 tickets
16 moogles
no zidane :(

This past week I have drawn these firsts on dailies: artemois, mercedes, refia, vaan, bartz, locke, miyuki

Like where has this poo poo been

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

So what do I do for Exdeath in terms of armor? Why is there no equip robe materia?

Just accept that you won't get as much MAG out of him as you would another caster and give him armor to make him a little tankier, either through resists or raw DEF/SPR.

Very few hats make Equip Hat worth giving up a +30% MAG, most of them are even less useful than a +10% MAG. Exdeath's refusal to dress like a proper mage is his one failing.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Exdeath's tankiness is overrated anyways.

He still pew pew's things pretty well even with the lack of stupid sexy robes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Just accept that you won't get as much MAG out of him as you would another caster and give him armor to make him a little tankier, either through resists or raw DEF/SPR.

Very few hats make Equip Hat worth giving up a +30% MAG, most of them are even less useful than a +10% MAG. Exdeath's refusal to dress like a proper mage is his one failing.

:negative: I wish I had dual wield or a dark fina.

So what's the consensus on 6* Xiao anyway? I noticed on my friends list that she's in the game now so I figure why not, I have an abundance of 6* awakening mats.

EDIT: At least my TM farm team is 70% now.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 27, 2017

• Locked thread