Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

One of them has to be Game of Thrones, and another is anime.

All of them are directly related to consuming media, though.

What's my prize?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Okay, please no one cheat and look on reddit, guess what the interests are(there are a bunch):
I [17M] simply refuse to date until I can find a lady who shares common interests with me. Is this unreasonable?

anime, MLP, league of legends, videogame streamers, aaaaaaaand some kind of weird sex thing. let's say giantess poo poo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Okay, please no one cheat and look on reddit, guess what the interests are(there are a bunch):
I [17M] simply refuse to date until I can find a lady who shares common interests with me. Is this unreasonable?

anime
power metal
dr who
sherlock
DOTA
collecting funkopop figurines
steampunk

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Anime is a guarantee, video games a close second.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Im going to say....magic cards and anime. Or vore and anime
Surely one of them is anime.

Adam Vegas posted:

He is out searching for a job, and only smokes cigarettes. Bad enough around the kid, but the mother is definitely the worse of the two in this story. She's neglecting the gently caress outta that baby.

Yeah and he contributes nothing to the house except watching the kid which I doubt he's really involved in. Did you see the part about him not doing any of the housework as well? They're both leeches and shouldn't have kids.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

heavy metal music
steampunk
magic the gathering
my little pony
doxxing

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Anime, some sort of MMO, and metal.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Hmm you all are guessing similarly but you're on a slightly wrong track. Think nerdier but less about media consumption. (Like, I swear no anime.)

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Hmm you all are guessing similarly but you're on a slightly wrong track. Think nerdier but less about media consumption.

trains

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hmm you all are guessing similarly but you're on a slightly wrong track. Think nerdier but less about media consumption.

I went and looked after I guessed. I wouldn't have picked that, but it makes perfect sense.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hmm you all are guessing similarly but you're on a slightly wrong track. Think nerdier but less about media consumption. (Like, I swear no anime.)

wikipedia editor

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Pick posted:

wikipedia editor

he doesn't list it but....probably lol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Bitcoin

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

ohhhh

no spoilers but

quote:

I just hate having to invent imaginary people to talk to when I when I want to have a thought-provoking discussion. I'm the type of person to treat every romantic relationship as a potential long-term match, and the idea of spending my entire life with someone who doesn't give a poo poo about anything more than my light conversation depresses me.

it's kind of cute even though he's a stupid dweeb

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tiny Deer posted:

She dumped her boyfriend via her boss. Stone cold.

Nah I guess I believe her story now, if she was willing to take it to her boss and her coworker isn't using the obvious defense of 'but we DID gently caress'.

It's still a completely unbelievable story lady don't get mad because what happened to you is insanely unlikely.

If she was at a work party with other coworkers I don't really get why she didn't mention the numerous witnesses or ask any of them to intercede the first time around, but w/e

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

he doesn't list it but....probably lol

oh oh oh!!! "philosophy"

but like the singularity kind

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Star Trek, Star Wars, doctor who, battlestar

Christ what's nerdier than anime

Smash bros?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

1st AD posted:

ohhhh

no spoilers but

Okay somehow my eyes glazed over that paragraph, geez. Yeah, it's not a case of :murder:, more like, get a grip. Reminds me of that SA poster named prencleeve something who pretended to be a math genius or something?

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Star Trek, Star Wars, doctor who, battlestar

Christ what's nerdier than anime

Smash bros?
I meant less media consumption as in, this is someone who might well see no value in the arts at all.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yeah seriously, my bet is "the singularity". boom.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

The only long-term relationship he's getting is with a sexbot.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I [25F] am paranoid my roommates [20s M/F] might have sex

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

changing guess to ayn rand

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Pick posted:

yeah seriously, my bet is "the singularity". boom.

But yeah I'm giving it to you. Complete answer below:
I could ramble on for hours about free software, Linux, computer hardware, artificial intelligence, philosophical debates, theoretical science, and mathematics, but everyone I've met so far has had no knowledge of these subjects, and no desire to learn about them.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I remember there was a kid on SA who complained he was too smart and mature for his age group. One of the examples of how smart and mature he was that he gave was having read Das Kapital several times.

I'm going to guess it's that.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Ensign Expendable posted:

I remember there was a kid on SA who complained he was too smart and mature for his age group. One of the examples of how smart and mature he was that he gave was having read Das Kapital several times.

I'm going to guess it's that.

