Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
these threads move to fast and make me weird post. and triple ppost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

The Titanic posted:

The programmers are hosed.

There's no way to build the dream game because their talent pool is devastated and the fuzzy, incomprehensible and inadequate designs that fail to work together just don't. It's a broken concept with no thought outside of "oh I have this idea!" from the CEO.

The ONLY people they have left who can produce content is artists.

Now imagine you have to show fake progress, and pretend to be making headway, 5 years into a hopeless project. Now also imagine you are addicted to drugs and money and care nothing about the actual game or your workers. You just want to feel like Scarface 24/7.

You try leaning on your programmers but they can't help you. Programming is actually hard.

So you have your art department. They can whip up poo poo fast, they can build a new model or a new movie to showcase "features" still in "production". They can make art that feigns progress.

Now imagine you are the artists. The whole work load of the company is on your shoulders. There's no game to show, there's no fun gameplay to make things better. There's art. Your art. And the boss is making demands 24/7. From "build me a loving sandworm for my video!" to "we need a loving space motorcycle!" to "I want a Jupiter mining base!" and "concept ships! Concept ships!"

You're going to get burned the gently caress out. I imagine it started off good, where they made stuff and cared. They may have GISd stuff, but they'd put effort into masking it, and it'd never be something from the first 20 results of "moon base" or "nebula".

The art backbone of CIG is showing cracks. Once that's gone, CIG will have literally nothing to fall back on. Every rushed, anger-inspired art piece is one more straw closer to the whole mess coming down. The artists are getting frustrated and I bet they are hugely overwhelmed and overworked, and frankly probably just a little bit upset with how they are treated.

So yeah, gonna use pick #4 in the GIS search for "nebula". Is it ripped off from another game? Don't care, that's what the crop tool is for.

Keep on doing what you're doing, CIG! Continue to be gamings biggest embarrassment for the next couple decades! :allears:

Chris shot himself in the foot by adding Star Marine. You can bet your jpegs all the programmers will be spending most of 2017 bandaid fixing there instead of working on the headaches of the rest of the game.

MeLKoR posted:

That commando is getting savaged by his own ship. Very stimperial. o4

This is a magic post; anytime I think about I start to chuckle.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5qkn6m/star_citizen_used_eve_online_nebula/dd06w6p/

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Foo Diddley posted:

I'm sure it's just perfectly normal turnover. Most game companies go through employees quicker than the local McDonalds, right?

If the average person stays on for three years, and there are three hundred people, you'd expect two people leaving every week. Obviously I'm making some assumptions here, but it's safe to say that there will people regularly leaving any big company. With the amount of junior talent working at the studio, it probably isn't far off from a McDonalds.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

ManofManyAliases posted:

I know I said it a number of times: I really expect at least a mission or two out of SQ42 this year as a teaser, with release of SQ42 next year (summer maybe)? And I'm thinking we'll enter beta by the end of next year with full release in 2018. That said, my 'oh-poo poo' moment will likely be observation of progress by end of Q2 next year: if procedural tech, netcode and and other gameplay mechanics aren't more refined at that point, it's probably too far past a salvage point. Then again, I fully expect the grey-market to still be a viable alternative to offload most of my assets, even by Summer of next year.

MoMA can you name your most crucial 'must be working in 2017' feature? I'm pretty astonished a space game can get this far with no demonstratable mining or trade. But tell us what you think is most important. It's very easy to argue over if the netcode has improved or not so please choose something concrete.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

No - absolutely not. Just more FUD to get the thread moving a bit.

Prove it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Sillybones posted:

these threads move to fast and make me weird post. and triple ppost

That's fine. nobody reads what the gently caress i post anyway, and everyone here loves to suck each other's dick (and/or hoo-hah, I don't discriminate) on this stupid megathread. cat post

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

answer the call

I have no idea what's happening here but it is good

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ManofManyAliases posted:

FUD: Facts U Dislike

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Imagine being such a beta that the only thing you can think to spend your "disposable" 22k on is fake spaceships.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

I have it on good sources that they did happen.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ddiddles posted:

Imagine being such a beta that the only thing you can think to spend your "disposable" 22k on is fake spaceships.

A doctor interested in SC ? Probably a pediatrician.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
$22K would be better spent by me playing drunken poker at the dog track with free drinks

because at least I'd get drunk and have fun

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

You know something bad is happening when Toast starts posting a lot here

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hello lethality

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Foo Diddley posted:

FUD: Facts U Dislike
Funny Uncle Derek

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ok - an alpha version of a game-to-be. Whatever man.

Give us an alternative fact. We know you're full of them.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

a company making a revolutionary game?

Wow that sounds great when do you think they'll start working on that??

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Oh come on! A whole day of me awaiting what the 'big news' will be and instead we get some coy: "BTW more people left tee hee, can't say which?" Spill the goddamn beans, already, or don't do the hype train. After more than a year of going through this cocktease with the Warlord it does get kinda old.

Tho I at least appreciate some good ole Archering to fill the void.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Lol no. My degrees mean I never need to work in sales. Thanks though.

Are you calling me a wageslave plebscrub?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Other than that, no investigations, no calls to cease business, no .... well, nothing at all!

Gotta hand you that one Toast. Not even a game.

e. darn need to read thread faster.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ok - an alpha version of a game-to-be. Whatever man.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ewe2 posted:

Give us an alternative fact. We know you're full of them.

he has degrees.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Never forget :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6UpYsOwlGY

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Theres a couple people in the Eve reddit thread saying SC can use it as its fair use for concepts.

Not if you are using it as marketing material dipshits.

edit: Christ now they're saying newsletters etc are just "inside looks at dev, not marketing"

TrustmeImLegit fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jan 28, 2017

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

ManofManyAliases posted:

Decent salary managing a multi-million dollar marketing campaign for a company making a revolutionary game? Sounds good. Sign me up.

Yea, it's called nepotism.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Decent salary managing a multi-million dollar marketing campaign for a company making a revolutionary game? Sounds good. Sign me up.

Urrr, I think you mean startup?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

intardnation posted:

he has degrees.

Toast you mean? Nah, just a paralegal.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I just noticed the thread Arf made in QCS.
lol

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Theres a couple people in the Eve reddit thread saying SC can use it as its fair use for concepts.

Not if you are using it as marketing material dipshits.

edit: Christ now they're saying newsletters etc are just "inside looks at dev, not marketing"

Reach a verdict, then interpret the law to justify it. That's how it works right?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
ARF ARF HE'S OUR MAN

IF HE KEEPS POSTING

HE'LL GET A BAN!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tokamak posted:

I just noticed the thread Arf made in QCS.
lol

We better get some doxxing done before the next qcs thread shuts us down

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Le funny game company

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Kosumo posted:

IMHO that is far from them Archering it.

You guys are reaching on that.

The Other bit thought (nebula) is 100% ripped off.

Agreed. The overall CIG style is definitely "inspired" by the original, and the backdrop was absolutely archered, but the station looks too different. But then again, they've "borrowed" from several images to make a composite before.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Has anyone compared GIS results for "rising steam" with the art?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Thanks for the update MOMA Ann.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
And all of that would be 100% a-okay if they used it for internal concept. But now its been used in marketing to help make money.

A big no-no.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Someone has advice for you MoMA :smuggo:

quote:

It's pretty easy to not read a forum. I recommend doing that to everybody here up in arms.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly the people who go "Hahaha wow big things just happened teehee can't say" need a nice tall glass of shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

TheAgent posted:

it did and like every other piece of news about this poo poo project, it isn't being covered by anyone

makes u think

Oh, weird.