Haha yeah that's prencleeve, the one I mentioned, I forgot that part. He made up stuff about being good at math and taking college courses despite being in high school.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

1st AD posted:

ohhhh

no spoilers but

Honestly I can't make too much fun of dudes like this because I did it myself. :shrug: In hindsight I should have probably lowered my standards to something less impossible (maybe I would have had more fun) but I did find my match eventually. Being with somebody who shares a lot of interests and has a very complimentary personality to your own is a good thing, it's just probably not something that is going to fall into your lap, especially if your list of interests is a bunch of nerd poo poo in completely male dominated hobbies

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Philosophy
Libertarianism
Bitcoins
Something hopelessly overspecific, like model rockets from a specific maker

Edit: holy poo poo new page while I was typing

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Ride The Gravitron posted:

[Update] An rear end in a top hat coworker [m?] sentmy [36 F] husband [39M] an inflammatory text at a work even

u/Workpartythrowaway777d

Original post: /r/relationships/comments/5oudfe/an_asshole_coworker_m_sent_my_36f_husband_39m_an/

I spoke to my boss first thing weds morning and told him what happened. While he was not at the bar he knew about the event. Later in the morning he spoke to rear end in a top hat coworker and didn't hear anything else during the workday.

I also told a friend at work what happened. She was there and can vouch for me being at the bar. Without me asking she decided get rear end in a top hat coworker on a conference line and called my husband and had rear end in a top hat apologize for what he did. I don't know exactly what was said and had no idea this call had been made until I got home later in the evening.

My husband gave me a big hug when I arrived and told me about the call. He said that throughout the day he had already come to the conclusion that it was a poo poo prank by a drunk rear end in a top hat. As someone touched on in the comments, the idea that someone I was cheating with would send that text was so absurd that it must have been a prank. He said the call was helpful, but warned me he laid into rear end in a top hat pretty good telling him what turmoil he caused and straight up told the guy to "stay as far away from his wife as professionally possible" or he would make sure his career is impacted.

We talked for hours and he reinforced some expectations going forward. Simple stuff like giving him a heads up if I'm late (he will do the same), pass protecting my phone and generally keeping on guard around people in general.

I think we're about 95% back to normal. This week was kind of a shock and I think we're both a little fatigued from all the drama and plan to spend the entire weekend together.

I'm at work and there's no conflict. He's here but no direct apology yet. But the day is young an honestly I don't care to have any contact with this guy in the future.

Sorry I didn't respond more to the original thread but it kind of turned into a poo poo show of picking apart my "alibi". It agree did look odd that I didn't realize the time or didn't look at my phone for 3 hours as some claimed. I did have an idea about the time. I did look at my phone during the evening. But didn't think to check in because during that time I felt like I was always "on my way out". I dropped my phone in the table at some point before the text and moved to another table to chat up a few coworkers and say goodbye. I got distracted and didn't get to my phone until after the text had been sent. At 8pm I know I should have checked in but it skipped my mind.

Thanks for those who voiced their opinions about not having a cellphone strapped to your body every minute of the day. I am pretty notorious for putting it in my purse and missing half the calls I receive.

Also, I think the next time we meet for drinks after work Inam going to invite my husband. He is very social and talkative and woukd get along with everyone for sure.

Tl;dr: I think it's all good. Husband has been assured nothing happens and the coworker probably got it into his head what a poo poo thing he did.

This still sounds like a lie. Feels like she used reddit to fill in some holes in her original story.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I could ramble on for hours about free software, Linux, computer hardware, artificial intelligence, philosophical debates, theoretical science, and mathematics, but everyone I've met so far has had no knowledge of these subjects, and no desire to learn about them.

wow somehow actually worse than being a brony or otaku

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Hey I like all those things and might have even talked with strangers about them in high school but it's weird if that's a complete list. Isn't it more fun to date someone who has different interests and passions so you can learn about them while sharing yours?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

wow somehow actually worse than being a brony or otaku

To play Nerdboy's Advocate, he's 17, so there's still some vague hope that he'll get over himself. The same post at 27 or 37 is prooooblllleeeeems, though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hey I like all those things and might have even talked with strangers about them in high school but it's weird if that's a complete list. Isn't it more fun to date someone who has different interests and passions so you can learn about them while sharing yours?

NO. we shall speak only of Linux and self-driving cars!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i don't even have a snatch and the phrase "ramble on for hours about free software" made it dry up

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

How are you supposed to date somebody that isn't a clone of you?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Pick posted:

NO. we shall speak only of Linux and self-driving cars!

My[34m] girlfriend[23f] won't install Gentoo[14source-based linux distro with rolling releases]

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

sounds like he should go meet women at a Python convention

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Fullhouse posted:

sounds like he should go meet women at a Python convention
*5000 word essay on why python sucks*

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

OK perl or c++ or I don't give a poo poo this is not an invitation to start a foss debate here

yospos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i mean I can relate because there's like two other people on the Eastern seaboard who wanna figure out how to inlay with a laser cutter with me and they're both dudes, but on the other hand that is an aggressively antisocial list of interests hoo boy